R E S P E C T by ceindreadh
Summary: Gibbs was never the most tactful person in the world, especially when it came to relationships.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, Humor, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 4230 Read: 12083 Published: 04/14/2006 Updated: 04/16/2006

1. R E S P E C T by ceindreadh

2. 2/3 by ceindreadh

3. 3/3 by ceindreadh

R E S P E C T by ceindreadh
Author's Notes:
Gibbs was never the most tactful person in the world, especially when it came to relationships.
Title: RESPECT 1 / 3
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) Slash
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Rating: FRT 17
Warnings: slash/sex
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, I'm only borrowing them, but I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.

----------------------------

Gibbs maneuvered Tony backwards until the younger man felt the mattress of the bed against the back of his knees. Gibbs hands were all over Tony's body, pulling at his shirt, heedless of the buttons that went flying everywhere as he almost ripped it open. Tony would have protested, after all, it had been a good shirt, but his mouth was busy, fastened as it was onto Gibbs lips, and when Gibbs hands were wandering all over his body like that, who cared about clothing anyway.

A not so gentle push from Gibbs, and Tony was flat on his back on the bed. He barely had time to react before Gibbs was upon him, expert hands unbuckling Tony's belt and dragging his trousers down. Tony pulled off the remains of his shirt and tossed it onto the ground where it was soon joined by his underwear and tie.

Once Tony was naked before him, Gibbs seemed to have acquired some self-control and he stood by the bed, grinning in anticipation as he roughly shed his own clothing.

"Be gentle with me boss," said Tony, his grin equally wide.

"The hell I will," said Gibbs, jumping on top of him. His lips swept down Tony's chest, fastening on one nipple. He lifted his head and added, "You know the way you like it, and gentle isn't in my vocabulary."

Tony groaned with delight, "Yeah okay, but will you still respect me in the morning?"

"What makes you think I respect you now, DiNozzo?" Gibbs was moving up Tony's body now to where his left earlobe was just begging to be sucked. But his lips closed on empty air as Tony pushed him away. "What the hell? DiNozzo!"

"You don't respect me?" There was an edge in Tony's voice as he held Gibbs at arms length. "What am I to you, just a fuck toy? Something to use to scratch an itch?"

"DiNozzo," Gibbs was exasperated now and he rolled off Tony onto the mattress beside him. "Look, you're more than just a fuck toy, okay? You're great in bed. I enjoy having sex with you. Now are you happy?"

"No."

Gibbs groaned inwardly as he felt Tony slide off the bed. Great, now he wasn't going to get laid and after he'd been looking forward to it all day. Sighing he propped himself up on his elbows and watched as Tony picked up his scattered clothing. He sighed even more as he watched Tony's ass disappear beneath the cloth of his trousers. "DiNozzo, get back here and let me finish what I started." Gibbs spoke in his most Gibbsian voice. The one that usually had his agents falling over themselves to do what he wanted. But that was in the office, and the rules were different in the bedroom.

"DiNozzo," Gibbs tried again in a more friendly voice. This time Tony stopped and turned around, eyes watching Gibbs warily, even as he buckled his belt. "DiNozzo, come back to bed. It's been a long day and I shouldn't have made that crack about not respecting you. Look, we'll talk about it in the morning, but not now." Gibbs knew that he was going to have to pull out the big guns if he was going to avoid spending the night alone. He flashed his most winning smile at DiNozzo. The one that tended to have the younger man melting at the knees and horny as hell. Gibbs patted the mattress beside him. "Bed's getting cold DiNozzo..."

For a second it looked like Tony was wavering but Gibbs made the mistake of opening his mouth again, "Come on DiNozzo, this is waiting for you." He gently stroked his erection sure that the prospect of sex would override everything. It usually did in his encounters with DiNozzo. But this time it looked like Gibbs had overestimated Tony's libido.

"Get a hot water bottle," snapped Tony as he grabbed his clothes and left the bedroom.

-----------------------

"And then he just grabbed his things and left, Ducky," Gibbs was furiously smoothing down the side of his boat. "I mean I'm offering him sex on a plate, no strings attached, and he just walks out. Next day at work it was all 'yes Gibbs' and 'no Gibbs', that's when he even opened his mouth at all. It's been like this for over a week now. First I figured maybe he was just playing hard to get until I'd crack, but when I finally give in and tell him to come over he just said he was busy. Washing his hair if you can believe that."

Sitting in the corner of Gibbs' basement, Ducky took a sip from his coffee and grimaced.
"So you invited me instead. Well I'm flattered Jethro, but I make it a point not to be the rebound guy."

"Not even for old times sakes?" Gibbs stopped smoothing the wood and grinned at Ducky.

"Especially not for old times sakes." Ducky put down his coffee and moved over to beside Gibbs. "But I know you didn't ask me over here for that."

Gibbs sighed in frustration as he resumed working on the boat. "I just don't know what DiNozzo's problem is. He's getting regular sex, plenty of it. It's pretty damn good even though I say so myself, and there's no danger of him having to make a commitment. So why does he have to go on at me about 'respect'. I mean, I always thought the main advantage of going with a guy was that I wouldn't have to worry about all that touchy feely crap, right? And from the way DiNozzo mouths off, I figured he wouldn't mind that either. So what's his problem."

"Oh Jethro, for a man of your intelligence you really can be quite inept when it comes to personal relationships. The problem with Tony is that the poor lad is in love with you."

There was a yelp from Gibbs as the plane he was using impacted with his fingers.

-------------------------

To be continued
2/3 by ceindreadh
Author's Notes:
Gibbs never had a great track record with relationships, and his fling with Tony is no exception.
Title: RESPECT 2/3
Author: Ceindreadh
Email: Ceindreadh@eircom.net
Website: n/a
Permission to archive: Yes
Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash) Slash
Pairing/Characters: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Rating: FRT 17
Summary:
Warnings: slash/sex
Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters, I'm only borrowing them, but I promise to return them in minty fresh condition when I'm finished.

----------------
"Yeouch," Gibbs yelped as Ducky carefully cleaned the deep scrapes on his fingers. "Dammit Ducky, be careful."

"It would help if you stopped squirming so much, Jethro." Ducky finished cleaning the scrapes and examined them closely. "There, a little bit of antiseptic, a small dressing, and you'll be good as new. Which is more than I can say for Tony's feelings thanks to you and your complete lack of tact when it comes to relationships."

Gibbs pulled his hand away impatiently. "I didn't ask you here to lecture me about my love life," he snapped.

"Don't you mean your 'sex life'? From what you've told me, it appears there's certainly no love coming from *your* side. And whatever the reason you asked me here, you don't think I'm going to simply keep my mouth shut while you make the biggest mistake of your life."

"Oh yeah, and what would that be?"

"Letting that young man go without a fight." Ducky was busy pouring some antiseptic onto a clean cloth from his first aid kit. "I've seen the way he looks at you when he knows you're not looking. And I've seen the way you look at him when you know *he's* not looking. I'm old enough to know what love looks like, Jethro."

"Well maybe you need stronger glasses," said Gibbs, "Because when I look at Tony, it's nothing but lust, plain and simple. There's no love involved." He yelped loudly as Ducky grabbed his hand and applied the antiseptic soaked cloth to the scrapes.

"Oh, this may sting a bit, Jethro."

-------------------------------

"I do *not* love, DiNozzo," Gibbs growled to himself as he tried to make himself a coffee several hours later. Ducky had applied a heavy dressing to his left hand, saying that with all the wood shavings around the house it was as well to make sure that the wound was completely covered. So now Gibbs's left hand was almost totally covered from fingertips to wrist.

Gibbs would have removed the bandage once the M.E. had left, but Ducky had foreseen that possibility and put his initials on the dressing, telling Jethro that if the bandage was tampered with in any way before at least twenty four hours had passed, then he would personally inform Director Morrow that Gibbs should be placed on immediate sick leave to ensure that the wound healed properly.

Gibbs knew that Ducky was serious, so even though he thought it an unnecessary precaution, he didn't touch the bandage.

He wished it was as easy to ignore Ducky's words about Tony that kept ringing in his ears. How could DiNozzo be in love with him? Gibbs was not the type of guy that people fell in love with. Or at least not for long. Heck, part of the reason he kept swatting Tony in the office and treating him like a kid was just so DiNozzo *wouldn't* make the mistake of thinking that their relationship was about anything other than sex.

It wasn't *his* fault that the kid couldn't take a hint. Was it? Gibbs sat down with his mug of coffee. Had he been giving off the wrong sort of signals? Surely he couldn't have given Tony the impression that their relationship had any sort of future? It was about the sex, nothing more, wasn't it?

"Maybe Ducky was mistaken," Gibbs told himself as he drank his coffee. "DiNozzo can't be in love with me, he's too much in love with himself." But even as the coffee slid down his throat, Gibbs was busy remembering all the times he'd been with DiNozzo, both in and out of the office. The little things that Tony did like brushing up against him accidentally while in the field. The sly grin he'd flash whenever he'd said something particularly funny, but always whatever he did, there was a quick look at Gibbs as if to seek approval. Gibbs had always thought that Tony simply needed approval from an authority figure, having had little parental approval during his childhood. But was Ducky right? Could it have been something deeper? Ducky wasn't usually wrong about these things.

"And if Ducky's right, then what does that say about me?" Gibbs thought gloomily. He knew he was no great shakes in the relationship department. Three ex-wives was certain proof of that. But he had thought that he could read people. He prided himself on being able to tell when a suspect or witness was lying, so how could he not have seen what seemed so obvious now that Ducky had pointed it out. "Love is blind," Gibbs said out loud. He almost laughed at the thought. He liked DiNozzo...a lot. He certainly had a hell of a lot more fun around him than he'd ever had with any of his ex-wives, even in the early stages of their relationships when the sex had been good and plentiful and before the marriages had hit the rocks.

And in spite of his earlier words to Tony, he *did* respect him. He respected him as a good NCIS agent. He respected the younger man's experience and competence in the field. And he *did* respect him as a lover. One thing his ex-wives and ex-girlfriends had never been able to fault him on was the way he treated them in the bedroom. Outside of it might have been a different matter, but Gibbs had never been one to 'love em and leave em'. He had never taken a woman to bed and ignored her after having sex. He had always treated them right and if he said he'd call then he did. Okay, it was usually to say once was enough, but he did respect his sexual partners...didn't he?

So why had he made that crack to Tony? It wasn't even all that funny and certainly DiNozzo had taken it seriously. And okay, while Gibbs wasn't interested in anything long term, he certainly didn't think of Tony as just a fuck toy...or did he? Shit. No wonder the poor kid had done a runner. It was one thing to treat their relationship as nothing more than a series of one night stands, it was another thing to be confronted with the belief that you were of no more value than one of those battery operated thingamajigs that ex-wife number two had been so fond of.

Gibbs drank his coffee, not even noticing that it had gone cold while he had been thinking. Did he love DiNozzo; that was the question? Oh he liked the kid; that was clear enough. And boy, he certainly loved his body. Oh yeah, that taut muscular body just laying there on the bed, all his for the taking. Gibbs groaned as he realized that unless he did something he was never going to have the pleasure of *that* again. The idea of simply picking up another young muscular body only briefly crossed his mind. Sure he could go to a bar or a club and modesty be damned, even at his age he could pick up a DiNozzo replacement without a problem.

But here was the problem, he didn't *want* a replacement, he wanted the real thing and maybe Ducky was right and he did love Tony. Heck, maybe this was what love really was, the absolute certainty that not only didn't he want to spend another night alone in his bed, but the even greater certainty that filling his bed with anybody other than Tony would be worse than having it empty.

Gibbs knocked back the last of his coffee. There was now only one small problem. How the hell to persuade Tony to get back into his life and into his bed.

-----------------

To be continued
3/3 by ceindreadh
Author's Notes:
Gibbs has never been great with relationships, and his fling with Tony has been no exception. Will he get the chance to make things right?
Gibbs knocked back the last of his coffee. There was now only one small problem. How the hell to persuade Tony to get back into his life and into his bed.

-----------------

[Part 3]

Gibbs was no closer to a solution by the time he'd cleaned up his mug, leaving it to drain ready for his first coffee the next morning. Best to sleep on things, he finally decided. Normally he would spend time in his basement working on his boat, letting his hands move over the wood while his mind was free to concentrate on whatever problems were bothering him. But he couldn't do that with his hand all bandaged so he decided to sleep on his problems and hopefully come up with a solution by morning.

With that in mind, Gibbs was heading for the stairs when the sound of breaking glass stopped him in his tracks.

Seconds later he was crouched beside the door to his kitchen, cursing himself for having left his gun in the basement. The only weapon he had been able to find was a bright pink umbrella - property of one of his exes, which he had never bothered to throw out - and which was now clutched firmly in his uninjured hand. The glass sounded as if it had come from the back door and now Gibbs could hear somebody moving stealthily through the kitchen.

Gripping the umbrella firmly, Gibbs waited until he heard footsteps coming towards him, then with a loud yell, he stood and swung the umbrella towards the shadowy form in front of him.

"Hey, take it easy, Boss!" yelped Tony, as he narrowly avoided the blow.

"DiNozzo! What the hell are you doing here?" snapped Gibbs. Lowering the umbrella, he flicked on the kitchen light.

Tony blinked as the lights came on.

- - - - - - - - -
Half an hour earlier Tony's phone had woken him out of a restless sleep.

"Anthony my dear boy, I'm really rather worried about Jethro." Ducky's voice came over Tony's mobile.

"Yeah? Good for you Ducky," mumbled Tony, sleepily. "What'd he do, switch to decaf?"

"No, but he managed to injure himself while working on that damned boat of his, and he refused to let me bring him to hospital for proper medical treatment. Stubborn fool. I tried to make him see reason, but you know Jethro. Anyway, I'm really worried for his health and well being. He really shouldn't be alone right now, not in his condition."

It hadn't taken much persuading for Tony to promise that he'd go and check on Gibbs. Hearing the worry in Tony's voice, Ducky did feel a little pang of guilt over his deception. Technically he hadn't lied. Gibbs really *shouldn't* be alone...but it was for his emotional well-being and not physical that Ducky was concerned. "I'm sure Tony will forgive me," he told himself as he put away the phone.

- - - - - - - - -

"Ducky said you'd been hurt," replied Tony. It was starting to dawn on him that maybe Ducky had been exaggerating a bit. "I said I'd see if you were okay. Guess I had a wasted journey so I'll be leaving now."

He made as if to turn away only to stop when Gibbs took a step towards him.
"DiNozzo, wait..."

Gibbs watched as Tony eyed him warily. He knew that the next words he uttered would have to be more carefully thought out than anything he'd ever said in his life. This was his one chance to make things right with Tony. If he screwed this up, he knew he'd never get another chance.
"Why the hell did you break in instead of knocking?" For the second time Gibbs cursed himself for saying the wrong thing.

"Because you never trusted me enough to give me a key," snapped Tony. "The way Ducky told it made it seem like you'd be passed out on the floor or something and I didn't want to waste time knocking, okay. Anyway, if you've finished giving me the third degree then I'm out of here. I can see it was a wasted journey." This time he did turn to go. "You can send me the bill for the glass," he added as he walked away.

"Tony, don't go...please." It was that single word...the word that Gibbs hardly ever used...that stopped Tony in his tracks.

He turned around slowly, his face full of uncertainty. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just keep on walking."

"Because..." Gibbs knew what he had to say, the truth that had been staring him in the face but that he had been too blind to see until Ducky had pointed it out to him. "Because I love you."

Tony's face was expressionless for a few seconds and then it creased up and he laughed bitterly. "Good one, Boss. You been practicing? Cause it sure sounded like you meant it."

"I do mean it, Tony." Gibbs took a step closer to Tony, half afraid that if he got too close the younger man would bolt like a frightened animal, but aching to get close enough to touch Tony one more time. "I've been a fool, a blind fool. I love you Tony and I don't want to let you go, not like this. I swear that I'm not just saying this to get you back in my bed. I mean it, and I'll do whatever it takes to prove it to you. Just please, *please* give me a second chance."

"Why should I believe you?" Tony didn't move any closer, but he didn't move any further away, which Gibbs judged was a good sign.

"Have I ever lied to you? I know I sometimes haven't told you what's going on, but have I ever flat out lied to you?" Gibbs took a step closer. "Tony, look at me, I mean it. I love you. Now if you want to walk away, then that's fine, that's your choice and I'll respect it...just like I respect you. I know that what I said to you before hurt you and God, if there was any way to unsay it then I would. I *do* respect you. I respect you as an investigator, I know I don't give you as much credit as you deserve because you're a damn good NCIS agent, one of the best I've ever had on my team. And I just wish I'd treated you with the proper respect outside of the job as well. Frankly I wouldn't blame you if you just walked on out, but I'm asking you...no, I'm begging you, please stay."

"You don't have to beg," said Tony softly as he stepped closer to Gibbs and allowed himself to be pulled into a warm embrace.

For a few seconds neither man moved. Tony's head was resting on Gibbs shoulder, his arms wrapped tightly around his boss.

"I love you, Tony," Gibbs whispered into the top of Tony's head. "Whatever it takes, I'll do anything to show that to you."

Tony lifted his head and looked Gibbs straight in the eye. "Anything?"

If Gibbs mind had been able to process the evil grin on Tony's face then he might have responded differently, but all he could see were Tony's eyes on him so he said, "Anything."

-------------------

"Anything," muttered Gibbs under his breath as he fiddled with his bow tie. "He was supposed to ask for lots of sex, or maybe a formal apology in front of the whole office. Heck, I'd have smashed up the boat with a sledgehammer if he'd given the word. But no, he has to ask for this."
Finally getting the bow tie to sit straight, Gibbs smoothed down his hair and headed for his car. Two minutes later he returned to pick up the large bouquet of flowers and box of chocolates that he'd forgotten to bring with him the first time.

Half an hour later he was knocking at Tony's door. Tony's request had been simple. Their relationship had started when they'd been forced to share a double room while on their way back from an investigation. Since then most of their time together had been spent in bed or on the way to it.

"I want to be courted," Tony had said. "Flowers, chocolate. Dinner in a fancy restaurant. Maybe a movie or two. I don't just want to fall back into your bed, I want you to seduce me back into it."

Well Gibbs had promised and by God he was going to keep his promise. DiNozzo wasn't going to know what hit him...by the end of the night he'd be begging Gibbs to take him to bed. And if not tonight then tomorrow night or the night after. Gibbs could be a very patient man when he wanted to be, especially when he knew the prize was worth the wait.

-----------------------

The End
End Notes:
Yes, I know that Gibbs usually leaves his door unlocked, but that doesn't work for this fic, so let's pretend he's changed his policy, okay?
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5515