Incomplete by nerwende
Summary: Alone in his apartment, Tony's thinking about Kate...
Categories: Gen Characters: Anthony DiNozzo
Genre: Song fic
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 394 Read: 1934 Published: 10/11/2006 Updated: 10/11/2006
Story Notes:
Ok people, this is my very first story so please be nice!
My mother tongue is French, so please don't be mad at me if I make some mistakes. I'm still learning!

1. Incomplete by nerwende

Incomplete by nerwende
Author's Notes:
Alone in his apartment, Tony's thinking about Kate...
Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I'm going is anybody's guess


Tony's apartment was filled with the Backstreet Boys song. Sitting on his windowsill, he sighed as he watched the silent city.
He felt alone. It wasn't the first time – he'd had a pretty lonely childhood- but tonight, it felt worst. It felt like he wasn't going to make it to the morning.

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete


He was thinking about her. She was on his mind every second of every day. Sometimes in his dreams, he went back to work and saw her sitting at her desk, teasing him about how late he was. But not once it happened. Her desk wasn't empty though. It just wasn't her desk anymore.

Closing his eyes, he saw the scene he'd been repeating in his mind over and over again.
He saw what happened that day on this roof. He saw her talk, laughing. The next thing he knew, she was lying on the ground, eyes still opened. She was gone before he could realize it.

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake


Tears start running down his face. Hell, yeah, he'd made a big mistake. He'd let her go without telling her how important she was for him. He'd wasted his time teasing her, acting like a child, hiding behind a juvenile behaviour only because he was too afraid to tell her.
Sighing again, he thought of every good moment he'd had with her, including the teasing. Not once, at the time, he'd thought it could end.

The night felt like it had been suspended while he was crying silently, thinking about the love he'd lost.
"I love you Kate" he whispered, wishing he'd said it earlier.

I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is

Incomplete
End Notes:
Ok people, this is my very first story so please be nice!
My mother tongue is French, so please don't be mad at me if I make some mistakes. I'm still learning!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5942