Shadow by XxX-carrie-XxX
Summary: How could one second destroy his life? How could one shot made his heart splitter in thousands of pieces?
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Angst, Drama, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 805 Read: 1724 Published: 07/27/2006 Updated: 07/27/2006
Story Notes:
The song is called "Shadow" and is by Britney Spears.

I have written thousands of postTwilghts, but I am still not over Katie's death. *cries* =) but I "incidentially" wrote some funny ones too... coming soon ;)

1. Shadow by XxX-carrie-XxX

Shadow by XxX-carrie-XxX
Author's Notes:
How could one second destroy his life? How could one shot made his heart splitter in thousands of pieces?
Shadow

Your body's warm
But you are not
You give a little
Not A lot
You coup your love until we kiss
You're all I want but not like this
I'm watching you disappear
But you, you were never here


His lips softly touched hers. All their emotions showed in one kiss… It was indescribable; he wasn't able to find the right words for it. He had never felt anything like this. It was… love... deepest and purest love. They parted and she… was gone.

It's only your shadow
Never yourself
It's only your shadow
Nobody else
It's only your shadow
Filling the room
Arriving to late
And leaving too soon
and leaving too soon


"Why aren't you sick" (T)
"Because I'm stronger than you Tony."(K)
"Are not!"(T)
"Am too!"(K)
"Are not!" (T)

"We could do what the Eskimos do. They… press their bodies together. Of course the effects greatly improved, if… you're naked-."(T)
"There isn't enough liquor on the planet to make this happen, Tony."(K)
"I wasn't suggesting the naked part But if you wanna freeze… freeze."(T)


Your body gives
But then holds back
The sun is bright
The sky is black
Can only be another sign
I can not keep what isn't mine
You left but still linger on
But you, you were almost gone.


When they had been on that roof-top, it had been like somebody had ripped his heart out of his chest. Just when he had heard that gun-shot and she had fallen to the ground, he knew it was too late. All that teasing for hiding the real emotions and the hidden flirting came to an end… and worse: Her life had come to an end… And he hadn't been able to save her… he wouldn't ever be with her again. Just the dreams he had brought her close to him, brought her back to him.

It's only your shadow
Never yourself
It's only your shadow
Nobody else
It's only your shadow
Filling the room
Arriving to late
And leaving too soon
and leaving too soon


Her death had been a painful hit for everybody, but nobody had to feel this heartache Tony had to. He had known her for 2 years, but he never told her truth. He wanted to make her jealous with his stories, wanted her to make the first step. But she never did… and she wouldn't do in the future.
Her lawyer had given him a letter, but he wasn't able to read it. All the time he had spent with her, all the minutes he had spent watching her, annoying her, wouldn't come back. She wouldn't come back. A letter wouldn't change much… He just needed his "Katie" back.

How can I tell you if you mean what you say?
You say it so loud but you sound far away
Maybe I had a just glimpse of your soul
Was that your shadow I saw on the wall
I'm watching you disappear
But you, you were never here


But then he decided to open it… it wasn't long, but the last line made his heart ache more than at the last days…


I love you Tony… Don't forget that.
Kate


He broke down. The first time since her death he cried… not just quiet, he really cried out loud. He wasn't able to stop it. Tears just fall down his cheeks and then onto the letter…

It's only your shadow
Never yourself
It's only your shadow
Nobody else
It's only your shadow
Filling the room
Arriving to late
And leaving too soon
and leaving too soon
It's only your shadow
Never yourself
It's only your shadow
Nobody else
It's only your shadow
Filling the room
Arriving to late
And leaving too soon
and leaving too soon


He decided to visit her a last time… on earth. When he arrived at her grave another tear rolled down his cheek. He hadn't been able to save her. He couldn't stand the thought that if he had died, she would still live. And he wanted to be with her. He wanted to tell her his feelings… his love for her.

So he decided to go to that roof-top, which had changed his life so dramatically. He wanted to go to that roof-top, which had let everything break down…
Standing at the edge, he looked back to the place, where Kate had lain; where he had stood… where his life had broke down. Then he closed his eyes, took his last breath and then he let himself fall down…

Oh
It's only your shadow


Now he could be with her… and nothing could part them. Never…
End Notes:
The song is called "Shadow" and is by Britney Spears.

I have written thousands of postTwilghts, but I am still not over Katie's death. *cries* =) but I "incidentially" wrote some funny ones too... coming soon ;)
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5773