Just Another Day by Gibbsgirl08
Summary: Just another Gabby Drabble. Confessions
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: None
Genre: Drabble/Ficlet/Vignette
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 484 Read: 2397 Published: 08/17/2006 Updated: 08/17/2006

1. Just Another Day by Gibbsgirl08

Just Another Day by Gibbsgirl08
Author's Notes:
Just another Gabby Drabble. Confessions
I walked into Abby's laboratory with my usual peace offering of a Caf-Pow, just to make sure she didn't decide to try to poison me, or cut me into little pieces and keep me in one of her many very expensive gadgets, or, least favorite of all images that floated through my mind as I walked through her whooshing doors and into her blaring music, she could come at me with a frying pan like one of my ex-wives had, but then again, I'm not married to Abby. Not that I'd mind.

Abby's jumping around her lab and rocking out to the noise she calls music, and doesn't see me. I sneak up behind her, and place one hand on her waist and reach around her with the other to present her with the precious Caf-Pow. "Gibbs!" She jumps and lightly smacks my shoulder and gratefully yanks the liquid out of my hand and immediately begins sucking it down.

"Come on Gibbs! You know I hate it when you sneak up on me!" she cried as she stalked to one of her machines to get me the awaited read-out. I bit back the response that floated though my brain, and answered instead with some sort of grunt.

As soon as she yanked the paper away from the machine, she leapt into her explanation that would hopefully turn the meaningless garble to words that I could use to put our latest suspect behind bars. As usual, I had to remind her to speak in terms I could understand. "English, Abs," I chided, all the while trying to keep from smiling.

Finally she concluded her speak with, "The guy's lying, he was there, and his fingerprints are on the murder weapon. Ha!"

I gave her a curt nod, then briskly walked a few steps toward the door. I snuck a peek over my shoulder at her, and since she had turned around, I leaned back and gave the nearest pig-tail a slight tug, then continued on my way out.

Her cry of "Gibbs!!" followed me out the door and into the hall as I headed upstairs toward the interrogation rooms.

When I reached the confines of the elevator, I let my mind wander back to the wonderfully precious Goth that made her home in my lab and my heart. Deep down, I know that I'd love to send the elevator back downstairs, run into her lab, sweep her into my arms, kiss her, and make her mine for the rest of my life. Then my ex-wives float into the picture, and I know that I could never do that to Abby, should things not work out. Perhaps I'll just have my fun with her for a while longer. I love her like the world, and maybe if I bide my time, I can see if she has the same feelings for her 'silver-haired fox' that I have for her.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5819