Why Intimidation Never Works Anymore by Gym Class Hero
Summary: DiNozzo sits in an unfamiliar bathtub, pondering whether all this is worth it, before receiving an important reminder. Pure romance.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, Romance
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1450 Read: 5334 Published: 09/02/2006 Updated: 09/02/2006
Story Notes:
"Why Intimidation Never Works Anymore or A Not-So Demon Man Story"

My first fanfic ever, please enjoy! I love to hear feedback, so please don't hesitate to e-mail me!

1. Why Intimidation Never Works Anymore by Gym Class Hero

Why Intimidation Never Works Anymore by Gym Class Hero
Author's Notes:
DiNozzo sits in an unfamiliar bathtub, pondering whether all this is worth it, before receiving an important reminder. Pure romance.
Sometimes Tony wondered if the aftermath of sex was really worth it. Here he was at 6 o'clock in the morning washing himself in a less-than-comfortable bath in a less-than-large room. Last time he'd had a bath his mother was doing the scrubbing and he was a kid. He grunted as his legs hit the side of the tiny bath. This wasn't his style, Anthony DiNozzo was a shower man. But this wasn't his house, and the owner of the house preffered to use a bath. Tony wasn't going to argue. After all, who wants to tell their boss how to live?

Leeroy Jethro Gibbs. Three words that would strike the fear of god into any rookie agent at NCIS. A beast, a demon, a hard-ass who demands you play by the book while he doesn't. Alas, the only thing Tony could think of at the mention of his name was involved a condom and a lack of clothes. Jethro was a kitten when you got to know him. He'd never admit it, and he'd probably hurt you for telling, but he's a hopeless romantic when he wants to be. Tony could see why there had been others before him, and the past few days had been a whirlwind that resulted in the Agent not being able to take anything, even the patented Gibbs-stare, seriously, or cracking a smile and thinking how cute it looks and wondering why it scared him before.

It started the day Kate was killed. Tony remembered feeling like the world had ended, a devastating blow and then numbness. A freezing sensation that hurt so bad he started wishing the sadness would come back. Depression was awful, but paled in comparison to the sheer nothingness in his heart.
Gibbs had said nothing, but his usual cocky facade faded into a terrified grimace which he wore for the next few days.
After the death set in, Gibbs had gathered the team, explaining how he never had the chance to thank Kate for all she'd done, and tell her how much he appreciated her. He spoke to McGee and Abby in turn, complimenting them and telling them how much he appreciated their work. Tony couldn't help but feel a little left out but these revelations, but a solution was soon made apparent when his boss took him out of the room for what DiNozzo imagined would be a stern telling off. He figured he was going to be pinned as the fall guy, the one who "With a better ethic and attention span could've saved Kate's life!", but no.

His boss stared intently into the agent with electric blue eyes that were rumoured could pierce metal. The "demon" rested his tired hands on DiNozzo's shoulders and told him loved him with all his heart. Gibbs had been keeping it inside for a long while and didn't want to say because of work, because it would make things complicated and he didn't even know how Tony would resp-
Gibbs was cut off as Agent DiNozzo poured his feelings back into the strong man before him, pushing all his grief into a powerful and deep kiss which seemed to last an eternity. His mother used to joke that it was a kiss that was worth a thousand words, and far sweeter than any picture. If this was true, Tony wanted every word, every page of relief and passion read by Leeroy Jethro Gibbs. The man he had loved for so long, the man he thought would be forever unattainable had confessed he felt the same way, and all of Tony's problems seemed to melt away in the blazing warmth of this embrace.

"Nice to see you've settled in."
Silver hair and those familiar blue eyes peered around the door, roving the bathroom, studying the mess of clothes and bath products on the floor and finally landing on Tony's supple body, locking in on every aspect of his torso. The messy chest hair he loves to run his hands through, the triangle of flesh at his neck which makes Tony moan when he licks, and that little scar just below his shoulder which he found on last night's body patrol as Tony slept. He looked so beautiful. Gibbs just wanted his hands to follow his eyes, but he didn't want to wake his lover. He needed rest after the wild night they'd had. Gibbs was rough, as marines tend to be. His ex-wives didn't enjoy this fact, but Tony loved the burning sensation and the gentle tug of Gibb's strong hands on his hair. And Gibbs loved that Tony loved it.

"Sorry Boss." Tony replied, looking at the older man with his best puppy-dog face. Gibbs just grinned and rolled his eyes, moving over to the bath and kneeling beside him. He stroked Tony's damp hair playfully.
"You know... this bath may look small but it fits two people." The grin on Jethro's face had gotten devilish, and he had that glint in his eye that he always got before doing something he shouldn't.
DiNozzo's face flushed red and he turned away as his boss began sliding off his grey t-shirt, one of the two pieces of clothing Gibbs was wearing. The t-shirt fell to the floor and tight boxer-briefs followed.

Tony closed his eyes and let out a relaxed sigh as he felt his lover's mass behind him. Jethro's legs pushed forward through the gaps between DiNozzo and the bath and became entwined in Tony's, who responded by rubbing against the muscular limbs with his hand, in slow motion from the knee to Jethro's strong thigh.
Tony wished that everyone could see this side of Gibbs. His charming personality, of course. The romantic side of this "demon". He was proud to say that right now he was the only one permitted to see this physical side of Leeroy Jethro Gibbs, and hoped to God that wouldn't change.
Jethro slided down the bath until he could feel Tony's warm back against his stomach. He took another sponge from the bathside and soaked it in the water before carefully rubbing down his target's shoulders. As he caressed the skin, gentle wisps of steam rose from DiNozzo's body and faded into nothing.

Tony turned his head around to look at Gibbs, who leaned forward until the two lover's noses were touching. He could feel Jethro's eyes boring into him, right into his mind and soul and Tony was powerless to do anything but look back, and allow the older man in. A glare so intense that he felt weak, but so completely safe wrapped tightly inside Jethro's husky frame. He grinned and sunk down deeper into the safe haven of his partner, nuzzling into Jethro's chest, which steadily moved back and forth, accompanied by the rhythmic beating of his heart. Gibbs's eyes never left Tony's body and he followed that beautiful grin until he was looking down at the man he loved, and feeling soft hands circling his chest, the makeshift pillow which DiNozzo had made.
Placing a hand under the younger man's chin, Jethro kissed Tony, so deep that Tony gasped upon impact and felt his eyes rolling back involuntarily. His grip tightened against Gibb's flesh. As the agent felt Jethro's tongue go further, his nails clasped down on the older man, sending an arousing surge of pain to the boss's brain. He moaned, the pain forcing his eyes open for a second. Jethro was rough, that he knew, but sometimes he forgot that DiNozzo could give as good as he got.

Gibbs broke from the kiss. Even DiNozzo could sense this was with some reluctancy, but Jethro just smiled and cocked his head towards the door.
"We'd better get out before we get all wrinkly."
Tony paused.
"Oh, yeah. you're totally not already." He stuck his tongue out as Gibbs's face fell.
This was almost too easy, but he liked the cheap laughs.
"Funny guy, DiNozzo. Just wait until Monday. Hope you enjoy desk-duty." He had resorted to the Gibbs-glare for a few seconds before realising it wasn't working, and Tony's grin had only grown larger. He gave up with a sigh, and Tony let out a soft laugh and took Jethro's hands, curling his fingers tightly around his lover's and moving in for swift kiss, their lips brushing against each other, and the man's large arm wrapped maternally around his neck, protecting Tony from anything. From anyone.
Yes, this was worth it. Post-sex scrubbing was worth it. Hard, sleep-deprived days were worth it. Anything was worth sacrificing for Leeroy Jethro Gibbs. The love of Tony DiNozzo's life.
End Notes:
"Why Intimidation Never Works Anymore or A Not-So Demon Man Story"

My first fanfic ever, please enjoy! I love to hear feedback, so please don't hesitate to e-mail me!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5845