X~*~x Complications Part 1 x~*~X by Ncis_Fan_2005
Summary: Some comlications arise in Tony and Kate's relationship and things begin to unsettle.
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Drama
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2088 Read: 2171 Published: 05/13/2006 Updated: 05/13/2006
Story Notes:
Part two will be released shortly after so there will not be a long wait :D

1. X~*~x Complications Part 1 x~*~X by Ncis_Fan_2005

X~*~x Complications Part 1 x~*~X by Ncis_Fan_2005
Author's Notes:
Some comlications arise in Tony and Kate's relationship and things begin to unsettle.
"Kate that really isn't necessary" Laughed Tony as Kate placed his legs up onto the couch.
"You're ill and you're not moving until you get better!" She turned away to get him a hot water bottle which was placed inside her boiler cabinet to keep it extra warm.

Tony sniffed as he pulled yet another tissue to his nose.
"Kate I'm fine" He persisted.
He let out another ear splittingly loud sneeze which seemed to shake the small enclosed room he was sat in located in Kate's apartment.
"Yea you sure sound it DiNozzo"

Kate walked over to Tony cuddling the hot water bottle with her arms, trying to soak up some of its warmth.

"Here you go" She smiled as she lifted up the pile of blankets that surrounded him and placed it underneath them. She carefully put the blankets back on top of him then she walked out to the kitchen smiling to her self.

"Do you want coffee?" She asked from the kitchen already making one for him anyway.
"Yes please"
"One sugar right?" she asked
"Correct"

She brought it in moments later and place in gently down onto the coaster next to his tissues. She sat down at his feet, pulled her knees into her chest and turned the television on by the remote she was now holding in her hands.

"You are not moving until you are better, unless, of course you need the toilet" She smiled and continued to channel surf.

"Are you ever going to settle on one channel?" He asked.
"Depends if..." She broke of.

There was a pounding at the door.
"Who is it" Kate shouted. She walked over to the door and looked through the tiny peephole. It was a strange woman. She was very pretty; her long blonde hair covered her crystal blue eyes. Kate thought this was strange, seen as she had never met this woman in her life.
She opened the door.
"Tony, where is Tony" She asked desperation and panic apparent in her voice.
"Melissa?" Tony called through the living room.

The pretty, young looking woman burst into the living room past Kate slamming her into the wall.
"Don't mind me" She puffed, slightly winded by being bashed into the door frame. She shut the door behind the woman.
"Tony, are you ok?" She said worriedly, "What's she been doing"
"Uh, if you are referring to me, my name is Kate and I have only tried my best to make him feel better" She scorched.
"Yes, well, I can take care of that now." She smiled, snobbishly.
"It's ok Melissa; I am quite capable of looking after him!"
"Ladies, please I'm ill here, no need to fight over me"
"Shut up DiNozzo" Kate said smiling.
"Well, if you're going to talk to him like that, I think I will take him home"
"Home?" Kate said, confused with this woman and her ‘terms'.

But Melissa was already packing up his things, ready to leave. Kate was shocked by her actions; she had been looking after him just fine as it was.
Finally all his stuff was packed up into the small bag he brought it in. Just then there was another banging at the door.

"Oh for the love of God" Sighed Kate "Come in"
"Um, Miss. It's your pizza" Said a pathetic voice.

Kate paid the man for the pizza's she had ordered then sat down to eat them alone. Tony left the woman clinging to her arm in a sickly fashion.

"Sorry Kate" He whispered.

There was something in his eyes which showed Kate he meant this and he really did want to stay with her.

"Hey that's ok" She smiled, repressing her feeling of sadness and depression. She was only trying to help him and it had got thrown back in her face, yet again.
She looked at the small clock that lay annoyingly off centre on the mantelpiece.

"Ah well, more pizza for me" she laughed, trying to see the positive side.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Kate strolled into the bullpen, a beautiful smile visible on her face.

"Morning McGee" She smiled.
"Hey Kate, we've got a new case"
"No we don't McGee, they found the sailor." Announced Gibbs
"Oh, where" Asked McGee
"Does it matter?"
"Uh no boss" He cowered, walking back to his desk.

Gibbs sat down and shook his head, squinting at the screen of his computer. He tried desperately to make out what the words said.
"Do you need some help there Gibbs?" DiNozzo asked, walking in from the elevator pulling on his tie.
"Aren't you sick DiNozzo?"
"Not anymore Gibbs" He smiled "It's the good old DiNozzo"
"You mean the old DiNozzo was good" Said Gibbs, making himself look puzzled.

Kate laughed, pulling her collar away from her neck in the sudden outburst of heat. "Why isn't the air con working Gibbs?" She asked blowing a piece of hair out of her face. "It's so hot in here"

"No, that's just me" Tony smiled.
"Funny"

"Agent's DiNozzo and Todd, follow me please" The directors secretary appeared out of no where and was quickly hurrying them towards Jenny's office.

Kate looked at Tony puzzled.
"We have a case for you" she announced.
Tony pulled his gun from the draw at the same time as Kate.
"You wont be needing them" She smiled.

Gibbs smiled; he knew exactly what was going on as he had volunteered them for the case earlier.

Tony and Kate did as they were told and followed her up the stairs into the small office space. She opened the door. This revealed a much larger space, inhabited by the director of NCIS.

"Agent's Todd, DiNozzo! Take a seat" Said Jenny smiling at them.

They walked in slowly and approached the seats. Kate sat down but Tony however remained stood.

"Take a seat Agent DiNozzo" She repeated.
At this, Tony sat down on the seat directly next to Kate's and listened attentively.

"You two have both been volunteered for the new case we are currently working."
"By who" asked Tony.
"By Special Agent Gibbs, and next time do not interrupt me" She said sternly.

Tony shut up immediately. Why would Gibbs volunteer them for a case? Why didn't anyone seem to know about it?

"This case is top secret and is to be worked with the utmost care and accuracy"

"That's why no one knew about it" he thought to himself.

"Both of you will be placed undercover, as a married couple" She continued "We have Intel that a terrorist sleeper cell, containing a woman and a man has been placed in the Washington area. They are posing or could be a married couple themselves. You will be moving in next to them a week today so cancel any plans. We know the man is definitely a terrorist, he is on our watch list but we can not take him out as it may activate other cells in the area of even cascade attacks throughout Washington. The woman, however we are not so sure about, she may not be a terrorist and that's what we need you two to find out. Spy on them, invite them over for dinner do whatever it takes just get the information, there could be promotions in this for you if you succeed" She finished.

"Well" Said Kate, taken aback.
"This is going to be fun" Smiled Tony. He looked deep into her eyes and smiled.

*** *** * * * *** *** * * * *** *** * * * *** *** * * * *** *** * * * *** * * * *

"So Tony, who is Melissa?" Kate asked randomly
"My girlfriend"
"Girlfriend?" She repeated.
"Yeah"
"Oh, I didn't know you had a girlfriend"
"I do" He said shortly, seeing how much this was hurting her, he decided it would be best to drop it now, if she would let him.
"Well is that it? I do!" She shouted.
"Well what do you want me to say?" He asked in an annoyed tone.
" I DON'T KNOW, BUT YOU COULD EXPLAIN WHY YOU DIDN'T TELL ME" She shouted, anger apparent in her face now.
"Well Kate, I didn't know I had to run every part of my personal life past you!" He sighed.
"You don't, I just thought…"

She ran off to the toilet. She needed some alone time. She wiped a tear from her face as she opened the door.

"Kate, I should have told you… I'm sorry I led you along like that" He shouted after her.

Kate opened the door to the nearest cubicle and sat on the seat she had placed down seconds before. She threw her head into her hands.

"Kate I'm sorry" Tony sighed as he walked into the women's toilets, not giving a damn. He just wanted to show Kate that he really did care about her. Much more than anything else in his life.

"Tony, what the hell! Kate, what's the matter?" Asked a bewildered abbey, stepping out of the cubicle next to Kate.

Abbey elbowed Tony in the ribs.
"What was that for?" He asked, rubbing the area she had just hit.
"For not telling her"
"You mean you knew?" Kate asked.
"I did, but I couldn't tell you, only Tony could. It wouldn't be fair!" She replied. " You really have no idea how much she meant, means whatever. Come on Kate2 She continued, holding her arm out as an invitation for Kate to come with her. "Come down to the lab, we can have a chat"

They disappeared of into the darkness shortly after leaving Tony in the most awkward situation he had ever been in. He just shook his head and left for home, not really wanting to face Melissa after this.


--- --- --- A week or so later --- --- --- -- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- ---


It had only been a few hours but already all the surveillance equipment microphones and speakers we operational and ready to go. Kate was feeling nervous at this stage. It was troubling her because it wasn't about the case. It was about Tony.

"Kate, where would you like the biggest of the clocks to go?" Asked McGee. He was dressed in a furniture removal company. The dungarees were about two sizes to small for him so it showed half of his legs.

"Um over there would be great!" She chuckled, seeing his outfit. Her eyes concentrated on the initials of the company. "H B?" She asked as she pointed to the near mantelpiece that hung over the beautiful wood burning fire. McGee just shrugged; he didn't actually know what it stood for either.

Kate sat down on the couch opposite the now blazing fire. She took her feet out of her boots and spread her toes. She took another sip from her coffee carton. She needed food but was too tired to eat anything. She would end up falling asleep in the process. She saw Tony cart in another three boxes, through the doorway and up into their bedroom. She smiled as she heard him dump them onto the bed.

"Kate can you come and help me with these?" He shouted down the stairs.
"Sure give me one second" She got up and signed the folder next to her and handed it to McGee as he left with the rest of the team. She had calmed down a lot and was more comfortable around Tony after the incident last week.
"So, why did you never tell me about Melissa" She demanded, thrusting a box over her head into the loft.

"The conversation didn't really seem appropriate" Tony replied
"Oh ok, so all the flirting never meant anything"

Tony by now was feeling very awkward with
End Notes:
Part two will be released shortly after so there will not be a long wait :D
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5593