The Secret Daughter by no1bean
Summary: no-one but abby knew that ducky had a daughter
Categories: Het Characters: None
Genre: Action, First Time, Friendship
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate, Abby/McGee
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 26406 Read: 106789 Published: 11/17/2006 Updated: 02/04/2007
Story Notes:
tate doesn't come in untill later.i would realy appreciate feedback. chapter 12 was posted twicw by mistake. ignoe it

1. The Secret Daughter by no1bean

2. Chapter 2 by no1bean

3. Chapter 3 by no1bean

4. Chapter 4 by no1bean

5. Chapter 5 by no1bean

6. Chapter 6 by no1bean

7. Chapter 7 by no1bean

8. Chapter 8 by no1bean

9. Chapter 9 by no1bean

10. Chapter 10 by no1bean

11. Chapter 11 by no1bean

12. Chapter 12 by no1bean

12. Chapter 12 by no1bean

13. Chapter 13 by no1bean

14. Chapter 14 by no1bean

15. Chapter 15 by no1bean

15. Chapter 15 by no1bean

16. Chapter 16 by no1bean

17. Chapter 17 by no1bean

18. Chapter 18 by no1bean

19. Chapter 19 by no1bean

20. Chapter 20 by no1bean

21. Chapter 21 by no1bean

22. Chapter 22 by no1bean

23. Chapter 23 by no1bean

24. Chapter 24: the end by no1bean

The Secret Daughter by no1bean
Author's Notes:
no-one but abby knew that ducky had a daughter
Chapter 1

"You two" Gibbs said to Tony and Kate "Go home. It's been a long day. Get some sleep. I want you to be on time tomorrow."
"Ok Boss." Tony said turning away.
"Kate you need a ride?"
"No, I've got my car DiNozzo"
"Ok, see you tomorrow" he said grabbing his jacket and heading for the elevator. She moved the remaining files on her desk to the side. And turned off her computer and followed suit, grabbing her coat and running to the elevator. Gibbs just shook his head and smiled. He turned to his PC, just as the phone rang. He sighed and picked up the receiver.
"Gibbs" he said in a tired voice
"It's Ducky, Jethro"
"What is it Duck?"
"I'm just wondering when the new agent starts?"
"She's coming in tomorrow Ducky"
"Yes but do Anthony, Caitlin and Timothy know?"
"No they don't Duck. The director wanted me to get another pair of hands in and I just haven't had the time to tell them." He said weakly to all of Ducky's questions.
"Where is she from?"
"Not the States. I think she's from Scotland."
"Oh, she's a Jock"
"What has this to do with sports?"
"No" he heard Ducky laugh "A Jock as in a Scot"
"What? Yeah I suppose so. Her name is..." he paused while looking for her file "Um Sarah MacDonald."
"What?"
"That's her name Duck. What's wrong?" he asked, sensing the ME's anxiety.
"Nothing Jethro, I'll see you tomorrow" He said quietly then hanging up.
"Hinky" Gibbs muttered to himself.

"Listen up people." Gibbs said the next day, addressing all the agents in the bullpen and the best forensic scientist in the whole agency. "The Director wants more people on our team so that we can get work done quicker because we have the best solved case record of NCIS. We have a new agent joining our team today" he saw the elevator doors open he recognized the woman from her photo. "This is special agent MacDonald"

The woman walked straight into the bullpen and stopped before she got to Tony's desk. She had long, straight brown hair and blue eyes. She was slim and very pretty. She was wearing a black suit with a skirt and a white blouse. Her make-up wasn't in great quantities, she didn't actually have a lot of the stuff on, but her eyes were just dark enough to be very sexy. The four agents just stared at her but Abby jumped up yelling "Mac" and practically tackled the young woman.
"You two know each other?" Gibbs asked shocked
"Yup" Abby answered. "We met last year and practically spend the whole of last summer together." She said, her arm still around Sarah. "This is Ducky's daughter"
End Notes:
tate doesn't come in untill later.i would realy appreciate feedback
Chapter 2 by no1bean
Chapter 2

"What!" Gibbs yelled, obviously very surprised
"Yup" Abby replied, grin still on her face
"Ducky has a daughter?" Kate asked, just as surprised
"Yup" Abby repeated
"Get him up here Abs!"
"Ok" no one had actually noticed that agent MacDonald hadn't actually said anything. She just stood there watching the commotion all around her.

"Jethro" Gibbs heard Ducky say. He had exited the elevator with Abby by his side.
"Duck, why didn't you tell me she was your daughter?"
"I didn't know for sure if it was her. I didn't know who the agent was until last night but I still couldn't be sure. Do you know how many MacDonald's there are in Scotland?"
"Ok, but why didn't you tell me in the first place?"
"I didn't know myself until a year and a half ago and it just never came up." Ducky turned his attention to the woman in front of him. "Hello Sarah"
"Hi Dad" The three junior agents had all expected her accent to be exactly the same as Ducky's but it wasn't. Ducky was English but this girl was obviously Scottish.
"How are you dear?"
"I'm fine, I've got a new job and a new apartment, oh, and I think I've got a boyfriend as well."
"You think?"
"I'm not sure if we are going out anyway"
"Ok" they could all sense the awkwardness
"Well" Sarah said, breaking the silence, "Maybe I should introduce myself" she said looking at the three agents standing behind her. "I'm Sarah MacDonald" it was the youngest of the three that stood up first.
"I'm Tim McGee" he said, extending a hand. She shook it and replied
"Nice to meet you. Abby told me all about you" McGee went and sat down at his desk again, a massive smile on his face.
"Kate Todd"
"It's a pleasure, Abby has also told me lots about you. You're her best friend aren't you?"
"Yes, it is really great to meet you Sarah"
"Please, call me Mac. It was Abs that started it"
"Mac" Kate repeated. "Ok" and then she sat down as well. ‘And last but not least' Mac thought,
"Hi, Tony DiNozzo. What did Abby tell you about me?" he said with a big grin on his face
"She said that you tongued a transsexual"
"I think I'm gonna like you Mac" Kate said, joining her in front of Tony's desk. His grin had disappeared and he just had that look on his face, the one he had when Kate had said the same thing at Bethesda.
"Mac" Tony said thinking aloud "Wasn't that the name of that JAG chick? Her name was Sarah as well"
"Hinky" Mac muttered.
"We got a case" Gibbs said, re-entering the bull pen. "A dead marine at Quantico. DiNozzo, gas the truck" He said tossing the keys over McGee for Tony to catch.
"Yes Boss" Tony grabbed his bag and ran to the elevator.
"There are too many people now. Kate, MacDonald you take the Sedan. Here's your gear." He said tossing a bag at Mac. She caught it and slung it onto her back.
"Nice catch Mac"
"Thanks Kate, lets go." She walked to the elevator and held the door for Kate. She stepped in and the doors slid shut.

"So, you're Scottish?" Kate said on the way over, trying to make conversation. The guys were following them in the truck, a couple of vehicles back.
"Yeah."
"Where exactly? My great uncle is Scottish and I've visited him a couple of times in Glasgow."
"Great. I'm from Fife. If you look at the map it's the bit that looks like a dog's head."
"Nice description"
"Yeah. It's what most people say it is. It does a bit. St Andrews is in Fife. If you like golf you'll know where that is."
"Sorry, don't follow golf."
"Me neither. Think it is boring. I dinny ken why people think it's interesting"
"You what?" Kate asked, confused
"Oh right, sorry. I don't know."
"Scottish?"
"Aye. Shit. Sorry I keep forgetting that most people don't know some Scots words."
"So, what's the deal with you and Ducky" Kate rushed out the question she had been dying to ask. Mac chuckled a bit then answered.
"It's not as complicated as you might think." She began. "Well, here goes. My dad was on holiday, sorry vacation, from DC in London. He met my mother and they had sort of fling for the month he was there. She was a Scot visiting family as well. They hooked up and then went their separate ways, he back here and she back to Scotland. Little did she know that she was pregnant. She decided not to tell him. Then nine months later there was me. Well she looked after me perfectly for twenty two years then found out that she had terminal cancer. A year later she was gone. I had no other living relatives so she told me my dad's name and where he was. I finished collage and came out here to find him. Well, I did and he was wonderful to me. He treated me like he had known me all my life. I've been working as a cop in Pittsburgh and Abby told me NCIS had an opening and I should try for a job. I went for the interview and got the job. And now we're caught up to the now. Sorry, we're caught up to now, sometimes Scottish grammar can be a bit dodgy.
"Interesting story. And now there is only one more thing to say. Welcome to the team." Mac grinned and took her seatbelt off. "We're here."
Chapter 3 by no1bean
Chapter 3

"Kate, sketch. McGee, measurements. DiNozzo, bag and tag with me. MacDonald, photos!" Gibbs yelled, walking up behind the girls and under the tape. "What have you got for me Duck?"
"Well Jethro, C.O.D appears to be the stab wound, caught her femoral artery and she bled out. Based on liver temp I'd say she'd been dead about 12 hours. Yes it was a painful death. She was probably still alive when her murderer left."
"I want all of this to go back to Abby."
"I have a knife" Mac said, putting down her camera. She put it in the tube that Tony brought over and started shooting again. "Hey dad, how deep is the wound?"
"About three inches. Why?"
"Just to see if that was the knife. I had a case in Pittsburgh where we thought we had the murder weapon but it was too small. This one doesn't make sense, the knife was about six inches long. Why would you have a six inch knife and only thrust it in half way?"
"I don't know, maybe they didn't mean to kill her and regretted doing it in the middle of shoving the knife in?" Tony suggested
"Could be" Kate agreed.
"It makes some sense"
"I'll know more at the autopsy" Ducky told them "If I find no other stab wounds and Abby confirms the blood is our Major's them it is very probable that it is our weapon."
"I'm done" McGee let them know.
"Me too" Kate said.
"That makes three of us" Mac added.
"Great. Lets get the body and head back to the office" Gibbs said, walking out of the room.
"Mr. Palmer, get the gernie please."
"Yes Doctor"

"What have you got for me Abs?"
"Well, McGee, I have blood, a gun found in her apartment and some sticky stuff found on the knife. What'd you want?"
"What've you got?"
"What'd you want?"
"What've you got?"
"What'd you want?"
"A kiss for one thing" he joked. She pulled him close and kissed him passionately. "I didn't actually mean it but I much preferred that to results. Is the blood our Vic's?"
"The sample on the knife is but not the one collected from her carpet. I'm running it through the database. No hits yet"
"Sticky stuff?"
"Normal arts glue. Very, very, very, very..."
"Very, very what Abs?" McGee asked interrupting
"Watered down, it wouldn't stick two bits of paper together"
"And the gun?"
"Your not satisfied easily are you? It's licensed to a Major Louise Weaver. That's the Vic."
"Great thanks Abby. Just one more thing. I need to return a favor" he grabbed her as she had gone to him and kissed her back.
"Um, guys"
"Palmer! What the hell are you doing here!" he yelled letting go of Abby. His presence had surprised them.
"Oh Well done McGee. You've terrified him again, just like that time he accidentally super glued himself to me."
"Do you think he'll tell anyone?"
"No, you probably gave him a heart attack. Now go before you cause any more trouble" she pointed to the door and he quickly obeyed.

"Probie, where ya been?" Tony asked as McGee rushed into the bull pen.
"Nowhere DiNozzo"
"You might want to take the black lipstick off you lips" Mac said, without looking up from her desk.
"Oh, probie" Tony said, massive grin on his face, "You've been getting it on with our favourite forensic scientist haven't you?"
"Leave him alone Tony" Kate said, defending McGee.
"Why Kate? He deserves it for breaking rule 12"
"Stop being such a bastard DiNozzo"
"Calm down Kate. It's not like you've been making out with Abby. Have you?"
"Of course not DiNozzo, grow up"
"Don't you tell me to grow up Kate"
"Would you two please shut up, I'm trying to work" McGee yelled at them, very agitated.
"Go McGee" Mac congratulated him.
"Ok then let me ask you a question" he began, walking over to Mac's desk. "Are the Scottish all like they are in Braveheart?"
"Keep asking stupid questions and you'll find out" She replied just staring at him. He backed off. A little scared. Kate just laughed.
"So you don't run around with blue faces and kilts on?"
"Do I look like I do DiNozzo?"
"No"
"Then why'd you ask?"
"I was just curious" he said quietly sitting down again
"Did he do it" she heard Abby's voice behind her
"Yup"
"Pay-up" Mac passed a twenty dollar bill over her shoulder and Kate also got up and paid Abby.
"What did you have a bet on?" Tony asked confused
"When you were going to asked her about Braveheart" Abby answered for all of them. "I had today, Mac had tomorrow and Kate thought it would be the first thing you said to her."
"You thought I would last until tomorrow?" Tony asked Mac
"Nope, it was the soonest I could get, they bet before me" Tony's face fell. He would get a lot more insults now, there was an extra person and she was obviously just as good as Kate.
"Kate, McGee!" Gibbs said sneaking up behind them, "your going to Norfolk to bring in Weaver's boyfriend. MacDonald, DiNozzo, stay here and pull weaver's cell phone and credit card records and put a BOLO out on her car, she reported it stoln a couple of hours before she died. Well move!"
Chapter 4 by no1bean
Chapter 4

"Tony" it was a sweet, seductive voice. He looked round from his computer to the woman standing to his right. He was shocked to find that it was Kate, had it been that long since she left? Where had everyone else gone? Last time he checked, Mac was still sitting at her desk. She grabbed his tie and pulled him very close to her. She smelled sweet. It's weird the things you notice. She spun him round so she was closest to the desk. He was a little confused now. She ran her arms along the desk, sending everything there straight to the floor. She span him back round, he had completed 360 degrees, pushed him onto the desk and straddled his hips. "You've been a bad boy Tony"
"Yes I have" he said, playing along "I think need to be punished Kate"
"Yes you do" a massive grin came over his face. He heard a distant voice in the background.
"You need to what DiNozzo?"
"Huh?"
"Kate isn't here"
"Huh?"
"Oh my god, you were dreaming… about Kate!" Mac added, a smile coming over her face.
"I was not" Badly denying it
"You so were Tony, you had a sex dream about Kate!"
"Fine, so what if I did? Please don't tell her Mac" he begged, smile disappearing from his face.
"Why not? It's not like you love her or anything" he was such a bad liar. "Oh Jesus you do. You're in love with Kate!"
"Shhhhh, you don't have to yell it!"
"Don't have to yell what DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked, entering the bullpen
"Um, That Palmer takes Viagra" Mac said, like she wasn't bothered, quickly covering. In spite of what had just happened, Tony still managed a small smile.
"Oh" Gibbs said, for once believing them. "What have you got for me?" Tony stared with a blank look on his face. He had nothing. He had been asleep for an hour.
"Well," Mac began "I pulled her mobile records…"
"Her what?" Tony asked
"Sorry, her cell phone records and it hasn't been used in over a month. I guess she lost it or something" seeing the look on Tony's face so decided to get him in her good books. "Tony pulled the credit card records and she didn't buy anything out of the ordinary. A little food shopping, some new cloths and some movies. A couple of kids found her car this morning, it was burnt out."
"Good job people" Gibbs said, leaving.
"Mac" Tony said, obviously surprised "Thank a lot, I owe you one."
"No problem, just let me laugh at your dream"

Kate and McGee came back after another half hour. They pulled the major's boyfriend in and he was now in interrogation. Mac saw the look that Tony gave Kate and can't believe that nobody knew. She had only known them all one day and she already knew Tony's biggest secret. "Hey Mac," Kate said upon sitting down. "How's about we go out for a ‘welcome to the team drink' tonight?"
"Would love to, but I've kind of got a date"
"Ok, maybe some other time." She said a little disappointed. She wanted to know what Tony had told her. She could see that something made the both of them uncomfortable.
"I could come tomorrow though, is that Ok with you?"
"Sure. You guys wanna come?"
"Yep" Abby said, walking into the conversation. "What are we talking about?"
"A drink tomorrow night" Kate filled her in
"Sorry, can't. Going to a plastic death concert"
"Cool. Could you bring me a t-shirt?" Mac asked hopefully
"Sure. Well, bye" She said, leaving just as quickly as she had come.
"How ‘bout you DiNozzo?" Kate said, picking up the conversation where they left off.
"Can't, busy" he said shaking the question off. The less time he spent with Kate the better. He couldn't risk blurting out his feelings. It was harder to control when he was drinking. Kate seemed a little disappointed at this and Mac wondered that maybe Tony had lied; maybe something had happened between them?
"And McGee is visiting his parents. That just leaves us Mac."
"Great, tomorrow it is."
"Where's the boyfriend?" Gibbs asked coming up behind Kate. She jumped and told him that he was in interrogation. "Mac, I want to see what you can do. You interrogate him" they all looked shocked, especially Mac. Abby had told her that Gibbs only let someone else do the interrogation if he was out. She had told her that she would not get to do it for at least three months, let alone on her first day. "Well?" he stated.
"I'll be right there Boss" She said, still in shock. They all left to stand in the interrogation viewing room, all except Kate. Right at that moment, Mac's phone began to ring. She turned away from Kate, it was a private conversation. Kate picked up a file, pretending to read it, she wanted to know what was going on with her new colleague. Mac hung up the phone. "Well," she said, turning to the other woman, "Looks like I could make that drink tonight. My date doesn't get back from his honeymoon till Tuesday" she told her sarcastically and also disappointed.
"Are you to coming?" Gibbs yelled from around the corner.
"Coming!" they both yelled, catching up with the others.
Chapter 5 by no1bean
Chapter 5

"I'm worried" Mac admitted standing at the interrogation room door
"Don't worry" Kate assured her "It'll be fine" She lied and Mac knew it. She blew out and opened the door.
"Sergeant" Kate heard her say before the door closed. She walked into the viewing room.
"Sergeant," they heard her repeat "Where were you between the hours of 21 00 and 23 00?"
"At home ma'am" the young marine answered quietly.
"Anybody who can verify that?" she asked casually, playing with her PDA. Meanwhile in the viewing room, the four agents got a visit from Abby.
"I got the DNA results on the second blood type. I ran it through the military database. No match. But when I ran it through the criminal one I got a hit. A woman called Gemma Farmer. She has a DUI charge from last year." She said, very pleased with herself.
"That's good work Abs" Gibbs complimented her.
"Hey boss, why do you never compliment me?"
"You never do anything worth complimenting DiNozzo" Gibbs said, pushing past him and leaving. He left McGee and Kate with massive smiles on their faces.
"Well?" Mac asked back in the interrogation room. "Any corroborating witnesses?"
"Yes ma'am. My friend."
"You're friend have a name?"
"Yes. Gemma Farmer." Mac's PDA bleeped. The message from Kate read ‘it's her blood at the crime scene'
"So you're friend was with you all night?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Ok. I'll check on that," She told him getting up and heading for the door. The rest of the team greeted her outside. "My technique is that I ask a few questions, leave them to stew and come back later." She filled them in.
"Ok. Let's go check out our witness" Tony stated, walking off down the corridor, girls and McGee following him.

"So where were you last night Miss Farmer?" Kate asked, PDA open.
"I was at my friend's house in Richmond" she answered confused. Mac was with her and Tony was checking the garden.
"What is you're friend's name?" Mac asked
"Jacob Sanders. He is a marine. Is he in trouble?"
"Depends on your definition of trouble. Thank you for your time Miss Farmer." Mac said as she and Kate got up to leave.
"Anytime" she said, extending her arm. Kate shook it and followed Mac out.
"She's lying" Kate told Mac as they headed for the car, Tony already sitting in the front with McGee.
"Yep. She looked to her left, usually means she was fabricating an answer. Look to the right and…"
"She was recalling a memory" Kate finished for her. A sense of déjà vu hit her. She remembered having the exact same conversation with Gibbs two years earlier. "You're had profiler training?"
"Little bit. Half of it is naturally intuition." She joked, climbing into the back seat while Kate went round the back to the other side.
"Well?" Tony asked
"She lied" Kate told him, ‘short and sweet' he thought ‘very sweet' his mind drifting off topic. Mac's voice brought him back.
"She also had a cut on her arm. I saw the plaster from under her shirt when she shook you're hand" She told Kate.
"Her what?" McGee asked
"Oh sorry. Her band aid, is that right" She asked, looking for confirmation
"Close enough" DiNozzo told her, pulling away from the pavement.

"What did you find?" Gibbs asked as they returned.
"She's lying Boss" McGee told him.
"They always do McGee, Mac go ask our friend sergeant Sanders some more questions."
"Aye, ok" She said walking off
"McGee, pull the sergeant phone records, DiNozzo, credit card records Kate go help Abby. She says things will go faster with an assistant. Go!" the all walked away, quite quickly.

"Finally" He uttered as she entered interrogation.
"Sorry sergeant, got held up." He scoffed at her and she gave him a stare that could compete with Gibbs'. "You lied to me Jacob." She stated, sitting down.
"No, I didn't"
"Yes you did. You told me you were in all night with your friend"
"I was"
"We paid her a visit. We told her we found her blood at the crime scene and when we told her, she said she was there around ten. With makes your alibi invalid."
"She's lying"
"No you are sergeant" She said getting agitated. Standing up and placing her hands on the table and leaning forward.
"Ok. Here's the deal. We went there but left. I had to tell her we were breaking up. I love Louise but I love Gemma more"
"Sit here and shut up" she said walking out of the small room and down the corridor.

"He and Farmer were there" Mac told them as she entered the bullpen.
"How'd you get him to admit that" Tony asked
"It's a Scottish thing"
"So you beat his head in with a mace" ‘Jesus, what is it with him and Braveheart!' Mac thought.
"On a totally unrelated subject Tony, "She began "I believe that dream analysis is a great thing. How ‘bout you tell all of us your latest dream" She said, throwing a glance at Kate.
"It doesn't matter" he said shrinking away, leaving the others confused.
"What I thought" Mac said, sitting down.
"It's been a long day, go home get some sleep. I want you all here tomorrow" Gibbs said as he entered. They all got up and headed for the elevator.
"We still on for that drink Mac"
"Hell yes" she said as the doors closed.

Knock, knock. Mac was standing at Kate's door, picking her up for their drink. She stood there for two minutes then started to get suspicious. Her suspicions were confirmed when she heard something break inside. She drew her weapon, and not wanting to make an enemy, she quickly jimmied the lock instead of breaking down the door. Gun held in front of her, she ran slowly, checking for a disturbance. She found the smashed dish on the floor and a noise coming from the bedroom. The door was half open so she stood and listened. "Dear God," she heard, assuming that Kate was talking to someone. "I don't know what to do" ‘does it sound like there is someone else?' Mac thought to herself. "I've been having these feelings for Tony, I think I'm in love with him" ‘oh, Jesus' Mac thought. ‘There is no one here. She is praying' she tried to announce herself but couldn't. She just stood there and eavesdropped. She told herself not to and that it was wrong but she had to hear what Kate was going to say. ‘I'm an evil little son of a bitch' she thought to herself. "I know he doesn't feel the same way," Kate continued "But when he smiles at me I go all shivery. I mean…" this was it; she had to announce herself,
"Um, Kate"
"Oh crap, Mac what are you doing here"
"Sorry to come in but when you didn't answer the door I got suspicious and then I heard something smash and…"
"No it's ok. I didn't here the door and I dropped a dish. So, erm, to the point. What did you here?
"Pretty much all of it. I'm sorry"
"No it's cool, as long as you promise not to tell Tony"
"I won't" She said, recalling the same promise she made to him. "But I think you should"
"Mac I can't. think of the embarrassment on both parts. It will be too weird after words"
"He might say it back" She told her, knowing that he would.
"He won't and I couldn't face him if he rejects me." Mac was finding it really hard to keep her promise to Tony.
"Don't worry about it. Well let's go get a drink. After this, I could use it."
Chapter 6 by no1bean
Chapter 6

The next day Tony was the last one in. he was surprised to find that Abby was sitting at his desk. "My computer isn't working. McGee is fixing it" she said without being asked.
"Ok" he said walking over to sit down at Mac's desk.
"Do it and I will bash your head in with a mace" she said sneaking up behind him
"Oh, Jesus Mac! You scared me"
"Scare easily don't we?"
"Shut up" Tony was surprised by her attire. He, Kate and Gibbs shifted from formal to casual on a regular basis. McGee was always formal and Abby was always casual. He had expected Mac to be like McGee, always formal but she wasn't. She had switched from a suit to Jeans with a Scotland T-shirt and a black suit Jacket.
‘What was with Tony?' Kate thought. ‘He seems to act weird around Mac. Maybe he has a crush on Mac instead of me? I haven't known her that long but she knows my biggest secret and she seems like a nice enough person not to do anything with him. Then again I might be wrong'
"Listen, Mac" Tony said, pulling her aside. "I know you and Kate went out last night. Did you happen to tell her what you found out?"
"Do you not trust me?"
"I do but I also know what can happen when people drink"
"Look, I don't drink and I was driving anyway and no. I didn't tell her."
"Thank god" he said, moving back into the bullpen with the others.
"Abs, that's your computer fixed"
"Thanks McGee. Mac, you went out for a drink last night. I can't go tonight but how ‘bout tomorrow night?"
"Sure Abs. I'll talk to you later."
"Why are you still sitting on your ass MacDonald? Sanders has been interrogation all night. I think he is ready for our final interview." Gibbs said sitting down. Mac picked up on the word ‘final' and left, just as she had done the previous day.

"What the hell!" he yelled as she entered. "I've been in here all night bitch!"
"Calm down jackass. The only reason you were in here all night was because you failed to co-operate. Sit down" she said the last part slowly. A command, not just an order. He slumped in his chair as she took to hers. "I just want to run over what you said happened again" she told him. "So you went over to Miss Farmer's house?"
"Yes"
"Then you went to Major Weaver's house."
"Yes"
"Did no one have a problem with you dating an officer?"
"They did in the beginning ma'am but we got over it."
"Ok then. So you broke up with Major Weaver"
"Yes" he said, getting pissed off.
"And she was angry"
"Yes" they were both raising their voices to a point where they could be heard down the corridor. They had stood up and were face to face.
"She wouldn't stop yelling"
"Yes"
"So you killed her"
"Yes" realizing he had just confessed he went nuts he shoved the table out the way and attacked her but she was too quick. She slammed his into the wall and cuffed him. "You have been pissing me off all this time. Do you have something against black people?"
"No you prick, I have something against murderers. When the two other agents joined her she just told them to, "Get this bastard out of my sight."

"Nice work Mac" Tony said as they all greeted her in the hallway.
"Thanks DiNozzo"
"He's right. For being the new girl, you did good" Gibbs agreed.
"I take it that's a complement from him?" she asked Kate
"Yup"
"DiNozzo, go pull in Farmer. Ask her why she lied to us" Gibbs told him. They all walked past Mac except McGee.
"Why don't they call you Probie?" he asked.
"I guess it is because you came straight here. I have worked in law enforcement before."
"So if I had become a cop then moved here…"
"They probably wouldn't call you that" she said, following where the others went, leaving him on his own.

The next day was uneventful. Paperwork all day. By 19 00 they were all so tired and bored they begged Gibbs to let them leave. "Please boss." Tony groveled."
"Fine!" the older man growled. "But be late tomorrow and you'll be spending it looking for another job." They all left and Mac's phone began to ring.
"MacDonald"
"Hey Mac," it was Abby "Pick me up at nine ok."
"Cool. See you then" she finished, hanging up.

"Abby" she said knocking on the door.
"Hey Mac. Come in. My neighbour is here so I'll be five minutes"
"Ok" she said, closing the door behind her.
"Gary, come out here I want you to meet someone" Mac looked round and saw the man in front of her. She reacted instantly but unfortunately so did he. He reached for his weapon and drew it 1 second before she did.
"ABBY DOWN!" she yelled and Abby dropped between them. She heard 3 shots from two different guns. The all happened in one second but when she stood she saw Gary lying on the floor, lifeless. Mac had double tapped the area between his eyes. But she had also been hit. She was up against the wall clutching her left shoulder. There was already blood all over her shirt and hands. She couldn't take it any more and slid to her left all the way to the floor, leaving a massive blood smear. Abby ran to her, picking up the phone and dialing 911. Grasping a towel she applied pressure to the wound. Within five second she was also covered in her friend's blood. ‘Thank God she was still conscious' Abby thought.
"Hello. I need an ambulance. 1439 N Maple Avenue, Falls Church, Virginia. My friend has been shot." Mac heard the woman say something but couldn't make it out. "Ok" and with that she hung up the phone. "It'll be ok Mac. Help is on the way"
"Abs, tell my dad" Mac grumbled
"I will. Don't worry" Mac managed a smile and they both sat there waiting for the ambulance.
Chapter 7 by no1bean
Chapter 7

The ambulance arrived 15 minutes later. Mac had lost a lot more blood and her T-shirt was almost completely red. Abby's arms were covered in blood up to her elbows because she had tried to stop the bleeding. Mac had passed out from loss of blood. Abby rode in the ambulance and called Ducky while they were driving; he was going to meet them at the hospital.
When they arrived, Ducky was already there. He had brought along Gibbs. The paramedics rushed right by them and into the trauma centre. "Abs" abs said as she ran to them. He pulled her into a warm embrace and tried to stop her crying.
"I tried to stop the bleeding but it just…it just wouldn't stop" she sobbed hysterically.
"I'll find the bastard who did this"
"I already know who did this Gibbs" she answered "He's lying dead on my living room floor. She got him but he got her too"
"Who is he Abigail?" Ducky asked. He seemed surprisingly calm for finding out that his daughter had been shot.
"I doubt he gave me his real name but he said it was Gary Johnston." They all were silent for a moment then Ducky got a funny look on his face.
"Gibbs, do you have your PDA?" Gibbs handed it over to him. "I think I know who it was." he wrote down the name,
GARY JOHNSTON
And muddled the letter around and turned the PDA around. It now read,
SONNY H JAGOR
"Who is that Ducky?" Abby asked
"The bastard that killed Sarah's grandparents. Massacred them right in their own home"
"That's terrible" Abby said,
"I know. Sarah investigated but the bugger walked on circumstantial evidence. He disappeared and was never seen by us again. Well, until tonight"
"Abby what happened!" it was Kate. She and Tony were walking towards them.
"Abs, you ok?" it was Tony this time. She had forgotten she was covered in blood.
"I'm fine. The blood isn't mine. It's Mac's. she lost a hell of a lot of it."
"Doctor." Ducky had noticed the man coming up behind Abby. She spun around to look at him. He was in his late 40's with thinning blond hair and brown eyes.
"We stopped the bleeding, she should be ok but is still unconscious."
"Thank you Doctor." Gibbs said.
"You're welcome. You can see her in a couple of hours. Feel free to take a seat in the waiting room just now"
"Thank you"
"You can clean up in the restrooms miss. Down the corridor to your left" he told Abby, seeing her arms. He smiled and turned to walk away.

McGee arrived after another 15 minutes. Apart from Abby and Ducky, they had only known Mac for three days, but they were worried. They felt connected. She was new but she was still one of them. Family. After an hour the doctor came back out and told them they could go in and see her. Ducky and Abby went in first, followed closely by Tony and Kate then Gibbs and McGee. She was awake and Abby jumped on the bed, giving Mac a hug. "I'm glad you're ok" she said, not letting go.
"I wouldn't be if it wasn't for you. Thank you Abby."
"Well if it wasn't for me you wouldn't have been shot in the first place."
"Yes but you might have. You didn't all have to come down" she said, turning to talk to the whole group.
"You may be new but you are still one of us" Kate told her.
"It was him Dad"
"I know Sarah. His name was an anagram. Gary Johnston turns into Sonny H Jagor. At least he is gone now my dear"
"Yes but not without leaving his mark" she said, gesturing at her shoulder.

They left after another 15 minutes. The nurse said Mac needed to rest. She stayed in the hospital for the rest of the week. She got out on the Friday but had to stay at home for another 3 days. She came into work Monday morning. She was wearing a sling and wasn't allowed to do field work until it came off. "We have a dead sailor at Little Creek."
"Damn"
"What is it?" Gibbs turned round when he heard her voice.
"I have to stay here"
"Go help Abby or something." He said. "She could use it when the evidence comes in."
"Score"
"Tony, gas the truck." He tossed the keys at him.

"Abby"
"Mac, you're back. And in honor, I'm going Scottish."
"Nice kilt" Abby was wearing a tartan mini skirt. "Gibbs said I could help. I can't go into the field."
"Shame. You're good out there. But you are also very good in here"
"I know. I have my degree in criminology."
"Great. What do you want when the evidence comes in?"
"Ballistics. If there are no bullets and no guns, I'll take DNA."
"Brilliant. I'll take the computer stuff, you take physical stuff to begin with."
"Deal"
Chapter 8 by no1bean
Chapter 8

"Abs, what have you got for me?" It was Gibbs. He had returned from the crime scene 3 hours earlier with a box of evidence for her and Mac to test.
"What do you want Gibbs?"
"What do you want?"
"Well, a caf pow for one…" he brought one out from behind his back.
"Gibbs, you're a mind reader" she said spinning back round to the computer, big grin on her face. "Mac tested the 9mm. bullets match. It is the gun that killed her. Angle of trajectory shows that the fatal wound was self-inflicted. I nearly have the tape done. It was pretty messed up."
"How long?"
"About 5 seconds" she laughed. "I bet she didn't know there was a camera there."
"There she is." He said seeing the woman enter. "The place is deserted"
"Yup. Here you see her pull out the gun, look around, turn around and shoot. As you can see she fired twice. Second shot missed and hit the camera. It was new so it had the tape inside. That's how it got mucked up."
"That's good work Abs"
"Thanks Gibbs but Mac helped"
"So it was a suicide. I'll tell her parents" he said sadly, leaving the lab.

"Nice work on the gun MacDonald"
"Thanks boss" she said, a bit surprised.
"Turns out it was a suicide"
"Does that mean I can leave?" Kate asked "My flight to Indiana leaves in two hours from Dulles and I still need to check in and everything. You know how busy it can get around Thanksgiving."
"Ok. Have fun" Gibbs said reluctantly.
"Bye Tony"
"Bye Kate" he said, watching her leave and giving out a sigh. Realizing what he had done, he spun around to see if anyone had noticed. Only Mac had. She had a big grin on her face; she shook her head in a joking way and returned to her computer. An IM message popped up on Tony's screen. It read:
Scot112: Ah love
He replied:
Sexmachine124: if you don't stop you're going to give it away.
Scot112: Calm down. I really think you should tell her.
Sexmachine124: I can't, I couldn't face her after.
Scot112: don't be stupid, she might say it back.
Sexmachine124: Don't you be stupid. She thinks I'm a skirt chaser.
Scot112:That's cause you are eejit.
Sexmaxhine124: what?
Scot112: idiot. Read it aloud
Sexmachine124: oh right
He laughed out loud and didn't mean to.
"What are you laughing at?" it was Kate. She had forgotten her keys and was picking them up.
"Nothing." He said throwing a glance at Mac. With that, she burst out laughing as well. ‘Something is defiantly going on between them.' Kate thought. ‘I thought she was nice. She found out my secret and still slept with him. Bitch.'
"Bye Guys." she said, leaving. "Mac." She said coldly, causing her to look up. Kate just walked away and Mac just looked at Tony in a ‘What did I do?' way and he shrugged, just as confused as her.
"Can I go too Boss? My flight leaves as well."
"Mine too."
"Be late when you come back and you won't be coming back ever again."
"Yes Boss" the two male agents said, leaving.
"How ‘bout you?" he said, indicating to Mac.
"I'm not doing anything. It isn't my holiday."
"Ok well I'm gone." He said , picking up his jacket.
"Leave me on my Norman then." She said sarcastically.
"Your what?"
"My own, sorry"
"Ok" he said, following suit of the others and leaving. Mac decided to go see Abby.

"Hey Abs"
"Mac, I was just leaving" she said, pulling on her coat.
"Everyone is gone"
"You could come with me to New Orleans"
"What?"
"I have a spare ticket. My brother has to get a later flight, he was held up."
"Will it be ok with your family?"
"You are like family to me so it'll be ok. Go home now. Pack clothes for 3 days and meet me at the airport"
"Cool" she said rushing out. She was surprisingly excited.

"Welcome to New Orleans!" Abby said as they stepped out of the airport. Abby's Dad had sent a cab to pick them up. It took half an hour to get to the house. When they arrived, Abby's parents were standing on the doorstep. They gave her a hug and Abby introduced them. She felt the need to tell Mac everything she signed. "Abs, you do know I sign right?"
"No I didn't, how stupid am I?"
"Last thing you are is stupid Abs. you're a genius."
"Thanks Mac" Mac introduced herself at this time.

*sign conversation*

"Mr. and Mrs. Scuito. It's nice to meet you. I'm Sarah MacDonald. Call me Mac."
"Nice to meet you Mac, and please. It is George and Sophie."
"Ok"
"Mum, Dad, let's go inside."
"So Mac what do you do?"
"I'm a special agent at NCIS but I have my degree in criminology so I help Abby sometimes."
"Great, what did you do to your arm?" it was Abby's dad this time.
"I got shot in the shoulder."
"Yes, she saved my life"
"I did not. I told you to get out of my line of fire"
"Lets get a drink" Abby's mum signed, breaking up the argument.

* end sign conversation*

Mac's Phone began to ring. "Excuse me" she aid standing up "MacDonald"
"Mac, it's Tony" he was whispering
"What is it DiNozzo?"
"Here's the deal. I told my aunt Julia I had a fiancé and she wants to talk to her. I couldn't ask Kate because that would be too weird. You were next in my phonebook.
"Oh brilliant. Second on the short list."
"Well I told her she was foreign so that pretty much singles you out."
"I'll take that as a complement"
"Any way. Please Mac. Here she comes."
"Hello?"
"Yes. Are you Tony's aunt?"
"Yes are you his fiancé?"
"I am"
"Do you love him?"
"Of course I love him. I wouldn't be engaged to him if I wasn't" Meanwhile the DiNozzo house phone rang.
"Mark DiNozzo"
"Mr. DiNozzo, it's Kate Todd. I work with your son Tony. Can I please talk to him for a moment?" ‘This was it she thought. She was drunk and was going to tell him she loved him'
"Hold on. He is on his cell just now. Could you wait a few minutes?" Tony's Dad walked into the room where Tony and Julia were standing. He heard Julia say ‘bye' and hand Tony the phone. She walked past him and through the door. She was still in earshot she Tony said:
"Ok Mac. See you soon honey." Unfortunately Kate heard this through the earpiece of the other phone. "What is it dad?"
"Co-worker on the phone" he said, handing it to him.
"DiNozzo" there was no one on the other end so he hung up, saying "ok"

"Sorry about that" Mac said, returning to the room. BANG! Abby and Mac spun around, but Abby's parents couldn't hear it. Someone or something had fallen over, making a huge noise. Mac drew her weapon and another from inside her jacket, tossing it to Abby.
"Are you laying them?" Abby asked jokingly. She knew Mac had another at her ankle.
"Wish I was. Painful but I could make a fortune on e-bay." She joked, heading for the back room. They both entered and were shocked at what the found. Abby's brother Chris, lying face down on the floor, cut and bruised and bleeding from a stab wound to the abdomen.
Chapter 9 by no1bean
Chapter 9

"Shit, Abby call an ambulance" Mac said rushing over to Chris. "Abs now!" Abby just stood there staring "ABBY!" Mac yelled, taking his pulse. He was alive and from what she could tell, breathing. "I can't get anywhere with this bloody sling on" she said, undoing it and throwing it to the side. Abby came out of her trance, pulled out her cell phone and called for an ambulance, just as she had done when Mac was hurt. He was bleeding but not as much as she had been. Mac picked the sling up and used it to apply pressure to try and stop the bleeding.
"They'll be here in 5 minutes"
"Abby, help me put his up against the wall." They partially lifted and partially dragged him and lent him up against the wall. She pushed the sling into the wound with the heel of her hand of her good arm.
"I'll go tell mum and dad" she said running out of the room. "The ambulance is here." She said when she returned after several minutes, the paramedics followed her. They put him on a gerny and took him to their vehicle.
"Abs, ride with him. I'll follow with you're parents"
"Thanks" she aid, giving her a quick hug and running to get George's car.

"Mr. and Mrs. Scuito?" the doctor asked.
"Yes" Abby answered for them.
"Your son suffered internal bleeding" Abby signed to her parents.
"Um, they're deaf." Mac explained.
"Ok" she said nodding
"They want to know if he'll be ok." Abby asked for them.
"He should be fine. I want to keep him in for a week for observations."
Beep, beep. Beep, beep. It was the doctor's pager. "Excuse me. I have to take this." She said starting to run to the nearest elevator.
"Hey doc! Can we see him?" Abby yelled after her.
"Sure, go right in" she yelled back.

"Hey Chris" Abby said upon seeing her brother in the hospital bed. He was really pale and looked like he had just woken up.
"Hey Abs. Mum, dad and…um?"
"Oh, this is Mac, she works at NCIS with me."
"Hi" he said.
"Hey" Mac was surprised how similar to Abby he was. He was very good looking with Abby's eyes. While her hair was black, his was brown.
"Nice to meet you Mac"
"Same here Chris" he smiled at her and she smiled back. There was a moment of silence and Abby coughed to break it. They looked away from each other and back to Abby. "Abs, I'm gonna phone Gibbs, tell him what happened. You gonna stay here longer?"
"Yes, he'll understand"
"Cool, I'll tell him. I'm catching the next flight back to D.C. glad to see you're ok Chris. See ya later"
"Bye Mac" Abby said.
"Bye" Chris said. "See seemed nice" he said once she was gone. "Cute too"
"Ohh Chris has a crush"
"I do not" he said going red.
"Liar"

"Gibbs, its Mac."
"What do you want?"
"Just FYI, Abby is staying down here, her brother is in hospital."
"Is he ok?"
"He will be"
"I'll get someone to fill in for her."
"I'll do it"
"You sure?"
"Yes, it'll be great. Please?"
"Fine"
"And Gibbs…" she began, but there was no one there. "I hate it when he does that"

Mac went back up to the room. "Hey, where is everyone?" Chris was the only one there.
"They went down to the cafeteria to get me something to eat."
"Ok it's just to say that I'm leaving. I have to go to the airport."
"Oh, that's a shame"
"Yes, Duty calls."
"Well, um. I'd like to get to know you better. Em, give me a call some time." He said handing her a card. "Personal numbers are on the back" it read:

Dr. Christopher Scuito
Alexander Grace Hospital
555-179-225

"Thanks. Um, here is mine." She said pulling one out of her pocket and handing it to him. Hers read:

Special Agent Sarah MacDonald
Naval Criminal Investigative Service
555-137-579

"My personal numbers are also on the back." ‘Well, this is awkward' she thought. "IM me anytime. Well bye" ‘Totally mucked that up' she though, leaving the room. Inside, he thought the same thing.

"Hey guys" Mac said as she entered the bullpen a couple of days later.
"Hey Mac" said Tony
"Hi" it was McGee this time. Gibbs wasn't there and Kate just ignored her.
"Good morning Mac. Yes, I'm fine. How are you" she spoke to herself, kind of offended.
"You're late MacDonald."
"Sorry Boss. Got held up at the airport"
"Go to the lab. You're filling in for Abby right?"
"Yup. Bye Guys"

"Abigail?"
"She's not here Dad. Stayed with her brother in the hospital in New Orleans."
"My, will he be ok?"
"Yes. He's getting out this week and Abs will come back when he does." She was sitting at Abby's desk, playing on the computer. "Oh, she's IMing me now"
Vamp966: Hey. What's going on?"
Scot112: Nothing much Abs. how's you brother?
Vamp966: Got out today. I'm taking him home and coming back.
Scot112: cool.
Vamp966: indeed
Scot112: lol
Vamp966: Chris wants to talk to you.
Vamp966 logged off
Greeneyes14 has joined
Scot112: Hey Chris, how you doing?
Greeneyes14: fine how are you?
Scot112: Great
Greeneyes14: Glad to hear it. Um, if it isn't too much trouble I'd like to ask you a question
Scot112: shoot
Greeneyes14: how bout dinner?
Scot 112: wait you're asking me out?
Greeneyes: look I knew you'd say no. it doesn't matter
Scot112: no Chris, I'm not saying no I am just surprised
Greeneyes14: so you're saying yes?
Scot112: I guess I am. I would have preffered a face to face thing but I'd be glad to. When?
Greeneyes14: two weeks on Sunday. That's when I get back
Scot112: cool. It's a date. C ya then
Scot112 has logged off
Greeneyes14 has logged off.

Ring, ring
"Hello, forensics?"
"Be prepared for evidence MacDonald. We have a case bitch" and with that, Kate hung up. ‘What the hell is up with her?' Mac thought, preparing the lab. She didn't care what kind of a mood Kate was in. She had a date with Chris Scuito.
Chapter 10 by no1bean
Chapter 10

"Mac! Evidence!"
"Oh Tony. You're to kind" she said laughing and taking the box from him.
"Gibbs wants that fast" Kate surprised them by the door, then turning and walking away.
"Do you know what the hell I did to offend her?"
"No but I'll try and find out." He said, running and squeezing into the elevator with her.

"Kate, what did Mac do to you?"
"You wouldn't understand Tony."
"Try me Kate." He said moving closer to her so he could look right down into her eyes. She looked back into his and normally she would have melted, but she was too pissed off.
"It's a private matter."
"You can trust me"
"I'm not telling anyone. She found out by mistake. And um, Tony" she said changing the subject. "Do you want to go to the new Chinese place just off the navy yard tonight?" ‘Holy shit did I just ask him out?'
"Oh, Kate I would love to. But I kind of have a date."
"Oh" she said. ‘Don't look disappointed, don't look disappointed, don't look disappointed.' She told herself. "Cool. Maybe some other time" she said exiting the elevator. ‘handled that well' she thought. And the truth was, she had.

They all returned 5 hours later in search of results. "What have you got Mac?" Gibbs asked.
"Well, no hit off the print from the gun. I'm still running it through AFIS.
It is defiantly the murder weapon though. The blood is also going through the database to ID our John Doe. As for the CCTV, I'm no Abby but I managed to pull this up." She said putting the image on the plasma. "The guy keeps his face hidden all the time but he slips up once. I caught his reflection in a window as he passed. I blew it up and I'm running the facial points through the terrorist database."
"How long for the results?"
"a couple of hours at least."
"Fine" he said walking out, Tony was the last to leave. He spun around, giving her two thumbs up. She smiled and went back to the computer.

"It reminds me of the time I was in Malaysia…"
"Cut the stories out for now Duck." Gibbs said entering autopsy. "What have you got?"
"Well, Jethro. Cause of death is the two gun shot wounds to the heart. His x-rays show signs of beating. But the wound have completely healed."
"Oh, Ducky, you know what that means."
"I'm afraid I do. He was beaten as a child." He explained to the rest of the group.
"Bastard" he heard Kate mutter as she followed Gibbs out.

"Gibbs" he answered his phone an hour later. "Ok" he hung up. "Tony, put the lab on the plasma" he did and they all saw Mac there.
"Hey I got a hit on both the print and the DNA. The print from the gun matches a Murphy Baker. He is in the terrorist database. It was quicker because I had a name. he is half Iraqi and half Irish. His brother was a suicide bomber, killed last year. Our John Doe is a Petty Officer 1st class Alan Dawson. He witnessed Baker's father murder two women. I hear motive. I did some research, Interpol said her entered Italy two days ago. That's the day after what Dad said TOD was."
"That's good work Mac" Gibbs said, cutting off the video feed.
"You know what this means Boss" Tony said. "We're going to Italy"
"No, two of you are going to Italy. Undercover."
"Oh I really think…"
"Oh come on…"
"I'm the best choice boss…" they all argued at the same time.
"I know" Gibbs said. "We'll let Mac choose."
"Oh great" Kate muttered. She knew who Mac was going to pick. Herself and Tony.
"Mac," McGee said putting her on speakerphone. "You get to choose two people to go to undercover in Italy."
"Oh well. Um ok. I choose Tony and Kate. Come on down guys, I'll make you some ID's" she said hanging up. The only one that wasn't surprised was Tony.

"Name?" Mac asked Tony.
"Um," he thought
"I'm saying Yilmaz would be too much." She laughed.
"Um, James"
"Cool. Profession?"
"You can never go wrong with insurance salesman."
"Fine. Background"
"Let's say Navy. Dishonorable discharge"
"Right. How ‘bout you Kate? How about Catherine. That way if Tony slips up and calls you Kate you can get away with it."
"Ok. I'll be a librarian."
"Fine" Mac laughed.
"No military background"
"Cool and you're a married couple right? Surname?"
"Fox?" Tony asked Kate
"Fine with me." She wasn't really paying attention. She was going undercover as Tony's wife! The phone broke her train of thought.
"What is it Gibbs?" Mac said, putting it on speakerphone.
"MacDonald, you're going to Italy as well. We need someone there for surveillance. You all leave tomorrow" he said hanging up.
"Perfect" she said, sarcastically.

"Where you off to?" McGee asked Mac, seeing her all dressed up.
"I have a date." It wasn't actually a date. She was video conferencing with Chris from her laptop.
"Oh Mac, about that…" Tony said, pulling her to the side. "Chris called. You weren't there so I answered…"
"Wait, you answered my phone?"
"Yes, sorry" he said.
"you couldn't have called me up you just answered it?"
"Look Mac, shut up. He can't make your ‘date'. He said sorry and he'll see you next week."
"Ok, but don't answer my phony again"
"Sorry" he said, going and sitting down again.
"Need any help McGee?"
"I thought you had a date?"
"No he cancelled." she ‘she is such a bitch.' Kate thought. ‘I'm standing right here and they are talking about their date? He doesn't know but she sure as hell does. What a bastard'
"No Mac I'm fine"
"Cool. Bye guys. I have a bag to pack." she headed off towards the elevator. ‘This is it.' Kate thought. ‘That son of a bitch is rubbing it in my face'
"Mac" Kate yelled running after her.
"Yup" Mac said, spinning towards the voice.
Kate swung and they both felt it connect. There wasn't enough power behind it id knock Mac over but it sent her reeling. She was quick so she blocked the next two attempted punches and Tony pulled Kate away before she could land a forth. Mac brushed her hand over her left cheek and when she looked down she saw blood. Kate's ring had scratched her. Tony was still holding Kate back.
"You say anything about a cat fight DiNozzo and you'll lose your family jewels" she said, brushing past him and into the elevator.
Chapter 11 by no1bean
Chapter 11

"Ouch" Mac yelled, pulling away from her father.
"Sorry Sarah" he said, pulling to the edge of the autopsy table. He was giving her stitches. "Well you refused the painkiller"
"I did not, you didn't have any"
"Oh yes, that's right" he said, giving out a chuckle. "I know you dear, you would normally fight back"
"Yes I would. I didn't want to look guilty and you know, I didn't was to aggravate her. She was very pissed off."
"I suppose that is true. Ok. You're done"
"Thanks dad. See you when I get back from Italy." She said. Giving him a peck on the cheek and grabbing her coat.

"Hey guys" Tony said, walking into the terminal. McGee was standing in between Mac and Kate; he was looking nervous and very uncomfortable.
"Now boarding, flight 125 to Rome from gate 5" a woman's voice said over the intercom.
"That's us. Let's go" Mac said, picking up her bag and walking away.
"Mac, don't forget the gear!" McGee reminded her, handing her a black case.
"Thanks McGee" she said, taking it off him and walking towards security, pulling out her bag and weapon permits. The guard waved her around the metal detector and walking away.
"Come on Tony" Kate told him
"Yes Dear" he joked. She threw him a look but secretly she was loving it.

"I LOVE ITALY!" Tony yelled, stepping out into the heat. It wasn't scorching but it was a hell of a lot warmer than D.C. at this time of year.
"Come on DiNozzo. Let's get to the hotel" Mac rushed him.
"Jesus, what's eating you?" it wasn't what was eating her but what she had eaten. She could have sworn the pizza on the plane was bad. She picked up the equipment and sat in the back of the cab.

"The hotel is quite nice" Kate commented walking into the room. They had managed to get the one that looked into Baker's house across the street. They had a laser microphone and a camera. Just like the one they had on the Cmdr Voss case. "Maybe we should get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow."
"Thought you'd never ask Mrs. Fox."
"Funny" Kate said to him, looking over her shoulder. They all went to separate rooms and shut the doors in unison.

"Mr. Baker I have your guns" Tony said the next day. He and his ‘wife' were posing as his new suppliers.
"You better not disappoint me Jimmy boy." Tony couldn't place his accent. Irish, Iraqi and something else.
"We wont" Kate assured him.
"And you are very suspicious Mrs. Fox. You don't seem like the type. What is your profession?"
"I'm a librarian"
"A librarian? Oh perfect. Someone who knows what they arte talking about." He said, but his tone implied the opposite.
"Where do you think I learned so much?" she whispered in his ear.
"And you don't look married" ‘God, there is just no pleasing this dude' Tony thought.
"Lie" Mac said through his ear piece. They only had one. The other was broken.

*flashback*

"What do you mean it is broken Mac!"
"I mean it isn't working Kate!" Mac yelled back.
"Look guys…"
"Shut up Tony!" they both yelled at him and he backed off.
"Look we still have Tony's"
"Oh yes, drinks are on me" she said sarcastically.
"Well, it's the best there is Kate!"

*end flashback*

He didn't say anything. "Um, ok then" Mac said, thinking aloud. "Um, kiss her!" she yelled at him.
"You want proof of marriage? I'll give you proof." He pulled Kate's arm and swung her into a passionate kiss. ‘Hold back on the tongue, hold back on the tongue' he told himself. ‘Is that hers?' it was. She had gotten carried away and was actually kissing him. This went on for about a minute. "Um, Tony?" he heard Mac say. "Too much, pull back" he did so.
"That wasn't a married kiss. I know you aren't who you say you are"
"Shit Tony. We've got two armed thugs coming in the front" Mac warned him. She abandoned her post, grabbing her sig on the way.

"Hey Doc"
"Hold on a minute Doctor White"
"Who's that?" he looked up. It wasn't his fellow doctor, but Mac.
"I thought you were in Italy?"
"I was. My flight just got back." She walked over to him and pulled his up, a hand coming under his belt. She pushed him up against the wall and into a passionate kiss. She drew a knife from her ankle holster and slid it down his torso, cutting all the buttons off his shirt and then dropping down and undoing his zipper with her teeth. She popped back up and whispered a single word in his ear.
"Chris"
"Chris" he voice deepened and the accent changed. He lifted his head off his desk with a yell. "Jesus, what's up with you?" Dr Paul White said. The older man sat in front of his desk.
"Um, nothing." His hair was all over the place so he pulled out a comb and started to tidy it up. "Are you looking for the chart?"
"Yes do you have it?" Chris started raking around on his desk. It was his first day back at work and he had a lot of paperwork to do. "I want you to take a look at this patient with me."
"Ok" Chris aid trying to get up but he fell back into his seat.
"Dude, have you got a hard on?"
"Yes" he said, reluctantly.
"From what?" his fellow physician laughed.
"Look here's the deal. I had a sex dream about this really great girl, we have a date tomorrow night."
"Good on you man. Is she hot?"
"Very"
"Ok. I'll leave you to it" he said, laughing and walking out.

Tony saw both men run in, guns blazing. He and Kate both pulled out their weapons and managed to take them both down. Tony heard Kate pull the trigger once more and then the click of an empty chamber. Baker took his chance. He grabbed Kate round the waist and held his own weapon to her head. "Say goodbye to you wife Mr. Fox" Tony didn't have to. He had seen Mac enter and aim.
"You say it first"
"What?" he heard the shot before he felt it. Mac had hit the back of his head and Tony saw the bullet explode out his forehead. He dropped dead to the ground, letting go of Kate. She wiped the blood off her face and turned to Mac.
"Thanks" she said, very reluctantly. "I could have got out of it myself." Kate brushed past her and across the street to the hotel, Mac just looked at Tony and he gave her a look which she translated to: ‘don't get me involved.' He left as well. They packed up the gear and headed for the airport.

"Good old freezing D.C." Tony said sarcastically, heading for baggage claim. He stood there for an hour then he went up to the desk. Everyone but the three of them had left. "Excuse me, my bag isn't on the conveyer belt."
"What is your name sir?" the man behind the desk was young and blond. He looked new.
"Anthony DiNozzo"
"We have no record of your bag being on the plane Mr. DiNozzo"
"What!"
"We will try and locate it for you as soon as we can."
"Fine" he said walking away.
"That's harsh man" Mac said, patting him on the shoulder then picking up her own bags and hailing a cab.
Chapter 12 by no1bean
Chapter 12

"DiNozzo. Big D little i big N little ozzo." He aid to the woman on the phone. Mac just laughed at him. "Look, my bag was lost on one of your flights. I just want to know when I can get it back. No. no, don't put me on hold. Aargh!" he yelled, slamming the phone down on the desk.
"That's hard luck man" Mac told him.
"Yes it is"
"Not a very good airline then. The food made me ill"
"Yup. Maybe we should sue"
"Don't be stupid. Mac Donald." She said, picking up the phone. "Cool. I'll come visit soon" she hung up. "Abby's back. I'm gonna go see her." She said standing up.
"Tell her I'll come down later"
"Ok" she said, heading for the elevator.

"Abby!"
"In here." She yelled back "God, what happened to you?" she said upon seeing her stitches.
"Oh, Kate hit me"
"Really? It is so out of character.
"Yes well I apparently pissed her off somehow."
"What did you do?"
"That's just it. I don't know."
"Oh well"
"How is Chris?"
"Fine. I hear you have a date"
"Yes. Is that ok with you?"
"I think it's great"
"Really?"
"Sure. If you get married, you'll be my sister."
"Slow down. We haven't even had our first date yet."
"What are you doing for it?"
"He is cooking"
"Lucky you. He is a brilliant cook."
"Yes. He's doing it at my place"
"Oh, and who knows where that can lead" she hinted.
"Shut up Abs" she said, nudging her. "Got to go. Tony says he'll be down later." She said, turning and walking away.

"Mac Donald, where is your incident report for Italy?" Gibbs asked ten minutes later.
"It's on your desk Gibbs" she informed him.
"Good, I'll read it tonight."
"Right, bye Guys. See you tomorrow." They all said goodbye, apart from Kate.

She heard a knock at the door. She opened it and saw Chris standing there, a bag of food in his hand "Hey Chris"
"Hey Mac, wow you look great." She was wearing jeans and a red silk top. He was wearing black trousers and a light blue shirt. "I love your place" he admired, it was quite big. It was mostly open planned and modernly furnished. "You did a good job of covering up those stitches."
"Obviously not good enough"
"No. A normal person wouldn't have noticed but I know what stitches look like."
"I suppose so. What are we having?"
"Lasagna. Is that alright?"
"Brilliant. Kitchen is down there" she said, pointing to her left.
"Great, I'll get started."
"Can I help?"
"If you want. It could be fun."
"Thanks." She said, following him to the kitchen.

"Chinese take out. Brilliant" Kate said as she opened the door. Tony was standing there holding a carrier bag. She smelt the food and he walked past her, headed for the couch. "Beer?"
"Great, got any DVD's?" he asked, genuinely interested.
"Have a look. Cabinet under the TV."
"Cool. Fight Club"
"Put it on if you want"
"Ok" he said, excitedly.

The end credits came on and Kate switched the TV off. She saw Tony turn around and stick out his hand. ‘What is he doing' she thought. He reached for her neck and turned her cross, which she always wore, the right way round. "Well I better get going" ‘ask him to say. This is your chance' she told herself.
"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow." She said, walking him to the door.
"Yes" he said and walked toward the elevator. She shut the door and banged her head repeatedly on it.
"Stupid, Stupid, Stupid." She muttered to herself before turning off the lights and heading for bed.

Mac woke up and felt heat on her back. She rolled over and found Chris, head resting half way up her spine. She ran her fingers though his hair and reached for her watch on the bedside table. "Shit, I'm late" she said and rushed to the shower. When she emerged from the bathroom, already fully clothed, Chris was just putting his on. "Hey, sorry. I'm running late. Help yourself to some breakfast and then let yourself out. I'll se you later" she said, giving him a quick kiss then rushing out.

"Sorry I'm late Gibbs. It is like a car park on the Beltway"
"Ok" he said, not really listening. "I'm going to see Ducky." He got up and left.
"I know that look" Tony said to Mac. They were the only ones there. McGee was with Abby and Kate was in the head. Tony had already told her this after Gibbs left.
"What look?" she said innocently. She knew damn well what look.
"That happy one. You got layed last night"
"Could it not just be that I got a good nights sleep."
"Was is?"
"No"
"I knew it"
"I dunno what you are saying. You are the one that is in love with Kate. Spent the whole night with her and didn't do anything."
"Shut up Mac and stop trying to get me worried."
*Cough. Cough* it was Abby. She had a weird look on her face and they both knew she had heard the whole conversation, or at least the bit about Kate. "Abby" Tony said, obviously worried.
"Erm..." she said, finding her voice.
"Abby?" Mac asked
"Yes?" she was in a daze. "This is great, does Kate know?"
"No and she isn't going to find out" he ordered them.
"Ok" Abby assured him. "McGee owes me 50 bucks" Abby said to herself, walking away.
"Tony, I am so sorry" Mac told him.
"It's ok. They would have found out sooner or later" he walked over and answered his ringing phone. "DiNozzo"
"Mr. DiNozzo, we have located your suitcase. You can pick it up today."
"Thank you, I'll be along soon. Bye" he hung up. "Mac, will you give me a ride to the airport? They found my bag"
"Sure. Anything after what just happened." She said, grabbing her keys.

"What the hell?" Tony said to Mac as they were driving along. They had come upon a fight. Both got out and split it up. A couple of teenagers, arguing very physically about something. They both took one, Tony the bigger and older of the two. He fought back, hitting Tony with something. She heard him give out a whimper before cuffing the guy. They handed both of them over to the local LEO's who had just arrived. "Let me see that" Mac said to Tony. He pulled his arm out of his shirt. "That must hurt. I'll take you to the hospital. Looks like you broke your clavicle." She phoned Chris from the car. "Hey, I'm coming down to the hospital with Tony. Some kid hit him with something. I'm no doctor but I think he broke his clavicle. Ok" Tony could only hear one side of the conversation but he got the jist of it.

"Yep, you were right" Chris said, looking at the x-ray. "Broken clavicle. Will take a while to heal" he said, putting a sling on him.
"Thanks Doc. Got to go. I have to get my bag from the airport."
"Maybe you should stay over night"
"No Doc, I'm fine."
"No he's right Tony" Mac said "I'll pick up your bag."
"No, they need a signature."
"And you don't think I can fake your signature?" she joked. "Fine, but you are not driving. She you later Chris" she said, walking out behind Tony.

"Wait in the car" he told her, leaning through the window. "I'll be 20 minutes at most" after 30 Mac got suspicious., she started pacing and then sat on the bonnet of the car, debating, whether or not to go inside when a women ran up to her. She had obviously seen her badge.
"I think I recorded a man being kidnapped" her accent was foreign. She handed a video camera to Mac and she pressed play. The tape showed and older man and a young boy standing in front of a plane that was about to take off. They camera swung to the side and it showed two men bundling another into a car. The kidnappers were big guys and the victim was hurt. A sling on this right arm.
"Tony" Mac said, worried. Her partner had just been kidnapped.
Chapter 12 by no1bean
Chapter 12

"DiNozzo. Big D little i big N little ozzo." He aid to the woman on the phone. Mac just laughed at him. "Look, my bag was lost on one of your flights. I just want to know when I can get it back. No. no, don't put me on hold. Aargh!" he yelled, slamming the phone down on the desk.
"That's hard luck man" Mac told him.
"Yes it is"
"Not a very good airline then. The food made me ill"
"Yup. Maybe we should sue"
"Don't be stupid. Mac Donald." She said, picking up the phone. "Cool. I'll come visit soon" she hung up. "Abby's back. I'm gonna go see her." She said standing up.
"Tell her I'll come down later"
"Ok" she said, heading for the elevator.

"Abby!"
"In here." She yelled back "God, what happened to you?" she said upon seeing her stitches.
"Oh, Kate hit me"
"Really? It is so out of character.
"Yes well I apparently pissed her off somehow."
"What did you do?"
"That's just it. I don't know."
"Oh well"
"How is Chris?"
"Fine. I hear you have a date"
"Yes. Is that ok with you?"
"I think it's great"
"Really?"
"Sure. If you get married, you'll be my sister."
"Slow down. We haven't even had our first date yet."
"What are you doing for it?"
"He is cooking"
"Lucky you. He is a brilliant cook."
"Yes. He's doing it at my place"
"Oh, and who knows where that can lead" she hinted.
"Shut up Abs" she said, nudging her. "Got to go. Tony says he'll be down later." She said, turning and walking away.

"Mac Donald, where is your incident report for Italy?" Gibbs asked ten minutes later.
"It's on your desk Gibbs" she informed him.
"Good, I'll read it tonight."
"Right, bye Guys. See you tomorrow." They all said goodbye, apart from Kate.

She heard a knock at the door. She opened it and saw Chris standing there, a bag of food in his hand "Hey Chris"
"Hey Mac, wow you look great." She was wearing jeans and a red silk top. He was wearing black trousers and a light blue shirt. "I love your place" he admired, it was quite big. It was mostly open planned and modernly furnished. "You did a good job of covering up those stitches."
"Obviously not good enough"
"No. A normal person wouldn't have noticed but I know what stitches look like."
"I suppose so. What are we having?"
"Lasagna. Is that alright?"
"Brilliant. Kitchen is down there" she said, pointing to her left.
"Great, I'll get started."
"Can I help?"
"If you want. It could be fun."
"Thanks." She said, following him to the kitchen.

"Chinese take out. Brilliant" Kate said as she opened the door. Tony was standing there holding a carrier bag. She smelt the food and he walked past her, headed for the couch. "Beer?"
"Great, got any DVD's?" he asked, genuinely interested.
"Have a look. Cabinet under the TV."
"Cool. Fight Club"
"Put it on if you want"
"Ok" he said, excitedly.

The end credits came on and Kate switched the TV off. She saw Tony turn around and stick out his hand. ‘What is he doing' she thought. He reached for her neck and turned her cross, which she always wore, the right way round. "Well I better get going" ‘ask him to say. This is your chance' she told herself.
"Yes, I'll see you tomorrow." She said, walking him to the door.
"Yes" he said and walked toward the elevator. She shut the door and banged her head repeatedly on it.
"Stupid, Stupid, Stupid." She muttered to herself before turning off the lights and heading for bed.

Mac woke up and felt heat on her back. She rolled over and found Chris, head resting half way up her spine. She ran her fingers though his hair and reached for her watch on the bedside table. "Shit, I'm late" she said and rushed to the shower. When she emerged from the bathroom, already fully clothed, Chris was just putting his on. "Hey, sorry. I'm running late. Help yourself to some breakfast and then let yourself out. I'll se you later" she said, giving him a quick kiss then rushing out.

"Sorry I'm late Gibbs. It is like a car park on the Beltway"
"Ok" he said, not really listening. "I'm going to see Ducky." He got up and left.
"I know that look" Tony said to Mac. They were the only ones there. McGee was with Abby and Kate was in the head. Tony had already told her this after Gibbs left.
"What look?" she said innocently. She knew damn well what look.
"That happy one. You got layed last night"
"Could it not just be that I got a good nights sleep."
"Was is?"
"No"
"I knew it"
"I dunno what you are saying. You are the one that is in love with Kate. Spent the whole night with her and didn't do anything."
"Shut up Mac and stop trying to get me worried."
*Cough. Cough* it was Abby. She had a weird look on her face and they both knew she had heard the whole conversation, or at least the bit about Kate. "Abby" Tony said, obviously worried.
"Erm..." she said, finding her voice.
"Abby?" Mac asked
"Yes?" she was in a daze. "This is great, does Kate know?"
"No and she isn't going to find out" he ordered them.
"Ok" Abby assured him. "McGee owes me 50 bucks" Abby said to herself, walking away.
"Tony, I am so sorry" Mac told him.
"It's ok. They would have found out sooner or later" he walked over and answered his ringing phone. "DiNozzo"
"Mr. DiNozzo, we have located your suitcase. You can pick it up today."
"Thank you, I'll be along soon. Bye" he hung up. "Mac, will you give me a ride to the airport? They found my bag"
"Sure. Anything after what just happened." She said, grabbing her keys.

"What the hell?" Tony said to Mac as they were driving along. They had come upon a fight. Both got out and split it up. A couple of teenagers, arguing very physically about something. They both took one, Tony the bigger and older of the two. He fought back, hitting Tony with something. She heard him give out a whimper before cuffing the guy. They handed both of them over to the local LEO's who had just arrived. "Let me see that" Mac said to Tony. He pulled his arm out of his shirt. "That must hurt. I'll take you to the hospital. Looks like you broke your clavicle." She phoned Chris from the car. "Hey, I'm coming down to the hospital with Tony. Some kid hit him with something. I'm no doctor but I think he broke his clavicle. Ok" Tony could only hear one side of the conversation but he got the jist of it.

"Yep, you were right" Chris said, looking at the x-ray. "Broken clavicle. Will take a while to heal" he said, putting a sling on him.
"Thanks Doc. Got to go. I have to get my bag from the airport."
"Maybe you should stay over night"
"No Doc, I'm fine."
"No he's right Tony" Mac said "I'll pick up your bag."
"No, they need a signature."
"And you don't think I can fake your signature?" she joked. "Fine, but you are not driving. She you later Chris" she said, walking out behind Tony.

"Wait in the car" he told her, leaning through the window. "I'll be 20 minutes at most" after 30 Mac got suspicious., she started pacing and then sat on the bonnet of the car, debating, whether or not to go inside when a women ran up to her. She had obviously seen her badge.
"I think I recorded a man being kidnapped" her accent was foreign. She handed a video camera to Mac and she pressed play. The tape showed and older man and a young boy standing in front of a plane that was about to take off. They camera swung to the side and it showed two men bundling another into a car. The kidnappers were big guys and the victim was hurt. A sling on this right arm.
"Tony" Mac said, worried. Her partner had just been kidnapped.
Chapter 13 by no1bean
Chapter 13

"Pickup, Pickup, Pickup." Ma muttered to herself. She was breaking every traffic rule ever invented while rushing back to NCIS.
"Gibbs"
"Gibbs, Tony was kidnapped"
"What!"
"Yes. Two big guys shoved him in a van at the airport. A tourist caught it on a video camera"
"Get back here as fast as you can"
"I am…" he had hung up.

"I'm here Gibbs."
"MacDonald, get that tape to Abby and help her."
"Ok" she said, rushing off.

"Abby!"
"Mac" she gave her a big hug. "Thank God you're ok"
"Yes. Well it's not me I'm worried about. It's Tony"
"I know. Have you got the tape?"
"Yes." She said, handing it over." Abby put it into the machine and put it on the 3 screens.
"You do something on that screen and I'll do something on this screen"
"Ok" she said, getting to work.
"Why were you at the airport anyway?"
"Tony was getting his bag back. His car was in the shop."
"Ok. It is a big thing about Kate and Tony though"
"I think we owe it to him to not talk about it"
"Sorry. I'll change the subject. How was your date?" she said slyly
"It was brilliant but is this really the time?"
"It will get my mind off of what is happening to Tony"
"Ok then. We had dinner, he let me help cook…"
"Wait he let you help? He never lets anyone help. He must really like you." Mac got a big grin on her face.
"Wait" she said spotting something. "He takes his mask off when he gets in the car, could you pull it up?"
"I can. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes" she said throwing her hand into the air. She managed to get a clear image of the man's face.
"I know that face." Mac told Abby. "Pull up the Baker file." She did so. Mac went through the photos on the screen and stopped at the one she was looking for. "Raneen Shakir. Murphy Baker's father."

"Gibbs" Abby yelled, putting him on speakerphone. "One of the kidnappers is Baker's father."
"That's good work Abs" he said hanging up.
"Hey Mac. I tried to call Chris last night. He didn't pick up. What time did he leave yours?"
"About 8 I think"
"Wow, that's early. Was it a school night?" she joked.
"A.M. Abs." Mac said, leaving with a smile on her face.

"Jethro" it was the Director.
"What is it Sir" Gibbs said to the man in front of him
"I want you to investigate a burned body on the Marine base."
"Sir, my team is busy looking for Tony. Can't you put another team on it?"
"I could, but I want yours, you are the best"
"But Sir…"
"Just do it Gibbs" he said, turning and walking away.

"Get your gear. We got a body."
"Shouldn't we be looking for Tony Boss?"
"Do you think McGee? That is why MacDonald is staying here. She's helping find him"
"Sorry Boss"
"Never say you're sorry, it's a sign of weakness"
"Sorry Boss." He said, the elevator doors closing.

"That was Ducky" Abby said, hanging up. "He says the body is back and he wants you to take a look."
"Ok. I'll see you later Abby" Mac said, walking away.

"Dad!" she said when she arrived in the basement.
"In here" she heard him call.
"Holy shit. What happened?" she said, seeing the body. He was burned beyond recognition.
"The poor fellow was shot and then burned. Based on the placing of the bullet, I'd say he was alive when the flames got him. You poor man"
"Did you manage to get any DNA?"
"Surprisingly I did. Jimmy is taking it up to Abigail."
"Great. Much evidence at the scene?"
"No he was found in a clean room"
"Seriously? How'd you figure that?"
"I have no idea. That is your job"
"True. See you later Dad"

"Gibbs, you brought me no evidence." Abby said, disappointed.
"Sorry Abs, this was all there was.
"A shoe print? All the evidence there, only a shoe print?"
"Afraid so. He was found in a clean room"
"Excuse Gibbs. At least I can try and ID Mr. Fire."
"Mr. Fire?"
"Yes, that's what I've named him."
"Ok"
"I'll call you when I have something"
"Thanks Abs" Gibbs said, leaving.

"Kate just sat and stared into space. Mac walked into the bull pen and started raking through Tony's desk. "What the hell are you doing?" She yelled, shocked.
"Looking for my PDA. I think DiNozzo took it"
"You are raking through his desk?"
"Yes. So. He did it to mine. Thank God, found it." She said, closing the drawer.
"Stop arguing" Gibbs ordered them, standing in between. "Abby thinks she got a DNA match. Come on"

"Abby!"
"Hold on a minute oh handsome one." She said to Gibbs. "I nearly have the file. I do have the file. Give me a second to pull it up.
"Oh Shit" Mac muttered. They looked at the photo and then the first line. It read

Name: NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo
Chapter 14 by no1bean
Chapter 14

Gibbs just stared at the plasma. Mac ran her hands through her hair and Kate collapsed into fits of tears on Abby's shoulder. McGee was trying to stay strong but he wanted to cry. Sure, Tony was mostly mean to him but he was still a friend. "I'll go tell Ducky" He said.
"Thanks Tim" Gibbs said. "I'll tell his Dad" Mac's phone rang.
"MacDonald." She tried to act normal but they could all here the wobble in her voice.
"Hey Mac, we still on for Dinner?" it was Chris.
"Sorry Chris. Could I take a rain check? Tony's dead." She wanted to cry there and then. She had only known him two months but they were close. She felt so sorry for Kate. She had just lost the love of her life nad he didn't even know how she felt about him or vice versa.
"I'm so sorry Mac. How is Abby taking it?"
"Not very well, I'll see you later. Bye" she put the phone away and turned to the group.
"That didn't go well" Gibbs said, also hanging up. "He cried. He is coming to D.C. tomorrow to clean out his apartment and collect the body. They are going to have the funeral here. Kate, will you take care of it? You knew Tony best."
"Of course." She couldn't believe it. Tony. Gone. She hadn't even told him that she loved him. That was the one thing she had always wanted to do. Dead. How could he be dead? Maybe if she had asked him to stay that night he would have spent the next day with her. Maybe doing it in the interrogation room, he might not have gone to the airport and might not be dead.
"Go home." Gibbs told them. It was too much for all of them to take, even him. They exited the lab and into the elevator.

The next morning they were all on time. The office was so quiet without Tony. No one was doing anything, just looking at his now very empty desk. No cases came in and they were all glad for it. After lunch they resumed the staring. The only difference was that Kate wasn't there. She had gone to the head and not come back. Mac went to see if she was ok. "Kate?" there was no answer. All the cubicles were empty.
"Where's Kate?" McGee asked when she returned.
"I don't know"
"I have good news." The Director said. "Shakir was found dead this morning."
"That's something" McGee said. "I hope he hit the roof and then was bounced into the 9th ring of hell."
"The roof!" Mac said quite loud, making a discovery.

*flashback*

"When I found out my brother died, I spent the whole day on the roof crying. Kate said.

*end flashback*

"Kate?" Mac said, opening the door to the roof. The rain was coming down like it was the end of the world. Mac saw Kate standing there, staring off into the distance. "Kate, what are you doing?" there was no reply.
"I loved him" she finally said.
"I know"
"He was a good man" she yelled over the rain and thunder.
"He was a good agent, a great man" Mac backed up what Kate had said. She saw the glint a second to late. She felt the pain in her stomach where the knife had plunged into her.
"How dare you say that after what you did!" Kate yelled in her ear. "You knew I loved him and you still did it!"
"What?" Mac managed to moan.
"You are the most evil thing to ever walk this earth. You are the devil and deserve to rot in hell!" she said, twisting the knife. She withdrew it and saw that up to and past the hilt was covered in blood, it was even on her hand.
"Kate, what are you talking about!" Mac said, as loud as she could manage, which wasn't very. Kate hit her, like she had done before but this time Mac did go to the ground.
"Merry Christmas!" she screamed at her, slamming the door, causing it automatically to lock, Mac still on the other side.

"Oh my God Kate you must be freezing" Abby said as Kate entered her lab. She grabbed the blanket from the futon and gave it to her.
"Thanks Abby"
"I think it would be ok to tell you this now. Tony was in love with you. I found out yesterday. He and Mac were talking about it. You know all the looks and laughs you were suspicious about?" Kate nodded. "Well, that was Mac teasing him about it. There was nothing going on between them." A look of worry came over Kate's face.
"Oh God what have I done?"
Chapter 15 by no1bean
Chapter 15

She was losing strength and blood by the minute. She had tried to break down the door, had tried to shoot the lock off and had pounded on it till she hurt herself. She was soaked to the bone and had blood everywhere. She was about to start pounding again when the door flew open. Kate was standing there. Mac drew her weapon. "You come near me you psycho and I swear you're dead."
"Mac, I'm so sorry, it was all a huge mistake." What should she do? Trust the woman who did this to her and hopefully live or be really stubborn and have nothing to do with her, risking death? She looked genuinely sorry and held out a hand. Mac decided to take her chances; she let Kate pull her up. Kate put an arm around her waist and Mac put her arm around Kate's shoulder and they headed for the car.

"Help!" Kate yelled as they entered the hospital. Mac had passed out in the car.
"Agent Todd" it was the doctor that had treated Mac when she was shot.
"Dr White, she was stabbed."
"Chris, help me with this girl" the younger doctor ran over to help his colleague.
"Mac?" he said upon seeing his patients face.
"You know her?" Dr White asked surprised.
"Yes, we're dating."
"Wait, Mac has a boyfriend?"
"Yes who are you?"
"Kate Todd. Who are you?"
"Chris Scuito"
"Chris Scuito as in Abby Scuito?"
"Yes, you know my big sister?"
"Yes she is my best friend. Mac is dating Abby's brother?"
"Yup." wow, she had no idea how big a misunderstanding it was. Chris put Mac in an ER.
"Hey" Mac said, coming to again. "What happened?"
"You were stabbed Mac"
"Yes I got that but how did I get here?"
"Passed out Mac" Kate told her.
"Oh right." They gave her an anesthetic and she was out like a light.

When she woke she was very groggy. She couldn't feel her midsection and noticed there were a lot of people in the room. Chris was sitting holding her hand. Kate was sitting in the corner, looking worried; McGee and Abby were with her. Gibbs was standing next to Ducky and was arguing with some cops. "She is one of us. I want to investigate!"
"We have orders for us to investigate!"
"Why don't you ask her?!"
"I will when she wakes up!"
"Shows how much attention you pay!" Gibbs yelled at him.
"I want NCIS to investigate" she told the young cop.
"Fine" he said, storming out.
"So what happened Mac?"" Mac looked at Kate. She couldn't do it.
"I went up to the roof to look for Kate. We couldn't find her. She wasn't there." Kate looked up, very shocked. "But this really creepy guy was. Brown hair, blue eyes about 5' 11''. He knew he wasn't supposed to be there. I drew my weapon, announced myself. I went to escort him out and he stabbed me, looked me up there. I don't know why Kate came up but thank god she did, I would have died otherwise."
"I'll tell that LEO. It'll make him happy." He said, leaving with Ducky. Chris went to check on his other patients and Abby and McGee went to the cafeteria.
"Why'd you do it?"
"I couldn't let you go to jail, no matter what you did.
"I owe you one."
"Just don't stab me again" she joked
"Deal. I'm surprised Gibbs believed you."
"I used rule seven."
"Always carry a knife?"
"No, always be specific when you lie."
"Oh right. I have to go. I have to get my outfit for Tony's funeral" she said solemnly.
"Yes. I've already got mine"
"I'll let you rest" Kate said, turning to leave.
"Kate?"
"Yes?"
"Why did you stab me?"
"I thought you were sleeping with Tony."
"After I knew you loved him? Hoe evil do you think I am?"
"Did you not hear my rant on the roof?" Mac smiled and rolled over to sleep.

A ringing phone woke her. "MacDonald" she answered, not really awake. The message made her sit upright.
"Ma…t's…ony…I'…live…hel…!"
"Who is this?"
"Ac…elp…me…I'm…ali…!" the phone cut off. Mac removed the black rose from on top of her laptop and connected the two. She performed a reverse trace which came back to a Maryland address. She grabbed her clothes, got changed then snuck out.
Chapter 15 by no1bean
Chapter 15

She was losing strength and blood by the minute. She had tried to break down the door, had tried to shoot the lock off and had pounded on it till she hurt herself. She was soaked to the bone and had blood everywhere. She was about to start pounding again when the door flew open. Kate was standing there. Mac drew her weapon. "You come near me you psycho and I swear you're dead."
"Mac, I'm so sorry, it was all a huge mistake." What should she do? Trust the woman who did this to her and hopefully live or be really stubborn and have nothing to do with her, risking death? She looked genuinely sorry and held out a hand. Mac decided to take her chances; she let Kate pull her up. Kate put an arm around her waist and Mac put her arm around Kate's shoulder and they headed for the car.

"Help!" Kate yelled as they entered the hospital. Mac had passed out in the car.
"Agent Todd" it was the doctor that had treated Mac when she was shot.
"Dr White, she was stabbed."
"Chris, help me with this girl" the younger doctor ran over to help his colleague.
"Mac?" he said upon seeing his patients face.
"You know her?" Dr White asked surprised.
"Yes, we're dating."
"Wait, Mac has a boyfriend?"
"Yes who are you?"
"Kate Todd. Who are you?"
"Chris Scuito"
"Chris Scuito as in Abby Scuito?"
"Yes, you know my big sister?"
"Yes she is my best friend. Mac is dating Abby's brother?"
"Yup." wow, she had no idea how big a misunderstanding it was. Chris put Mac in an ER.
"Hey" Mac said, coming to again. "What happened?"
"You were stabbed Mac"
"Yes I got that but how did I get here?"
"Passed out Mac" Kate told her.
"Oh right." They gave her an anesthetic and she was out like a light.

When she woke she was very groggy. She couldn't feel her midsection and noticed there were a lot of people in the room. Chris was sitting holding her hand. Kate was sitting in the corner, looking worried; McGee and Abby were with her. Gibbs was standing next to Ducky and was arguing with some cops. "She is one of us. I want to investigate!"
"We have orders for us to investigate!"
"Why don't you ask her?!"
"I will when she wakes up!"
"Shows how much attention you pay!" Gibbs yelled at him.
"I want NCIS to investigate" she told the young cop.
"Fine" he said, storming out.
"So what happened Mac?"" Mac looked at Kate. She couldn't do it.
"I went up to the roof to look for Kate. We couldn't find her. She wasn't there." Kate looked up, very shocked. "But this really creepy guy was. Brown hair, blue eyes about 5' 11''. He knew he wasn't supposed to be there. I drew my weapon, announced myself. I went to escort him out and he stabbed me, looked me up there. I don't know why Kate came up but thank god she did, I would have died otherwise."
"I'll tell that LEO. It'll make him happy." He said, leaving with Ducky. Chris went to check on his other patients and Abby and McGee went to the cafeteria.
"Why'd you do it?"
"I couldn't let you go to jail, no matter what you did.
"I owe you one."
"Just don't stab me again" she joked
"Deal. I'm surprised Gibbs believed you."
"I used rule seven."
"Always carry a knife?"
"No, always be specific when you lie."
"Oh right. I have to go. I have to get my outfit for Tony's funeral" she said solemnly.
"Yes. I've already got mine"
"I'll let you rest" Kate said, turning to leave.
"Kate?"
"Yes?"
"Why did you stab me?"
"I thought you were sleeping with Tony."
"After I knew you loved him? Hoe evil do you think I am?"
"Did you not hear my rant on the roof?" Mac smiled and rolled over to sleep.

A ringing phone woke her. "MacDonald" she answered, not really awake. The message made her sit upright.
"Ma…t's…ony…I'…live…hel…!"
"Who is this?"
"Ac…elp…me…I'm…ali…!" the phone cut off. She got out her laptop and connected the two. She performed a reverse trace which came back to a Maryland address. She grabbed her clothes, got changed then snuck out.
Chapter 16 by no1bean
Chapter 16

"Mac, get your meds" Chris said, entering the room. "What the hell!" he yelled, seeing the empty bed. "Where did this patient go?" he asked the nurse outside.
"I don't know"
"Hey Paul!" he yelled, seeing the other doctor. "Mac's gone"
"What? How did she get out?"
"I have no idea, I'll ask Ross." He said, walking to the entrance of the hospital. "Ross, did you see a patient leave? 5' 9", brown hair, blue eyes, very beautiful and Scottish."
"Yes, she left about an hour ago."
"Thanks man." He said, pulled out his phone and dialed speed dial 2.
"NCIS, forensics, Abby speaking, you're on the air"
"Abby, it's Chris."
"Hey"
"Mac is gone"
"What!"
"She snuck out of the hospital."
"Why didn't you stop her?"
"I just found out"
"Find her Chris!" she yelled, hanging up.

"Autopsy" Ducky answered the phone.
"Dad"
"Mac, I heard you went AWOL."
"That's cause I did."
"Where are you?"
"I can't tell you. I just wanted to know, did Tony have any broken bones?"
"No, will you be back for his funeral?"
"Of course, see you later" she said, placing the phone back in her pocket. Her wound was really hurting. The pain killers had worn off, but she could stick it out. She had to find

"Mr. DiNozzo, thank you for coming." Kate said as he entered the bullpen. His eyes were puffy from crying, as were hers.
"Call me Mark"
"Well Mark, I know it must be difficult, it is for all of us."
"I recognize your voice."
"Yes, I called at Thanksgiving"
"The one who pretended to be Tony's fiancé?"
"No. was that what she did?"
"Who"
"Mac"
"Well that seems to be a hot topic" Abby said, walking up behind them.
"What'd you mean?"
"She's missing"
"What, like Tony was."
"No, she ran away from the hospital."
"Why would she do that?"
"I dunno. Chris says by now, that she would be in a lot of pain."
"She's stubborn. She'll make it." Just then, Kate's phone rang. "Agent Todd"
"You're next Miss Todd"
"Who is this?"
"Lets just say, an old friend" she would recognize that voice anywhere.
"Ari, you bastard. You killed Tony!" she yelled, but there was no one there.
"Did you say Ari?" Abby asked her.
"Yes, I'll worry about him later. Come on Mark. Lets go to Tony's place and get his stuff.

It was much tidier than Kate imagined, it was large with a big TV. ‘Surprise, surprise' she thought. "Here's a picture of you two" Mark said, picking up the frame. It was a good photo, taken last year by McGee. His laptop sat in the corner. There were a couple of pictures and figures but apart from clothes and furniture, there wasn't much else. A small safe sat in the corner. She typed in his birthday and nothing happened. Abby's voice rang in the back of her head. ‘He was actually kind of obsessed with you.' She typed in her date of birth. The door swung open.
"That son of a bitch" she muttered to herself. Inside there was a passport, documents, permits and two cards. She opened them and saw that they were the two birthday cards she had given him in the past two years. In a small box there was a watch she had given him. Mark gathered up Tony's things and they left. He still had some funeral preparations to do. He could obviously not have and open casket but he wanted it outside in the snow. He said Tony would have wanted it that way. Only close friend and family were invited. Kate was dreading it. Burying him meant he was really gone. "how is the funeral going" she said, trying to make conversation with the man she had wanted to be her father-in-law.
"Good. I would have liked and open casket but under the circumstances, I can't do that.
"Yes. Were you and him close?"
"A little. Sometimes he hated me"
"I'm sure that's not true."
"It is. Were you close?"
"Yes"
"Who was the agent he was in love with?"
"I beg your pardon?"
"He told me he was in love with another agent. I'd like to meet her."
"What makes you think it was a her?"
"What?"
"I'm kidding. It was me" she said slowly.
"At least he had good taste."
"Should I take that as a complement?"
"It is a complement"
"I should be getting to bed. Tony would shoot me if I looked bad at his funeral." She said, dropping him at the motel and driving home.
Chapter 17 by no1bean
Chapter 17

"Thank you all for coming" the priest began. It was cold snowy but very crisp and the sun was still shining. "I had the pleasure of knowing Anthony and I traveled all the way from Ohio because I was that proud to know him." Tony's casket was sitting in front of him, closed. Mac had still not arrived but they were all hoping she would make it, at least to the wake. "Some of his friends and coworkers would like t say a few words." Gibbs stepped up first.
"I would like to tell you what a great man Tony was…" Gibbs said. Ducky went next and then McGee and Abby did a eulogy together. Tony's father did a long one then it became the time Kate had been dreading. Her turn. She brushed past Mark and stood where they all had before her. She was really nervous and didn't know why.
"I had the privilege of knowing Tony," she began. She promised herself she wouldn't cry, but she didn't think she was going to be able to keep that promise. "He may have been a skirt chaser but he was a great man and a great agent" it had just hit her. He was dead. How could he leave he like this? "and that son of a bitch left me before I had the chance to tell him how I felt" she yelled, very pissed off.
"That's not a nice thing to say at a funeral" said a male voice. They al spun around and saw two people standing there, a man and a woman. The man was wearing a sling on his right arm
"Tony"

All they did was stare. He was wearing a pair of green scrubs and had a stitch through his left eyebrow. "Hey Kate" he said, a big grin on his face. Mark was the first to move. He shook Tony's hand before pulling him into a hug. Tony never broke eye contact with Kate. She was the next to go. They hugged for about a minute. Everybody could sense the awkwardness.
Screw it" she muttered, grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him into a kiss. They pulled apart after several minutes, gasping for breath. The woman beside Tony was the one smiling now. "You did this?" Kate asked her.
"Aye" she said, her blue eyes twinkling.
"Thank you Mac" Kate said hugging her.
"Just don't stab me this time" she whispered in her ear.
"Thanks Mac, I owe you one" Tony said, letting go of Abby who had tackled him.
"A lot of people seem to owe you one" Kate pointed out.
"I know. It is my evil plan, so when I go for world domination, you all have to join me."
"You said that with such a straight face"
"I know. I can't believe I did." She smiled at them. They really did make a good couple. "I'll leave you two alone" she told them, walking away.

"Where'd you find him?" Abby asked Mac
"In a car boot in Maryland. Got a trace on his phone."
"Nice work MacDonald" Gibbs said, walking up.
"Thank you Boss"
"Looks like you wont get his desk after all McGee" Gibbs said, laughing and walking away.

"Are you ok?" he asked her.
"I am now. I thought I'd lost you."
"You did for a while"
"Yes well, I didn't realize how much I'd miss you till you were gone." She couldn't look him in the eye. He stopped walking and looked down at her. He kissed her again. It was just as brilliant as the first time. "Tony,"
"Yes"
"I love you"
"I love you too" they started walking again. A strange feeling came over her. She felt the crosshairs lining up on the back of her head. In that moment she went as stiff as a board, then she heard it.
BANG!!!!!!!
Chapter 18 by no1bean
Chapter 18

The gun fell to the ground. She looped her foot under the body's arm and turned it face up. She saw the twisted look and heard the people run up. "Bastard" she muttered. This man was pure evil. She could see it in his eyes, no remorse for what he had done.
"What the hell happened?" Gibbs said, running up, weapon drawn. He looked down and saw the body. "You deserve a raise for that" he kicked him and then turned away. Another two people arrived.
"Looks like I'll have to join your world domination team now, I owe you two." Kate said, still in shock. She had dropped when she heard the shot but it didn't matter. She would still have died was it not for the woman she had once thought was Satan, Mac must have spotted the bastard and shot him before he shot her, just in the nick of time. "He kept his promise"
"Who?" Tony asked, confused.
"Ari, he said I was next"
"When"
"It doesn't matter, you were dead" she said, brushing the question away.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Gibbs said, tuning back into the conversation.
"First off, you weren't there, secondly it slipped my mind. I was too busy thinking about what I was going to say at the damn funeral."
"Well at least he is gone. I wanted to be the one to do it but at least the bastard is finally on hell."
"Well," Mac sighed. "After all this action, I need to go get me some painkillers." She said, heading for the car.

"Hey!" Ross yelled when he saw the woman enter.
"What?" she asked, looking in pain.
"Dr. Scuito was looking for you"
"Brilliant, where is he?"
"Probably in the ICU"
"Which is…?"
"3rd floor"
"Thanks." She walked to the elevator and had to lean on the wall while she waited. The elevator came and she stepped in, disappearing from his view.

"Where the hell have you been!" Chris yelled upon seeing Mac, scaring the little girl he was treating. "Sorry Honey" he said to the little girl. He wasn't in the ICU after all, but in the clinic. He wrapped the bandage round her arm and pulled Mac to the side.
"Sorry Chris, had something to do"
"Do you realise you could have died?"
"Yes, so I'd like some painkillers"
"Mac!"
"What?" she said, stopping laughing.
"This is serious"
"Don't you think I know that?"
"What the hell were you thinking?"
"Well, I was focusing on getting Tony back because he wasn't actually dead."
"What the hell"
"Would you stop saying that, you're scaring her" he pulled a shot out of a drawer and lifted Mac up by the hips, sitting her on the table. "Holy shit you're strong"
"Now who is scaring her?" he was in a better mood now. He rolled up her sleeve and injected the painkillers. A nurse walked in to deal with the little girl, looking at Chris as she did.
"Thanks honey" Mac said, pushing herself off the table, putting her hands on his face and kissing him. The nurse scoffed and threw Mac a dirty look as she left with the little girl. Mac stared in her direction after she had left, a confused look on her face.
"I'll see you tonight then"
"Do you mind if I take a rain check, I need to rest"
"No, it is ok. I could still come round and see if you are ok."
"If you want"
"Are you sure?"
"It is up to you. I don't mind"
"Ok then" she kissed him again, "I need to go. Gibbs will kill me if I am not back soon"
"Really? You shouldn't be working in your condition."
""I know but he is making DiNozzo work straight away and he has been ‘dead' for a week" she grabbed her jacket and headed for the door. She wasn't sure if she should drive, but did anyway. "Making out with patients now are we Chris?" the nurse said.
"No Susan, that's my girlfriend"
"Oh" she said, disappointedly. Chris turned to his next patient.

"Hey Boss, I'm back" Mac said, jogging to her desk.
"About time MacDonald"
"Sorry boss, had to go to the hospital"
"Ok" he wasn't really as mean as he seemed.

"Ma'am, I don't understand" a probie said to a woman signing to him. "Ma'am, I don't understand sign language" he pleaded with her.
"Can I help you Agent…?" Gibbs said, seeing what the commotion was.
"Jones sir, Eric Jones. I don't understand sign language"
"Good job I do." He looked at her hands. She was signing: ‘I need to talk to Abby Scuito, where is she?' he signed back : ‘who are you ma'am and why do you need to talk to Abby?'
"Sophie?" Gibbs heard a woman say, confused.
"What?" he said, turning to find Mac.
"This is Abby's mum" ‘what is it?' she signed ‘Abby is hurt, I need to see her. Is she here?' she signed back. All three of them ran to the elevator and hit the button for Abby's lab.

"Abby!" Gibbs yelled, running into her lab, as concerned as one person could be.
"Gibbs, what brings you down here?" she said, worried at the look on his face.
"Abs, are you ok?"
"I'm fine Gibbs, why?"
"Your mother burst in saying you were hurt" Gibbs said confused. "Well she signed actually"
"My mother?"
"Yes" Gibbs moved aside, revealing Mac and Sophie.

*Sign conversation*

"Mum?"
"Are you ok honey?"
"I'm fine, mum. What did you think happened?"
"I thought you'd been stabbed. Chris called and said he couldn't visit because someone he loved had been stabbed. I figured you were the only one he loves up here so I came as soon as I could."
"Um…I wasn't the one that was stabbed" Abby signed a shocked look on her face.

*end sign conversation*


She looked round at Mac. She had turned out of the conversation and was staring out the window, one arm leaning on the other, her hand over her eyes. "Um.. Mac, did you catch that?" Abby said, kind of shocked.
"Um…yes" she said, she was just as shocked. "Big bombshell to deal with" she joked, running her hands through her hair.
‘What, I don't get it?' Abby's mum signed.
‘Mac was the one that was stabbed' Abby explained
‘wait, I don't get it' Sophie looked confused
"Chris loves Mac" Abby said, signing at the same time.
"Yes, well. We've only been dating for a month"
"Do you love him too?" Abby asked, she seemed to be really interested in this.
"I think so. We have only really had one date. He's coming over tonight. I'll have to deal with it then" she still looked shocked as the elevator door closed in front of her.
Chapter 19 by no1bean
Chapter 19

"Hey Tony" Kate said as she opened the door. He handed her a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates. A cliché maybe, but still very sweet. She took them into the kitchen and left them to go and deal with her guest. He was taking her to a fancy restaurant in Maryland. Her red dress moved with her body when she returned to the living room, the love of her life was sitting on the sofa, black suit making him look like very hot. He jumped up when he saw Kate enter. Her dress was slit up to her knee and cut down to the small of her back. Her hair was down and her makeup complemented her face. He took her by the arm and led her down to his car.

"Mac, open up" Chris yelled, banging on her door. He had been standing there for 5 minutes.
"Jesus, calm down" she said, pulling it open to reveal her boyfriend. She had been trying to calm herself down, figuring out how to deal with the fact that she had found out about him being in love with her. She let him in and she threw herself on the couch.
"Are you ok?" he said, really concerned.
"Um…Yes. I think I just need some fresh air" she said, sitting up.
"Come on then" he said, pulling her up. Lets go for a walk. He grabbed her coat for her and closed the door behind them.

"So wait a minute, Abby used to flush your head down the toilet?" they were walking down the street, hand in hand in the snow. She didn't know why he had driven her to Maryland just to walk, why couldn't they just have walked around the streets at her apartment. Maybe it was for the stunning lights.
"Yes" he laughed. "I was really worried about you" he said, bowing his head as if embarrassed, his voice lowering.
"I know" she said.
"Mac,"
"Yes?"
"I love you"
"I know. I love you too" he pulled her around and kissed her; she kissed him back and was so glad that she had him. She pulled away, a puzzled look on her face. "Do you smell smoke?"
"Um…yes" they rounded the corner and saw the flames. There were people standing out on the street, coughing. There was yelling and swearing and people running around, looking for others. She heard one voice above the others.
"Kate!...Kate!...Kate!"
"Tony?" Mac asked herself. She saw the man, it was him. "Tony!" she yelled running to him.
"Mac, what the hell are you doing here? Have you seen Kate?"
"No, were you inside?" she asked, concerned.
"Yes, me and Kate. I think she might still be inside."
"Then what the hell are we still doing here? Lets go find her" Mac said, rushing through the broken and burnt door, Tony following her in but Chris got swept to the side by the crowd.

Mac coughed, throwing her arm up over her face. A beam fell a couple of feet from her head, making her jump to the side. To her left, Tony was having similar problems. He was moving tables to find his love but having no luck. "Shit!" she heard Tony yell, burning his hand on a metal chair.
"You ok?" she yelled over all the noise and burning.
"Yes" she heard in the distance. Then she saw it. A hand, coming out from underneath a turned over table. She kicked it over, but the body found wasn't Kate. It was and older man, coughing and spluttering.
"Tony, help!"
"Did you find her?" he said joining her.
"No but I did find him" she yelled in his ear. "Could you take him out?"
"You do it! I'm gonna stay and look for Kate"
"No, I'm gonna stay! I can't lift him but I can lift her! GO!" he obeyed. He threw the man over his shoulder and ran into the smoke and disappearing from her sight. She moved on, still desperately searching for her friend. Then she saw it. Out of the corner of her smoky eye. A red shoe sticking out from under a fallen ceiling beam. She tried to lift it up but couldn't. She broke a chair and used it for leverage. She managed to lift it two feet and slide the girl out. It was Kate. The beam dropped to the ground and Mac slung Kate over her shoulder. She found the door but it had collapsed. She lay Kate down and tried to kick the door in. it didn't work. "God damn it son of a bitch!" she yelled, pissed off at her failure. The smoke was really getting to her. Her eyes were running and she had a bad cough. After a couple of minutes a pile off ash and wood fell on her shoulder. A shadow appeared in her sight. He ran over and picked Kate up and ran out. Another man ran in and picked Mac up. She felt the cold night air on her face and then she was being sat against a wall. A bright light shone in her eyes and she squirmed out of the way.
"Mac…Mac" she heard, getting louder by the minute. He put the torch away. "Are you ok?" it was Chris.
"Um…Yes" she spluttered. As her eyes became more focused she looked around. Ambulances, fire engines and police cars had arrived. The fire engines were sprouting water all over what used to be the restaurant while the police lights were shining around everywhere while the LEO's took peoples statements. She spotted Tony over by an ambulance, black suit covered in grey ash. He was bending over a woman in a red dress. She was sitting in the back of an ambulance, oxygen mask over her face. Then they all heard the bang. Tony threw himself over Kate for protection while Chris did the same thing to Mac. There had been a bomb hidden inside the restaurant, thank god for the fire, it had saved all their lives. "Holy shit" Mac muttered, she had to admit, Chris' body heat felt great against her. She was getting off topic. What the hell had happened! She stood up, Chris helping her. She was dizzy for a moment but recovered quickly, bracing herself against him. She walked over to her fellow agents. "Hey guys. Are you ok Kate?"
"Um…I think so" she said, removing her mask.
"Well for a change, I was glad that fire happened" Tony joked, a slight quiver in his voice. He had not let go of Kate's hand since he got her out of the building.
"What is it about this job" Mac began. "I have been hit by a co-worker twice, shot stabbed and nearly killed in a fire. Nothing like this ever happened in Pittsburgh. Does this happen to all of you or am I just unlucky?" she joked.
"You're just unlucky" Tony and Kate said, giving each other a look.
Chapter 20 by no1bean
Chapter 20

"Where the hell is my team?" Gibbs said, walking in and seeing the one agent at his desk.
"Hospital" McGee grunted.
"Why the hell are they all at the hospital?"
"Treated for smoke inhalation"
"What? Three agents?"
"Yup. And Chris"
"What the hell!"
"Um…Tony and Kate were out at dinner. Fire started, Kate was trapped inside. Mac and Chris were near. Chris got shoved out the way, Mac and Tony went in and got her out."
"Crazy bastards" he muttered to himself, pulling out his phone and dialling DiNozzo's number.
"Boss" the younger man answered.
"What the hell happened. Wait, I don't care. Just get your asses back here." He said hanging up.
"The Boss?" Mac asked jumping off the bed.
"Yes. I think we should get going"
"Yes. We still have to get the psycho who set the bomb" Kate said. She had been hurt the worst but was still able to leave.
"Aye. Do you know who they were after?"
"No but if it was the team, then we don't know who is next"
"Even the non field agents are at risk" Mac pointed out.
"We have to tell them. Lets go" Tony said, taking command, the woman followed him out.

"Right, we need a plan" Tony said.
"How about, Kate, tell Gibbs. He's least likely to shout at you. I'll tell Abby and you tell my dad"
"Fine by me" he replied and they all set off in different directions.

Mac stepped off the elevator, leaving Tony on his way down to autopsy. She had picked up a caf-pow on the way down. She heard a ding and then Tony disappeared behind her. She heard a noise down the corridor and decided to check it out. Turns out it was nothing but the second thing was. Normally, hearing a shot down here was just the fact that Abby was doing a ballistics test but the yell the followed it changed her mind in a millisecond. She drew her sig sauer and ran in to the lab, alert as ever. She didn't see anyone apart from a black shape slumped in the corner. "Abby!" she yelled. She only made it half way before she felt something hit her head and then all she saw was black.

"Abby! Mac!" Tony yelled as he entered the lab. He had heard the shot from the elevator and rushed up as soon as he could. He had his own weapon drawn and saw both the women lying on the ground. No one else was there so he knelt down to check Mac. She was still breathing ad still had a pulse so he turned to the Goth. Abby was groaning and bleeding heavily, gunshot wound to the abdomen.
"Tony" she muttered, her dark hair matted on her forehead.
"Hold on Abs. ambulance is on the way" he said. He had called 911 and Gibbs as well. A few minutes later, Kate and McGee close behind.
"Abby!" McGee screamed, rushing over to her while Kate also rushed to her best friend. Tony switched and moved back over to Mac. She was starting to come around.
"Mac stay down, you might have a head injury" Tony told her as she screwed up her eyes at the light. She didn't listen to him and got up anyway. "God, you're just as stubborn as Gibbs" he told her, remembering when he was shot in autopsy.
"Is Abby ok?" She asked, not caring about her own injuries.
"She should be ok" Tony lied, he didn't know if she would be. "An ambulance is coming" he told her.
"It's here" Gibbs corrected him, shutting his cell phone. Two paramedics rushed into the lab, a man and a woman. The both rushed over to Abby and placed her on a stretcher, making sure she was stable and then rushing back to the elevator with Abby. The rest of them took the stairs and ran to the parking lot, getting a Sedan and following them to the hospital.

Abby was rushed immediately into surgery. Mac had her head checked out and then all of them sat outside Abby room. "Maybe you should buy a room here Mac," Chris told her. "You seem to spend more time here than at your own house or at work."
"That an offer?" she joked. "Sorry" she said remembering the circumstances.
"It's ok. Gets my mind off the fact my sister was just shot" he said, running his fingers through his hair. All of them were really worried.
"I'm hungry" Tony said, randomly
"Tony" Kate said in her signature voice.
"Sorry"
"How about you guys go to the cafeteria, I'll stay here and wait for news."
"You sure" McGee said.
"Yes, go ahead you guys" the 5 of them left, Ducky had arrived, and Mac stayed behind. She sat there on her own for another 10 minutes before the Doctor came out. She was in her early 40's, from what Mac could tell, and a couple of inches smaller than the Scot.
"We managed to stop the bleeding and she is stable. You can see her now. Where did everyone else go?"
"Cafeteria. They will be back soon."
"Ok. And they baby is alright too."
"Baby?" Mac said, shocked.
"Yes. Miss Scuito is 8 week pregnant."
"So she knows?"
"Yes."
"Thank you." The woman spun on her heels and exited down a corridor to the right.

"You're awake" Mac said, entering the room and seeing Abby sitting up.
"Yes" Abby said. She looked really pale but like she was going to be ok. Mac was nervous and awkward around her and she had noticed. "Mac what's wrong?"
"I…kind of found out your secret" Abby looked worried.
"Look Mac… that night between me and Gibbs…was just a one night thing and…" she stopped mid sentence because she saw the look on her friend's face. "That wasn't what you were talking about was it?"
"No but we'll get back to that. I know you are pregnant"
"Oh, that"
"Abs, who's is it" she didn't reply. "You don't know?"
"I think I do. The only person that really fits the timeframe is…McGee"
"McGee!"
"Shh. Yes."
"McGee, McGee?"
"Yes" she said.
"Like Tim McGee"
"What" a male voice said from the doorway.
"Nothing McGee" Abby said, now she was the one feeling awkward.

They stayed for another hour before Abby needed to rest. They decided that one of them would stay the night with Abby, Mac was first. Abby had fallen asleep after another 10 minutes and Mac joined her after another 20. She was deep in sleep when her breath caught in her throat. She threw her hands up to find out what was happening and felt cold skin. She tried to kick the person but her legs were pinned down. She was starting to get dizzy and was sure she was going to pass out. She finally got full use of her arm back and was able to get a grip on something and managed to pull the person off and jump up, swaying a little maybe, but getting her bearings back fast. She was shocked at what she found. A nurse was standing there, blond hair all over her face, pillow at her feet. Mac recognised her, it was the nurse that had come in when she was getting treated after returning from Tony's ‘funeral.' At least Mac had gotten her off and stopped the smothering. Things just went from bad to worse. The nurse flipped a knife out and started advancing upon Mac.
Chapter 21 by no1bean
Chapter 21

Mac was still dizzy but she managed to dodge all the swipes Susan took at her, but once she was too slow, the knife nicked her side, only slightly drawing blood. "Shit" Mac cursed. She went to move towards the other woman, but only faked. Mac jumped at the other woman's hesitation and made a play for the knife. She was able to grab Susan's wrist and get some control. Susan still had a hold and they struggled. Mac fell against the bed, still not waking the sleeping Abby, but fortunately landing on the call button. She used her new position as leverage, kicking Susan off but unfortunately letting go of the knife. The angle that she kicked sent Susan spinning off to her left, twisting and landing on her front. Mac regained her upright position and took a defence stance. Her attacker was still on the ground so she rolled the other woman over and was even more shocked at what she found. The blond woman had her eyes closed, and a knife buried in her stomach up to the hilt.

The door flew open and Chris and another nurse were standing there. It took them a while to gather what they were seeing. A sleeping goth, a dead psycho and a bleeding Scot. Mac was propped up against the bed but had managed to stop her side bleeding. The living nurse ran over to her friend and checked for a pulse. She found none. "You bitch" she yelled at Mac. "You bitch! You killed her!"
"No, she fell on her knife" Mac said very calmly.
"It is your knife"
"Wrong again. She pulled it"
"She would never do that"
"Well, she did" she felt something move behind her and spun around to friend he friend sitting up.
"Woah" Abby said.
"Yup."
The nurse ran at Mac and swung her arm. Mac stopped her easily, grabbing her arm and twisted it behind her back, without even moving out if her leaning position. She pulled cuffs from her belt and pulling the other woman's other hand behind as well and locking the cuffs. "Not a good idea to assault a federal agent"
"Um…Mac" Chris stuttered from the door.
"Yes, I know" She replied, trying to stay calm.
"I'm gonna get you arrested, and then I'm gonna fucking kill you!"
"Good to know" Mac said sarcastically.
"Oh shit!" a young girl screamed from behind Chris.
"Oh…um." Mac stuttered, she wasn't very good with kids. "Um…Chris" she said and he instinctively understood. He moved in front of her and looked down, trying to see how she reacted. Before he could say anything she ran to a phone and dialled 911.
"Police please" She said erratically. "I have to report a murder" she said through sobs.

Two cops came in through the door 15 minutes later. The site even shocked them. Mac and Chris had vacated to a seat left of the bed, where another woman was lying and there was another sitting in the corner, handcuffed. There was also the body, still lying in the middle of the floor. Mac stood up when they came in. The youngest one went over and tried to pull the knife out. A second before he did Mac yelled at him. "What the hell are you doing?! Are you trying to contaminate the scene! Are you new?"
"Um…yes"
"Yes, well, you don't do that, just FYI"
"Who killed her?" the more experienced officer asked, hoping to get an answer to make the case easy and get home in time to see his wife before she fell asleep.
"No one, she fell on her knife"
"Look at her. I can also see you, she fought back" he said, indicating to her side.
"Nope. She got me first" Mac said, putting up with his ignorance.
"Bitch" a voice came from the corner. "She is a liar. She murdered her in cold blood"
"Oh my God, what the hell" Mac muttered. The officer came towards her, cuffs out. "What the hell are you doing?" Chris said, standing up and moving in front of Mac.
"Chris, if the want to arrest me for something I didn't do, then… cuff me bitch" she said sarcastically, holding her hands out in front of her. The man moved, trying to put the cuffs on her. "I'm not serious, I'm not gonna let you arrest me for something I didn't do" she said, shoving her hand in her pockets.
"What did happen then?" the young officer said, deciding to believe the young woman.
"She tried to smother me, I got her off, then she pulled a knife, nicked me" she said, pointing at her side. "I got some control, kicked her off and she fell on the knife." Mac said, sitting back down. The door flew open once more. "God, shocked it hasny come off the hinges," her accent really showing. There stood a silver haired man, a good-looking younger man, a beautiful woman and a puppy looking man. "Hey guys, just in time to watch the show" Mac said to the rest of her team.
"What the hell are you doing?" Gibbs said to the LEO, seeing his cuffs out, pointed towards Mac. "Put them away. She hasn't done anything."
"How do you know?"
"She said she didn't do anything, and I believe her" Gibbs said with complete certainly. This put a grin on Mac's face. "Come on MacDonald"
"Yes Boss" she said, grabbing her jacket, giving Abby and Chris a hug and following Gibbs out. In the hall they met another problem.
"Tobias" Gibbs said to the other man.
"Gibbs. MacDonald" ‘how the hell does he know my name' Mac thought to herself.
"Take it you're here to arrest me?" Mac told him.
"Wow Gibbs. An agent you finally knows what the hell the law is" a taller man brushed past Fornell and spun Mac around, shoving her against the wall and locking the cuffs round her wrists.
"Great, just great" She muttered to herself.

It was cold in the jail cell, but Mac didn't bother. She was a Scot, she was used to cold weather. She felt lying on the floor was more comfortable then on the thing they called a bed. They hadn't taken her handcuffs off, much to her annoyance, but she took them off herself, after shooting, picking locks was her speciality. "MacDonald, you have a visitor" a guard told her.
"Finally, someone who believes me" she muttered to herself. "Or not" she said upon seeing the man. He was in his fifties and what was left of his hair was white.
"Special Agent MacDonald"
"Agent Pullman"

*Flashback*

"This is Agent Pullman" Fornell told Mac. "He will be investigating this case"
"I'd say good luck arresting a killer but chances you'll arrest me for not doing anything"

*End Flashback*

"So you are telling me you didn't kill her?"
"Again, yes. Forensics will back that up."
"I don't believe you. You have opportunity and motive"
"No I don't. Opportunity but not motive"
"Yes you do"
"Oh my God, what are you, 5?"
"You have motive. You were sleeping with her husband, he wouldn't leave her for you, and so you killed her"
"I'm not sleeping with her husband, I didn't know she had a husband and I don't know who he is"
"Um…" Pullman said flipping through is notebook. The next three words he said made Mac feel like she had never felt before and her face fell.

"Dr Christopher Scuito"
Chapter 22 by no1bean
Chapter 22

"Mac, get your coffee" Chris said, a tune in his voice. He stuck it in through the bars of her cell. She ignored him and kept doing what she was doing, staring at the ceiling on her back from her bed. "Mac" he repeated himself. She still didn't reply. "Hello, anybody in?" Still no reply. "What's up with you?" she sat up slightly.
"I dunno, why don't you ask your wife. Oh that's right, apparently I killed her" she said, flopping back down on the bed.
"What the hell are you on about?"
"Don't play dumb you bastard" he reeled back from the blow, shocked that the love of his life would speak to him that way.
"Mac,"
"What" she half yelled, getting pissed off.
"What the hell is wrong with you?"
"Like you don't fucking know!"
"Mac,"
"Just piss off" he did what she wanted, he did not want get her bad side.

"Abby?" Chris said, walking into his sister's hospital room.
"Hey. Baby brother!" she said, turning down the music on her stereo, although it was still loud.
"Hi" the look on his face made her turn it off completely.
"What is it?"
"I need you to talk to Mac…"

"Mac?" Abby said, leaning on the cell. Chris had signed her out on the condition that she came right back after talking to her. Mac was in the same position as before.
"I take it Chris asked you could come here"
"Yes. He wants to know what he did"
"Look Abs, I know you are my best friend and that you wouldn't have let me date him if you knew"
"Knew what? Is he gay or something?" normally Mac would have laughed, but she was still so pissed off she just stood there.
"Married" she uttered the single word.
"WHAT!"
"Yup"
"No, it can't be…"
"It's true"
"That Bastard!" Mac nodded. "Don't worry Mac, I know you are in here so you can't kick his ass, but I will."
"Thanks Abs" she said, hugging her through the bars.

"I need to talk to Christopher Scuito" Abby told the nurse.
"Um…"
"I need to talk to him NOW!" she was very pissed off, and her gothic look scared her so she decided to get him.
"Where is Dr. Scuito?" she asked an intern near by.
"I'm not sure"
"Well page him for me, this freak want to know" Abby was about to give her a hell of a tongue lashing when a bigger man stepped in front of her and moved up close to the nurse. His low voice was very intimidating.
"You say anything, anything like that again, and it will be the last thing you ever say" he spun round and Abby was shocked to see who it was.
"McGee, where you been hiding your bad ass self?"
"Um…I um…"
"Back to normal I see" ‘shit!' she thought, she still had to deal with the whole baby situation, but now was not the time, she had a brother to deal with first.

"Well?" Chris said, seeing the two people enter. Abby didn't say anything but kept walking towards him. She hit him from the side, making him reel back, her ring leaving a groove in his face. "Abs!" she put her leg behind his and shoved his over then landed a well placed kick to his stomach, right on his wound, he yelled out and jumped up, catching her arm before she hit him again. "Abby, what the hell?!!" he said, restraining her.
"Why the hell would you do such an evil thing to my best friend!!?"
"What did I do?" he said, she had calmed down again.
"The fact that you were married without telling anyone, then dated one of my best friends, when you were married, and then only finding out when your stupid wife died!!" she said, yelling again.
"Abby, I'm not married" he said calmly, a little confused.
"Well not anymore, she's lying on a slab at the FBI"
"Would you please explain?"
"That crazy nurse bitch. I can't believe you married her."
"Abs, stop being so cynical. I did not marry that bitch, I have never been married."
"Then why the hell did she say you were?"
"I dunno, did she?" Abby pulled the paper that Mac had given her out of her pocket and handed it to him. He read it quickly. It was an information form for a blood test.

Name: Susan Marsh
DOB: 19/04/76
Emergency contact: Christopher Scuito
Relationship: Husband…

With this he stopped reading. "Why would she say that?" McGee asked.
"I'm not sure." He said, putting the form in his pocket. "I'm gonna sort this all out. No wonder Mac was so pissed off" he said, brushing past McGee and leaving Abby in a very awkward situation.
"Well" Abby said nervously, "Bye" she said, leaving McGee confused and alone.

"Hey Mac." Chris said, walking to her cell for the second time that day.
"Hey. Can't I get a visit from someone good, like Tony or Kate"
"Mac, I need to explain…"
"What, the fact that you are an adulterous bastard? Yes, you do"
"Mac, I am not married, and never have been."
"Well, why should I believe you now."
"Jesus, what's with all the cynicism. First Abby now you."
"Why the hell should I believe you!"
"Because it is the truth"
"Really." She said sarcastically.
"Really. I love you. Here. There is no record of a marriage or anything of that sort" he said, handing a file to her. She sat down on the bed and flicked it open. She sat for about five minutes. Then she stood up and wandered slowly over to the bars. She dropped the file and, doing the best she could, pulled him into a passionate kiss and then a difficult hug.
"I love you too. You're face look dodgy, what the hell happened?"
"Abby hit me"
"Great. Sorry"
"You're lucky to have a friend like that."
"I know."
"Mac,"
"Yes?"
"Will you marry me?"
"Of course" she whispered in his ear before kissing him again.
Chapter 23 by no1bean
Chapter 23

"Wow, can this day get any better?" Mac said happily as the guard unlocked the cell door.
"Well, I guess you didn't murder her after all agent MacDonald" Fornell said as she passed him.
"What'd I tell ya" she joked, walking out with her fiancé, ‘wow' she thought to herself, that sounded weird.

"McGee!" Tony yelled over the bullpen.
"What is it Tony?" McGee said uninterested
"Who is this on your cell phone?"
"Tony!" McGee yelled, grabbing his phone back from Tony. "My sister"
"She's hot"
"Tony!" yelled Kate for opposite him.
"Sorry honey" he said before he felt a hand whack him over the back of the head. "Mac, you got out of jail already?"
"How'd you know it was me not Gibbs?" she asked, walking into his line of sight.
"You slap harder than Gibbs" he said, and it made her laugh.
"Mac!" a voice screamed behind them.
"Hey Abs" Mac managed to say before the taller woman was upon her, arms round her neck.
"Did you kick Chris in?"
"Nope, got engaged to him instead"
"What?!"
"Yup" she said, a big grin on her face.
"Well, congratulations" Abby said, hugging Mac again.
"Congrats Mac"
"Thanks guys"
"What the hell is going on?" Gibbs said, seeing the cluster of five people.
"Mac got out of jail." Tony told him
"Oh right. Welcome back MacDonald"
"Thanks boss" she said, then moving past the others, moved Abby to the side. "Abs, I think you should talk to McGee now."
"Mac, I'm gonna get round to it"
"Oh, come on Abby, we both know that you will put out off till he figures it out for himself. He's smarter than he looks." Abby tried to deny it but she knew Mac was right.
"Fine" she said nervously, walking past Mac and whispering to McGee. Then moving him round the back of the stairs to the open space.

"Abby, what it is" McGee said, seeing the worried look on her face.
"Um…McGee. You know I love you right?"
"Yes, I love you too Abs, are you ok?" he said, getting more nervous by the second.
"Yes…um, kind of. McGee, I'm pregnant" she said, bracing herself for his reply.
"Oh, um" he stuttered
"It happened when we were dating."
"What!" he roared. "Abby!" he yelled, brushing past her and practically knocking Mac over as he went through the bullpen. Mac came past the stair and saw a shocked look on her face.
"Now that was not what I expected" Mac told her.
"Me neither. I have to talk to him"
"Um…Abs" Mac stopped her. "I don't think he wants to talk to you now. Maybe give him sometime to cool off?"
"True. He doesn't want to talk to me. You should talk to him"
"What?"
"Please Mac?" she pouted.
"Fine, but you owe me one" she added, turning on her heels and heading for the elevator.

"McGee?" Mac shouted as she entered autopsy.
"What is it Mac" he said and she saw him sitting on one of the benches. Ducky or Palmer were nowhere to be found.
"McGee, what the hell was that all about?"
"I guess you would find out sooner or later, Abby's pregnant."
"Yes, I know but why the big reaction?"
"It happened when we were dating, she cheated on me."
"McGee, use that brain of yours, she didn't cheat on you, you're the father."
"No, it's not possible. I…um." He sighed. "Two years ago I found out I was infertile"
"Well, call it a medical miracle, because I would bet my life that you are. Abby wouldn't cheat"
"Are you sure," he said, tearing up a bit.
"Positive. Ha, just like Abby's pregnancy test."

Abby jumped up from Mac's desk when she saw McGee and Mac step off the elevator. McGee was striding in front of her and didn't say anything when she began to stutter. He used his strength and pressed Abby up against the desk and pressing his lips against hers. He felt her become less tense, although the opposite occurred for the others. Mac had a huge grin on her face, so did Tony and Kate, but Gibbs sorta looked horrified. They pulled apart, and Kate was shocked to see just how shocked Abby was. Her look of shock turned to happiness. "What did you do?" Abby said to Mac, looking round McGee .
"Slipped him something" she laughed. Abby turned her attention back to McGee and gave him a hug. He whispered very quietly so only Abby could hear.
"Abby, I love you will you marry me?"
"McGee" she whispered back. "We shouldn't get married just because I am pregnant."
"It's not just because of that, I love you, and I want to"
"Ok then" she said happily.
"Seriously?"
"Yup" she said, hugging him again.
"Well, after that, I think we should call January 19th engagement day." Mac said.
"You have very good hearing Mac"
"Why thank you" she said.

"You know Kate, I was thinking" Tony began as they entered her apartment.
"'Bout what?" Kate asked
"Since it is engagement day," he said, causing her to laugh. "Kate," he said turning her round and kneeling on one knee. "Will you marry me?"
"Hell of a lot of proposing going on today" she said nervously.
"Kate, I'm sorry I…" he stuttered, getting up.
"No Tony, I just um…"
"No Kate, it is ok" he said, although he didn't sound it.
"Tony, I was just shocked. Yes, I'll marry you."
"Score." He said, shoving his hand in his jacket and pulling out a small box.
"You were prepared Mr DiNozzo"
"That I was." He said as he slipped the ring on to her finger.
Chapter 24: the end by no1bean
Chapter 24

Seven Months Later

"You know," Abby began, "Something is hinky"
"What?" came the voice from the bathroom.
"You were the first to get engaged Mac, and the last to get married."
"Yes, well, that is because, you wanted to get married before you started showing and Kate and Tony eloped when they were on holiday." Mac said, her voice growing stronger as she came out the bathroom, her white dress moved with her body as she fastened her necklace.
"Wow" Kate said, joining the two friends.
"Thanks" she said, smile growing.
"Just think," Abby said. "In a couple of hours, you'll be my sister-in-law."
"And Abby" Mac replied, "Just think, by the looks of it, in a couple of days, I'll be an aunt"
"Very true" Abby said, patting her bump.
"Hey, you guys ready?" Tony said, his head popping round the door. The women spun around so that they were standing in a black-white-black formation, the bride in the middle.
"Yup. Lets roll" Mac said, letting out a breath.
"You nervous?"
"A little." She let out a nervous chuckle. "Come on."

Chris spun around when he heard the music start. He saw McGee walk down the isle with Abby, she was a bit slower on the account of being fully pregnant. Next came Tony and Kate, her wearing a black dress, the same as Abby. They separated and the wedding march began to play. Mac appeared, on the arm of Ducky. They arrived down at the alter and Ducky pecked Mac on the cheek, before sitting down next to Gibbs. Mac and Chris turned round and faced the priest. He began and everyone fell quiet.

"I do" Mac said five minutes later.
"I now pronounce you man and wife." The guests clapped as Mac and Chris kissed. The pulled apart. A low scream was heard over the claps. Everybody was quiet, except for Abby. She was gripping McGee's hand very tightly and their was a puddle at her feet.
"We gotta get you to the hospital" Gibbs said.
"No time" Abby said through gritted teeth. "Shit, he's coming" she said, in pain. Chris ran over, taking his jacket off and rolling up him sleeves. "You seriously think I'm gonna let you look up there?"
"Abs, I'm a doctor"
"Yes, your also my brother"
"Abby" he said
"Fine" she said giving in. and moving her dress. McGee was sitting behind Abby, clinging to both her hands, and she was clinging hard.

20 minutes later, Abby was half asleep, baby out of her. The baby was in his father's arms, and McGee had a look of pure joy on his face. Kate, Tony and Mac were all sitting in the pews, Gibbs was there too. "Come on Abs," Mac said. "We better get you to the hospital, just to check up on you and the baby"
"Yup" Abby said, standing up. Mac put her arm round her and helped her to the car, closely followed by McGee.

"Her and the baby are fine. Have you got a name yet?" the doctor asked after examining Abby.
"Um…Yes" McGee told her.
"Michael" Abby finished.
"Michael McGee, cool" Mac told them.
"Yes" Tony and Kate agreed.
"Um…Mac can I talk to you" Director Shepherd asked her, who had just arrived.
"Sure" Mac said, following her out and shutting the door.
"We have set up another NCIS headquarters in Scotland, and I think you would be the perfect person to start it up."
"Wait a minute, you want me to leave? I've only been here 10 months."
"I know and you don't have to go, I just think it would be a step up and you understand everything over there"
"Ok. Tony and Kate, and even McGee and higher up than me"
"They are all married to people here and are permanent citizens."
"Um, so am I, apart from the citizen bit."
"You might want to talk to Chris" Jenny told her, before walking round and re-entering the room. Mac turned her head back round to see her husband walking towards her.
"Hey" he said , giving her a kiss.
"So, how's it feel to be an uncle?"
"Good" he laughed. "Um…anyway honey, the chief wanted to talk to me. I have been offered chief of staff at Queen Victoria hospital. Encase you didn't know, it is in Scotland."
"Yes, I know" she said a little shocked that the director already knew.
"I dunno what to do"
"I think, maybe we should move there" Mac said, still a little shocked.
"What about you?"
"Director offered me head of NCIS in Scotland."
"Seriously?"
"Yup"
"We doing this?"
"I guess so" she said, giving him a big hug. "Lets go see our nephew" she said, taking his hand and leading him back into the room.

Abby was lying down in the bed, holding Michael. McGee was sitting on the edge of it with her, Mac truly thought they looked the perfect couple. Kate was sitting on Tony's lab in a chair, in the middle of Ducky and Gibbs. The director was standing in the corner. "Hey look, it is the newlyweds" Abby said, causing both of them to laugh.
"Look at the parents" Mac said back, causing Abby and McGee to laugh.
"Guys," Chris began, "Good news and bad news"
"What is it?" Tony asked.
"We both got promoted"
"Great"
"Bad news is, we're moving to Scotland"

"I'm gonna miss you" Kate told Mac, giving her a hug at the airport.
"Me too" she said, breaking apart.
"Bye" Chris said, also getting a hug from Kate.
"Bye Tony" Mac said, before he moved on and shook Chris' hand. "Gotta go, the plane's about to take off." All seven of them stood back into a line as Mac and Chris boarded the plane. They had one last wave before they all turned and walked back to the lot. Gibbs' cell phone rang and he picked up.
"Gibbs? Yes" he said after listening to the caller. "We got a case. Come on"
As they walked to the car park, the plane took off behind them.

no1bean

I am going to write a sequel, should be posted soon. It will take place seven years later.
End Notes:
the end of this fic, there will be a sequel though
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6030