Welcome Back by Ncis_Fan_2005
Summary: No point just read it :)
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1014 Read: 1938 Published: 05/13/2006 Updated: 05/13/2006
Story Notes:
Dedicated to Nikki :P

1. Welcome Back by Ncis_Fan_2005

Welcome Back by Ncis_Fan_2005
Author's Notes:
No point just read it :)
Chapter 1: Welcome back Kate.

Kate stepped off the plane, hand in hand with her love. She felt the breeze play with her hair and spill it into her face. She pulled off her sunglasses. It was not as sunny here, in Washington D.C as it was in Hawaii. She continued to float down the steps until they reached the bottom and hit sturdy ground. Her shoes tapped on the concrete beneath her as they searched for the luggage.

"This is ours, right?" She asked the man stood next to her.
"Yes, I think so," He said, picking up the brownish looking suitcase and examining the label thoroughly. "Yes, definitely." He continued staring at her beautiful smile, brightening up the somewhat dull day.

The walked over to the car. It had lost its glorious shine.
"Needs a wash" Stated the man, rubbing his thumb over the mirror to get it shining as it had once been. Kate just sighed and heaved the last bag into the back.

"Men and their cars." She laughed.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *


Kate walked into the bullpen and awaited her briefing from Gibbs but there was know sign of him anywhere. Actually, there was no sign of the team at all.

"Must be in Abbey's lab" She thought to herself as she headed towards her destination.

"Abbey!" She called, awaiting her reply.
"Yeah Kate."
"I wondered where you guys were!"

She looked around but only saw McGee, Gibbs and Ducky. There was absolutely no sign of Tony anywhere and the mood reflected that.

"Where's—"
"Out buying champagne." Gibbs cut her off.
"For …"
"We've heard about the engagement Kate"
"Oh right." She smiled.

This hadn't crossed her mind at all; she just wanted to see Tony and the rest of the team. She didn't know why, but it meant a lot to have Tony's approval. It was strange it wasn't like they were related or anything. They were just really good friends.

Abbey ran up to her and hugged her. Congratulations were given by all of the team as they waited for the champagne to arrive. About 10 minutes after, Tony walked in putting on a smile.

"Congrats Kate!" He sighed, smiling at the same time though. Not wanting to see what he really felt. He was good at hiding the truth.

Kate flashed the ring to Abbey.

"Do you like it?" She asked.
"It's beautiful!" She said pulling the ring and Kate's finger up close to her face. She focused on the Single diamond embedded carefully in the middle.

Gibbs lifted his glass of Champagne and toasted with Kate.

"For a happy future with Tom" He smiled.

Tony forced his glass up into the air, the pressure of the hands around it about to smash the glass for sure. So he placed it down onto Abbey's desk without taking a sip and returned to the bullpen.


* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Kate followed shortly after.
"You're still coming around for dinner tonight aren't you Tony?" She asked.
"Dunno." He replied.
"Tony you should be happy for me and Tom!" Kate shouted.
"No I shouldn't, because you deserve better!" He replied getting louder every word her spoke.

Abbey was tempted to go up and see as the conversation was just about heard from where she was stood in the lab, thanks to her nifty air vent. She walked over to the elevator but Gibbs stopped her before she could intervene. He just shook his head and guided her back to her desk.

"He's changed Tony and you need to accept that!"
"HE CHEATED ON YOU FOR GODS SAKE, YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT"
"You just have to ruin everything, DON'T YOU!?"

She sat down in her seat and shot him the most evil look anyone had ever seen.

"Grow up DiNozzo!"

Tony just sighed and walked to the elevator and left without another word or his coat or bag for that matter.

"YOU'RE STILL COMING TO DINNER; GIBBS SAID HE'LL MAKE YOU!!"


~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ **
End Notes:
Dedicated to Nikki :P
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5592