Something to Talk About by calalily
Summary:
Categories: Het Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship
Pairing: Gibbs/OFC, DiNozzo/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 4272 Read: 4966 Published: 12/05/2006 Updated: 12/14/2006

1. Something to Talk About by calalily

2. Chapter Two by calalily

3. Chapter Three by calalily

4. Chapter Four by calalily

5. Chapter Five by calalily

6. Chapter Six by calalily

7. Chapter Seven by calalily

Something to Talk About by calalily

Jethro unlocked his front door and stepped back to let Carly in. He knew she was still coming down from the events that took place at her apartment and she'd need some time to come to terms with things. He watched as she looked around his living room, taking in the furniture and lack of decoration. He allowed her to take his hand when she reached out, knowing this too was something she needed. A lifeline to what was real and now, not a connection to the madman who had tried to kill her.

She turned to him and asked, "Got any coffee?"

He smiled and led her to the kitchen. She sat down as he put the coffee on. He looked at her, sitting there drawn into herself and knew he couldn't let her stay like that. He went to her and pulled her into his arms. Her dark blue eyes met his and she smiled.

"I like your house, Jet."

Jethro laughed. "Don't lie, Carly. I saw the way you looked at the living room."

"Well, it is a little spartan, but it fits for some reason." She explained.

With a smile still on his lips, he leaned down to kiss her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

More hungry for him than she wanted to admit, Carly kissed him like she was thirsting and he was cool, pure water. She was breathless when he pulled back and slowly released her. Desire and confusion warred inside her as she watched him get cups and pour coffee into them. He wanted her that much she could tell from the way his breathing was erratic and the pulse in his neck was jumping. Ready to tell him to forget the coffee, the words died on her lips when he looked at her with a sad, serious expression. With an inward sigh, she sat back at the table knowing the speech she was about to hear. He handed her the cup and sat opposite her with the hands that knew her body so well wrapped around his own cup.

"Carly…"

"Let me guess, Jethro, these last couple of weeks have been nice but a fluke, right? You wouldn't have gotten involved with me if the situation hadn't forced the issue?" she interrupted trying to beat him to the punch and delay the hurt she felt as well.

When his eyes met hers, she knew she was right. He invited her to stay because her apartment wasn't fit to return to and to shut her out. He drank his coffee without a word and when the last drop was gone, he stood up.

"No, damn it." His jaw was stiff and he stood over her. "I want you Carly. This," he pulled her back into her arms and his hands found her rear, "is not over. Unless you want it to be."

Surprised that he changed his mind and was giving her the power to end it, she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I want you Jethro. Just you."

He lifted her up off the floor and kissed her again. She tasted coffee and heaven when his tongue swept into her mouth and she gave herself over to his control knowing she was safe.

Chapter Two by calalily

Carly woke up at 0100 and Jethro was not beside her in bed. Staring at the ceiling she thought things through. She knew he wanted her. She knew that their sex was off the charts. The things he made her feel would be illegal in most foreign countries and half of the fifty states. Sighing, she pushed back the covers and realized that was part of the problem. He made her feel; on levels that transcended sex, Leroy Jethro Gibbs made Carly Thomas feel. And that scared the hell out of her.



Padding around the bedroom naked, Carly found a T-shirt in the dresser and slipped it on. Yes, they had just spent several hours touching, kissing, licking and sucking every inch of exposed skin they could reach but she somehow got the feeling that she would need something on when she found Jet and talked with him.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Jethro was in the basement, painting the name on his boat. He had thought a long time about what he was going to do once Carly's stalker was caught. He would let her go. She was too young. He was too old. He had seen too much in this life and she hadn't seen enough. There was no room in his life for her and she was too much like Abby, a free spirit who would only stay for a short time. All his good intentions of letting her go went out the window when he saw that knife at her throat, only to come slamming back down in his face once he left HQ with her. He meant to bring her to his home to explain why they couldn't be together. He had even started to tell her but she had interrupted and stared at him with those beautiful eyes of hers. In that moment he knew he couldn't end this with her any more than he could stop the rain from falling.



Frustrated, he stood and placed the paintbrush in the jar of paint thinner. Picking up his glass, he downed the liquid in one shot. Feeling the burn all the way down to his belly, he resisted the urge to throw the glass against the wall. She was too much for him to get a handle on and she was getting too close. Uncomfortable with the emotions and thoughts he was having, he walked around the boat looking for any imperfections in the finish. His ears picked up the squeak of the floorboards and he looked up. The door was closed and he knew Carly wouldn't come down unless invited. She hadn't even knocked yet. It was as if she knew this was his space and she respected that.



Admitting to himself that it might be too late for him, he raised his voice for her to hear him say, "Come on in, Carly."



The door cracked open and she asked, "Are you sure?"



In answer to her question, he held out his hand to her; she moved through the doorway, down the stairs and over to him. He wrapped her in his arms, not noticing the chill in the house until he felt it on her skin.



"You're cold."



Shaking her head to deny it, she told him, "Not anymore."



He felt her arms tighten around him. He also felt her curiosity stirring. "It's my boat." He told her and turned her around to see it.



She looked it over and smiled. "Abby told me you were building one, but I thought she was joking about where." Settling her head back on his shoulder she told him, "That is one beautiful boat."



Kissing her hair, he took his arms from around her. "Come on. Let's go to bed. We have work tomorrow."

Chapter Three by calalily

Tony was restless. Abby had refused to come home with him tonight thinking he somehow let their relationship slip to Gibbs. As if he'd be crazy enough to do something like that. Now he couldn't sleep and he couldn't think of any way to prove to Abby that he hadn't said a word. Rolling over, he punched his pillow and slammed his head down into it, growling.



His head popped up and his hand reached for the gun he kept in his nightstand. He had heard a noise from the living room. Easing from his bed, Tony kept the gun ready and made his way to the bedroom door. As he was about to round the corner, the perfume hit his nose. Dropping the gun to his side, he flipped on the lights.



"Abby?" was all he could say once he saw what she wasn't wearing.



Abby jumped when the lights came on and looked a bit disappointed at having been caught. Straightening and turning in his direction, she said, "Tony, I wanted to apologize right after I blasted into you earlier, but I didn't know how to take it back." She walked toward him and he stared as her lovely curves bounced with her walk. "I decided the best way would be to show you how sorry I am." She stood in front of him with a look of uncertainty that didn't fit the confident Abby he knew.



Tony slipped the safety back on and wrapped an arm around her waist. "We can show each other." He said, surprising her by lifting her with one arm.



She wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him tenderly. Pulling back, she smiled her satisfied smile. "I love it when we have the same ideas."



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



The next day, Abby and Carly were in the lab with nothing to do. They looked at each other and started laughing.



"So what happened when…" they asked at the same time.



"You go first…" they said again.



Staring at each other, they decided to do things the civilized way. Holding out their hands, they bounced them, counting to three and made a sign. Abby was Rock and Carly was Paper. Laughing again, Carly asked, "So what happened when I left yesterday?"



Abby narrowed her eyes. "I'll answer completely, 100% truthfully if you promise to do the same."



"Of course." Carly promised, trying unsuccessfully to look hurt at the accusation. "I wasn't the one that started the whole 'let's not tell everything' deal you know."



Abby reached over and smacked her arm. "Do you want to know or what?"



"Yes, I want to know!" Carly said.



"Ziva and McGee couldn't believe Tony and I were involved and that Tony had managed to keep it secret. They wouldn't leave us alone, so I started a fight with Tony to get them to stop. Unfortunately, Tony really thought I was angry with him and he went home alone."



"What? He didn't know you were joking?"



"Nope. So I decided to surprise him and sneak into his apartment to make up, but he caught me. He had his gun out ready to take out the intruder. It was funny really."



"Abby! That's not funny. He could have shot you!"



"He didn't though. Anyway, we made up." Abby said with a quick grin. "Now, what happened when Gibbs got you to his house?"



"Well, I hadn't been to his house before. It's nice." Carly started and ducked the punch Abby threw her way. "Ok! He took me to his house to call it off if you must know. We were drinking coffee and there it was, the big bomb waiting to be dropped."



"No! Gibbs can't do that!" Abby protested. "You two are so cute together!"



"How do you know when you haven't really seen us together?" Carly wanted to know.



"Don't change the subject. What happened?"



"I beat him to the punch and told him I knew what he was going to say."



"And?"



"And, he changed his mind." Carly said and looked at her friend.



"Gibbs changed his mind?" Abby asked, looking thoughtful. "He really likes you then."



Blushing at that, Carly changed the subject. "I saw his boat. He did a wonderful job on it. There's just one thing that puzzled me."



"What's that?" Abby asked.



"Why'd he name it Kelly?"



Abby's expression changed to such a serious look, Carly knew something was wrong. Abby told her, "I didn't know he'd named the boat. As for why he choose Kelly, you'll have to ask him." Seeing the confusion on Carly's face Abby added, "I love both of you guys but that is something for Gibbs to share when he's ready. I can't tell you. I'm sorry."



Nodding even though she didn't understand, Carly turned back to the computer and started going through evidence on a cold case.

Chapter Four by calalily

By the time the day was over, Gibbs and Tony were equally disgusted with the curious natures of their fellow agents. It was bad enough that Ziva and McGee had been throwing questioning glances their way. They also had to deal with several agents in the office who stopped by to make suggestive comments until Gibbs just glared at them.


Abby and Carly stepped off the elevator and felt the tension in the air right away. Carly turned to get back in but Abby grabbed her arm and shook her head. She signed to Carly, "They've been dealing with this all day, the least we can do is tough it out."


Twisting her lips, Carly looked over at Jet and nodded at Abby. They walked over to the team and stood there for a few moments before anyone looked up and noticed.


"Abby, Carly." McGee said.


"Hey guys." They said in unison. "Are we still on for Salvatore's tonight everyone?"


Ziva and McGee looked at each other then at Gibbs and Tony. "Um, I don't think I can make it." Tim started.


"Maybe tonight isn't so good." Ziva offered.


Gibbs caught the disappointed looks on the women's faces and turned to tell McGee and Ziva, "We're still on. Ducky, Palmer and Lee are joining us tonight."


McGee looked upset for a moment and then asked, "I'll be bringing someone as well." Surprised, the whole team looked at him. "What? I can't have plans?" He wanted to know.


"It's fine Timmy. Who are you bringing?" Abby asked.


"Lacey."


Abby and Carly's eyes widened and the rest of the team just looked confused.


"Who's Lacey?" Tony wanted to know.


With a smile, Abby answered, "She's the one that did the tat on his ass."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Sal himself seated the entire crew that night. He was an intuitive man, not only in knowing what everyone at the table would like, but also who should be next to whom. Gibbs was seated next to Carly who was seated next to Abby then Tony. Lacey was between Tony and McGee. Ziva was next to Tim, then Ducky, Michelle and Palmer rounding out the group next to Gibbs. Poor Jimmy was nervous to be sitting next to Gibbs, even with all they had gone through when Michelle and Carly were abducted. Lucky for him, Carly took up most of Gibbs attention.


Tony turned to Lacey and asked, "Probie really has a tat on his ass?"


With an amused grin in Tim's direction, she replied, "I like to think of my shop kinda like a doctor's office. People come in looking for a service, I provide the service and if they choose to tell about said service, it's their choice."


"So in other words, you're not telling me anything?" Tony asked.


Lacey looked at Tim and said, "He's not as slow as you made him out to be, honey."


Tim turned bright red at her words and the endearment. Tony smirked then realized what Lacey said. Everyone else just laughed at the dig at Tony's expense.


The rest of the evening went smoothly as everyone relaxed enough to enjoy the food and company. Filled with a great meal, the team was getting ready to leave the restaurant when five men entered, hoods over their faces and guns in the air.


Locking the doors, they shot several rounds into the ceiling. The man leading the group stepped forward, "Everybody stay right where you are and no one gets hurt."

Chapter Five by calalily

In the process of standing, Gibbs eased back down into his seat. Quickly assessing the situation, he noticed Sal getting the staff out the back door. The five men moved through the restaurant, selecting tables of people. They collected cell phones and car keys and sent the people out the front door. Gibbs noted that the gunmen had released all the elderly diners and couples with children.



Slowly meeting the eyes of his agents, Gibbs look cautioned them to do nothing. He reached out to squeeze Carly's hand and saw the bewildered look on her face. Abby was watching him as well and he signed, "We don't act until we know what they want." He knew they understood when he saw them relax.



The people remaining in the dining area were a different story. The women were openly upset and some were crying. The men were scared and it showed. Disgusted with the reactions of the civilians, Gibbs concentrated on the men. Two of them were making their way to the table where the team sat and Gibbs released Carly's hand not wanting to hint at a connection. Stopping short of their table, the leader pointed his gun at Lacey.



"We've been looking for you," he said.



With a look of annoyance, Lacey replied, "You've found me. Only took you what, two years?"



"Your father sent us."



"Now I know you're lying. My father wouldn't send you to find a treat for his dog, let alone his only daughter," Lacey said. "And he definitely wouldn't have sent you so heavily armed."



Angered, the man motioned with his hand and the remaining diners were released. The front door was once again locked and the leader circled the table cautiously.



"Your friends aren't going to be a problem now are they, Lacey?"



"They'll be less of a problem than I am David."



Laughing at her use of his name he said, "Good. I would hate to have to hurt them."



Lacey sat still as a post, not betraying with a glance or expression who his softest target would be.



Gibbs watched the other men grow restless and edge closer to the table. One of them walked right up to the one called David and said, "This wasn't what we signed up for. You said the old man wanted us to grab her when she was alone."



David took his gun and slammed it into the protester's face. Looking at the remaining three, he asked, "Anyone else have a problem with this?"



The team took advantage of their distraction. Tim took down David, while Ziva, Tony and Gibbs disarmed and cuffed the others.



Sal ran out of the kitchen with a gun in his hand and froze when the four federal agents aimed their guns at him.



"No!" Lacey shouted and ran over to Sal, hugging him tight.



Laying the gun down carefully, Sal wrapped both arms around Lacey and ran his hand over her head. Glaring at the man now prone and unmasked on the floor, he muttered in Italian.



Lacey laughed. "You're right, Pop. Some men are too stupid for words."

Chapter Six by calalily

"Pop?" Tim said.



Lacey turned around and faced everyone. "Tim, I'd like you to meet my dad, Salvatore Dimera." Pulling Sal to the table, she said, "Pop, this is Timothy McGee."



At that everyone started talking. David was the loudest. "That's not your father!" He shouted.



Barely sparing him a glance, Lacey explained to her friends, "Sal is my birth father. He and my mother were a couple when they were younger but he had to leave town with his family before knowing she was pregnant. My grandparents were very strict and sent my mother away to get married when they found out. All I had to find him by was a first name and an old photo of my mother's that I found when she died. It took me two years to find him and I've been here since I did."



"So those guys were sent by Martin?" Carly asked referring to Lacey's adoptive father.



"Apparently." Lacey answered. "I cut off contact with him two years ago when he told me I had to choose a father."



Sal beamed at his daughter. David cursed and Tim bent down to glare at him. Surprisingly enough, the bigger man shut up and looked away. Gibbs smirked and Tony said, "We should call the locals. We don't have jurisdiction to actually hold these guys."



At that moment, they heard footsteps around the building.



"We don't have to call anyone," Gibbs said. "They're already here." He took his cell phone out and dialed 911 anyway to let them know the gunmen were in custody and would be turned over to the DC cops.

Chapter Seven by calalily

Tim and Lacey were sitting on her couch.



"You never mentioned you were adopted."



With a small kiss, Lacey told him, "We're just getting to know each other Tim." At his look, she added, "Just because I've see your naked buttocks doesn't mean I tell you everything right up front."



Turning a light shade of red, Tim tried to say something but Lacey stalled him with their first real kiss. "They are mighty fine buttocks, I must say."



Tim laughed and kissed her silent.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Abby and Tony were curled up in his bed, talking about the night's events.



"You never knew who her real father was?"



"No. We've been friends for years now, but she didn't tell me she had found him."



"Wonder why she kept that back?" Tony asked tracing the cross on Abby's back.



"Maybe she wanted this time to get to know him," Abby speculated. "She's the one who did that tat you know."



"This one?" Tony asked, leaning down to kiss the cross.



"Mmmm, yep, that's the one." Abby said and turned in his arms.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Carly was wearing Gibbs shirt, sipping coffee and watching Jet touch up the name of his boat.



"How many of your tattooes are Lacey's work?" he asked.



Inhaling the scent of the coffee mixed with sawdust and Jet himself, Carly smiled. "Most of them."



He rubbed the back of her neck finding her Celtic cross tattoo and asked, "This one?"



"That was actually the first ink job she did once she was licensed. The clover she did right before, but you never heard that." Jet smiled and swiveled Carly around.



"And the fairies?" He asked, running his hands up the back of the shirt to trace her biggest tattoo.



"Ah well, that was done by an artist in Texas and they actually represent the three of us, Lacey, Abby and I. I'll let you guess who's who."



Jet's hand slipped around her waist and down to the top of her leg where her hip met her thigh. "What about these?"



Carly sucked in a quick breath as Jet's hand brushed so close to her center. Swallowing, she said, "Yes."



Chuckling, Jet's fingers skated over her skin. "Yes, Lacey did these?" he asked again, referring to the Chinese characters for strength and determination.



"Yes, she did. I didn't want anyone else that close to..." her words trailed off as his fingers slipped inside her. "Jet!"



Jethro claimed her mouth and took her cries of pleasure into him. She was so responsive that the slightest touch was all he needed for her to be ready for him. He took her over the edge with just his fingers and mouth. When she was trembling and weak, he lifted her, taking her upstairs to bed. Carly looked over his shoulder wanting to ask about the boat's name but all she could do was snuggle into his arms. Tomorrow, tomorrow would be soon enough to ask.



The End



~Calalily~

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6086