Define Family by strebergeist
Summary: Gibbs wants nothing more than a family but how the hell should he get one?
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, Established relationship, First Time, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Homophobia
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 12053 Read: 41536 Published: 05/27/2006 Updated: 04/16/2007
Story Notes:
OK, I confess, I was inspired by other fics, but I just couldn't let this bunny go...
Thanx to eva and jon

JOIN NCIS ROLEPLAY!!!!!
http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/
garanty: case focused roleplay

1. Gibbs' desire by strebergeist

2. Abby' father by strebergeist

3. The reason why by strebergeist

4. car crash by strebergeist

5. Two daughters by strebergeist

6. Heavon for dead, hell for living by strebergeist

7. The problems of being a father by strebergeist

8. Who's the father? I am! by strebergeist

9. Answer to unasked questions by strebergeist

10. The Hearing by strebergeist

Gibbs' desire by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Gibbs wants nothing more than a family but how the hell should he get one?
Define Family


Gibbs sighed deeply and lay back the picture. It was of Kelly's fifth birthday, one of the happiest days of Gibbs' life but it was years ago. His girl was dead, his wife was gone, two more had followed and left, too.

He closed the box and put it back into the closet. It was a box he normally never opened, in a closet he didn't even looked at. The box contained things from Kelly. The closet from Kelly, Shannon and his second and third wife.

He shook his head over himself. Never he had understood why he still kept the things from his wives. It just wasn't his style, but he did it.

Somehow now he couldn't remember why exactly he had opened the closet, neither why he had opened the box but now tears were in his eyes and he hated himself to be so weak.

He hated his desperate wish for a family, the one that bastard had taken from him. The one he would never have. He wanted to be a father, a better one than his own father. He wanted to be a husband again. A good husband, a husband he was with his first wife until that one day.

And he wanted love. He wanted to love and to be loved. To feel home when he opens the door.

But he knew that wouldn't happen. Next week he would complete the fifth big O and he knew he would never have a child again.

For a wife, maybe if he was interested in women anymore. Maybe if he could trust them just a bit. But three marriages *had* effects.

Maybe if he could take his thoughts off this one man. This one man he wouldn't get. This one man he loved, really loved. This one Anthony DiNozzo.

Tony was more than just his second in command. More than just his backup. More than just a team mate. And he was that for some years.

The first time he really noticed it was when Tony lay in isolation. He couldn't deny that jealousy was killing him when he heard that Kate was there and he was outside and couldn't do anything.

He wanted to shoot somebody but there was noone, well, yes that woman who sent the letter but she would die soon and a brain tumor was more suffering than a bullet and it had filled Gibbs with grim satisfaction.

But in the last year Tony had made him worry sick. First the plague, then getting into hostage of contract assassins and last but not least, ending up in a cell framed for murder.

Tony was definitely a magnet for trouble. But the day Gibbs finally knew that Tony was the last and first person he loved in such an extent was the day on the roof. He heard the shot. He aimed for the roof the bullet had come from. And then he turned. He saw Kate lying on the floor, dead. And Tony had her blood on his face and all Gibbs could think was that it wasn't Tony's blood. That one time, only one time, it hadn't hit Tony. For once Tony got out of it unharmed.

And Gibbs hated himself to feel released. But what could he do? He griefed for her loss, he had his revenge, her revenge. He couldn't do anymore.

The only thing he wished to change was that Tony still wasn't his. He felt as if God had given him a second chance. Saying: I give you time with him, but only this time.

But to that day Gibbs hadn't changed anything. He knew with Tony he could have the closest thing to a family he would ever get but he just couldn't bring up the courage. It felt as if he wouldn't care for Kate's death and hadn't learned his lesson.

He didn't felt worthy to get what he desires most.
End Notes:
OK, I confess, I was inspired by other fics, but I just couldn't let this bunny go...
Thanx to eva and jon
Abby' father by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Abby is bored, really bored. That bored that she does something which could hange her life
„Hey Abs, whatcha doing?"

Tony asked when he entered her lab. It was the hell of a week. Not that they had a lot of work, a hard case or something, nothing of that. It was boring the shit out of them.

„What should I be doing? You know that I hadn't anything to test or exam in three days!"

She said a bit angry. That really got to her mood and even the regular Caff-Pow! didn't really light her up.

„I know, but there's something running."

He said and pointed at the monitor.

She looked caught and hesitated.

„Don't tell it anybody but I was so bored that I test my own DNA."

Tony frowned. Wow, she really must be bored.

„Ok, and what do you hope to find?"

„Nothing."

She said casual. Of course she didn't expect anything.

She walked over to her desk and set behind.

„Something particual why you came down?"

Tony still looked at the monitor when he answered.

„Nope, I'm just bored and you needed a drink, so I went this time. Ummm, Abs? You've got a match!"

She looked up from her magazin. Slowly she stood up and walked over.

„54 %? That couldn't be..."

She said absent but didn't click to get the file.

„What? What couldn't it be?"

Tony looked confused and waited for her to click.

„You know, I never told you but I'm adopted. So, this could be...one of my real family."

She said toneless and stared at the „54 % match" sign which blinked on her screen.

„Well, um, don't you wanna check it?"

He said confused and shocked.

She took a deep breath and clicked. Then her and Tony's eyes widened in surprise.

„That can't be true!"

„You think, what,...Abs, what could that mean?"

He asked afraid staring at the file of Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

„This could mean that Gibbs...Gibbs‘ my father."





„He can't be your father! I mean, you think,...how could that be possible? You grew up in New Orleans!"

„Tony, this is a 54 % match! Forensics don't lie!"

„I was busted for murder because of forensics!"

„But they weren't wrong! They were just placed! But this is my blood! Directly out of my veins into that machine! And this is a match to his DNA! He must be my father!"

„Who's your father?"

Gibbs voice came from the door and Abby immidiatly took the file off the monitor.

„Nobody."

She said innocently but Gibbs looked suspicious between her and Tony who had a confused, shocked and surprised expression.

Gibbs knew Abby was adopted and it would be certainly strange for her to find her father.

„Tony, could you leave me with Gibbs?"

She said low and Tony was more than glad to leave.

Gibbs waited until the doors had closed before he turned to Abby again.

„What is it?"

„You know, I was so bored that I ran my own blood through AVIS and now I got a match of 54 %. That only happens between relations, you know that."

„Yeah, so who is it?"

Abby sighed and turned to her computer. Gibbs‘ file showed again on the screen.

He looked confused at the file, then at her and back at the file.

„That can't be...I can't be...You're sure about that?"

Abby shrugged.

„I'm sure that this is a 54 % match to my blood. And as long as your not my brother you must be my father."

Gibbs didn't know what to say. Sure he felt for Abby like for a daughter but he never had only a single thought that he actually could be her father.

„I could do a paternity test. Just to be sure. Only if you want of course..."

She trailed of but even though her voice was low Gibbs thought he could hear hope in it.

„That's probably the best."

He said rather toneless.
End Notes:
Same as before.
The reason why by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony wants answers
Tony sat behind his desk wordless. He wouldn't tell McGee or Ziva, this was something personal, something between Gibbs and Abby and he could keep a secret if he wanted.

Somehow he couldn't explain this. He had seen Gibbs acting around kids and he knew that Gibbs had lost a daughter. Why should somebody like Gibbs give his daughter to adoption?

But maybe Gibbs hadn't give her to adoption. Shannon was his first wife but Abby was older so she must have been from one of his girlfriends, and as far as Tony knew was Gibbs alot like him before his marriages. Tony himself had recieved that call from one of his many girlfriends but he just couldn't think that Gibbs wouldn't accept such a child.

Gibbs would even marry that woman. No way he would give the child away. But maybe Gibbs never knew. Maybe that woman had never told Gibbs that she was pregnant.

Or maybe Abby wasn't even Gibbs daughter and all this was just some stupid mistake or joke and Gibbs was just Abby's accomplice.

But that would be a strange joke. Why should she tell him that Gibbs is her father on such a strange way when nobody could see his stupid face...

No, this surely wasn't a strange joke. This was real.





After work Tony waited until Gibbs had left and then drove to the other man's house. He needed to know and somehow he thought after all he had seen he had a right to know.

He knocked on the door but it opened before he had taken his hand down.

„You took long. Want a coffee? I've made some."

Gibbs said and already had turned to the kitchen. It took a moment or two until Tony could walk but eventually he followed him.

„You expected me?"

„You hadn't asked me anything or talked to me all day so I figured you would show up after work."

„How come you know that I didn't go to Abby?"

„She'd just found her possible father. You're not that insensitive. You‘re clever enough to know that it must be harder for her than for me."

Tony took a deep breath but Gibbs didn't continued his speech. He only places a cup of coffee for Tony on the table and then sat down with his own cup.

„So?"

Tony streched the word extremely when he sat down opposite his boss.

„So what? So, are you Abby's father? I don't know. She's running a paternity test. It'll be done tomorror, then we'll know for sure."

Tony nodded slowly and waited again.

„You think you could be her father? I mean is it possible that you knocked somebody..."

Gibbs shot him a look.

„I mean that one of your girlfriends became..."

Gibbs sighed. Tony was a good inverstigator and a good interrogator, he should have known that he wouldn't let him go with that answer. And right now he felt just like in interrogation.

„If you think I forced one of my girlfriends to give our child away or didn't accept the child you're wrong. As far as I know, I had only one child and she's dead. If you ask me if it's possible that one of my girlfriends had a child and never told me, yeah, that's possible."

Tony saw that he had offended Gibbs and regretted the question.

„How is it possible that you don't know?"

„You always stay in contact with all your exes?"

Gibbs asked sarcastical. He stood up and took out two glasses and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He sat down again and looked piercingly at Tony.

„You really want to hear the story?"

Tony met the glare. Could it be that hard ass Gibbs opened up to him? It certainly would be something he wanted for a very long time, among other thing he wanted from Gibbs.

Gibbs poured two glasses of Jack. He knew that soon he would need something stronger than coffee.

„I already counted back and I had only one girlfriend possible. She was my highschool girlfriend and she actually became pregnant."

„I thought you said you had only one child..."

„She lost it. In the fourth month. At least she said so. After that she left me and moved away. She said I'm remining her of her loss."

He took the glass and emptied it. He had heard that sentence twice.

„Now, I think she may hadn't left me because she'd lost the child but had given the child away because she'd left me."

Tony emptied his glass and Gibbs poured another round. Tony stared at the brown liquid. It must have been hard for Gibbs. More and more Tony thought he could see how Gibbs had become that bastard he was.

„Maybe she had left you because she didn't want the child. I mean how old were you, 18, 19?"

„17. And no, I don't think so. We had broken up before but she noticed that she was pregnant so we got back together. I wanted to marry her of course. I joined the Marine Corp and we got a small apartment near the base. I think she really wanted the child but just couldn't live with me. And she had to move and couldn't raise a child alone. At least that would be an explanation if Abby's my daughter, the only explanation."

„What could it be what makes it so unbearable to live with you?"

Gibbs emptied his glass again and Tony did it after him.

„There was a reason why we had broken up before."

Before the next question came he drained two more glasses with Tony. Jack wasn't exactly a drink you just drink in one sip so both Tony and Gibbs started to feel the alcohol. But that was exactly what Gibbs wanted. He wanted to ease up. He wanted to open up and he knew that he would only get this out with the help of his good old friend Jack.

„I still don't get it. What reason is that bad that she can't live with you just long enough to get married and get the child she actually wanted. If she'd left you then you would have paid."

„I would have been part of the child‘s life. I think she didn't want that. She, she'd been disgusted by me."

Now it was Tony who drank his glass first.

„Why was she disgusted by you?"

Tony couldn't think of anything that man could have done somebody could be disgusted of.

„She saw me in bed with a friend of us."

Tony frowned. Betrayel was something he didn't expect from Gibbs but it wasn't a reason to be disgusted.

„So, she caught you cheating. But that doesn't explain why she was-"

„It was a man, Tony. She caught me in bed with a man."

Tony's mouth fell open. He had expected a lot when he drove to Gibbs place. A kick in the ass and a yelled „none of your buisness" was one of them but certainly not a confession about a trip on the wild side.

„I think she could never look at me and doesn't think of it again. You know, homosexual love wasn't that accepted as it is today. And certainly not where I lived. I mean I'm not homosexual, I'm bisexual but that was my first experience, and I hadn't any in many years after that. It took me some time to accept it."

Now he had said it. It was all out, well, nearly all, all he would say tonight. But now he had to wait for Tony to react.

Tony looked for the right words to express his mind but when nothing came out of his thinking he decided to take another shot of whiskey.

„So, you've only been with this one man, in your life?"

Ohhh, good thing to start with, DiNozzo. Ask your boss about his sexual experiences.

But against expectation Gibbs answered.

„As I said, he was the last in many years. But after I had started to work for NCIS I let myself more into it. I had tried to deny it but in the Marines, well, let's say I knew about it but never lived after it. I had some men in my life, not very many but some."

Gibbs lowered his eyes on his drink. How could he do that? How could he tell Tony all that?

Tony could see the tension building in Gibbs. He wanted to give the other man a hint. A hint that a try to come together wouldn't be rejected. That he in fact was only waiting for Gibbs to make the first step and somehow he thought that was exactly what Gibbs was doing all the time from the moment he had opened the door.

„You know, the first time I was with a man it was so bad that I hadn't done it for two years."

Tony laughed nervously. Gibbs looked confused at him. Had Tony just said that he had sex with a man?

„You know he wasn't very sensitive. He had done it pretty hard and didn't took much time for preperation. It hurt for a week."

Tony waited for Gibbs to get the information down.

„And after that? You tried it again?"

„Yeah, sometime...I found this guy who did it good. He showed me that it can be actually better than with women and from that on I did it sometimes."

Gibbs swallowed. Tony had found „that guy". He hated that. He wished he would have been that guy.

„But it still was only now and then. Maybe one of ten, probably less."

He saw Gibbs eyes return to his drink and he knew he had to get more specific.

„But some time ago, I met that guy. I want him since the first time I saw him but I didn't thought I could get him. And that really bothered me, because I, and that, Gibbs, is for sure, get everything I want!"

Gibbs looked up and saw something in Tony's eyes he had never seen before. It seemed that there was a fire burning behind them.

He cleared his throat.

„So you think you can get him?"

Tony smiled a bit. It was a wicked smile and usually Gibbs wouldn't like it but now it turned him on as hell.

„You tell me. You think I can get him?"

Gibbs instinctively leant forward.

„You could try."

Tony leant forward too until their lips were only a hair breath apart.

„I think I can."

Tony said and brushed his lips softly over Gibbs‘.

Gibbs pulled away soon and Tony tried to read his expression. For the first time Gibbs wasn't wearing any mask but he still couldn't see what the other man was thinking. Gibbs seemed to be staring into thin air and Tony silently prayed he wouldn't change his mind. He had accepted the kiss and now there was no going back, not really. Now Tony couldn't just work with him knowing that there could be more.

Tony stood up and walked around the table. He stood besides Gibbs and looked down but the older man neither spoke nor looked up.

He gently touched his shoulder.

„Gibbs?"

He still didn't answer.

„Hey, Jethro!?"

He looked up at him and Tony noticed the passion in his eyes.

Gibbs grapped Tony's shirt and pulled him down into an aggressive kiss.

Tony tried to straight up because his back started to hurt but Gibbs didn't let go of his shirt so he sat on Gibbs‘ lap legs on either sides of his new lover.

„You just scared the shit out of me."

Tony said when they broke for air.

„Yeah? Why?"

„I thought you had changed your mind."

Gibbs pulled Tony's hips closer and the younger man could feel Gibbs' hard cock through the other man's pants and his own was pressing against Gibbs‘ lower belly.

„Never, Tony."

He said and they kissed again.

A lot of things were running through Tony's head. Somewhere deep inside he thanked Abby silently for testing her own DNA.

He had seen a new Gibbs, he had seen Leroy, somebody not even Ducky had seen and that was the reason why he would love him till his dying day.
End Notes:
same, same, same
car crash by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony jumps out of the bed, talking nonsense, nothing strange about it, yes, but this time somebody's hurt
Eventually they had moved to the bedroom. Eventually they would get naked and they would have sex, and then more sex and then, well, let's say it would be a long night. Tony had started to call him Jeth, but sometimes he called him Leroy, just because noone else did.

It was around 3 AM that Gibbs woke up. He sat up and saw Tony dress in a hurry.

„What ya doin‘?"

He asked sleepy and confused.

„Need to go to the hospital...."

„Hospital? Why? Did something happen?"

„Amanda, she had a car crash. Lil was in the car..."

„Amanda? Lil?"

Gibbs got up and tried to stop Tony who was running through the room like a whirlwind trying to find his cloths and throwing Gibbs‘ cloths over his shoulder.

„Trousers, shirt, one soc...second soc...shoes, where are my shoes...Where are my fucking shoes?"

„They're maybe downstairs...Tony calm down! Tell me what happened!"

„I already did! Amanda had a accidents. She's in the hospital with Lil! I need to get there!"

„Who's Amanda and who's Lil?"

But Tony was already out of the room. Gibbs dressed quickly and followed his lover. Who were those women he cared so much about?

When Gibbs got down the stairs Tony was already at the door. But he had stopped and looked as if he checked that he had everything.

Gibbs lay a hand on Tony's shoulder.

„I'll drive you there. You shouldn't drive now."

He said judging his lover's condition.

Tony nodded absently.

„They‘re in the hospital. My little girl‘s in the hospital."

He said and fell into Gibbs‘ arms. His little girl? What was this about? Gibbs wanted answers but he was sure he wouldn't get any before he had brought Tony to the hospital.






Tony was out of the car before Gibbs had really stopped. He quickly parked the car and ran after the younger man.

„Where are they Steve?"

Tony asked before he had approach the young man sitting in the waiting area.

„Amanda is in surgery. Lily is in a room but they won't let me to her and won't tell me how she is."

The man said. He seemed to be worried but Gibbs saw the look he gave Tony. There were hate and anger in it.

„Hey, you, um, white coat, there!"

Tony said and ran over to a doctor.

„I'm Anthony DiNozzo. I want to know how Lilian Robbins is?!"

Gibbs approached the man Tony had spoken to and stayed there. He waited for his lover to return.

He slowly came back and Steve stood up.

„She's quite ok. The doc said they'll check her over then I can get to her."

„What about me?"

Steve demanded and Gibbs immidiatly disliked him.

„You're not her legal guardian so you can't see her aslong she's in ICU."

„Fuck it! I lived two years with them! You only showed up now and then."

He said angrily. Tony glared at him just as angry.

„You think I liked it to see her only once or twice a month? You think I liked that? Huh?"

He had starded to push Steve towards the wall. Gibbs lay a hand on his shoulder and pulled him back.

„That's enough Tony. Calm down, that's not helping anybody."

Tony took a step aback and turn halfway to Gibbs. Their eyes met and Tony could feel some tension leaving his body.

„Who's that anyway? Your new Pussy?"

Steve said and Gibbs saw Tony's eyes darken but before he could stop him the younger man had already turned and his fist hit Steve's face hard. The other man collapse against the wall and put a hand on his cheek.

„You're a maniac! You disgusting ass fucker!"

„For me it's better to fuck asses than to fuck children!"

Gibbs looked confused between Tony and Steve.

„I didn't knew she was fifteen! You know that!"

Tony laughed hollow.

„Yeah, sure. What do you think why you're not Lil's gardian, huh? Amanda never really trusted you!"

Steve looked angry at him for a moment and then turned to leave.

Tony took a deep breath and sat down. He buried his face in his hand. He didn't knew how long he sat there like that before he felt Gibbs‘ hand on his shoulder.

„You wanna tell me?"

Tony took his hands down but didn't look at Gibbs.

„Lil is my daughter. She's five. Amanda and me, we were together in Baltimore. She had moved when you hired me so I could still see Lil."

„Why had you never told me?"

„Why had you never told me about Kelly?"

Gibbs looked at Tony but the younger man still didn't look up.

„That's different. Kelly's dead. But your daughter lives!"

Tony shrugged.

„Dunno. Guess I didn't want you to think I can't keep a family together. Or maybe I wanted to protect her. I thought if I never talk about her at the job she won't have to do with it. I know it's stupid...I just, I didn't want to get special treatment because I'm a father."

Gibbs sighed. He hadn't done a good job to show Tony that he was more than just a team mate, not only because he was in love with him, and he thought maybe he should show it to McGee and Ziva a bit more now.

„But they weren't at the hospital when you had the plague."

„They were. When you weren't there. Only Abby knows about them and she'd called them. It was my emergency plan."

„Abby knows Lil?"

„Yeah. She and Amanda became friends. When I started working here I thought they would like eachother. So I brought them together. Amanda didn't knew anybody here..."

A doctor came out of the room and asked Tony to follow him.

Ten minutes later Tony came out with Lil on his arms.

The little girl had long brown hair and Tony's green eyes.

„Lil? That's Jethro. Jeth, that's Lilian."

„Hey Lilian, how are you?"

„Fine, just headache."

The girl answered shyly and turned on Tony's arms to bury her face in his shoulder.

Tony smiled a small smile Gibbs had never seen before.

„Hey, hon. You sit here, I'll just talk with Jethro for a moment, ok?"

The girl nodded and Tony sat her on a chair.

„They say she's fine. She has some cuts and bruises but no broken bones or anything. She seemed to be really lucky."

Tony looked at his daughter and seemed to be lost in thoughts.

„What is it, Tony? That's good, isn't it?"

„It's about Amanda. It seemed that the other car had crashed into the driver's side. It doesn't look good, Gibbs."

Gibbs rubbed Tony's arm. More than anything he wanted to hug and kiss him but they were in public.

„What does that mean. What if she...if she dies. They won't give Lilian to that idiot, will they?"

Tony shook his head.

„Nah, I'll have her. She's my daughter and Amanda had set it in her last will. But Jeth, I'm not a full time dad. I'm a dad who comes around sometimes to have fun with his girl but not,..I was never there when it actually comes to education. I mean, I don't know how you raise a kid..."

„We'll make it, Tony. If it comes to that, I‘ll help you."

Tony seemed to relax a bit.

„Thank you, Jeth, I thought you...well, would maybe freak out."

Gibbs gave Tony a small head slap.

„There's only one of us freaking out, don't you think?"

Tony smiled shortly and nodded. They sat down and Tony took Lil on his lap and she fell asleep soon.
End Notes:
do I have to say it?
Two daughters by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Gibbs gets happy news, Tony not so happy
Gibbs stood up some time later. Tony had fallen asleep with his daughter on his lap. It was a perfect picture and it filled Gibbs with a warm feeling, a feeling he had really missed.

He streched and started to walk through the halls on his personal quest for coffee. He saw Steve sitting in the next hall and decided to go the other way.

Just when he found coffee his cell phone rang. A nurse immidiatly came to him and he showed her his badge and said it's probably urgent.

„Yeah, Gibbs?"

„Where are you?"

Abby's voice was high and she seemed to be nervous.

„I'm in the hospital, what is it, Abs?"

„The results are here. I wanted to wait for you! It's already eight AM! Wait, did you say you're in the hospital?"

Abby was babbling and stopped suddenly.

„Yeah, I had to bring Tony here, don't worry he's fine, it's Amanda. She had a car crash."

„What? What about Lil? Is she ok?"

„Yeah, she's fine. Listen, I'll see what I can do, maybe we can get over."

He hung up. Then he thought maybe he should stop to hang up on her if she's his daughter. Hell, this was all too wierd. Abby's maybe his daughter, Tony was his new lover, and Tony had a daughter. Sure he had wished he had a family but he hadn't thought he would have one in two days.

He reached the younger man and looked at him and his daughter for a moment.

„Hey, Tony. Tony, wake up."

„What's wrong?"

„Nothing. Abby called. She has the result."

Tony was bright awake.

„So, are you her father? C'mon! Spill it!"

„She wanted to wait for me. You think we can get over? We can tell the nurse to call us immidiatly, I flirted with her for coffee, I think she has a crush for me."

Gibbs smiled.

„Yeah, sounds good. I think Lil needs something to eat."

„Don't you mean you need something to eat."

Tony smiled and stood slowly up so he didn't wake his daughter.





40 minutes later Gibbs parked the car in the garage.

„Um, Jeth, don't you think it'll be strange when I walk in there with a five year old girl on my arms?"

„Sure, and I'm sure they'll ask questions. But..."

He checked that Lil was asleep.

„but if Lil will be living with you there's no way to hide it."

Tony nodded and opened the back door.

„Yeah, maybe it's better to tell them."



Gibbs and Tony entered the bullpen. McGee stood up but what ever he wanted to say it never came out. He stared at Tony with the little girl on his arms.

„I'll explain it later."

He said and went on to the other elevator which would bring them down to the lab.

„Daddy? Where are we going?"

Lil woke slowly up and was confused about the elevator.

„We're going to Abby. You wanna see Abby?"

The little girl laughed a bit.

„She's funny. Can she paint my nails again?"

Tony laughed and looked at Gibbs.

„Uhh, dunno, honey, Mummy wasn't too pleased with that."

She buried her face in his shoulder again.

„Lil went to a halloween party and Abby dressed her up as a goth. She had the best costume at the party but the black nail polish wasn't easy to remove."

He continued towards Gibbs.

The door opened and they entered the lab.

„Hey guys! Hey Lil! Sweety!"

Abby said and took the girl from Tony before he could say anything.

„She loves my daughter."

He said excusing when he saw Gibbs‘ look.

„Abs? Could we get the result?"

Gibbs said. He didn't want to hurry her but he knew that Tony wanted to be back at the hospital as fast as possible.

„Sure. Sweety, you wanna play with Bernie over there?"

She said and gave Lil the farting animal.

„Ok, so. Now I will open the envelope. You know that this can change our life. I mean, this is my past and maybe our future..."

„Abby!"

Both man said and Abby nodded.

She opened the letter.

„Dear Ms. Scuito,

babblebabblebabble...

The paternity of Mr. Leroy Jethro Gibbs to Ms. Abigail Scuito is with a probability of 99,9% proved."

Abby looked up at Gibbs.

„You are my father."

They stared at eachother for what seemed eternity and Tony thought he had to say something.

„Cool, I always wanted to be a stepmother."

He said and grinned.

Abby looked surprised at him and Gibbs slapped him over the head.

„You,...and he...you two...are you?...You're a couple?"

Gibbs snorted. He hadn't planned to let them know so fast.

„Yup, we are."

Tony said smiling brightly. Abby let out a cry and threw herself into their arms.

„That's so incredible! When, how, what happened?"

„Last night, it was so cool..."

They both started to babble about what had happened.

„Hey! Now that Abby is my daughter I don't think she needs to know *every* detail of that!"

Said Gibbs and brought them back to the main issue.

Abby just opened her mouth but Tony's cell phone rang.

„Yeah, DiNozzo?....Ok...Yes...Oh my...yeah...ok, we'll be there."

He hung up and took a deep breath before he turned to Gibbs.

„Amanda is out of surgery. The doc said she won't...she won't make it, Gibbs."

He said quietly. Gibbs looked over at Lil.

„You want her with you?"

Tony sighed.

„I don't know. Maybe it's good for her if she sees her mother one last time. Maybe it's not good. I don't know! What should I do?"

„Is Amanda awake?"

Abby looked sadly between the couple.

„Well, not yet, but the doc said she may wake up. She would probably want to see Lil again."

Gibbs nodded.

„Get Lil. I'll drive you there."

Tony went over to get his daughter.

„Abby, would you like to come over tonight? We could have dinner."

„Yeah, sure. Sounds good. Around eight?"

„Yeah, see ya later, Abs."

He said and he left with Tony.
End Notes:
Em, nothing new here...Feedback always welcome
Heavon for dead, hell for living by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony has to deal with the dead of Amanda and with her boyfriend
Gibbs drove back to the hospital. With a kid in the car he drove very calm, almost annoying calm.

„It's 65 here, you can drive that fast."

Tony said from the back seat. He was sitting next to Lil since he wanted to explain to her what will happen.

„Honey, you remember your grandma, Linda, right?"

„She's in heaven."

The girl answered sadly.

„Yeah, you see, we told you that old people have to go to heaven but sometimes even young people have to go."

„Why?"

Tony looked pleading at Gibbs.

„Because their time is up. You can understand that?"

Lil nodded and Tony braced himself for what he was about to say.

„You know, honey, your mummy has to go to heaven, too."

„Soon?"

„Very soon, yes. Listen, I know you‘re gonna miss her, I'm gonna miss her, too, and it's ok to cry. Just, do you want to see her and say good bye?"

Lil looked at him with big sad eyes.

„Why has Mummy to go?"

„I don't know, honey, I wish I could give you an answer but I don't know."

Lil looked at her hands for a moment.

„I wanna say bye."

Tony stroke over her head.

„But she's maybe sleeping. The way to heaven is very exhausting and she has to sleep, just like you when we went very early to Disney, remember?"

„Is heaven like Disney?"

Tony smile shortly.

„Maybe, but I know it's nice there, and no matter where your mummy is she'll always be there and look after you, ok?"

Lil nodded just when Gibbs parked the car.

They exited the car and Gibbs rubbed Tony's back.

„You did good."

He said calmly entering the building.





45 minutes later Tony exited the room and his face told Gibbs everything.

„I'm sorry, Tony. I'm sure she was a nice woman."

„Yeah, she was. I wished you would have met her. She really was lovely."

Steve came along the hall and Tony's face went dark immidiatly.

„Jeth, I don't want him near her now, he'll say something..."

Gibbs nodded and took Lil off Tony's arms.

„Shall we go to the car and wait there for your Daddy?"

Lil nodded and snuggled to Gibbs. Tony smiled. Gibbs had this gift that kids immidiatly felt at ease with him, strange that kids love him and adults are scared of him.

„Tony, is she..."

„Yeah, she woke up and said good bye to Lil, then she fell asleep."

Tony eyed Steve suspicious. The other man looked sad, sure his girlfriend had just died, but there was something else, something Tony couldn't put his finger on.

„What about Lily? Where is she?"

„Lil,"

Tony pronounced the nickname.

„is with my boss in the car. She'll come home with me, I already signed papers and the rest of the papers will be done soon."

„You'll get Lily?"

„Her name is Lil! Not Lily, and yes, I'll get her. I don't know if you remember but I'm her father!"

„And a great father you are."

Tony took a deep breath and surpressed the urge to shoot that man.

„I have to go, I'll talk to Lil and if she wants to see you I won't stand between it, but if not don't ever come near her!"

Tony turned on his heals and left the hospital. No matter what Steve wanted to say Tony would never hear it.

Gibbs was standing at the car, Lil lay sleeping on the back seat.

„I‘ll need to go to their place. Lil needs cloths and her...her bed, I don't even have a bed for my daughter, and then...I‘ll need..."

„Tony! Let's go to their place and get clothing. You two can stay at my place tonight. I have a bed for her.Everything else we can do later, it'll be easier when we've planed some things."

Tony nodded slowly.

„Kay, thanks Jeth. This is a hell."
End Notes:
Still the same, thanks for feedback, and please more
The problems of being a father by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony and Gibbs have to deal with their children
Tony gratefully took the coffee Gibbs handed him. Lil had fallen asleep before her head had hit the pillow in the spare room.

„Strange that she's sleeping. I thought she would be crying or something."

Gibbs said as he sat opposite Tony at the kitchen table. The younger man shook his head.

„It's her way to deal with stress. Other people don't get a eye shut and she sleeps through it. For the crying, that'll come. At the moment she doesn't understand what it means."

Gibbs looked into his cup. This was a completely new Tony. He had never seen the younger man so thoughtfull.

„Isn't Abby coming around tonight?"

Tony asked suddenly and Gibbs slapped himself. He had totally forgotten about his own daughter.

„We'll have to order something. I don't have time to cook now."

Tony smiled slightly.

„I think she'll understand that."

Gibbs stood up and took some menues of different restaurants.

„What does Lil like? Chinese? Pizza?"

„Pizza'll be good, I think. Hawai, her favourit. Take a big one, I'll share with her, she likes the big pieces."

Gibbs nodded. He kissed Tony on his cheek.

„We'll manage."

„Mummy!! MUMMY!"

Tony jumped from his seat to the spare room.

„Hey honey? What's wrong?"

Tony took his girl into his arms and she started to cry.

„Why had Mummy to go, Daddy?"

Tony kissed her brown hair.

„I don't know, honey. I don't know."

Gibbs stood in the door watching the little family. A few minutes later Lil wiped her tears away and looked at Gibbs.

„Are you Daddy's friend?"

„Em, yes, I am."

„Like Steve for Mummy?"

Tony stroke over her back.

„Yeah, honey. Kinda like that. Hey, Jethro had ordered Pizza and Abby's coming around, you like that?"

The little girl chuckled a bit again.

„Can I have a big Hawai?"

„Already on its way. And if you‘re nice Jethro might show you his boat."

Lil looked at Gibbs with big eyes.

„You have a boat?"

„I build one, in the basement."

„But how you get it out of there?"

Tony laughed a bit.

„That's a mystery he will think about when the time comes."

They were interrupted by Abby's yelling. Before either man could do something the little girl was out of bed and running to the door.

„Abby!"

„Like I said. The crying will come later."

Tony said and they went down the stairs.

Abby sat in the kitchen with Lil on her knees.

„Hey, guys. What's for dinner?"

She grinned and the two men reflected it.

„I ordered Pizza. I wanted to cook but..."

„It's fine, Gibbs. Today everything went crazy!"

She said and nodded. Tony saw the questions in her eyes so he wanted to give them time to talk.

„Hey hon, what about we going...em...up the stairs and we read?"

„I read before I go to bed, Daddy."

She said it as if Tony had turned nuts and everybody smiled.

„Yeah, but how about to change the routine just tonight? C'mon, hon. You can talk with Abby and Jethro later."

Tony took Lil's hand and they left the room.

„So, here we are now."

Abby said and nodded slowly.

„Yeah, here we are."

Gibbs repeated and they fell into an uncomfortable silence.

„Ok, I guess you have a lot of questions, so shoot!"

Gibbs said after what seemed hours. Abby sighed and tried to get the million of question to form a line so she could start with one.

„You knew about me? I mean, that you have a daughter somewhere?"

„No, I didn't. If I did, I would have never given you to adoption."

Abby nodded.

„You know who my mother was?"

„I'm sure about that, yes."

Abby raised her eyebrows. Gibbs nodded and thought about where to start.

„Ok, I had this high school girlfriend. Mary Ann Roberts."

„Mary Ann Roberts? My mother was a Mary Ann?"

Abby said unbelievingly and looking at Abby, it really was quite unbelievable.

„Yeah. She got pregnant, actually."

„But you said..."

Gibbs raised a hand to show her that he hadn't finished.

„We moved in together and I joined the Marines. When she was in the fourth month, I was in Boot Camp, she called me and told me that she had lost the baby."

Abby looked at the table.

„If she was my mother, hadn't you noticed that she still was pregnant?"

Gibbs shook his head.

„She said she couldn't stand living with me anymore and when I came home she was gone. I never heard of her since."

„So, you think she told you that she had lost, me, but didn't, moved, got me and gave me away? Why?"

Gibbs sighed. He had hoped that he could leave that part out.

„Before she noticed that she was pregnant we had broken up. She had, caught me."

„Caught you?"

„In bed with somebody."

Abby blinked a few times. Cheating wasn't what she'd expect from Gibbs, the most honorable man she knew.

„Ok, so...But then it could be that girl, too couldn't it?"

Gibbs didn't answer. Always the same question, he thought. But Abby knew what that silence meant.

„It wasn't a girl, right? It was a guy?!"

Gibbs nodded.

„She couldn't stand that. I can't even blame her for that. To find your boyfriend in bed with somebody else is hard enough, but if this somebody is male...I can't imagine how that feels."

Gibbs watched Abby for a few moments but couldn't quite read her expression.

„I'm sorry, Abby. If I had any idea...Well, I don't really know what I would have done but...If this helps you any, I'm really happy that *you* are my daughter."

Abby smiled.

„And I'm happy that you're my father."

„Good. And now you two can come back from there!"

Gibbs called and Tony showed in the door.

„Only me here. Lil's in her room waiting for Abby. The princess wants to change for the dinner."

The last sentence he said acting like a british buttler. Abby grinned and when she walked past him he bowed nearly to his toes.

Then he fell into the next chair.

„So, you had the touchy talk?"

„I never have touchy talk, and I certainly won't start to! But we had *a* talk. How's Lil doing?"

„Yeah, about that, she asked to sleep with us tonight."

„Us?"

„Yes, she asked to sleep with her daddy and Jethro."

„Well, I think we can arrange that."

Tony nodded and sighed.

„Welcome to the problems of being a father."

Gibbs said and kissed Tony quickly when the door bell announce the arrival of the pizza.
End Notes:
You know, I really run out of things to say...
Who's the father? I am! by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony and Gibbs don't get a chance to get used to their new family because their luck is threatened. Abby's got a whole different problem.
„Ok, honey. You go up and get dressed for bed. We'll be up soon, ok?"

Tony asked after dinner and Lil nodded. Then he turned to Abby.

„I don't want to throw you out but Lil wants to sleep with us tonight and it's already nine so she should get some sleep soon."

„That's fine, Tony. There's just something I wanna tell you, since you're my father."

She said and looked at Gibbs. He frowned and wondered what was coming now.

„You didn't only get a daughter today."

She said and Tony looked puzzled.

„No, I got two daughters."

Gibbs said and smiled at Tony but Abby shook her head.

„That's not what I meant. I meant...you're gonna be a grandfather."

Both Tony and Gibbs looked at her with big eyes. They changed a look.

„You're...you're pregnant?"

Abby nodded and Tony only stared at her.

„McGee?"

She nodded again.

„But he doesn't know. I'm nine weeks along. I'm sure I'm gonna show soon so I thought it's better if you know."

Suddenly Gibbs started to smile brightly.

„You know we're gonna help you with everything, Abby. You can always come to us."

He said and stood up. She hugged him tightly and then kissed him on the cheek.

„Thanks...Dad..."

She said and left. Gibbs looked stunned after her.

„Was quite a while since somebody called you that, huh?"

Tony said and wrapped his arms around him from behind.

„Yeah. Let's get to bed. Lil needs some sleep."








The night was long and more than once Lil woke up from a nightmare. They didn't get up till nine AM, very late for Gibbs. He took Lil to the next grocery store since he thought she'd like to go out of the house.

After not even an hour they came back. Tony was talking furiously on the phone.

„I don't care! Just get him on the damn phone!.......I'm the best paying....NO! I need to talk to him right NOW!!....Fu...."

„Tony!"

Gibbs said and put his hands over Lil's ears. She looked up at him then at Tony. The younger man looked at them and mentioned Gibbs to bring her upstairs.



„Yes...Ok, I'll be there....Thank you, Robert."

Tony said and hung up. Gibbs looked asking at him.

„I needed to talk to my lawyer. I have an appointment at two PM tomorrow."

„And why? I'm sure it's not about a ticket you got. You were really pissed."

„I have every reason to be!"

Tony said his voice getting angrier again.

„Tony, relax."

„Relax? How can I relax? Steve's trying to take my baby away from me!"

„What?"

„There! It's a date for a hearing! He said I'm not capable to raise her!"

He said and gave Gibbs the letter from the court. He stared at the letter and then at Tony.

„How can he do that? I mean, you're her father!"

„I know! I don't understand it! I have no idea why they did the hearing! He wasn't even her guardian!"

Tony cell rang and he answered annoyed.

„DiNozzo?...Oh..yeah...No, I'm not at home. No...I'll give you the adress."

Five minutes later he hung up and looked at Gibbs.

„That was...Ms. Lime, she's from child service. She wanted to check my place."

Gibbs looked blankly at him.

„She wanted to make sure it's...good for Lil. She's coming over."

„Where did she have your cell phone number from?"

„It seems that she had called at the office. And landed with Director Sheppard. And Madame Director, as lovely as always, didn't hesitate to give her my mobile number."

Gibbs buried his face in his hands.

„Ok, that was...very nice indeed. Anyway, anything in here that we'd have to get away before she turns up?"

„How about the man I live together with? Homosexuality is...difficult, Jethro."

„Who said you're living with me? You're just staying around until you managed everything...does that sound better?"

Tony paced the kitchen up and down.

„No...I'll stand up for who I am...I'm good for my daughter and you are, too. Steve..."

The doorbell rang and Gibbs quickly gave Tony a peck on the lips before he opened.

„Mr. DiNozzo?"

The woman in front of him asked and gave him a once over.

„Em, no, Ma'am. I'm Jethro Gibbs...that's Tony DiNozzo."

He stepped aside and Ms. Lime shook hands with Tony.

„I hope my visit isn't inconvenient?"

„No, Ms. Lime, just unexpected."

Seeing her now Tony and Gibbs had a quite good feeling. She was around Tony's age and was smiling nicely at both of them.

„Ok, so, before I take a look around I'd like to talk a bit to you."

„Sure, care for some coffee?"

Tony said leading into the kitchen.

„Yes, please. Well, Mr. DiNozzo, I know this comes all quite quickly, it's been only a few days since Ms. Robbins passed, my sympathies, by the way."

„Thank you, and yeah, it all quite crashed over me. But I think I managed quite well."

„So, you and, em, Mr. Gibbs, you live together here?"

„Em...yes, we are."

She nodded and noted something on her pad.

„Ok, don't get me wrong. I don't have a problem with homosexual partnership and I know that that can be just as good for a child as a „normal" relationship",

She made quotation marks in the air.

„But a lot of people think different. I understand you've got a date for a hearing?"

„Yeah."

„Who's your judge?"

Tony frowned and took the letter.

„Judge Daniels."

„You seem very lucky. She's a really nice and fair judge. Ok...could I take a look around?"

„Sure, just...like you said, it's been only a few days so...we hadn't had time to do much around the house."

Tony said and Gibbs immidiatly jumped in.

„We were thinking of renovate the spare room for Lil. Making it more approbriate for a child. Right now it's just....a spare room."

„Oh, don't worry. We don't expect this to be a child's paradise. Just show me around."





Going through the house Nicole, Ms. Lime later asked them to call her Nicole, had only a few things they would have to change. Mainly it was that Gibbs would have to get a lock for the basement. Moreover Nicole told them they should call her if there ever was a problem with Child Service.

„Just how do you manage it to charm people even when you tell them that you're with a man?"

Tony shrugged and grinned.

„I think you were a big help. Thanks."

„No problem. Wouldn't want Lil with that guy...talking about that guy. You said something at the hospital...he really had a sexual relationship with a fifteen year old?"

„Yeah...he claimed that he didn't know, she didn't say anything at all. Verdict was not guilty but for me not guilty doesn't mean innocent."

„You think he knew?"

„It doesn't matter. I saw the girl, even if she didn't tell him that she's fifteen, she didn't look older than 18. He knew what he was doing and I'd rather give Lil to a child's home than to that bastard."

There was heavy knocking on the door. Frowning deeply they both went to answer.

„McGee will freak!"

Abby stood in the door and both noticed that she had been crying but neither mentioned it.

„What's the matter, Abs?"

She went into the living room and sat on the couch. Tony and Gibbs took position on both sides of her.

„I was at the doctor...and he...he said...it's gonna be twins."

Tony mouth gaped open and Gibbs gave him a glare.

„Ok, listen, what ever happens, this door is always open to you...although it will be locked from now on."

„Thanks, but...what do I do with McGee? I'm starting to show and I'll have to tell him sooner or later."

„When Amanda told me, I was...to be honest I thought I was falling down a cliff."

Abby buried her face in her hands.

„But then I thought about it and I realized that having a child was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Lil is my life now and I never regretted a single moment. I was there for the birth and all the classes before. When Lil had the chicken-pox I sat at her bed with Amanda and kept her from scratching. And McGee is more grown-up than I was. And he really cares for you. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed you."

„Don't make it worse!"

Abby suddenly said laughing. She hugged them both tightly.

„Thanks, guys. You'll make a great job with Lil."

„You could tell that the judge."

Gibbs said and Abby stopped smiling.

„The judge?"

„Steve, Amanda's boyfriend wants custody for Lil. It's a long story."

Abby nodded. That night they ordered chinese and stayed in the living room talking until late at night. Abby stayed on the couch and in the morning Tony and Gibbs were witnesses of her first morning sickness.
End Notes:
Wow, half a year, but finally, I found my way out of inspirational darkness and here it is. Hopefully it won't take this long for the next chapter. Not betaed and thanks for the pushing feedback. More of it, please!

JOIN NCIS ROLEPLAY
http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/
Answer to unasked questions by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony and Gibbs give Tony's lawyer a visit. And the team comes over for dinner.
The next day Tony sat stiff in the waiting room of his lawyer. Gibbs was sitting next to him but even his relaxed-seeming presence couldn’t calm him down. Of course, Gibbs was not relaxed at all. Sure, he barely knew the girl but here was his chance of a family, his last chance, and he wouldn’t let anybody take him that away. Not without a fight. The secretary finally asked them inside and Tony shook hands with the tall good-looking man in a dark, and probably expensive, suit.

„Jethro, that’s Robert. He was in Ohio with me. Rob, that’s Jethro Gibbs, my life partner.“

„Ok, please sit down. I expected this situation when you called me.“

„You mean you expected Tony to be with a man?“

Gibbs asked frowning. He wasn’t quite sure what exactly they had been at college and he couldn’t help but be slightly jealous.

„Well, yeah, I know Tony pretty good, Jethro.“

Screw the slightly, Gibbs thought.

„Well, what seems to be the problem?“

„You know, Amanda died a few days ago. Of course I got Lil now.“

„Usual procedure.“

„Yeah, but Steve Andrews, Amanda’s boyfriend has another oppinion. He wants the custody.“

„He’s been Lil’s guardian?“

Gibbs‘ gaze wandered through the room and he noticed that everything in here was a good deal bigger, more expensive, than at his lawyer.

„No. He wasn’t even on the list to pick her up from kindergarten. That’s what I don’t get! How can he manage it to even get a hearing?“

Robert shifted in his chair.

„Well, does he know about the two of you? He could say that you, your relationship, that it’s not a good envirement for a child. He could say that Lil is used to live with him. I don’t really know yet, but I’ll find out. When‘s the hearing?“

„A week from now.“

„Ok, I’ll get everything there is to this case and I’ll call you for an appointment... Isn’t that the Steve...“

„Yup, that’s him.“

A nasty grin shot over Robert’s face.

„Tony, we’ll not only get you full custody, we’ll also get an restraining order through, if that’s what you want. That guy is dead meat.“

„Good to hear that, Robert. See you soon.“













„So, he knows you pretty good?“

Gibbs asked on their way to the car.

„We’ve been dating, happy now?“

„No, but he seems like a good lawyer. You really want to go for that restraining order?“

„First I want the custody. Then we can think about that...Jethro? We’ve got to get to work tomorrow.“

„Yeah, so?“

Tony waited to get into the car but doesn’t turn on the engine.

„Tony?“

„You think I should tell them? I mean, Lil’s living with me now...and the next weeks will be stressful for both of us.“

„Then tell them...you don’t know how, right?“

Tony shifted in the driver seat.

„What?“

„Actually, listen. To tell them that I’m a father will be big shock, right? But if they see my little girl...“

„So you want to take Lil to the office?“

„Em...“

„Tony...what did you do?“

„I told Abby to get them all a call-in. For dinner. Tonight.“

„At my place? Tony! Did you think that through? We’ll have to tell them why you’re living at my place aswell!“

„Jethro! We’re going to court! It could be that you all have to say what a great father I am. They would find out sooner or later. And it’s the team!“

Gibbs looked out of the window. Tony gently touched his arm.

„You want to have a family with me, right? Well, news flash, we already are. Lil will be your daughter just as much as mine and Abby is your daughter and like a sister to me. And she’ll be the mother of McGee’s children. You really want to leave Ziva and Ducky, your best friend, out of the loop?“

„If you say it like that...you’re right. I’ve handled my life too long like a classified file. McGee will know anyway and Ducky has the right to know. I’ve damaged our friendship enough. And Ziva won’t hurt.“

„Exactly. That way we’re all happy.“












There was barely a sound in the house. The faint noise of a video game came from the living room but they were oblivious to that. Tony sat tensed at the kitchen table and Gibbs basically paced the small room and looked occasionally into the different pans.

„Are you actually cooking or are you trying to kill time?“

„Bit of both, I guess. You should tell Lil to go up and get dressed.“

„She wants to get dressed by Abby. They already are like sisters...hey, am I Abby’s stepdad now? Can I give her arrest?“

„Don’t think so. But she might ask you for pocket money.“

„Haha, very funny.“

He kissed Gibbs just as they heard rumbling in front of the door.

„That has to be Abby. She can’t get used to it that it’s locked now.“

Tony grinned and went to open. Immidiatly she had a small girl hanging on her and they vanished into the spare room. It didn’t took more than ten minutes before Ducky arrived.

„The door is locked? Now I’m shocked. Good evening, Anthony.“

„Hi, Ducky. C’mon in.“

„Wow!“

Ducky said once in the living room. Tony thought he was talking about the nice decorated table but his gaze was on the TV set.

„That hasn’t been here at my last visit.“

„No..em...Ducky, sit down. The other’s should be here soon.“



Fifteen minutes later they all, minus Abby, sat at the table.

„Ok, where to start. Of course you’re all here for a reason and we do have some big news to break over you.“

Gibbs started and Abby walked then in.

„Just get it out.“

Abby pushed and shifted from one food to the other looking at the salad on the table.

„Ok...Em...first. Tony and I...we live together.“

Mouths around the table fell open.

„Second. As we recently found out, I’m Abby’s biological father.“

Mouths fell deeper.

„And I have a five year old daughter.“

Tony continued.

„Her mother died a few days ago and I’ll have to fight in court for the custody.“

„And I’m pregnant.“

All eyes turned to Abby. Even Tony and Gibbs looked shocked at her. But not as shocked as McGee.

„Pregnant?“

He squeeked.

„Yup. Twins. Can we start eating now?“

She sat down and reached for the salad but Gibbs softly whacked her hand.

„Isn’t someone missing?“

„Oh, right. LIL!“

The little female copy of Tony showed in the door and looked just adorable in a cute light pink dress. Tony went over and picked her up. Pecking her on the cheek he went to the table.

„Lil, these are my friends. Tim, Ziva and Ducky. Guys, that‘s Lilian, we call her Lil.“

„Hi.“

She said low and they all smiled at her. Tony sat her down and they started eating. Around half past eight Abby brought her to bed, half a hour later than usually, and that half a hour she had spent arguing with Tony about being up longer.

„You said you’ve got to fight for custody?“

McGee asked and Tony was happy he waited to bring it up until Lil was in bed.

„Yeah. The boyfriend of her mother wants it. But my lawyer doesn’t think he has a chance. I’m her father, I have a good job, there’s no reason to not give me custody.“

„What about, well, you know...“

„The person from Child Service doesn’t think that’ll be a problem.“

Gibbs said slightly grumpy and Tony touched his forearm.





Some time later Ducky and Ziva left but Abby vehemently didn’t want to leave.

„Abs, it’s nearly 1 am.“

„So? Why don’t we play a game?“

McGee threw Tony a nervous glance.

„Abby, I think Tim wants to ask you something.“

„What, Timmy?“

McGee looked nervous from Tony to Gibbs.

„Hey, Jethro, let’s start the dishes.“

„We can do that tomorrow.“

„C’mon, I know you hate that.“

„No, I don’t...oh, yeah...“

They left the room and Tony cuffed his arm hard enough to make him yelp.

„Abby...the...babies...are they...mine?“

„Yup.“

He took a deep breath.

„So, where do we go from here?“

She raised her eyebrows in a silent question.

„Ok, I’ll be more specific. I want to be together with you, Abby. Even without you being pregnant that’s what I wanted. And now...don’t you think we could at least try to be a family?“

„I won’t marry you just because I’m pregnant.“

„I didn’t ask, did I?“

„What are you doing, Tony?“

Gibbs said when he saw Tony at the door to the living room.

„Shhhh! I’m listening.“

„Don’t do that.“

„Why not? I’ve got to see that my stepdaughter is ok.“

„First: Stop refering to Abby as your stepdaughter. Second: Stop eavesdropping on my daughter. And third: You harassed me to do the dishes so come and help! You know I hate doing dishes!“

Grumbling annoyed Tony made to follow him when the door opened and Abby hugged him and then Gibbs.

„What’s up?“

„We decided to give it a try to be a family.“

She said beaming at them both. Tony clapped McGee on the shoulder.

„If you hurt my little girl, my husband knows hundred and one ways to kill you with bare hands.“

„I’ll remember that, Tony.“

McGee said grinning but Gibbs whacked them both over the head.

„Tony, fourth, don’t call me your husband, at least not yet.“

„Well, what should I call you? Boyfriend? Lover? Soul mate?“

„How about Jethro?“

„Can live with that.“

Gibbs nodded slowly and then turned to McGee, who turned slightly pale.

„First, congratulations, Tim. This house is now just as open to you as to Abby. And second,...Tony wasn’t right. I don’t know a hundred and one ways to kill you with my bare hands. I know one hundred and two and I won’t leave traces that not even Abby could prove me.“

„Got it, boss.“

McGee said swallowing hard.
End Notes:
Not betaed, nothing you know is mine. If you find mistakes, feel free to keep them. Feedback as usually appreciated.
The Hearing by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Title says it all
A few days later Tony stood in front of the court room. Gibbs stepped up to him and looked at him, then at the door, then back at Tony.

„I’ve been in there before. In this room. I’ve sitten there and that lawyer grilled me over the way I lead the investigation. It was when you were in Mexico. He made me think I did everything wrong. It took me a lot of will to not agree that I made mistakes.“

He looked at his older lover.

„What if this is going to be like that?“

„Tony, it’s a hearing, not a trial. You won’t have to face a lawyer. Not now anyway. Just keep your temper towards Steve.“

Tony nodded curtly and then entered the room.



Some minutes later the judge entered and they stood up. Judge Daniels was not older than Gibbs and she smiled at Tony, what reassured him. Robert sat next to Gibbs as they waited.

„Ok, the case Andrews against DiNozzo. Mr. Andrew, you are requesting the custory for Lilian Robbins, is that correct?“

„Yes, Ma’am.“

„And you, Mr. DiNozzo, are the biological father of Lilian?“

„Yes, Ma’am.“

Tony said and nodded. He tried to surpress the nervous feeling in his stomach but there was nothing he could do.

„I viewed the file and I can’t see any of those reasonable doupts, that you, Mr. Andrews, based your request on, that Mr. DiNozzo is not capable of raising the girl. He is the biological father and had shared custody with the mother. His alomony checks were always on time and he has a well payed job which he maintained for five years now. Which are those reasonable doupts, Mr. Andrews?“

Tony’s heart felt a bit easier after this. Apparently the judge was on his side but he knew what reason Steve would bring now.

„Lilian is used to live with me and not with him and his lover.“

The judge raised an eyebrow.

„His lover?“

„Yes, Ma’am. Leroy Jethro Gibbs.“

Tony said just to take it away from Steve. He didn’t want to let it seem as if he was hiding anything.

„He is here, if you want to talk to him.“

„So, Mr. Andrews, your argument is that Mr. DiNozzo is in a relationship with a man?“

„It’s nothing serious, I’m sure. Tony...Mr. DiNozzo isn’t the kind of man who has serious relationships.“

„That’s not true! Ma’am, I did have serious relationships before. I was in one with Lilians mother, but it didn’t work out. And my relationship with Jethro is a serious relationship. We know eachother for five years, as long as I worked for NCIS and we took time before we started. You see, he’s my supervisor. We wouldn’t risk our careers for just a fling. I love Jethro and I know that he loves me. And Lil likes him. When Amanda died everything crashed down on me. I had to take Lil all of a sudden and he just shrugged his shoulder and told me to live in his house with him and Lil. He accepted the fact that I’m responsible for a five year old girl that easily. She’s happy with us and in the two weeks she’s living with us she has barely mentioned Steve.“

The judge patiently waited for Tony to stop and he did when he noticed that he was babbling. Gibbs changed a look with Robert.

„You know, I would like to have a word with your partner. What was the name?“

„Leroy Jethro Gibbs.“

Gibbs said as he stood and walked up to Tony.

„Mr. Gibbs, how long are you and Mr. DiNozzo living together.“

„Well, actually, just over two weeks. But as Tony said we know eachother for five and I know that nothing can tear me away from this man and his daughter except Tony wanted me to go.“

She noted something and then looked at him again.

„Anything else before I make my decision?“

„Yes, Ma’am...they don’t know how to raise a child. I lived with Amanda for two years. I know how to deal with Lilian.“

Steve said but Gibbs held up his hand.

„Wait...I do know how to raise a child. I had a daughter once. She...she died when she was eight. Therefore I know very well how to deal with a five year old.“

The judge nodded and made another note.

„Ok, I decide against the request of Mr. Steve Andrew to have custody for Lilian Robbins. You can try and ask for visitation right but given that you haven’t even been her legal guardian I don’t think that will get through either. For you, Mr. DiNozzo and Mr. Gibbs, I wish you luck with the girl and hope I won’t see you here again.“

Tony and Gibbs smiled at eachother as the judge stood and left the room. Steve was out just as quickly and Tony was happy about it. Never in his life he wanted to see that guy again. Robert met them and shook hands with Tony and then Gibbs.

„Congratulations, Tony. And Jethro, your daughter definitely was a bonus. But I’m sorry to hear that you lost a child. I know how much that hurts. My son died when he was two. It ended my marriage.“

Gibbs nodded not able to give the sympathies back. It had been difficult enough to mention Kelly. He felt Tony’s hand on the small of his back and forced himself to smile.

„Let’s go home.“

Tony said but it was merely more than a whisper. Gibbs nodded and was relieved that it had been that easy.
End Notes:
Still the same. I hope I won't take that long to update.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5634