Holy Water by calalily
Summary: Gabby Song: Holy Water by Big & Rich
Categories: Het Characters: None
Genre: Song fic
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1198 Read: 3041 Published: 01/03/2007 Updated: 01/03/2007
Story Notes:
A BIG thanks to Bright_Eyes_05 on the forums for the quotes from the episode. :D Without your help, this wouldn't have been written!

And a HUGE, HUGE thanks to Abbyforever, without whom nothing I write would be posted. You dear, you are terrific!

1. Holy Water by calalily

Holy Water by calalily
Author's Notes:
Gabby
Song: Holy Water by Big & Rich

Gibbs walked into the autopsy and said, "Better not be, you two don't have permission to be sick."



Abby told him, "We're fine Gibbs; the only damage done was to my ego. It was a newbie accident."



Gibbs watches her reactions as Tony and Ziva confront her with what they've found. Then he asks her, "Does the name Mikel Mawher ring a bell?"



Abby looked down and said nothing.



Somewhere there's a stolen halo
I use to watch her wear it well
Everything would shine, wherever she would go
But lookin' at her now you'd never tell



Gibbs had to ask, "Why didn't you come to me?" Not just as her boss, he was thinking, but as her lover, he would have taken care of this for her.



Abby told him, "Because I wanted him restrained…not beaten to a pulp with a baseball bat."



Someone ran away with her innocence
A memory she can't get out of her head
And I can only imagine what she's feelin' when she's prayin'
Kneeling at the edge of her bed




The team starts to walk out of autopsy and Abby says to him, "I'm telling you Gibbs, he's not your man." Gibbs just stares at her and she adds, "You're gonna pay him a visit anyway."



As he walks to the doors, she asks, "Could you pick up my red studded dog collar while you're there?" He turns to look at her, but doesn't say anything.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Gibbs is looking for Abby and he presses the button to bring the elevator to his floor. As the doors open, he sees her sitting on the floor of the elevator. He walks in and sits down with her.



Abby asks him, "Did you know that only 5 of the 2 1/2 million deaths every year occur in elevators"



Gibbs replies, "No." and Abby nods at him.



She tells him, "Ziva gave me this, Cynthia gave me the pepper spray, the knuckles are Director Shepard's."



"No one is going to hurt you Abby."



"You're just saying that to make me feel better."



"Did it?"



"Yeah, can you say it again?"



"Nobody's gonna hurt you Abs."



"Can I stay at NCIS until you catch him?"



"Mmm, I'll move your whole lab into the elevator if it'll make you feel better."



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Her lab turned out to be not so safe after all either. Mikel was watching her through the window and when the team burst in, he ran.



"Are you ok?" Gibbs asked her.



"No!" was her emphatic reply.



"We'll find him Abby." He told her.



"Well then I can't stay here Gibbs. No place is safe, if he can get to me on the Navy yard he can get to me anywhere." Abby told him.



Hating the fact that he couldn't comfort her the way he wanted, he told her, "Not anywhere. Not anywhere."



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



She wants someone to call her angel
Someone to put the light back in her eyes
She's lookin' through the faces and unfamiliar places
She needs someone to hear her when she cries




And she says take me away then take me farther
Surround me now and hold, hold, hold me like Holy Water




She was in Gibbs basement with his whiskey in her hand. He came downstairs and she told him, "Nothing like a nice, quiet, dungeon-like basement to calm the nerves."



"You need to sleep Abby." He told her, watching her try and sand his boat.



"I know, I tried, every time I close my eyes I see Mikel."



He walked over and said, "With the grain." And showed her how to sand the wood.



She laughed, a small laugh, and said, "I thought I was." She stopped sanding the boat and held onto the whiskey.



"Now I don't understand why people drink alcohol when they're depressed, because alcohol is a depressant. Now I'm so depressed, and I'm nauseous and really drunk. Which means that tomorrow I have to go fight a hangover while I'm in court while some ambulance-chasing attorney tries to attack my credibility. What is wrong with me Gibbs? What did I do to deserve this?"



"It's not about you Abby, it's about him." Gibbs told her.



"Then why do I feel so guilty?"



"I don't know. Why do you?"



"Because, I think this might all be my fault."



"Maybe it is."



"How could you say that to me Gibbs? I didn't do anything wrong. Just because some defective lunatic can't get it thru his thick skull that I think he is a defective lunatic; that is not my fault Gibbs, that's not my fault at all." Abby said and then realized what she was saying. "It's not my fault. It is not my fault. Hmm, I see why you like to work on your boat Gibbs. Very, very cathartic." She said and knocked a piece out of his frame. "Oops." She gave Gibbs the tool and said, "Suddenly having a stalker on the loose isn't so scary."



"He's not on the loose, Abby, that's what I came down here to tell you. DiNozzo called, the coast guard picked up Mikel Mawher...trying to cross the Anacostia."



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Abby was picked up to go to court and Gibbs panicked once he realized her actual stalker was the one who had her. They traced the van down and he was ready to tear the jackass limb from limb if he had hurt Abby. The sight that greeted them stunned them all.



"I'll be with you in a minute, Gibbs." Abby told him as she kept shocking the man who had tried to hurt her.



Gibbs laughed and said, "Ok."



She just needs a little help, to wash away the pain she's felt
She wants to feel the healin' hands of someone who understands




And she says take me away then take me farther
Surround me now and hold, hold, hold me like Holy Water




Gibbs held her in his arms that night and thanked the Lord that she was safe and that all of the men who had threatened his Abby were in jail this night. He kissed her cheek and watched over her as she slept.



~Calalily~

End Notes:
A BIG thanks to Bright_Eyes_05 on the forums for the quotes from the episode. :D Without your help, this wouldn't have been written!

And a HUGE, HUGE thanks to Abbyforever, without whom nothing I write would be posted. You dear, you are terrific!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6163