Haagen Dazs by Miniola
Summary: Sequel to the sequel of "The Many Smiles of Tony DiNozzo." She lets him in.
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Drabble/Ficlet/Vignette, Humor, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 349 Read: 2479 Published: 11/19/2006 Updated: 11/19/2006
Story Notes:
Thanks goes to my beta, Smackalicious!

1. Haagen Dazs by Miniola

Haagen Dazs by Miniola
Author's Notes:
Sequel to the sequel of "The Many Smiles of Tony DiNozzo." She lets him in.
She let him in. How could she not, having shown up on her doorstep with a pint of Haagen Daas and that ever growing Smile Number 50? She was glad she did, now that they were sitting on the couch together, enjoying his gift of ice cream, and watching reruns.

His gift had quickly disappeared by the end of the first episode, and now they were sitting in a companionable silence. Tony had his shoes off, and his feet resting on the coffee table. Kate, on the other hand, had her feet tucked up under her, and was leaning against him, her head on his chest.

They sat like that for hours, never moving, never speaking, just being there. The steady rhythm of his breathing was somehow relaxing, and the warmth of his arm around her was comforting. They spoke little, but neither minded. They enjoyed each other's company. Not quite knowing why, she looked at the clock. 11:33. He had been there nearly four hours!

"It's getting late," she said, not really wanting him to leave, but feeling it was necessary to mention this anyway.

"I should go," he said, standing.

"You don't have to," Kate protested, but she stood also. They walked together to the door, almost awkwardly.

"I should," Tony said, a hand on the door.

"Thanks for coming," she said, "and for the ice cream."

"No problem," he replied. "Maybe again sometime?"

"Sure," she said, and before she knew it, he had swept her up into his arms in a sweet, passionate kiss. They stood, embraced for seemingly endless minutes, with not a care in the world. Finally he pulled away, looking slightly embarrassed. Without a word, he turned and left. Kate stood, frozen in the doorway, a hand to her lips, looking after him.

After a moment, she snapped back to reality. Closing the door, she ran back into her apartment. She jumped onto the couch and grabbed her phone. Dialing Abby's number, she grinned to herself. Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.
End Notes:
Thanks goes to my beta, Smackalicious!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6048