Meeting Her Parents by no1bean
Summary: when kate and tony get engaged they have to tell everyone and meet her parents
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 2692 Read: 3818 Published: 11/15/2006 Updated: 11/15/2006
Story Notes:
this is only my second fic. please send feedback

1. Meeting Her Parents by no1bean

2. Chapter 2 by no1bean

3. Chapter 3 by no1bean

4. Chapter 4 by no1bean

5. Chapter 5 by no1bean

Meeting Her Parents by no1bean
Author's Notes:
when kate and tony get engaged they have to tell everyone and meet her parents
Chapter 1

"Kate, I love you." Tony said. They were sitting in a fancy restaurant in D.C. He had waited so long for this moment.
"I love you too, Tony." He got off his seat and knelt on one knee
"Will you marry me, beautiful?"
"Of course I will" he slipped the ring onto her finger and gave her a kiss. Her lips felt warm on his and when she touched him he got Goosebumps all over. He sat back on his chair and finished dessert. This was the happiest day of his life and the only worry in his mind was how he was going to tell Gibbs that they broke rule 12. She was just as happy. She wondered when and how she was going to tell her best friend. She would of course ask Abby to be her Maid of Honor. She could just see her wedding day now. Her and Tony's family and friends sitting in the church. Abby and her sister would be up beside her because they were her bridesmaids. On the other side there would be Gibbs and McGee. Tony didn't often show his likeness of him but she knew that he would ask. And then there was Tony. Dressed in a black suit he would look as gorgeous as ever and hopefully he would comment with a ‘Tony' remark on how beautiful she looked. Something along the lines of "Hey sexy you look so hot" or simply just "Whoa."

The left the restaurant after another half hour. Tony opened the door of the car for her which was very unlike him. "Thanks" she said, a little dumbstruck. Tony being a gentleman just wasn't right. They sounded weird in the same sentence together.

He dropped her off at her apartment. "I'll see you at work tomorrow. I love you. " He said through the window, then he drove off. Now something was definitely weird. She had just agreed to marry him and he didn't ask for anything. The normal Tony would have wanted to come up and have sex with her all night, but all she got was a polite goodnight. Now she was worried.
End Notes:
this is only my second fic. please send feedback
Chapter 2 by no1bean
Chapter 2

"You're late DiNozzo" Gibbs shouted, without turning round, as Tony snuck into the bullpen
"Sorry Boss"
"Where the hell is Kate?"
"I'm here. Sorry I'm late" she said giving Tony a quick smile.
"Go see what Abby found on our case"
"What case?" Tony asked Gibbs.
"The one that you two didn't find out about because your phones were both off last night."
"Sorry I was on a date" the both said in unison and gave each other a smile. They stood up and raced to the elevator and when no one was looking, Tony put his arms around her from behind and took her hands, leaning his head on her shoulder.
"What are we gonna tell everyone?" Tony asked
"Dunno. McGee and Abby will be easy. It's Gibbs I'm worried about. You know how he feels about rule 12. Ducky and Palmer will be cool with it too." The elevator doors opened and they dropped hands.
"Abs"
"Tony!" she said excitedly. She was wearing her tartan skirt and her favorite black top. "And Kate. It's a fun combo"
"Thanks Abs." Kate said. "Is McGee here?"
"Yup. Where else would he be?"
"Good point. Em, we have an announcement to make. McGee! Get out here!"
"What is it Tony?" McGee asked, coming in from the next room.
"Well," Kate continued from where Tony left off "We're getting married" She told them excitedly and they moved closer together.
"That's brilliant!" Abby yelled, like she had had 12 caf-pows.
"Yeah congratulations you guys" McGee added
"What did Gibbs say?" Abby asked, seriously interested.
"We, em, haven't told him yet."
"Yeah, you guys are the first to know"
"Wow I feel so honored" Abby said proudly
"We were just going to tell Ducky and Palmer. But before we go, Abby will you be my maid of honor?"
"Of course I will Kate."
"And McGee, I'm sorry but I'm going to ask Gibbs to be my best man because I've known him longer but I would be honored if you would be one of my groomsmen."
"Sure I will. It gives me an excuse to dress up. Not that I wouldn't dress up anyway but I'd make more of an effort..."
"McGee, shut up" Abby cut him off.
"I'll se ya later." Kate told them as she and her fiancé left. "I told ya they would take it well." She muttered as the elevator doors closed.

"Ducky!"
"Caitlin, Anthony, what brings you down here"
"We have news Duck"
"What's it about" Jimmy asked curious.
"We're engaged!" it was Tony this time who told them.
"That's magnificent. What did Jethro say?"
"He doesn't know Ducky"
"You have to tell him Caitlin. I'm sure he'll be fine with you breaking the rules because you love Tony."
"You think so Ducky?"
"I know so my dear"
"Congratulations guys" Palmer said, glad of being able to squeeze a word in before Ducky started talking again.
"Thanks Palmer. Well it's the moment of truth. Time to tell Gibbs." Tony muttered, worried.
Chapter 3 by no1bean
Chapter 3

"DiNozzo, what were Abby's results?"
"On what Boss?"
"The DNA test DiNozzo. If you don't know the results then what the hell did you talk about?!"
"That's what we wanted to talk to you about."
"We?"
"Yeah. Me and Kate." He took her hand. "We're getting married and I want you to be my best man." Gibbs just had a strange look on his face. He just stared at them.
"You two. Getting married?"
"Yeah. We don't care if we are breaking the rules because we love each other" Tony had never stood up to Gibbs like that.
"Really DiNozzo?"
"Not really. We just want your blessing."
"Well," He paused "Congratulations, I would be honored to be your best man."
"Really?"
"Really"
"That's great Boss. Kate, have you told your parents yet?" he asked, turning to the beautiful woman by his side.
"No, I'm gonna phone my mum now." She said walking over to her desk.

"Hello, Todd residence?"
"Hey mum, it's Kate"
"Kate what's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong mum, I just called to tell you that I'm engaged."
"Oh Dear, that's wonderful. I didn't even know you were seeing anybody"
"I wasn't mum. I finally decided to tell the guy I was in love with that I loved him, so I asked him to dinner and he beat me to it. He told me first"
"Have I even met this fiancé?"
"Yeah, you met him last year when you visited me. He came over to my apartment. Tony DiNozzo."
"The good looking one?"
"Yeah, the good looking one."
"But you told me he was a skirt chaser?"
"He was mum but he isn't any more. Hasn't been for the past year. That's how I got suspicious that he liked someone."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. How's dad?"
"He's fine honey. He'll be excited when I tell him he's going to get another son-in-law. I just hope he likes your man as much as he likes your sister's."
"Don't worry, he will. They are both obsessed with cars. It'll give them something to talk about. I might actually get to meet my brother-in-law. I've never met him. Don't even know his name. I might have been if I was at the wedding but they eloped."
"Kate" she heard Tony say.
"Hold on a minute mum" she said, covering up the mouthpiece. "What?"
"My Dad wants to talk to you"
"I'm a bit busy right now. Tell him I'll call him" she said going back to talk to her parents. "I'm back mum"
"What was that about?"
"DiNozzo's, I mean Tony's dad wanted to talk to me."
"I hate to cut this short but I have to go. I'm have lunch with some old friends. I hope you and Tony will come down and visit. What do you think?"
"Hold on, I'll ask him." "Tony. My parents want to meet you. You up for it?"
"Sure. When?"
"When mum?"
"How's next month? Your sister and her husband will be there."
"How's next month Tony?"
"Sure"
"We'll be there. Bye" then she hung up.
Chapter 4 by no1bean
Chapter 4

The Next Month

It had been a long flight down to Georgia. It was an hour's drive from the airport to her parents' house. Kate could tell Tony was nervous. He sat staring out the window most of the drive. He was obviously worried what Kate's family would think of him.
"It'll be ok Tony"
"What?" he said coming out of his thoughts.
"It'll be ok"
"Yeah I know. I'm just worried about if they'll like me. What'll happen if they don't?"
"Nothing. They will. And anyway it doesn't matter, I love you" she leaned over and kissed him. "We're here" Kate's parents lived in quite a big house in the Georgia suburbs.
"Nice house" he commented.
"Thanks. We moved here when I was 6." They walked up to the front door and rang the bell. Kate's took Tony's hand to reassure him that everything was going to be ok. It was a man who opened the door. "Dad" Kate squealed, giving him a hug. "This is Tony"
"Hi." Tony said nervously.
"It's nice to meet you son." Kate's dad was about the same height as Tony, maybe just a bit taller. Kate had his eyes; they were exactly the same colour but he had fairer hair. It was still brown, but just lighter. "Come in. we don't want you catching a cold." It was the middle of November of course. They walked into the living room. It wasn't modern but by no means old fashioned. "Angela, they're here." A woman came out of the kitchen. She was smaller than Tony but still taller than Kate.
"Kate, honey it is great to see you. It's nice to see you again as well Tony."
"It's my pleasure Mrs. Todd."
"Please, call me Angela"
"Angela" he corrected himself.
"Laura, come out here and say hi to your sister. You haven't seen her in over a year and bring that husband of yours, Kate hasn't met him yet." Kate's sister walked out from a room to his left. She was the opposite of Kate. She had blond hair and green eyes like her mother. She obviously took after her mum and Kate took after her dad. But she was still pretty, like Kate.
"He's in the bathroom mum. Hi nice to met you I'm Laura."
"Tony DiNozzo. Pleased to meet you" Kate hadn't seen Tony be this polite for a long time, she was used to seeing him interrogate suspects though.
"Hi Kate. How are you?"
"I'm fine Laura, you?"
"Same. Ok Kate I would like to introduce you to my husband" she started, hearing the toilet flushing. "This is Gerald." Kate and Tony just stared at the former ME's assistant standing in front of them.
"Tony? Kate?"
"Gerald?" she said, just as surprised. "When did you marry my sister?"
"Two months ago. It never clicked that she was your sister Kate, I mean, I didn't know you were from Georgia."
"How do you three know each other" Laura asked.
"We worked together in D.C." Kate answered.
"Yeah. I was the medical examiner's assistant at NCIS until, em, I got shot"
"Oh baby, who shot you?" Laura asked concerned
"A terrorist. What ever happened to him?"
"Well he kidnapped me and then Gibbs shot him but then he came back and nearly put a round through my head but missed and then Gibbs finally got to kill the bastard. It's all a very long story" she said waving the question off, like it didn't effect her. "How's your shoulder?"
"It's a lot better. Still hurts from time to time."
"Not that I mean to break up the reunion but could we maybe move on to a happier topic?" Kate's mum said, obviously disturbed by al the talk of violence.
"So Tony," Gerald started "I never thought that you two would end up together. What happened to all the fighting and Tony's dates?"
"Your really helping her family like me man" Tony said sarcastically, but now even more worried.
"Sorry Tony. I figure you've given up your old ways?"
"Yeah. I've always loved Kate." He said, giving her one of his smiles that sent shivers up her spine.
"So, how is everyone? Dr. Mallard? Abby? Gibbs?"
"Ducky's fine, same as usual never stops talking, full of stories. Abby's shacked up with Probie. I don't think you met him and Gibbs is just the usual. Well, Gibbs for lack of a better way to describe him. We all think that he and the new director had something going when they were partners." Tony gossiped." And with us well, we got engaged but before that well, I got pneumonic plague, Kate nearly got shot by Ari…"
"Wait," Laura said, interrupting him, "You have plague?"
"Had. Past tense."
"Yeah ‘cause you were stupid enough to open a letter that was filled with ypestis."
"I didn't mean to Kate, anyway if you were so pissed at me why did you stay with me in isolation?"
"Well because I love you and well, I wasn't about to leave you alone with that nurse and let you infect her to, through ways I don't want to discuss in front of my parents!"
"Same as before then" Gerald muttered to himself
"What" Kate asked, hearing him.
"Your still fighting, so it is the same as old times"
"Yeah" Tony agreed with him. Everyone had started to feel uncomfortable but Kate and Tony had finished their argument and were happy with each other again.
"I hope everyone is hungry" Angela said "Lunch is ready"
Chapter 5 by no1bean
Chapter 5

The week flew by at the Todd household. They had gotten to know Tony and Kate was glad that they all loved him as much as she did. Her dad took the most convincing, but well, he was her father and in his eyes she was still his little girl that needed protection. He still forgot sometimes that she was a federal agent who used to protect the President. Kate's three older brothers had warmed right up to Tony when they took him to the firing range and he delivered 60 shots all to the head or heart of the poor paper man, he beat all three of them and they were impressed to say the least. The only other person to have beaten them was Kate.
"Well, mum, dad, I'll see you next year" Kate said, a very brief goodbye to say the least.
"Goodbye Dear" Kate's mum said, planting a kiss on her cheek "And Tony, it was nice to meet you" she said, also giving him a peck on the cheek.
"Goodbye Honey" Kate's dad said, also giving her a kiss ‘what is it with this family and kissing' Tony thought to himself. "I'm not gonna give you a kiss kid, don't worry" Tony felt like a weight had been lifted. He did not want to be kissed by another guy. "I know you don't want to be kissed my another member of the same gender" Her dad said ‘was he a mind reader?'
"Don't worry dad, Tony knows what it's like don't ya Honey. Remember that transsexual you tongued?" Tony was about to argue but when he spun around and saw the massive grin on her face.
"In my defense she, I mean he, looked like a woman!"
"Yes well Tony, it wasn't" she toyed wit him. "We better go if we don't want to miss our flight"
"Bye" Tony yelled and waved from the car. "They were nice" he told the woman sitting next to him in the car,
"Yes they are. Wait till you see them when they are drunk at Christmas." She said as she started the car, with a huge smile on her face.

The End
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6024