The worse the start the better the end by strebergeist
Summary: Tony grew up with the knowledge about the risks of male pregnancies and he surely doesn't want to take that risk
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, First Time, Hurt/Comfort, PWP - Plot, What Plot? , Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Dark story, Disturbing imaginery, Domestic abuse, Mpreg, Partner betrayal
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 9620 Read: 41894 Published: 03/11/2007 Updated: 07/06/2006
Story Notes:
Thanks to Jon for inspiration, thanks to Eva for continuing help.

JOIN NCIS ROLEPLAY!!!!!
http://nciscrimes.proboards103.com/
garanty: case focused roleplay

1. The worse the start the better the end by strebergeist

2. He likes me, he doesn't like me by strebergeist

3. When the worst happens... by strebergeist

4. Keep out by strebergeist

5. Leaving behind by strebergeist

6. All or nothing by strebergeist

7. a perfect, little wierd, story book happy ending. by strebergeist

The worse the start the better the end by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony grew up with the knowledge about the risks of male pregnancies and he surely doesn't want to take that risk
When Tony opened the newspaper he didn't expect anything else than that headline.

„Yet another father died in labor, Politician discuss about laws to restrict male pregnancies."

Tony shook his head. In the last two years there was nearly every week, later nearly every day a report about pregnant men in the newspaper. First in europe, later in the US. All of those men were young, around twenty and the specialists said that only men born later than 1965 are jeopardized.

Jeopardized, Tony hated it that they called it that. Until now none of them had survived labour, neither their children but still, noone ever said women are jeopardized to get pregnant, so why men?

Tony was only 16 but yet he knew that he could only love men. He had tried it with girls but it didn't give him what he looked for. And to be honest, to be in the group of „jeopardized" men scared Tony.

Specialist figured that it was a mutation starting in the middle to the late sixties, by the way, mutation Tony hated even more, and when asked why it happens now they say that those men born in that time are now sexual mature. Of course, nobody really tried to find an explanation for that mutation which only happened in the civilist cultures.

Tony returned to the article at hand.

„Politician of the Conservatives demand laws to restrict same sex sexual intercourse as a matter of national security.

„We have to save those people from themselves!"

Andrew Dent, a speaker or the Conservative Party, claimed yesterday."

„Anthony!"

Tony shut the newspaper quickly and took his backbag, his father would kill him if he knew he read that.







16 years later.


Tony read the instructions of the pills.

„Take one every day at the same time. Can course nausea, headache, dizziness, stomach spasms..."

„Hell!"

Tony said as he read al the side effects.

„I thought this should make it easier!"

He thought for a moment before he swallowed the first bith control pill of his life.

In the past sixteen years the medicin had made much progress. Only 20 % of male pregnancies were dead born anymore and only 15 % of the fathers died in labor. But still it was a great risk.

Two years ago they found out how to do male abortions and yet it has nearly as many opponents as female abortion.

One year ago homosexual marriages were legitimated, well, it was called marriage-like partnership, but it was just a name.

And five months ago the first birth control pills for man came out.

„Hey, honey!"

Tony's boyfriend walked into the kitchen and gave Tony a qick peck on the cheek.

„Hey, here are your pills."

„Em, you know, I think I'll start tomorrow. I'm not feeling that well."

„Steve! We agreed on both taking those pills!"

„Yeah, Tony, but as I said, I'm not feeling well."

„What if you don't feel well once you started? You can't just take it when ever you want."

„I know that honey, but hence that most of the time you bottom anyway."

Tony didn't knew what to say on that last remark. He just stood there with his mouth open.

„Sorry, Tony. I didn't mean it to sound like that. I have to go, see you tonight."

Again he kissed Tony shortly on the cheek and vanished.




A month later another kitchen a few miles away.

„I can't believe I thought you could have changed, Jethro! I really was stupid enough to the same mistake again!"

Jen Sheppard walk through the house gathering her things and yelling. Gibbs said relaxed in the kitchen and sipped his coffee.

„Yeah, you're right."

„I can't believe it! Don't you have anything to say, Jethro?"

Gibbs shrugged.

„Bye?"

Jen looked extremely furious but turned and left without a word. Gibbs grinned as the door fell close. He nodded and got on the porch. He light himself a cigaret and waved Jen good bye smiling brightly.

„Yep, I could care less."

He said and took a drag on his cigaret. Hell, he had missed that. Years of women had get him away from it and now they were all gone. His officially last try with a woman was now driving down his driveway.He wouldn't start smoking again, no, this cigaret was just proof for his victory. He had once more proved that he wasn't made for women and he had won twenty bucks from Abby.

He hadn't tried to get rid of her, he actually would say that he tried to get along with her, but it, as always, just didn't work. Maybe it would have help if he could have stay with his thoughts in the bed he had lain but strangely his thoughts always wandered off somewhere else, to somebody else, to Tony. God yes, Gibbs yearned for every bit of Anthony DiNozzo's body. He wanted to kiss those full lips, mark that long neck, twitch the pink nipples and let his hands run through the soft hair on his chest. He wanted to suck the wonderful dick of Anthony DiNozzo and he wanted to bury himself deep into him, and he wanted to fell him in himself.

He took the last drag and snapped the cigaret into the wet grass.

„Maybe, Gibbs, your time has come."



That evening the team was invited over to Tony's place. He had announced that he would introduce them to his life partner. You could think that it made Gibbs nervous, life partner sounds serious, but Gibbs didn't gave much to it. Tony had often called girl the love of his life, of course did Gibbs not know that that was only a show Tony played for the outside world.

At 7 PM they all sat in Tony's dinning room. Against expectation Tony's new house was quite big and pretty clean.

„Well, Anthony, where is this mysterious person you talked about?"

Ducky said after they had all settled.

„Well, I first want to tell you something. I know for the last years I made the expression to be a straight arrow but in fact I'm nothing of that. In fact I had only sex with one woman in my life. And well, my life partner is male."

There was a sudden silence in the room. Everybody seemed shocked, well everybody except Gibbs. Gibbs tried to hide the smile spreading over his face like McGee tried to hide his wide open mouth.

„I can understand that this is big news for you, but I want you to know that I'm still the same person, I mean, I always was like that."

„Gay?"

Abby asked and Tony nodded. There was a low knock on the door and Tony stood up.

„Excuse me for a moment."

A few moments later Tony returned with a good locking blond man. He was about as tall as Tony and around the same age.

„People, that's Steve. Steve, that's Abby, McGee, Ziva, Ducky and my boss, Gibbs."

„Hello, Steve, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Ducky said with a big smile.

„Hi, guys."

Steve said and tried to avoid Gibbs‘ glare.



„Well, Steve, what are you doing?"

Abby asked when they started dinner.

„I'm an investment banker."

Gibbs snorted and did as if he had sneezed.

„Bless ya."

Abby said not spending attention but Tony looked confused at Gibbs for a moment, but the older man seemed to be lost in his salad so Tony returned his attention to Steve and Abby.



Steve tapped his fork against his glass. Everybody turned their attention to him.

„Ok, now that I‘ve met all of you there's something I want to do."

He turned to Tony and took out a small velvet box. Tony looked at box in shock then at Steve.

„Tony, we're together for six months now and I don't want it to end ever. Will you marry me?"

He opened the box and in it was a simple gold ring. Tony took his hand in front of his mouth.

„marry, marry, marry, marry."

The words just chorused again and again in his head.

„Tony?"

Tony looked at Steve again. Then he realized that all his friends were sitting in the room. He couldn't say no. He had just announced that Steve was his life partner.

„Yes!?"

Tony said a bit shaky and tried to smile.

„Yes!"

He said again this time more convinced himself. Steve smiled brightly and kissed him before he slipped the ring on his finger. Everybody in the room applauded. Everybody except Gibbs. He just stared at the young couple and saw his last chance of happiness fading away.


„I'm very happy for you, Tony! He's a nice guy!"

Abby said and kissed him on the cheek when she and McGee left.

„Congrats, Tony."

„Yeah, congratulations."

Ziva added.

„Thanks,guys. See you all monday."

„Well, Anthony, I wish you two all the best."

Ducky said and Tony pulled the ME into a quick hug.

„Thank you very much, Ducky. That all means a lot to me."

The older man had vanished and there was only Gibbs left.

Tony took a deep breath and looked at Steve. The other man took the hint and left them alone.

„Tony."

„Boss."

Gibbs held out his hand. Tony took it and they did the first hand shake since they knew eachother.

„I hope I'll get an invitation."

Tony grinned.

„I hope you'll come!"

Gibbs smirked.

„Tony..."

He stopped. He wanted to say, „don't marry him". He wanted to say „I love you" but nothing left his lips.

„...See you monday."

„Yeah, bye, boss."

Gibbs took his hand, which was still in Tony's, back and left the house.
End Notes:
Thanks to Jon for inspiration, thanks to Eva for continuing help.
He likes me, he doesn't like me by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
People wonder if the other likes them or not...
„He doesn't like me."

Steve said when they put all the dished in the dish washer.

„No, he's just, well, Gibbs."

„And that means?"

„Listen, I told them that I'm gay today. It was surely a shock for all of them. And Gibbs is, well, second b for bastard."

Tony chuckled a bit.

„What?"

„He said once the second b in Gibbs stands for bastard, and it's true. He is a bastard."

„So, why do you care so much for him."

„I don't!"

Tony answered quickly. Steve looked at him.

„I just,- He's my boss and a friend. The team is like family to me."

Steve nodded and Tony sighed.

„What about getting in bed?"

Steve said.

„I'm not tired."

„Who said anything about sleeping?"







„You don't like him."

Ducky said as he gave Gibbs a ride home.

„What? No, I do like him. I love him. I want to marry him, too."

Gibbs said sarcastical.

„You didn't have to show it to him that plainly. The boy just had his outing!"

„I didn't meant to hurt Tony. But c'mon, Duck, Tony and an investment banker? That doesn't fit. That is as if Tony marries his father."

„Love's blind, Jethro. It doesn't care for gender or profession."

Ducky chuckled over his own joke but Gibbs remained silent.

„Come on, Jethro. What is it?"

„I just think a dinner with friends is not the right occasion to do a proposal."

„Oh, the specialist speaks."

Gibbs shot his friend a look.

„I mean, Tony had no real choice. Think about how embarressing it would have been for both of them if he'd said no. Even „I need time to think" would have been embarressing."

„Well, I guess, you're quite right, Jethro. But still, it seemed that Tony already was pretty sure about this relationship before tonight."

Gibbs snorted again.

„You do that again and I'll start to head slap you!"

Gibbs looked surprised at the ME.

„Maybe you're right, Duck. Maybe I should give Steve a chance."

„Not only maybe, my friend."

Ducky said as he turned off the engine.







It was a beautiful sonday afternoon. Tony sat on his veranda drinking a cold ice tea. Steve was already gone. He had a meeting in LA early monday morning so he had taken a flight this morning.

Sure, Tony had told Steve that Gibbs behaviour was nothing out of the ordinary but he knew that it was a lie. The whole night he lay all awake and thought about why Gibbs couldn't like Steve.

Right now he knew only one solution to his problem. He had to ask Gibbs. He took his cell phone and thought about calling Gibbs but he knew he wouldn't get an answer on the phone instead he called a cap.

Maybe it was the rum in his ice tea making him do what he was doing but driving was surely not a good idea, hell Gibbs would kill him for driving drunken.



When Tony sat in the cap he thought that Gibbs will kill him for being drunken in the afternoon and being in his house anyway, but Tony knew that Gibbs was the reason why he already was drunken.

When Tony was on Gibbs‘ front porch he waited before knocking. He straightened up and raised his hand.

The door opened before he had finished his thought.

„How did you...wow...You're a Sentinel, or something?"

„A what?"

Gibbs said annoyed and Tony waved the thought away.

„You're drunk?"

He asked watching Tony swaying slightly.

„No...maybe...a tiny little bit...maybe not that tiny...yes, I am."

Gibbs sighed and cancelled his run in his mind.

„Wanna come in?"

Tony nodded and stumbled a bit, Gibbs caught him.

„Slowly, man."

Tony didn't straight up from Gibbs hold. It seemed that he had fallen directly in the other man's eyes. Before Gibbs could do anything Tony's lips were on his. The younger man's tongue asked for entrance and soon they fought for dominance in the kiss. Tony straightened up not breaking the kiss and put his hands either sides of Gibbs‘ head and ran his finger through the soft salt and pepper hair.

After what seemed hours Gibbs remembered what they were doing and pushed Tony away. The younger man looked startled for a moment and then buried his face in his hands.

„Sorry, boss, I just...It was...I'm so sorry."

„No need, Tony. It's not you, I mean...you're engaged!"

Tony looked up. Gibbs could see the passion and desire in the other man's eyes.

„Forget about that!"

Tony said and kissed him again.

„Tony, really I think..."

„There's no stopping me, if you haven't already noticed."

Gibbs gave in. He never really was able to stop Tony if the younger man had something in his mind. And right now Tony had him in his mind, only him, something Gibbs had wished for in many nights. Tony was only in his jeans and Gibbs already missed his shoes and belt when they made it to the stairs.

Mysteriously Gibbs‘ shirt had vanished when they entered the bedroom and before he could do anything the bed hit the back of his legs and they fell into the sheets Tony on top of him.

Tony kissed what seemed every inch of Gibbs‘ body. The scar on his shoulder, the shot of Ari, he took special care on that one. He traced every scar with his tongue and flicked the nipples with his tongue before he bite down on them.

Gibbs moaned loudly. His house was well outside of town and there weren't any houses near so he could make as much noise as he wanted. Tony once had said he could have a Heavy Metall concert in his garden and noone would notice.

But right now Gibbs remembered all those things he had imagined in all those year. In one move he pulled Tony up and rolled on top of him.

When he kissed his neck he surpressed the urge to mark him as his, he wasn't stupid enough for that. He quickly moved on to his hairy chest and down the trained stomach. One thing he always liked at gay men, they mostly look more after their appearience than heterosexual men, and Tony even more.

„God, more!"

Tony cried out when Gibbs zipped down his fly and took the hard cock in his hand. Gibbs started to stroke slowly and took him into his mouth. Humming melodyless he made Tony come quickly, quicker than Gibbs had thought.

He stayed where he was and stroke over Tony's thighs with one hand the other reaching in the nightstand for lube.

„I'm taking the pill."

Tony said and Gibbs looked up.

„I want you without barrier."

Their eyes stayed locked for a moment before Gibbs looked down and lubed a finger. It slipped in without a try and Tony's back arched.

„Yeah, just like that..."

Tony murmered but soon fell into Italian, even that Gibbs didn't understood a word it turned him on like hell. He added a second finger, scissoring and preparating Tony as far as he could at last with a third finger. Then he stood up and lifted Tony's hips and slid in.

„God....tight..."

„More!"

Gibbs took up speed and Tony was already hard again. Gibbs took the cock in his hand and stroke in the same pace. Soon he had found the spot, he adjusted the ankle so he hit it everytime.


„GIBBS!"

Tony yelled as his orgasm washed over him like cold and hot water. It took only one stroke more before Gibbs shot his load into Tony and he collapsed on top of him.








Tony opened his eyes when he felt the sun on his face. He blinked confused and tried to figure where he was. He never was in this room before, it was pretty plain, a closet, a nightstand, lube...lube?

Tony turned around and fell out of the bed. Well, wasn't very comfortable anyway, he thought.

„What you doing?"

He heard a very familiar voice and then Gibbs‘ head showed over the edge of the bed.

„What are you doing on the floor?"

„I fell. What did I do in your...OH MY GOD!"

Tony realized that he was naked and quickly pulled the covers off the bed and around him. He had fucked his boss, no his boss had fucked him. Him! He was engaged.

„I have to go."

He turned and tried to figure where his cloths were.

„Tony, wait."

But the younger man had pulled on his jeans, he hadn't bothered with underware yesterday, or at least he didn't bother with searching them now, and was out of the room. Gibbs followed him through the whole house but he couldn‘t stop him before he tried to put on his shoes.

„Tony, wait, let's...let's talk."

„Talk? There's nothing to talk about! It was a one time, it'll never happen again, I'm sorry that that happened, boss."

„Don't be. I, if you want it to be a one time, why did it happen in the first place? And why now?"

„Why now? Well, I don't know. But I'm engaged, Gibbs."

Gibbs looked at his hands.

„Still?"

Tony looked up. He hesitated but then he answered in a strong voice.

„Yes, still. And I would appreciate it if you..."

„...don't tell it anyone. My lips are sealed."

Gibbs answered. Tony hesitated again.

„Look, I'm sorry if you..."

„Tony, you really think I want more than sex from you? You better get going, I'm sure Steve's already missing you."



He watched Tony walking down the driveway with his cell phone calling a cap. He hadn't bothered with an offer to drive him. He was sure the younger man wouldn't accept. He sat on the porch and light himself yet another cigaret.

Maybe he should start smoking again.

For a few hours Gibbs had had the foolish hope that Tony actually did like him.
End Notes:
Still the same
When the worst happens... by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Everything seems to back to normal, or isn't it?
For the next two weeks everything seemed normal. Gibbs and Tony got around eachother just as usual, maybe the headslaps came a bit less often but apart from that nothing out of the ordinary.

Tony hadn't told Steve about Gibbs. Even that the other man didn't seem to suspect anything he did seem to be jealous on Gibbs, but Tony was of course the last to notice, in fact he just didn't.

That something actually wasn't normal occured to Tony when he had to throw up one day. Since it was right after he'd woken up there wasn't much to vomit and the urge faded away quickly. Apart from that stomach anomaly he felt fine so he went to work.

„You ok, Tony?"

„Sure, boss, why are you asking?"

„You look like hell."

„Thanks boss, but I'm fine, really."

Gibbs nodded and left for his own desk.



„Yummy, Apples!"

Tony said as he entered the lab and saw the basket of fruit on Abby's desk.

„Go ahead. Some present of some admirer."

She said annoyed but then she turned again to Tony.

„Did you just say, „Yummy" and „apples" in one sentence?"

„Yeah. I'm craving for one all day! Dunno why..."

Abby looked suspicious.

„You haven't felt nauseatic lately."

Tony stopped with his mouth open and the apple halfway in.

„How do you know?"

„Tony, have you..."

She wanted to ask him if he was running late but that didn't happen with men. He still looked at her with big eyes.

„Tony, you and Steve, do you...are you playing it safe?"

„What do you mean? We're together for seven months. The condom we left behind."

„WHAT? Tony! Don't you know the risk?"

He laughed nervously.

„Abby, relax, I'm on the pill."

„Yeah, and you calculated that this pill came out only seven months ago and even the female birth control pill isn't 100 %!"

Tony smile vanished and his gaze went glassy.

„I want you without barriers."

„GOD! Abby! I can't be!"

Abby shrugged.

„Only one way to find out."



When working hours were over Tony went with Abby to the next drug store and bought a male pregnancy test.

„You wanna do this alone?"

„No way!"

Tony answered.

„I'll call Steve that I'll come home later."





Half a hour later they sat in Abby's bathroom.

„God, how long does this take? I thought it's a quick test!"

„It needs a minute more."

Both fell silent again until Abby asked.

„Boy or girl."

„Abby, that's the least of my problems."

„C'mon, Tony, even if you're pregnant it's not the end of the world. The mortality rate is getting lowed every year and you have a fine fiancé."

„Yeah, but what if it isn't from Steve."

Abby looked shocked at him.

„You did play it safe before, didn't you?"

„Sure, the problem is, once, after I started with the pill..."

„Wait, after you started? But you have been with Steve...you cheated on him?"

„It certainly wasn't planned and it was a one time, I made that clear, he made that clear, too."

„But, Tony, why no condom?"

Tony sighed. He had asked himself that many times.

„Because I wanted to FEEL him. Because I wanted that for so long and it finally happened. Because, I think...I love him."

Tony expected nearly every reaction from Abby but not understanding.

„And why are you still with Steve, then?"

„He doesn't want me, Abby. He only wanted sex, nothing more."

„You tell me..."

„I think time's up."

Tony said before Abby could finish her question. He looked down on the test and sighed.



„Hey, Steve! Are you there?"

„Kitchen."

Tony heard his fiancé voice. He seemed to be annoyed about something.

„Hey, hon. Whatcha doing?"

Tony asked and kissed Steve but didn't recieved a response to it.

„I'm washing my dishes, since you haven't been here, again, I had to eat alone."

„Sorry, Steve, but Abby had some problems she really had to talk about."

„Which problems?"

„What?"

„Tony, we're going to marry. We shouldn't have any secrets from eachother."

„That's right, Steve, but these are not my secrects but Abby's so I won't tell you. If she wants you to know she'll tell you."

„Tony!"

„No, Steve, I don't ask you for the secrets of your friends either. This has nothing to do with us."

Tony took a soda out of the fridge and went into the living room. Steve followed him.

„We weren't finished!"

„You think?"

Steve grapped Tony's arm and pulled him around.

„Hey! Quit that!"

„You think?"

„Steve, leave me alone!"

„Tony, I want you to understand my point. How can I trust you if you have secrets from me."

„I already said that..."

The slap came hard and Tony was that shocked that it started to hurt a second later.

Tony looked at Steve but the anger in the other man's eyes wasn't less.

„Steve, I think I should go to bed now..."

„You're not going...Where were you? And don't give me that Abby grap! Who is it, Tony? I know there is somebody!"

„I swear there isn't..."

This time Steve used his fist.
End Notes:
Same. Oh! Feedback, please! I need it like a addict needs a shot!
Keep out by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
"Yeah, Tony! Get to your perfect fiancé! Get the shit beaten out of you! I don’t care for you and your fucking brat!“
„You're late!"

Gibbs growled from behind when Tony stepped out of the elevator.

„Yeah, sorry, boss."

Gibbs got around and faced him. No matter what he planned to say it never came out and he frown.

„What's that?"

He asked pointing at Tony's black swollen eye.

„I tripped. You know me, I'm clumpsy."

„You tripped into a fist? Must have aimed good!"

„No fist, Gibbs. I tripped and hit the coffee table. Nothing to worry about."

Tony walked past Gibbs and sat at his desk. Gibbs followed him only footsteps behind.

„Did it happen this morning?"

„What?"

„Your eye."

„No, last night, why?"

„Because you've been late again, DiNozzo!"

Gibbs barked and sat behind his own desk.



Tony returned from the restroom for the fourth time that morning.

„God, DiNozzo! Do that report again, and this time check it twice! I really have enough of you FUCKING UP!"

Gibbs yelled and threw the report on Tony's desk before heading out for coffee.

Ok, now it was officially, Gibbs hated him.




When working hours were over Tony immidiatly left the office. No way he would do the same mistake again and get home late. Just before the doors of the elevator closed Gibbs jumped in.

Tony was trying to get out but Gibbs hold him back.

„You're pregnant?"

Tony tried to hit a button but Gibbs switched the energy off.

„I asked you a question."

„So, Abby told you..."

„She was concerned about your eye, just as I am."

„You're concerned, hah!"

„Tony!"

„Yes, I am pregnant."

„So, could it be that..."

„No. Steve and I decided to have kids and we both stopped taking the pills two weeks ago. Right after our little adventure. Yeah, Gibbs. I got out of your bed and once Steve got home we fucked like rabbits. The whole night and you know what? I completely forgot about you!"

Tony stared at Gibbs waiting for him to react but nothing happened. Gibbs thought he never had seen so much hate in Tony's eyes.

He switched the energy back.

„I think we don't have to say anything to eachother anymore."

Gibbs said and was out of the elevator as soon as the door opened.

Tony sighed. That night at home wasn't easier. When Tony came home he told Steve about his pregnancy.

„You're pregnant? That's amazing!"

„Amazing? We never talked about having kids. We're both taking the pill!"

„Well, I'm taking the pill."

Steve answered.

„What?"

„Well, I want kids with you, Tony. I want a kid from you! And you wouldn't have taken the risk, so...I changed the pills with placebos."

„YOU DID WHAT?"





When Gibbs got home he opened a new packet of cigarets. He had to admit it, he finally had started to smoke again. But the never ending fights, and later the silence, between him and Tony forced him to. Moreover he couldn't deny that felt jealous. Not only that Tony will have what he had lost, a child, a family, he would also have it with another man. A man Gibbs didn't even liked.


Tony stood up at five in the morning and went to the drug store. When he entered the bullpen at 7 AM his bruises, only the new ones, were under a big layer of make up. Yep, he finally had crossed the last line of being completely gay, using make up.

Noone noticed all day and Tony was glad about it.




Weeks went on and became months. After three months nothing had changed. At work Gibbs would yell at him and at home Steve would bash him. Steve not only thought he had an affair, he thought it was Gibbs. Everytime when Gibbs kept him in longer the bashing would be harder. But noone had noticed it since the first black eye.


Tony entered the bullpen at 10 AM. He walked straight to Gibbs‘ desk and put the doctor's certificate down. Gibbs nodded and Tony sat behind his desk. Both man hated it that they didn't talked at all, except when Gibbs was yelling at Tony.





„Gibbs! I asked you to come down a hour ago!"

Abby yelled at him when he entered the lab.

„Sorry, Abby. You didn't say that it‘s...ABBY!"

She dragged him into her office.

„You have to talk to Tony!"

„What?"

Gibbs tried to avoid Abby's gaze, for the first time she knew him.

„You were the one he betrayed Steve with."

Gibbs didn't answer, he didn't need to.

„You have to talk to him. I think Steve's beating him."

„Abby, don't you think Tony's strong enough..."

„Strong enough? He's pregnant, Gibbs! What would you do...No, bad examble. He is pregnant, and afraid of that. You think Tony could face that alone?"

„You think Tony would rather be bashed and threat the life of his child than leave Steve?"

Abby only looked at Gibbs.

„Shit! I promise I'll talk to him, but I can't promise that he'll listen."

„Just try it, Gibbs."




„Tony."

Tony looked up from his trance. He looked around and noticed that it already was 9 PM.

„Shit!"

He said and gathered his stuff.

„Tony, wait. We have to talk."

„No, Gibbs, I have to get home."

„Will he hit you if you're late?"

Tony turned to Gibbs again. He tried to smile but failed.

„I already told you that..."

„No, Tony. You lied to me and now I want the truth. Hell, you think I haven't noticed? You think I didn't see the make up in your face? The way you walk? You wince everytime you're touched and you're out of office as soon as possible."

„I'm builidng a family."

„No, Tony, this isn't you anymore."

„This isn't me? You don't know me, Gibbs! You never did!"

„What do you think he will do to your kid? You think he'll draw the line there? Did he promised you that?"

„Live him out of that."

„Him?"

„Yeah, it's a boy."

Tony said low. Gibbs saw how he instinctively touched his belly but the touch seemed tensed and protectively.

„He won't stop there, Tony."

„Why do you care?"

„I don't want to lose another Agent!"

Tony laughed hollow.

„Yeah, another Agent. That's all I am, another Agent. You know what? This is not your baby, this is not your life, so keep the fuck out of it!"

„You're my Agent, I have a responsibility to you."

„Fuck your responsibility. You never cared for me! And now that you had your dick up my ass once you think you have the right to judge about my life? I leave, Gibbs! I'm gone! And stay the hell away from me."

Tony said, just as Gibbs Tony got very quiet when he was really, REALLY pissed. He turned to leave.

„Yeah, Tony! Get to your perfect fiancé! Get the shit beaten out of you! I don't care for you and your fucking brat!"

Tony had stopped at the last words and looked at the envelope in his hand.

He took a last breath.

„I'll get my stuff tomorrow."

He said sadly and stepped into the elevator.
End Notes:
Feedback, feedback, feedback!
Leaving behind by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Its result didn’t change his mind. He knew what he had to do.
The next day Tony's hands were too shaky to apply the make up. Both his eyes were swollen and his shoulder hurt like hell from when Steve had dragged him into the bedroom after hours of bashing and for the rest of the night Steve took from Tony what he wanted.

When he stopped the engine of his car he took a few deep breaths. This would be the last time he would step into the bullpen. He straight went to his desk and put his stuff into a box.

„Please, Tony, please, stay!"

Abby said standing behind his desk and blocking the way out.

„Abby, please let me out."

His growing belly stopped him from climbing over the desk.

„Stay!"

She repeated and McGee and Ziva nodded. He looked over at Gibbs but the other man was working on his computer not spending attention to him.

„No. There's nothing for me to do here, anymore."

He said and pressed himself past her.




When he opened the front door he knew something was wrong. He didn't knew why, it was as if the air had changed. He swallowed.

„Steve?"

His voice was shaking in fear of the up coming.

Steve stepped out of the living room, in his hands was a letter. When he looked at Tony, the other man could only see anger, huge anger in his eyes.

„What is it?"

„I just asked myself what you need this for? A paternity test."
Tony raised his hand in a calming gesture.

„Steve, listen..."

„Listen? You ask me to listen? How many times you sweared me that you don't have an affaire? Huh? How many times Tony?"

„Steve, it was a one time! I swear!"

„You swear? You do?"













„Anthony....Anthony come back to us!"

Tony's eyes opened flattering. He lay in a white room and the light blinded him.

„Tony, you hear me?"

The second voice was female but it seemed far away.

„Anthony, can you hear us?"

Tony knew that scottish accent.

„Ducky..."

Tony said faintly. Ducky, Abby, Hospital. Tony sat upright in the bed and had Ducky's collar in his hand all of a sudden.

„The baby! Did anything happen to him?"

„Your child is fine Tony. But you should calm down now."

„How did I get here?"

„Abby found you in your bed bleeding."

„Where's,...where's Steve?"

Tony asked with a sudden wave of fear.

„Steve was gone before I got there. His things as well."

Abby answered and patted his arm.He closed his eyes again.

„That nightmare is over, Tony."

Tony couldn't hold back the tears. Abby took him in her arms but as much as he loved her she wasn't the one he needed right now.

„Where's Gibbs?"

He asked and Abby and Ducky changed a look.

„He didn't come. He said he doesn't have to do anything here. But he took the case. He'll get Steve, you know him."






Two days later Tony was discharged. Gibbs was never there. When Abby gave him a ride home she offered him to stay but he didn't accept.

The house was exactly like it was when Abby had found him. Furnitur lay across the rooms and drawers were out as if Steve had packed in a hurry.

The letter lay in the hall on the floor. Tony stepped up and took it. Its result didn't change his mind. He knew what he had to do.

He went up into his office, one of the few room where nothing was broken and sat down. He turned on his laptop and started to write.




Three hours later he had put everything he needed into the car and drove to Abby. He didn't call, he just put the keys to the house and a letter into the post-box.

Then he drove to Gibbs and left another letter there.

Then he left. He left Washington DC, he left Virginia, he left all his friends, his life behind, there was nothing left for him there.
End Notes:
Ok, two more, then I'm done...for now.
All or nothing by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Gibbs tries to find Tony but nothing is leading to him
„TONY!"

He had called for a hour. Why didn't he open the fucking door?

„Tony..."

He sat on the few stairs and cried.

„He's gone."

Abby said. Gibbs looked up at her puzzled.

„What?"

„All he left was a letter and the keys to the house. He put up an official deed of gift and gave me the house.He will not come back, Gibbs."




Gibbs looked at the letter for ten minutes. Something stopped him from open it. He put it into a drawer and drove back to the office.





„Gibbs?"

He warily looked from up the screen to Abby.

„You should go home. You won't find him tonight."

Gibbs nodded. It was exactly the day Tony had left, one year later. Gibbs hadn't found the smallest sign of Tony but he never stopped looking.

„Yeah, maybe you're right, Abby."


When he was home he took out the unopened letter. Maybe now, a year later it wouldn't bee too hard to read.

He stared at the white envelope. It had turned slightly yellow from all the nights he had spent starind at it while smoking one cigaret after another. This night was no exception.

He didn't knew what the letter would tell him. He had no clue what it was that Tony thought he had to tell him before he left. And he wouldn't find out that night, either.


Gibbs sat behind his desk.

„McGee? Why isn't my computer working?"

McGee stood from his desk and went over.

„You let it run all night again?"

Gibbs only shot him a look. He never turn it off. The search for Anthony Domenic DiNozzo was running the whole time but by now Gibbs was only frustrated because nearly every day there was a false alert. He had wondered some times that there were that many Anthony Domenic DiNozzos in the US.

„GIBBS! GIBBS! You won‘t believe it!"

Abby came running into the bullpen.

„What Abby? What won't I believe?"

„I found Tony!"

„WHAT?"

First thing Gibbs did was pulling her into his arms.

„You're sure?"

„You think someone else would call his son Domenic Jethro Todd DiNozzo?"

Gibbs only looked at her with big eyes.

„Wha...Whe...How?"

„You remember the boyfriend of me who created the database about databases?"

„Ye...Yes?"

„I checked it and found a database for male births. I checked that for DiNozzo and there were the hell lot of them, about a thousand. Then, I don't know why...I entered Jethro DiNozzo and there was only one result! Domenic Jethro Todd DiNozzo and father Anthony Domenic DiNozzo."

Again he pulled her into a hug.

„YEAH! Where Abby? Where is he?"

„He gave birth in New York City Hospital. I haven't found out the current adress yet but it's a lead, at least."

„Hell yeah it is!"

Gibbs cried out and turned to McGee.

„That thing working?"

McGee nodded and Gibbs shoved him aside.

Surprisingly Gibbs knew the web adress of the New Yorker Operator by heart and after half a hour they had only three possible Anthony Domenic DiNozzos in New York City.








He stood in front of the apartment building of the last Anthony Domenic DiNozzo on his list. If this wasn't his Tony he would have to start at the beginning again. He took a deep breath and entered the building. He checked every name plate at the doors and when he came to floor 3 there stood a baby carriage in the hall. He looked at the name plate next to it. DiNozzo. Again he took a deep breath and knocked.

There was no answer. He knocked again a bit louder. Still no answer. He raised his hand a third time but before he could knock the door was opened in a hurry.

„Damn I have a ba...Gibbs."

Gibbs had dreamt of this moment often in the last months and he had so many great speeches at hand then but right now he couldn't say anything. He swallowed and Tony only looked at him.

„Ok, you finally found me. I can't say I'm surprised, only that you were quite fast though, I thought you would need at least a few years."

Gibbs still couldn't speak. His mind was giving him so many options and he just couldn't decide what should come out first.

„Ok, if you don't have to say anything I'll just..."

„I want you back."

Tony opened the half closed door again.

„What?"

„I want you to come back to Washington with me."

„That's not what you just had said."

Gibbs inhaled slowly.

„I want you to come back."

Tony seemed to consider his options for a moment. He could tell Gibbs to finally stay away from him or he could at least let the man in and hear what he had to say.

He opened the door wider and let Gibbs step inside. He silently led him into the kitchen and offered him a seat. Without asking he put a mug of fresh coffee in front of him.

„So? What do you wanna say?"

Gibbs bit his lips trying to find the right words.

„Tony, I've been a bastard, no bastard doesn't fit anymore. A jerk, a complete asshole."

„Douglas Adams."

„What?"

„You're a jerk, Dent. A complete asshole. Douglas Adams. Life, the universe and everything. Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. The trilogy of the five. Forget it."

Tony waved it off. Gibbs let it go.

„What I'm trying to say is, I was hurt. You slept with me and it was something I wished for for a very long time and then you got back to your fiancé...That's not a reproach!"

He said before Tony could verbalize his protest.

„Then you were pregnant from that idiot and he bashed you. There's only one thing that's worse than bashing his partner."

„What's that?"

„Bashing and raping his pregnant partner. I was so stupid, Tony. All those things I said, that I only wanted sex from you, that I didn't care about you and your son...It was just my way to deal with the pain."

„So, what do you want me to do? Apologize?"

„No. You're not the one to do that. It's me in fact. Tony, I'm sorry. Very, very sorry and I want to do anything so you can forgive me one day."

„That's why you made the way to NY? To apologize? Could have called."

„No, I made the way to bring you back. I want you back in Washington. You and your son. I want you to be with me. I...If you want to, I want to build a family with you. I know I‘m not the father but I wished I could become it. Tony, I love you."

Tony remained silent. All this was a little too much for him. Gibbs still thought he wasn't the father but he wanted him and he wanted his son. He loved him.

„You haven't read the letter?"

„What? Oh, no...I couldn't. I wanted to but I thought it would hurt only more. Why?"

Tony didn't look at him. He stood up and left the room. A minute later he came back with a small boy on his arms. Gibbs stood up and looked puzzled at him.

„He's cute."

It was a complete understatement. The boy had silky brown hair and the face of his father. But his eyes where steely blue. Tony smiled shortly, then he looked directly into Gibbs‘ eyes.

„Jethro, I want to intodruce you to Domenic Jethro Todd DiNozzo. Your son."

Gibbs puzzled look changed into shock.

„My son?"

„I explained it all in the letter. I didn't want a half father for him. And I still don't want that. There's only one way to be part of his and my life, Jethro. All or nothing."

Gibbs stepped closer and silently asked for permission to take his son. Tony gave it to him and Gibbs took him carefully. He placed a soft kiss on the top of the boys head then stepped even closer to Tony.

„All."

He said and kissed the younger man softly.
End Notes:
Do I have to?
a perfect, little wierd, story book happy ending. by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
I guess the title says it all-
„Dom's asleep now."

Tony said as he walked quietly into the bedroom. Gibbs said on the bed looking at him piercingly.

„What?"

„Why didn't you tell me? I mean, you said..."

„I know, Jethro, and I'm sorry about it. Listen, the situation, it was...Steve's bashing was terrible. Every night we had a fight about something and it always ended the same way. When I had to work late it was even worse. The first time he had hit me when I did the test with Abby. She knew that you could have been the father, she was the only one. When I told him I hoped he would stop, to save the child. But he told me that he had manipulated my pills because he wanted a kid and we fought again. That was the first time he raped me."

„Why didn't you let me help?"

„You had hurt me. You said you didn't care for me and...I didn't want to show you that I'm weak."

Gibbs nodded. He could understand Tony.

„Why didn't you asked Abby? Or just left him?"

„I was pregnant, Jethro. I was scared like hell. I grew up with the knowing that male pregnancies aren't an easy walk. I thought I couldn't do it alone."

„You wouldn't..."

Gibbs wanted to protest but Tony raised his hand.

„Let me finish. It's hard enough to talk about it. That day I came in late, you remember?"

Gibbs nodded. It was the day he resigned. He would never forget that day.

„I had an appointment at my doc. For a paternity test. I got the results on that day. I hadn't opened it but the next day, the day I cleared my desk I came home and..."

„He had found the letter."

„Yeah. He always suspected me to have an affair. If Abby hadn't come that night, I don't think I would still be here. Until I came home I had no idea about the result. I thought it didn't even mattered to Steve, since he had the proof that I cheated on him. I found the letter though. I had turned out that Steve was certainly not the father of Dom. It didn't cange anything though. I still believed you didn't want me so I left. I had nothing holding me back and...being close to you hurt too much. Even being in the same state as you. Knowing tha you were always only a drie, a phone call away..."

Tony didn't go on. Gibbs had watched him the whole time. Tony hadn't looked up from his hands and his face still showed the pain of the last months.

„It was a hard time until Dom came. He's great. He has your temper though."

Tony smiled and finally looked up.

„Tony..."

„No, don't. I didn't told you that to make you feel guilty. You apologized for what you did and, well, we both made mistakes. I don't need to hear you're sorry, Jethro. I need to feel and see it."

Gibbs cupped Tony's cheek with his hand. He leant in for a soft affectionate kiss.

„Thank you."

Tony whispered.

„You're coming back, then? Abby will kill me if I come back with empty hands."

„Mhm, I'm curious what she'll do if you come back with a nine month boy on your arms."

A wicked grin showed on Tony's face. Gibbs gave him a soft head slap but smiled.








A week later Gibbs entered the bullpen. Everybody of the team, including Abby, Ducky and Jimmy stood there waiting for him. He saw them standing in a small circle definitely they had already a pool running. He put up his most annoyed expression and walked over to his desk without a word. He put down his coffee and put his gun away. He started his computer playing oblivious to the group staring at him.

„Gibbs!"

Abby only said and glared at him. He gave her a look and her mouth fell open.

„No! He must have been there! His son's name is Domenic Jethro Todd! Jethro and Todd! That can't be a coincident!"

„Oh, he was there."

Gibbs said and the others changed looks.

„Oh, Jethro, I'm so sorry. What happened?"

„What should have happened?"

He asked and looked at Ducky. The group stood there with puzzled expressions. Ziva was the first to find her voice.

„Didn't you apologize?"

„I did!"

Gibbs said defendingly at the reproaching tone.

„Had you fought?"

„No, we haven't, McGee!"

„Then, why didn't he come back, Gibbs?"

Abby asked furious.

„Who said I didn't come back?"

The goth spun around. Tony stood directly behind her the carriage a few feet away to save Dom from the first attack.

And it happened exactly as he had expected it. For a second Abby stood there in shock not moving. Then her eyes lit up and he had arms full of Abby all of a sudden.

„GOD! Tony! So good to have you back!"

Then she let go off him and he smile. She punched him hard on the upper arm.

„OUCH!"

That he hadn't seen coming.

„NEVER! Do that again! You scared the shit out of me!"

She said warningly. Not quite sure if she talked about the running away or the joke about not coming back he nodded anyway rubbing his arm.

„Anthony, good to see you healthy and everything!"

Ducky said andpulled the man into a tight embrace aswell. To Tony's surprise even McGee and Ziva hugged him. Jimmy unsure what to do held out his hand. Tony took it and shaked but then pulled the young man into a hug aswell.

„Ok, ok, him you already know, say hello to the new guy."

Gibbs said from the baby carriage. He had moved there unnoticed and had now his son on his arms.

„People, that's Domenic Jethro Todd DiNozzo."

Gibbs said and his eyes flashed with pride.

„Soon to be DiNozzo-Gibbs."

Tony said.

„DiNozzo-Gibbs?"

McGee asked confused.

„He's my son after all."

Gibbs said and he smiled as bright as only Ducky had seen him once.

„Oh, my good! Isn't that the cutest boy on the entire globe?"

Abby said and bounced up and down until Gibbs gave in and handed him over, but not before she had put down the collar with spikes. Dom played with her pigtails and laughed.

„He likes me!"

„How couldn't he?"

Tony said and Gibbs put his arm around his love's waist. The two fathers watched the team play with the new team member, as McGee, Ziva and Abby called him, until Tony took him into his arms.

„I think the big boy needs some sleep."

The little boy shook his head and tapped on Abby's pigtails so they swang and laughed.

„Oh yes, Daddy thinks so."

He put him down into the carriage and five minutes later he was sleeping as if he would never wake.

„We would like to have you all over for dinner tonight. As a little welcome home party."

Gibbs said and Tony nodded his agreement.

„You don't want to rest first?"

Ducky asked being the doctor he was.

„Actually we are here for three days already, don't hit me again, Abby!"

Tony said before the goth even had moved.

„Ok, we'll be there. Time?"

Abby asked still adoring the sleeping boy.

„2000, my place."

„Little party here?"

Director Sheppard had chose this moment to show up. She forced herself to a smile when she spotted Tony.

„Agent DiNozzo. You're back."

„It's Mr. DiNozzo. I'm not an Agent anymore. But yes I'm back."

„And you're planning on a little party for your comeback."

She said nearly begging for invitation.

„Just a dinner with friends, Director Sheppard."

Gibbs answered coldly and stepped next to Tony. He kissed him on the cheek before he whispered.

„Ready to go?"

Tony nodded and they said short bye and left.







The dinner was just as pleasent as Tony had wished. Everybody was laughing and nobody asked him uncomfortable questions, well at least not if you don't think Ducky's question about the birth were uncomfortable.

„You really have to keep an eye on him! He'll make the girls crazy one day."

Ziva said and grinned.

„Or the boys, or both, who knows."

Abby said and grinned, too.

„Well, he will if he comes after his fathers."

McGee said and Tony looked surprised at him. The younger agent seemed to have changed in his absence.




When everybody had left Tony stood in the nursery watching his son sleep. He felt Gibbs presence behind him just before he felt the other man's hands on his hips and his soft lips on his neck.

„You're coming to bed?"

„Yeah, soon."

Tony said but they both stayed for quite a wile like that just enjoying the life they were able to finally start together.

Tony thought his life certainly wasn't the stuff you makefairy tales from but this was just a perfect, little wierd, story book happy ending.
End Notes:
Feedback. And I thikn there'll be more about the family Gibbs/Tony/Dom, if you liked this one.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5736