The silver tiger by dolphinsiren
Summary: She never had though on Gibbs as a goodlooking guy...
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Humor, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 7874 Read: 9306 Published: 02/06/2007 Updated: 02/13/2007
Story Notes:
My FIRST Fic.... please, be gentle !
Thanks to Supernova , who helped beta'in and editing this fic... and convinced me to post, despite english is not my first language.

1. The silver tiger by dolphinsiren

2. The silver tiger by dolphinsiren

3. The silver tiger Ch#3 by dolphinsiren

4. The Silver Tiger Ch4 by dolphinsiren

The silver tiger by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
She never had though on Gibbs as a goodlooking guy...
Title : THE SILVER TIGER
Pairing : Kibbs.
Spoiler : It takes place somewhere… after Sub Rosa
Disclaimer : NCIS doesn't belong to me. (DPB: If you lend Gibbs to me for a while,
I swear I'll return him back WITH NO DAMAGE

Rating : PG 13, nothing explicit, just some sexual references . Oh !… and language.
Summary:
Author note : My first Fic. !!!...Please review and be nice…


The spring had finally settled in D.C, soon it will be summer and it's been a great year.
It is very early in the morning, traffic is scarce, still quiet and peaceful compares to the usual peak hours… " nice..." Kate is enjoying her solitude; she is looking out as she drives by to work.
A slight, warm breeze makes the new leafs sway in a pale green dance; along the NCIS yard Avenue the trees seem to be new, the grass is recently mowed and smells good…" even better…" Kate sniffs the fresh air and she smiles behind the wheel.

She sees the sign and makes a turn to the right, entering the NCIS parking lot. It is a "deserted" lot, dark and gray in contrast with the blue sky and the green of grass and new leafs.
She is pretty sure that she is the first to arrive today, ready to take the world…
She turns off the engine, unfastens the seatbelt and releases a content sigh as she grabs her little purse sling it to her shoulder.
Kate makes a quick glance over the site that she identifies very well…. and, oh yeah!. There it is: Gibbs' car.

Her heartbeat is speeding up, her stomach squeezes itself, which is not unknown or unexpected; Oh.. this weird and annoying phenomena.
Kate experienced this emotion every single day, she is accustomed to it by now…she couldn't help herself, she just simply ignores it, as she used to do long time ago in her student days… when she entered the classroom in during her exams, this is exactly how she felt...anxious, excited… Damn it!
Those feelings of expectation and light fear (not completely unpleasant…) they push her to mask her appearance to be calmer and self assured.
Oh! Damn him!...she cursed under her breath rolling her eyes.

Car's door slams, echoing around the empty parking area. The heels of her elegant sandals in dark orchid pink click her way over the only other car there, after a cautious look around the empty place; she slides her hand onto the motor cover, "cold"… It means he remained here for his third consecutive night over the hot case… bad mood would be expected today from her already normally grouchy boss, Kate sighs heavily, this time…accepting her fate for the day.

Her heels follow her way over the shiny floor along the hall and the elevator, The NCIS HQ is still empty except for some security staff.
"He had stayed overnight" Kate thinks as she walks along the way to her bullpen.
She, on the other hand, had walked victoriously over yesterday ( in fact it had been a day in hell) , she came back home , have dinner, enjoyed a relaxing bubbles bath and slept with no dreams, last night at least.

She feels comfortable… all clean and smelling good from the morning shower.
Her hair is soft still damp, and the raspberry fragrance of her new shampoo surrounds her like an aura … it is part of her shield, for her appearance of confidence and balance.
This way, she could maintain her good humor and equanimity, despite the weird annoying behavior from his boss and DiNozzo, her sexist teammate respectively…
Once inside the elevator, the steely wall mirrors her blurred image of her own reflection in pink.

Surprisingly, she had decided this morning that the spring day is perfect to wear for the first time, the elegant day suit which she brought at the end of last year.
In her previous job, when she had to spend her days at the White House around the President and his family, she had to be almost under covered at certain events and the normal black suit and low heels would shout in a very high voice: " and here we had someone from the Secret Service!!! "
Well ... then, all that crap onboard the Air Force one had happened and the Rose Dior suit had been sided at her dresser buried between jeans and boots and matching blouse and skirts.

Today was a perfect day to wear it.... because the weather was pretty warm, because the spring is going to turn into summer soon and the rose Dior matches her hand and feet nails enamel … and just because… why not… ?___" C'mon Kate... stop lying to yourself… that is not the all true and you know it "The elevator ‘ding' interrupts her self reproach … with tall head and her steps confident; she strides into the empty and almost dark bullpen, there she is …into the dark laird of the tiger… the silver tiger with thick silver fur and blue eyes…

She reaches her desk by walking silently over the soft carpet, switches her desk lamp and computer on. There is a note over the keyboard, written in the strong and angled letter that she knows so well: a long list of files to check upon.
And the silver tiger is a couple of meters far… asleep.
She takes her breath in.

"Deeply asleep"... Kate amends.
Smooth and low snores come from his long and massive features sprawled out between chair and desk, feet perched almost over the keyboard and his head backwards in an impossible angle exposing the powerful muscles of the neck that flank both sides of the prominent Adam apple. "Ugg. " Kate angles her own neck in discomfort, ___" how in damnation and hell is it possible for someone to sleep in that weird position...??? Well... if he can fall asleep peacefully in shaking planes and rolling ships… ".
Kate can't help it, she keeps looking: the light shines on the white surface of a canine tooth inside the lax mouth. She shivers... the image of the tiger comes to her mind again.

Instinctively, as every day she does, Kate looks around, except for the huge pile of cups in the trash can, no traces of coffee in the surroundings: bad, baad thing, to be the only human being present right there, when the tiger will awake suffering from caffeine abstinence…
COFFEE!! The perfect excuse… she could flee, she is going downstairs and…

The elevator ding makes her jump, but Gibbs doesn't even change the rhythm of his snores when DiNozzo comes in, yawn and whisper to her "G'dmaurrrrninnnn …Kate " and after an impassible look to the form of his sleeping snoring boss, he focuses on the note over his keyboard with no answer to Kate's question " You fell down from your bed or were pushed out, Tony "??
He switches his computer on and sat down, for once, noiseless. It seems that she is not the only one who avoid, getting the beast's blue eyes opened.

Gibbs had left homework (office work) to the both of them, ideas surely coming from his insomnia.
By the way, this was his third night awake… which explains his exhausted sleep. The case is complicated and ambiguous, practically nothing had been cleared in three days and nights, and Gibbs' bad mood and frustration had growth exponentially.
Sometimes, well actually "all" the time, Tony is usually annoying; but today Kate is relieved by his presence "Thanks DiNozzo", she‘ll be able to focused in her work... on the contrary, staying with Gibbs alone, waiting for him comes back to life… to bark and shout…her concentration at work would be more than affected.
While opening AFIS and searches for the required files, her mind goes flying back to the past…

The little Katie was visiting the Chicago Zoo with her Aunt Jessica and her cousins... They were standing in front of the tiger ground…the amazing and rare white tigers… visitors were waiting patiently and silently for the big, beautiful, and silver fur male, opening his blue eyes… All of them wanted to see the amazing blue tiger eyes, including the tiny Kate.
All the visitors would love to tend hands and caress the thick silver fur. It was about the invincible attraction of peril… and beauty... and power.

She stops her memories, frowning ... Why does she link Gibbs, her boss, the former marine, the harder ass, with a tiger???… Mmm… let's the amazing zephyr color eyes apart… And the fur, yes… thick… silver and certainly smooth. She wants to reach out her hand and caress the silky surface (keep your hands off ,Kate… if you appreciate your job… and besides, you are too young to die).

Let's think about the past…
It is not about the color, no, it is about "Beauty and power" that's why...
Little Kate heard the increasing murmur, the tiger from the past had opened his waited eyes and his unwanted mouth in a resounding although drowsy roar…
The little Katie took a sudden step back, feeling her heart beating fast beneath her tartan coat. Her fragile body paralyzed...her eyes focused on the blue eyes over the proud pink nose… the pink lip lightly up at one side of the mouth … showing the gums and sharp teeth in a silent roar…
Oh!!! What a fascinating fear….."Beauty and power"…
That's it, "beauty + power= attraction"
Kate is back to her present, she frowns… risking a quick glance to her boss "Is she going crazy?"

She looks at her screen with a hard concentration. Useless...that little voice in her mind whispers to her…" beauty + power= attraction, Kate "…
Yeah… it must be the stress over the past days… it is driving her nuts… that's all.

Except that she never considered Gibbs as a good looking man before.
Just recently, strange things are happening, she noticed, that many women find him attractive; despite the omnipresent face of bad humor…...
Yes, sometimes, when her boss passes by, the females who walk pass him couldn't resist not turning their head to have a better look of him…and look at him with lust in their eyes…or insinuate themselves flirting in a more or less direct way. And damn him… he just smirks, enjoying the attention.
This had been funny at the beginning, every time it happens; but as time past, she is getting more and more disturbed.
Oh… she also had commented the thing with DiNozzo, who had given her one of his weird looks and she never had mentioned to him the issue … not anymore. She is not stupid.
Tony is a completely different case of course... He puts tremendous efforts to get the effect that Gibbs, fifteen years older than him, have with no effort. Except on her, sure. Or not? Well, may be a bit... Well, OK." Yes, Kate: YES. Beauty + power= attraction Definitively YES" corrects her little voice … she gives a silent "chist" to it.
She compares the two, Gibbs and Tony in some physical aspects and details using her profiler skills. Letting the eyes and this amazing blue... Let's take in account the mouth: in Tony: well delineate, perfect teeth, captivating smile that makes women melt … but this smile was for her just "nice, warm, friendly"...
On the other hand... Gibbs smile….
Of course … Gibbs NEVER smiles… at least at work.
She risks another glance... just one more. His mouth was…..
Strict?? Stern???
Just this? Nothing else?
And ...and......what else?...Na da.
Why the hell, she can't describe Gibbs mouth?
The answer comes to her suddenly ... because... like his eyes.... UNREADABLE... yes, that's it … the same neutral face that he shows during suspects interrogation … he disguises his emotions , hides his reactions, his thinking , his feeling… until you could believe he doesn't feel anything at all….
But there is his personal "smirk"… this almost omnipresent little one sided smile … soooo Gibbs … This little irritant smirk that makes his bright eyes shine even more…
It was definitely….." Sensual"
Beauty … and Power...
Stop it Kate! What happens with you? You are not the masochist type...
How can you find attraction in fear?
And you have your answer.... you don't scare easily …
It's not fear but… curiosity…
Insatiable and persistent curiosity....
Kate… you must accept that he has a "perfect" body… how many times have you ever seen a body like his… even in younger men? …
Yes… she is going to propose a new rule: have "this hot, sexy body is strictly forbidden for guys around 50, mainly for the ones with amazing blue eyes and sexy mouth…like her boss…Jehtro Gibbs"
Oh… you little voice… keep your mouth shut!!! … I MUST work….
A triumphant sound from Tony attracts her attention ...
Ohhh... nooooo. He is ahead of her …he is winning!!!! and he can't win ... not again…
TBC












.
End Notes:
My FIRST Fic.... please, be gentle !
Thanks to Supernova , who helped beta'in and editing this fic... and convinced me to post, despite english is not my first language.
The silver tiger by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
" Oh God... I would give anything to know what he is dreaming about...."
The silver Tiger: Ch 2

A triumphant sound from Tony attracts her attention ...
___Ohhh... nooooo. He is ahead of her, he is winning… and he can't win ... No sir. Not again…

As Gibbs always does, he lets them both have the same problem or case to solve … competence is a good motivation, and as they always do, they bite the bait. For God's sake.
It's blatant evident... Tony is going faster, he is anxious, highly motivated, and wants to compensate his previous mistakes. Yesterday he received four consecutive slaps (ouch! VERY HARD slaps) on the head from his furious and frustrated boss who felt the pressure from the FBI over him and his team.
Gibbs had became more pissed off and it was over 8 pm when he strode out the bullpen (to get more coffee) with no words or just a look to them.

Releasing a sigh she came back from her past recollection and daydreaming; forces herself to focus. Minutes go by and the bullpen is acquiring its sounds and noises are slowly increasing. Gibbs is still asleep.
Balboa comes in with trio of probies, instructing them with satisfaction and care in chain of evidence.

Kate's fingers fly over the keyboard; she looks occasionally to Tony, who is messing his hair with anger and goes back to the keyboard hitting the mouse against the mouse pad. She recalled a recent chat with two former buddies from the Secret Service , they had talk about the advantages and disadvantages of her new position…and her new team mates and boss had been matter of conversation and fun.
…" Let me tell you something about Tony and his mouse pad incident…my partner Dinozzo, has a special mouse pad he got from SOME "art" magazine…it pictures an scantily clad woman on their knees…when our strict no nonsense boss saw Dinozzo beloved mouse pad, he slapped his head , HARD!!! And said that if he sees the pad again, he'll use his bloody mouse to smack his sex starved head"… "So, Tony flips his pad every time Gibbs is in the bullpen and flips it back to the hot girl when Gibbs is out the bullpen. Tony would smile kinkily at his mouse pad like an idiotic, for hours" …

Kate knows that Tony is losing… he has come to a dead end with his search.
Sure, yesterday he didn't check with Abby regarding the case results; Dinozzo had run out of the bullpen worried that he'll miss intercepting the buxom secretary on the 8th floor that he is trying to hook up with…. So, a millisecond after Gibbs went downstairs to refill his coffee Tony was missing.
Sliding smoothly her mouse Kate crosses matches, discards options.... hearing the snorts of frustration that comes from Tony's desk. " ..This time, you are mine… buddy, no way"...

She lets the program run itself with the final check up and crosses her arms, with a satisfied smile Kate looks around the bullpen. Gibbs is still sleeping despite the increasing noise and the sunlight that reaches the wide windows and spreads its shinning fingers over the carpet.
The twinkling window on her screen was like a shout of triumph: *POSITIVE MATCH *...
With a sharp low scream she archived the results, then, sent the file to Gibbs and command a print. She couldn't help her wide smile and not even tried to hide it. She gives a look of superiority to Tony when passing at his side, walking her way to the shared printer.

Tony glances at her as she turns around, document in hand, and changes his face of resignation from an admiration new one, devouring her with his eyes with a silent whistle.
___WOW! Kate!!! Have a date tonight??? Got a new boy toy, girl?
___ None of your business Tony!.
She ignores the masculine eyes that slides along her legs, gives him her back purposely and walks to the desk of the tiger…" eee… of her boss"…

She stops at the exact distance they used to manage in unspoken agreement and put the feet together in firm position and straighten her skirt:
____Gibbs...
She called, whispering.
Then in a little loud voice:
__ Gibbs!

Na.. da.
Oh…. my Lord.

Snores had stopped but his breathing is less deep and shorter now, his eyelids are trembling; She gets closer and crouches down at the side of his chair.
She freezes; motionless, looking at him from their (oh… so close) position as they never had before...
"ha ha... except in the Philadelphia, Kate… are you forgetting about the Philadelphia? Girl?..
Points this ominous little voice that travels her inside and gets her stomach knot in pain and expectation.

__ Oh... God… I would give anything to know what he is dreaming about …
Anything it is, smoothes the omnipresent frown and the sides (both!) of his mouth curve slightly in a very little and sweet smile.
She takes her breath in, looking intensely, keeping in her memory like taking pictures of each detail, each new discovery of his face normally hidden by the unavoidable blue eyes.
She would never dare to study Gibbs face while he is awake… brrrr!!!
She gets even closer…indefectible attracted.

... The skin of his eyelids … delicately visible, lets see, very thin blue veins....

... Thin wrinkles around the eyes show the constant and attentive inquisition of his look that she knows so well. She could read there… the results of hard work and intense…. suffering?

Pale.... Almost white eyelashes!!!… Surprisingly long and curved at the translucent tips…
Oh… life is unfair, Kate thought: why, being a woman she has no eyelashes as long as his…? What in hell does a former marine need these eyelashes??? She almost can feel them in her fingertips… silky, coarse and invisible in their white color.
A little freckle over the left temple...Tense cheekbones, strong mandible and muscles.
His five's shadow shines like silver glitter… as sugar on his cheeks and chin.

Kate feels how her skin by its own decision is sending to her brain the vivid sensation of this roughness glaring her own cheeks and she receives in change a flashing chill that radiates from her axis to her whole body.
.
She lets her breath out …____ "Kate, don't pant! Take control of your breathing. Now!!
The printed papers are trembling in her hand. Slowly…silently, she changes her position and left them over his desk. Then as slowly as possible, she bends over the arm of the chair… closing in..
She feels the warmth radiating from his body ...and feels her skin burns with no warning and the delicate hair of her forearms stands, she has Goosebumps

__ Oh… God!!! Damn it ¡!
__ don't lie yourself Kate.... (Again, the impish little voice, just don't pay attention) …
How did she reach this point?
How could this man, among all, can cause this effect, by his mere presence?
Forget it... Kate... you will get over!!! (This time, the little voice keeps silence).
This man is YOUR BOSS, KATE.
He is an agent, you are an agent and "romance between agents, Kate. It never works"…Just forget it.

The man is Independent, unpredictable, hard ass, grumpy, sharp intelligent,persistent….
Loyal to his own codes, she saw him … cold and lethal with criminals, he can kill in cold blood.
She, on the other hand…
For years, she had looked for the switch that allows her to disconnect her heart from the pain that she feels each time she must shoot someone. Each time she is going to kill someone, her heart cries in pain and guilt…
Gibbs .. on the other hand ...
But strangely... surprissingly, shockingly….the tiger is compassive, smooth even tender, towards children, olds, sicks, and animals, she had witnessed how sweets his voice and witness gentle touch of his strong hands for them.
Her boss, this man.
A terrible enemy.
A difficult (and unconditional) friend …A…

The buzz from the printer makes her twist her head
It' seemed centuries of contemplative look… but it was just seconds.
Tony has stopped his furious typing and is printing his results with a satisfied smile.

Oh ¡! He has spied her screen... the damned son of a bitch ¡!!
He has no right … she had finished FIRST, she has worked hard… the success belongs to her… Dam nit Tony... he has no rights at all!!! She can't allow him…
Whatever it costs ... she is going to get Gibbs' attention first!!! You will see Tony….

She stands up a little on the heels of his elegant sandals....

Her free hand is in a half way to the relaxed and solid shoulder of the silver tiger. Just now she goes to...
She could hear Tony at her back... chuckling disapprovingly...and giving a whispered

___NOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
Kate looks at him from her awkward position ... annoyed by the satisfied air he spreads up around... his frown up and his mouth in "o" shape around the pencil that he bits hardly while he ratifies his "NO" shaking his head side to side.
He extracts the bitten pencil from his mouth pointing them and prevents with a very sweet smile:
___Don't, Kate ¡
___What?
___Don't do that…
___Do WHAT ... Tony?
__ Don't awake Gibbs... not that way....

But his smile disappears replaced by a grin of terror...
Kate's hand is on Gibbs shoulder… perfectly settled in the spot between the shoulder and the neck.
Dinozzo's voice trembles with fear under his words:
...
__UGGGGGG NOOO KATE !!! DON'T !!!!
He started a jump trying to reach her …

IT IS TOO LATE.
End Notes:
If you like humour...you got it !!!
Hope you enjoy....
The silver tiger Ch#3 by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
He is going to open his eyes at his basement, under his boat, nestled under her skeleton... the amorously sanded wood ribs guarding him.... protecting him....
The silver tiger Ch 3:

"..We are such stuff/as dreams are made on/and our little life/ is rounded with a sleep…"
The Magician Prospero.
In: "The tempest" .
By William Shakespeare.

Where is that the dreams end and real life begins? He doesn't know… and neither do I. Enjoy your dreams !!! .
Dolphinsiren.
________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3:

January 15, 1991- Dessert Storm- morning of the second day. Some place near the West Coast of Kuwait.

The worst is not the increasing heat, neither the thirst … not even his pain. He can resist them all quite well. He is trained to put aside physical as well as psychological pain. He is able to bury them in a dark deep corner of his mind and continue his mission.

The worst is the LIGHT….
Light that shines, blinding him mercilessly and his sore eyes after one night wearing the infra red goggle.
Light that cause tears from his eyes, each photon piercing fiercely to his brain.
Minutes, hours, centuries of light. He grits his teeth and feels the sand crunching into his dry mouth. His gun fells more and more heavy, digging his shoulder. He changed its position as he walks, take a glance at his commanding officer… who, as each one in the little group is wondering, where in hell the damn it helicopter is? Which is supposed to take them out from the heated hell?
They had been separated from their Unit fifteen hours ago, after a short combat that had caused two casualties. They should have been evacuated by the air support or by the nearest tank unit division. "Where are they...?"
He sighs and looks at the shinning blue sky.... dark spots fly around following them...watching them, just waiting. He looks at the vultures with hate, knowing that the smell of blood attracts the damn birds … yeah… the dried blood on his clothes, the smell and sight of the two bodies they are carrying … "no one is left behind"…
He can smell the blood himself… like the dark butcher birds do. His own blood, the blood of his brother in arms…his friends.
Good God ! If they are extracted on time, they could still be alive.…
But war is war, even the vultures know it. They will come soon... hundreds of them, sprinkling in dark of the white the burning sand… squeaking ... just waiting.

A flashlight.....

It's a dream.
Now he knows. Just a dream.
The same nightmare, over and over again…
It's a dream…
He is going to be awake in his basement… under his boat , nestled under her skeleton of amorously sanded wood guarding him… protecting him.
Just a dream. He knows it.
" Now… I'm sure… it is just a nightmare, Jethro"… .

The squeaks increase in frequency and tone; acquire rhythm and intensity. The increasing intensity of the chopper's rotors approaching them from the sky… is a friendly one. He recognizes the sound.
But... it wasn't just a dream... Jethro?
The same repeated nightmare?
The same repeated and damned dream?

IS NOT the same because.....

Now... all is silence.

His eyes opens to the sky… blue in blue.
He is alone in the middle of the silent land.
Under the shining sky.
And seconds go by….one by one.
His weak heartbeats are the only sound under the sky… into the light…
And the silence is all over around him.

Suddenly, the scenery changes,
There is a warm breeze in his ears coming along with a smooth murmur… a well known and rhythmic murmur … attracting him, cradling his feelings of abandon and solitude … caressing his loneliness…
He permits himself to be attracted … runs to the top of the next dune and there at his feet it is:
THE SEA.

Slow waves break in white foamy surface under the sunlight.
He walks along the waterline, the sand gives out, under the thick sole of his combat boots and his footprints are filled with salt water as soon as he walks …
A little crab, spotted in yellow and blue, flees as fast as possible and enters its hole keeping the funny protruding eyes over him as it runs.
He falls down over his knees and sinks his hands in the water ... washing out the dried blood with the fresh liquid… bliss …
Then, wets his face feeling the stings of the salt brushing his sore wounded skin
It's a vivid sensation: pungent and alive it's REAL.
It's not a dream...
It's reality.

A very well known laugh from his back makes him jump on his feet.
In confused disbelieve he blinks focusing in the amazing features in front of him…
His heart beats powerful and strong, miraculously recover from his sadness and pain.

AND THERE SHE IS.
She is real.
His angel
Smiling to him... her beautiful bare feet on sand, the dark brown hair lighted with red streaks from the sun, undulates over her shoulders captive into the warm breeze.

Her skirt, made of thin pink chiffon snakes around her tanned legs, her beautiful slender but strong legs splashed with seawater and foam…
He couldn't help to be attracted to the sight ... he walks slowly ,closer to her... he approaches until the wide shadow of his own body covers her entirely being. And she just looks at him smiling with certainty and trust of who is truly loved.
IT IS NOT A DREAM. IT IS REAL.
" REAL!" … shouts his body, resurging untouched from the exhaustion and pain.
" REAL! " … shouts his brain, coming with new hopes from the loneliness and disillusion, and from this old and so well hidden pain that brings to his night dreaming the loved voices and faces of which he isn't going to see in life again, just to be awake every day knowing that they are lost forever while he lives on earth.

But now… the only thing that is real… is his angel.…

Her skin is so smooth under his rough hands
Her wet lips so tempting
Her hair so fragrant
As he always had imaged and more…so much more.
Only reality is so strong... so real
.
Her slender and smooth body, leaning over his chest, diving into his embrace, is real…
Her wet and pink mouth opening for him, is real
Her small hands sliding around his neck, into his hair… are real….
The urge of his want is real... out of the time… real forever.
He needs her.
Imperiously…right here, right now.
He embraces her , impetuous , almost rude... crushing her thin but strong body against him with no care and she yields in… pleasing him like a sail answering the wind , guiding his ship to the open see..
HE IS ALIVE.
HE IS FREE.
Her eyes wrap him into dark velvet … calming his sore eyes with her smooth caressing …
Her mouth opens to him warm and wet… a promise of the next coming total union of their bodies
He can round her thin waist just with his span of arms as he had always known that would be. The sudden movement makes the strap of her dress slipped down her shoulder, exposing a triangle of milky skin, and emerging proudly from the smooth roundness is the delicate dark pink of the nipple, hard and firm in his calloused palm.
He is almost crying from the intensity of his want… and falls down over his knees, dragging her… decided to make her pleasant body lie down over the sand at the edge of the murmuring waves.

A shadow.
In the limit of his vision


An alarm ring sounds in his trained mind.
Even before he could feel its weight, sees the hand making prey on his shoulder, strong, fast and furtive.
The steel blade is just a shine under the sunlight, and he reacts instantly. Years of practice make it as easy and effective as breathing.
The force of his defensive twist brings him to fall down over the sand on top of his enemy, pinning him against the wet sand under his weight, the soldier trashes his dark head side to side helpless, his armed hand trapped under his own body in a painful angle.
Ducky's voice sounds vivid … echoing in his mind: ___ "Marines kill with bare hands" …
He makes prey on the skull and mandible with expertise handling. Now he is going to hear the crushing sound from his vertebrae and… that'll be the end.
The Silver Tiger Ch4 by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
My God, Gibbs!!! Now I know WHY you are thrice divorced !!!!
She was looking at Tony disapprovingly. Oh ¡ this fool self satisfied smile in addition to the unashamed way he was looking openly at her legs ( and butt). She really doesn't know what is worst: If is this air of superiority around his (God knows why) warning , or the masculine eyes that travel annoyingly along her lower body. Had been spying her screen, the bloody bastard, she‘ll made him pay for that.
Oh ¡ damn it ¡ Gibbs had asked for this job done ASAP, and the job was done, WELL done, by her. Tony had not rights to think he could win again, wrapping her with his tricks.
Kate, you just have to awake the tiger…eeee, the " bossman" . What could happen? Some more of the early morning bad humor to which she is already used ,and she can change it so rapidly with her news… the bad mood will fly by the window as soon as she give him the key of the case and get a strong coffee to humor her boss.
She rested her small hand ,delicately and smooth ,over the solid shoulder shaking him lightly …
__"Gibbs???"

THEN, IT HAPPENED.
So fast, so unexpected, that she never would be able to rebuilt this split second in her mind. Only the shock remained there, darkening the memory.
She had opened the cage where the tiger slept.

Every one in the bullpen was frightened by the sudden noise coming from Gibbs place. The computer screen falls down to the floor, dragging the keyboard, a pile of files and two boxes full of office supplies. And Gibbs chair goes overturned, casters up… still rolling in the air.
All eyes from around converge at the epicenter of the earthquake. In the middle of the mess of spread files and pencils and clips rained all around, pinned against the carpet , is the Special Agent Todd, or the visible part of her , and her now less impeccable pink suit, much less impeccable hair and Oh ! so much less impeccable face, emerging from underneath the bulk of her boss, The Special " special" Agent Gibbs. Their faces, almost grazing, mirror extreme surprise with a little touch of panic. Both are breathing hard.

Kate stays still. She does not move a muscle… for a never ending second she feels like a prey must feel. Oh… she is pretty sure, that's how the tiger prey feels just before become into juicy food.
The amazing blue eyes of the silver tiger met her own and none of them say nothing… each one frozen in the full perception of the other.
She doesn't move, even knowing that she is capable of free herself with a sharp hit to the groin and twist their respective positions… but it would require a considerable effort from her, and besides… what for?… This only would cause to be fired, in the case she is already not.
So… she stay there, motionless despite the painful pressure around her neck and jaw, and obliges herself to be relaxed, to accept the physical and psychological restraint waiting for Gibbs fully back to his mental faculties.
Oh … my Lord! She was interrupted some kind of " day "mare ...



Everyone in the bullpen had jumped at the sudden unexpected noise. Once the source of the quake was identified as no related with a terrorist attack to the HQ , or some type of internal disorder as could be an "special" Special Agent becoming nuts and attacking a suspect or cutting the head of one of the Hoover's boys off ( not rare in Gibbs normal behavior), the older agents came to their places back shaking heads and sighing, followed by everybody else . Agent Balboa lets him sit down in front of the speechless " probies" and declares with a asymmetric smile :
---" Another one that never , ever, will try to awake Agent Gibbs anymore .."
Di Nozzo stands still looking at his team mates with open mouth and wide eyes. He knows by experience that his intervention would complicate as hell the already complicated things. The best option for him was to keep silence and stay away , by once....

Gibbs blinks repeatedly and shakes his head as a Cocker Spaniel outgoing from the water. His foggy eyes finally focuses clearly the weird scene. Frowning strongly to Kate, with an odd neutral tone in his voice he asks :
___Kate ! WHAT- in- hell- are you doing - HERE? …
___What a damn it coincidence!.. That's the same question I'm doing to myself , Gibbs !!! -she manages to whisper between her teeth .
Slowly , VERY slowly, Gibbs releases her head from his strong hand and rests his elbow at her side , resting there part of his body weight while alleviates the pressure of his other hand from her jaw and neck side and do the same , he keeps looking at her… eyes locked. Still lying under his massive body she stretches with a sigh of release and looks more deeply at the damn it blue eyes focused on hers.
The normally clear blue is darkened by the dilated pupils and he is still breathing hard.
Kate can hear the air escaping between his teeth and sees how his wide chest moves up and down over her. None of them move , frozen in their own senses and feelings , the dark blue eyes take residence in the curve of her neck so intensely that makes her heart beating up again and she bits her lower lip , feeling the heat spreading over her cheeks, knowing he is undoubtedly noticed about her reaction. He is still on top of her and that feels… extremely… surprisingly… amazingly…fucking… GOOD !!!
Oh... yeah ¡!! Even better than what she had felt in the Philadelphia emergency blow… oh… yes, WOW !!! … she wants to circle his waist and crush his whole body against hers… to feel every inch of his ( wow!) shapes with every inch of her own…
But Gibbs seems, if it was possible a little embarrassed … he breaks the eye contact and clears his voice before saying in a whisper:
___ Kate!… you OK?…I... eee… I dunno what…
For the very first time in his life he really doesn't know what to say.( Sure: " never say you are sorry" …Kate thinks… ) reluctantly… he meets her eyes again…waiting for her to answer.
___ I'm fine ¡!! Gibbs , and if you ‘d get up , I should be better ¡!! she whispers trying to recover the movements of her jaw.
" You !! LIAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!" (Chants the impish little voice dancing in stretching circles around her brain )___ You have to confess, my dear…!! It's even better than the damn it submarine… and you want MORE… more of him to touch. to feel… to ...have . Just accept it!!
___OK ! OK ! just shut your mouth… or whatever you have in its place!…It's GOOD! It's soooo good… I want to stay here forever !!!… The only trouble is…

She straightens up resting on her elbows and looks down along her lower body at the time he does; his lower body is still restraining hers strongly, his right leg crossed over her left one and (GOD !) his big left knee is settled just in the up center between her tights , that the pink skirt , stretched up in the down , let practically bared .
She can perceive his warm even trough the thick fabric of his pants , and his erratic breath baths her face, making her blushing even more furiously… she can't help to answer his labored breath with her own. The heat radiating from him gives chills to her blushed skin while her neck and chest keep burning . Kate opens her mouth with an incredible effort to hide her emotion (and arousal, yes)….with a little crying sound she tries to move back , in a failed intent to alleviate the hot pressure over her pelvis.
___ Oh!!... damn it …. even worst ... ( You want to say "better".. Kate" chants the little voice, this time laughing with no mercy) She doesn't know how or why, but the contact is increasing … giving up, Kate lets her down back again over the carpet and closes her eyes.
___Oh... my.... God. How it could be? I can't believe he does not noticed anything ???…
She is conscious of the hot spot in her lower belly and feels the wet that starts to soak his thong, SHE MUST FLEE OUT OF HERE ! immediately, now… just NOW!!! She commands her brain to go out of the pool of hormones where it was relegated by the closeness with her boss and manages to reach the wide chest with one hand pushing him up :
____Please Gibbs, please… just stand up! NOW !… you are crushing me… STAND !
She tries to give a certain tone of command to her voice that help to shake his brain …
___Kate! ( his voice is low and grave, with a ( luscious ?) tone she has never heard before and makes her trembling from inside) .



----Kate... was not my intention…. I was… dreaming.

He stands up looking around, letting her completely free and helps her up. His face almost normal while fixing his clothes.
She sighs and smoothes her skirt down in a vain intent to hide her legs from the collective sight.
Nobody is looking openly, not even Di Nozzo that fakes it being busy at his desk.
Everybody hear , all around them. She is pretty sure.

___Well ... Gibbs.... damn it you !!! I see WHY you are THRICE DIVORCED !!!!!!…

Tiredly she smiles, with her proud much more wrinkled than her pink new suit ...
He frowns and look at her critically , combing with his opened fingers the silver wet hair over his temples and forehead.
---NOPE !!! why in a bloody hell you think that way ,Kate !!!… is NOT that crap every night !!! IF YOU HAD BEEN SLEEPING with me I would kno….
She almost pant and opens his mouth in disbelief . Is she actually hearing what she is hearing? Is actually Gibbs hearing what he is telling her?…Trying to find some words she looks down . And she saw.

Is she actually seeing what she is seeing? ( Yes ! Kate! yes ¡!! Take the hint!!! Look... look well !
___(_"Oh no... this voice, again… just ignore it…)
But she couldn't help and looks.
No doubts at all, man. He is hard… (correction: " PRETTY" hard; the bulge in his pants presses hardly the fabric… almost pulling from his belt…
" Yes Kate, they all were right when they said WOW !!! her second voice says…" . Kate is not a shy person. She has slept with the enough men to know that an early morning hard on is just a physiological response…but she is enough experienced to know, too, that THIS hard is not one of those.
She covers her face with both hands and exhales deeply. Still hearing Gibbs voice defending himself:
___I wanted to say that I don't use to attack anybody sleeping with me at home !… or well, wherever … I mean… just if I'm sleeping in alert condition.…. you know … Damn it hell, Kate !!! For God sake us !! Why you women ,don't have any combat experience !!… Oh … my God… I'm too old for- this!- fucking! - shit !!!. He declares in a bit loud voice to the ceiling. Then, gives up to explain more and sigh:
___I NEED COFFEE…A VERY, LARGE AND STRONG COFFEE !!! ( AND A VERY LONG AND COLD SHOWER, Jethro, my dear )… his own little voice says, as he strode to the elevator .

___And YOU need a cold shower too , pretty girl !!!, said the malicious voice inside Kate….even when nobody can see it on you Kate .. you are as well aroused as him, girl !!!" .
Shit. She sighs once more, smoothing the pink fabric of her skirt and looking defiantly around.

Alone, his back against the cold wall of the elevator Gibbs thinks with a very little almost shy smile:
Oh !… this damn it skirt … a fresh pink.. a light pink.. So feminine…" A Kate's pink" .

End !!!…
End Notes:
This story is completed!!!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6244