Losing a bet by mathhhh
Summary: How Kate and Gibbs really first met.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Humor
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 639 Read: 2478 Published: 10/06/2006 Updated: 10/06/2006

1. Losing a bet by mathhhh

Losing a bet by mathhhh
Author's Notes:
How Kate and Gibbs really first met.
«Caitlin Todd, you're such a mystery for me, why are you still making bets if you always lose ?»

The brunette teenager straightened her school uniform's skirt and glared at her friend before a feigned sweet smile appeared on her face.

«I'm playing for pleasure, Emily, and most of the time the forfeits are much more fun than the satisfaction of winning !»

Emily laughed at that.

«I can't believe you actually love losing ! You know, I would never have thought that digging into Sister Helen's garbage could turn you on but...»

«That, wasn't your best idea, actually !» Kate interrupted her friend, making a face at the memories, only succeeding in making Emily laugh harder. «So, come on, Emy ! Stop laughing at me and tell me, what's my sentence ?»

The blond girl took her friend's hand in hers, entwined their fingers and lead her boldly toward a bar.

«What are we doing here ? You know they won't let us drink alcohol, we're only sixteen !»

Emily rolled her eyes at Kate.

«You're such a chicken, but we're not going to drink.» They entered the bar which was still almost empty. Emily looked around slowly, searching for the perfect target when she spotted him and turned toward her friend, a triumphant smile firmly attached to her face. This would be just perfect.

«What ?»

«See the marine at the bar, right there ?»

Kate slowly nodded, she knew that smile on her friend's face too well and that never meant anything good for her or her self-esteem. She took time to really observe the man Emily had pointed. He was obviously older, maybe thirty-five, he was wearing a typical marine hair-style and from her place, she could see his eyes which were a beautiful and attractive shade of blue.

«Yeah... he must be here for the career's day at school, you know they're coming from all over the country !»

«Right ! Well... he's your sentence !»

«Huh ?»

«Nice little noise, Katie... but, yeah, he is your sentence !»

«And how so ?» She asked letting out an exasperated sigh to hide the nervoussness that always preceded the excitement of one of Emily's crazy ideas. She took a deep breath as her friend bent over her and whispered the 'mission' in her ear.


Emily smiled as she looked from afar Kate hesitantly making her way toward the marine, she also noticed the twinkling in the man's blue eyes as he briefly glanced at the young brunette and suddenly she realized that he had probably been aware of the two of them talking about him since they first entered the bar.

Kate was now standing behind the stool next to the marine, she turned toward Emily, her pleading brown eyes begging her to take pity on her. But Emily was having to much fun, she just waved at her friend, sending her back to her mission.

Kate, in front of the older man, stood on tip-toe, leaned towards him and softly kissed his left cheek before pulling back and very seriously saluting him. A deep blush on her cheek she quickly turned back and walked toward her friend who was trying to cover the hysterical laugh that would undeniably eventually explode.

«Hey, I didn't say on the cheek !»

«You didn't say on the mouth either, Emy !»

The teenagers laughed at each other, glanced a last time at their prey and, arm in arm, left the bar, a stunned marine behind them. They missed the fingers lingering on his left cheek as well as the smirk that eventually appeared on his face.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5925