She's Back by no1bean
Summary: Mac and Chris return from scotland. sequel to the secret daughter
Categories: Abby/McGee, DiNozzo/Kate, Other Het Pairings Characters: None
Genre: Drama, Established relationship, Friendship
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate, Abby/McGee, Other Pairing
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 10881 Read: 62678 Published: 02/07/2007 Updated: 03/04/2007
Story Notes:
this is the sequel to another of my fics. to make this one make sense, you have to read the other. it is called the secret daughter

1. She\'s Back by no1bean

2. Chapter 2 by no1bean

3. Chapter 3 by no1bean

4. Chapter 4 by no1bean

5. Chapter 5 by no1bean

6. Chapter 6 by no1bean

7. Chapter 7 by no1bean

8. Chapter 8 by no1bean

9. Chapter 9 by no1bean

10. Chapter 10 by no1bean

11. Chapter 11 by no1bean

12. Chapter 12 by no1bean

13. Chapter 13 by no1bean

14. Chapter 14 by no1bean

15. Chapter 15 by no1bean

16. Chapter 16 by no1bean

17. Chapter 17: the end by no1bean

She\'s Back by no1bean
Author's Notes:
Mac and Chris return from scotland. sequel to the secret daughter
This is a sequel to The Secret Daughter. for this to make sense. read that first

Chapter 1

Michael and his friend were having fun after school. Michael's mum let him stay out a little longer than usual because it was Darren, his friend's birthday. He sensed trouble before the group walked round the corner. Sure, both groups of people were only seven, but it was big to them. "Oh, look who it is" the bigger boy said, Michael knew him from school, his name was Peter.
"What do you want?" Michael asked, uninterested.
"Oh, nothing" he said, obviously lying.
"Really?" Michael said, applying his mother's sarcastic tone.
"You know, you sound like that crazy goth when you say that" Peter said, knowing this would wind the geek up.
"Don't you say that about my mum!" Michael practically screamed.
"How'd you know I wasn't talking about you freak?" Peter said, eying Michael's black, hair and black attire.
"You better not have been" Michael said in his ‘threatening' tone, which he had leaned from his uncle.
"Come on then" Peter said, motioning to him. Michael took him up on this. He swung his fist with all his might, which was a lot. That he had learned from all his relatives.
"Peter?" a high pitched voice came from behind them.
"Shit" Michael whispered, knowing the voice. His parents didn't like him swearing, but under the circumstances, he thought they would understand. He spun round to see a woman, middle height and too skinny for her own good. Michael recognised her instantly as Peter's mum. She walked right up to Michael and started yelling.
"Why the hell did you hit him?!!"
"He insulted me and my family." He replied coolly.
"What are you, Mafia?" she said. And seeing the look on his face, she landed a well placed slap on his face, it was hard and he felt it sting like hell, he wasn't gonna cry though, his mum never did, and neither did he. Before the woman knew it, a strong figure was upon her. It was a woman, and she couldn't help but notice the sig shoved in her face.
"You, ever, ever touch him or come near him again, and I mean near as in 100 feet, I will personally blow your brains out!" the look on her face and the tone of her voice told her she wasn't bluffing. The woman had at least a foot and 50 pounds on her. And she felt a badge up against her waist and new she wouldn't win a fight. The woman let her go and she scurried off, grabbing her son by the hand and running round the corner, his friends in tow. The stronger of the two woman turned around to face the two boys, stunned looks on their faces. "You ok?" she asked Michael.
"Um…Yes" he said, still rubbing his face.
"Good. I would know you anywhere. You are the spitting image of your mother." Michael picked up the very distinguished Scottish accent in her voice.

"Probie, update" Agent DiNozzo yelled at the new probie as he entered the bullpen.
"I don't she why I have to do paperwork, it's been like forever" Kate told her husband.
"Maybe because I don't want my fully pregnant wife risking any injuries in the field" Tony told her, causing her to stick out her tongue, a trait she picked up from Abby.
"Um..sir?" the youngest agent said.
"What is it probie?" he said, turning back on his ‘Boss' voice.
"Um…nothing" she said, turning back to her work Tony knew it was mean but he still loved tormenting the probies. After Gibbs ‘properly' retired, Tony was appointed team leader, again. McGee had got promoted a little later. Abby, Ducky and Palmer were still all doing the same jobs, even after 7 years. Even though Gibbs had retired the previous year, he never left NCIS, he was always still hanging around.
Tony checked his email, 3 unread. He replied to all the McGees. Tim, Abby and Michael. The seven year old was as computer smart as both his parents, who were the brainiest two people he knew. He spun round to the rest of the bullpen. His eyes still on the floor. He spotted a pair of shaped legs in front of him, he could see that they were even through the grey cargo pants. His eyes travelled up over her toned body until he met the unique, penetrating, deep blue stare he knew, and he was so shocked he could only utter two words.
"Hey Mac"
End Notes:
this is the sequel to another of my fics. to make this one make sense, you have to read the other. it is called the secret daughter
Chapter 2 by no1bean
Chapter 2

"DiNozzo, stop it, your married." She said as he looked her up and down.
"So are you"
"True" she looked exactly the same as seven years ago. Her hair had grown a bit though.
"Good to see you again man" she said giving him a hug.
"You too"
"Kate!" she said, running over and hugging her, with difficulty. Her arms barely went round the heavily pregnant woman. "How are you?"
"Great. You?"
"Same."
"Um…Agent DiNozzo?" the director's assistant called over the railing.
"Yes" Tony and Kate said at the same time.
"Um…Mrs Agent DiNozzo."
"Yes" Kate said.
"Director McGee wants to see you"
"Tell him I'll be up in a second." When they all looked round, Mac was a little confused. The two probies were staring at her.
"Um…hey" she said, a little creeped out.

"Honey what happened?" Abby enquired seeing her bruise on his face.
"Peter hit me" he lied. She didn't buy it.
"Mike, don't lie to me, I'm a scientist. Peter doesn't have the strength to do that. Who did it?"
"It's nothing…"
"Michael,"
"Fine. It was his mum"
"What!" Abby roared
"It's ok mum. This woman stopped her. She said she knew you, and then she gave me a ride here"
"What did I tell you about strangers?"
"She wasn't really a stranger, she works at NCIS. She had a badge"
"Who was it?"
"I didn't catch her name"
"Michael!"
"Mum, I'm ok. You'll probably know her from a description"
"Go for it"
"Um… long brown hair, blue eyes, 5' 9", pretty, foreign…"
"Wait, foreign?"
"Yup, I would say Scottish"
"Scottish? A Scottish, pretty, kick-ass NCIS agent" she said now speaking to herself. "Mac"

"Where is she?" Abby asked the probies when she burst into the bullpen.
"Who ma'am?" the youngest asked.
"Special Agent MacDonald, and don't call me ma'am"
"Who is that?"
"NCIS Special Agent Sarah MacDonald"
"Scuito" a voice came from behind her left ear.
"What?" she said, spinning round to see the woman behind her
"Special Agent Sarah Scuito,"
"Oh yeah, well welcome back Sarah" Abby said giving her sister-in-law a famous ‘Abby' hug.
"Don't call me Sarah, it sounds weird, at least after seven years." She chuckled.
"Sorry"
"Don't apologise, it's a sign…"
"Of weakness" Abby finished for her.
"Exactly. One question I've been dying to ask you sis,"
"Shoot"
"What's it like screwing the director?"
"What's it like screwing my brother?"
"You know I'm not gonna answer that."
"Exactly my point. Come on, you can now go ask your boss what it is like fucking the best forensic scientist in D.C." she said, taking Mac by the arm and leading her up the stairs.

"Mike what happened?" McGee asked him as the door to his office opened and his mother and aunt entered.
"Well" he began, knowing that after his mother had figured it out, there was no point in lying to his father. "Peter came up and insulted me, I hit him."
"Mike"
"Hey, you would have done the same thing. Well, his mum came up and hit me, then she…" he said, gesturing to the woman with her back turned. "Came in and threatened her, she got scared and backed off."
"She has a name" McGee told him.
"Sorry dad," which cause Mac to laugh.
"Thanks Mac" McGee told her.
"No problem probie" she joked, picking the black rose of off mcgee's desk and twirling it between her fingers
"Nice" Tony told her.
"Thanks". Causing a little laughter around the room. "Hey guys. What's the deal with the new probie?"
Chapter 3 by no1bean
Chapter 3

"So, just tell me" Michael asked his uncle Tony. "Who is that?"
"Who, her?" Tony said, indicating to Mac.
"Yes"
"You seriously don't know?" Tony chuckled.
"No, should I?"
"Yes, that's your aunt"
"What, Mac? Married to Uncle Chris?"
"Yup"
"Wow, I've always wanted to meet her. I've heard she's really cool"
"She is. I owe my life to her. You're lucky to know her."
"My ears are burning DiNozzo" a voice came from in front of them.
"And yeah, you have to watch what you say" he told his nephew.
"Damn straight."

"Uncle Chris!" Michael yelled as he brushed past his aunt, running into his uncle's arms.
"Hey buddy" he said, putting him down.
"How'd it go at work" Mac asked him
"Great, they're throwing a party to welcome me back."
"Great"
"It's a big formal thing, you guys are all invited"
"Cool," they all said
"When"
"Tuesday"

Tuesday

"Wow, you look great Abs" McGee told his wife.
"Why thank you, not to shabby yourself" she said, admiring his black suit.
"Hey guys" Mac said, walking up with Chris,
"Woah, and I mean woah" Abby said to her sister in law. She was wearing a black dress, long, a slit up to her knee. She had her silver ‘s' necklace one and her hair was down and straight, curled in at her shoulder.
"Right back at ya sis" she said, seeing Abby knee length black dress, her, hair down, for a change, and make-up same as usual.
"Why thank you."
"I gotta go to the bathroom, be right back" Mac said and she walked past them.
"How bout a dance honey?" McGee asked Abby.
"Sure" she said grabbing his hand and pulling him over to the dance floor, Chris walking back to the table and sitting down next to Tony.

"I expected the new chief of staff to be and old prick, but he is young and hot!" the chief resident told another doctor.
"He's married Emma" he replied.
"I know, but some guys like to cheat" she said hopefully.
"Not him"
"How'd you know?" a voice came from behind them.
"Well, how'd you know other wise" he asked her.
"Well, I had sex with him last night"
"Really? Well I'm sure his wife would like to know he is unfaithful"
"I don't think so."
"True. Well, I might be able to get a quickie with him"
"I never actually said he cheated"
"But you said that you… you said" she stuttered, a smile came across the other woman's face. "Mrs. Scuito, nice to meet you."
"Yeah" Mac said, chuckling. "Nice to see you again Pete" she said, turning to the male doctor.
"You too Mac"
"Mac!" a man yelled, causing her to spin around.
"What is it DiNozzo?" she yelled back.
"Kate won't dance with me"
"Kate! Dance with him!" Mac yelled.
"Please, I can't even walk without my feet hurting"
"True"
"Then you dance with me then"
"What is it with you and dancing?!"
"Well, I don't do it normally so, I wanna tonight"
"Cool, in about five minutes" she said, walking back to the table.
"How bout a drink Mac?" Abby asked her
"I don't drink"
"Come on, it is a special occasion. Have a glass of champagne"
"Fine then" she said reluctantly, taking the glass from Abby. She took a sip and screwed up her face. "Nice" she said, placing the glass back on the table. Abby took her arm and led her off to the side.
"I know that face"
"What face?" Mac said innocently.
"That face, I had the exact same one 8 years ago"
"Wow, 8 years" she said, trying to shift the topic.
"Mac, you're pregnant aren't you?"
"Um…yeah"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah."
"Wow, I'm surprised Chris didn't tell me, he cant keep a secret"
"Yeah, well that is kinda because he doesn't know"
"You haven't told him?"
"Nope."
"Mac, how bout that dance now? Tony said from behind the two girls.
"Sure" she said, and he took her by the arm and led her to the dance floor.

"So, how you feeling about the baby business?" Mac asked him when they were dancing.
"Well, nervous, scared, but excited as well" he said.
"I'm not surprised"
"Yeah"
"Names?"
"Well, since we wanted to be surprised by the sex, we have two picked out."
"Hit me"
"Well, if it is a boy, Jethro," this caused a small laugh from Mac.
"Does he know?"
"Nope. And I know that name could be a little weird for a kid, but we could shorten it to J"
"Yup, and if it is a girl?"
"Well, ma and Kate decided on…Sarah"
"Seriously?" Mac said, taken aback.
"Yeah, I mean there wouldn't have been any kid if it wasn't for you"
"You know people could take that the wrong way" she said jokingly.
"Well, you saved me when everyone thought I was ‘dead', and you got Kate out of that fire, and the situation in Italy."
"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."
"So, you like them?"
"Yeah, and I'm honoured" there was silence for another few minutes, then Mac screwed up her eyes.
"What is it?" he asked, concerned
"Nothing, I'm just waiting for something bad to happen"
"What?" he said, confused
"Well, every time something good happens to me, something bad happens to spoil it"
"Seriously?"
"Yup" and with the end of that conversation, they heard a gunshot.
Chapter 4 by no1bean
Chapter 4

Abby felt McGee's hand grip hers tighter for a second, them he slumped over her. She pushed against him to keep him upright. She moved her hand down to his stomach and felt a warm liquid run over her fingers. "Tim," she moaned, and with that he fell backwards on to the polished floor, and she saw his injury in better view. His white shirt was covered in blood, a single gunshot wound to his abdomen. She fell to her knees and took his hand in hers. Next thing she knew Chris was down beside her. Most of the doctors crowded round him trying to help. Mac and Tony pushed through them and came to Abby's side.
"What the hell happened?!" he yelled over the noise.
"Ah…Tony" Mac tried to get his attention.
"What" he said, focusing on McGee.
"Uh…go check if Kate is ok"
"She's fine"
"Well, I would say no considering her water just broke all over the floor." This caused him to jump up. He pushed his way back through the crowd, grabbing Ducky by the arm as he did so.
"Everyone, move away from him" a voice came from the crowd.
"Good idea" Chris agreed
"I mean now" the voice said, coldly, a few seconds after, everybody scattered, leaving only Abby, McGee, Chris and Mac. Mac spun around to see a glock stuck in her face.
"Shit"
"Get up now" the man said to Mac. She did so. "You too" he said to Chris.
"No, I need to help him" he said defiantly.
"You" he said, grabbing the doctor that Mac had been talking to earlier. "Help him. Get up now Dr Scuito." This time Chris did. "Now, agent Scuito" he said, swinging his gun back to face Mac "Over there" he said, gesturing to his left. She did so. She hit her left leg against her right, trying to knock her gun from the holster. The gunman saw this. "Do it and I'll blow your brains out"
"I don't care" she lied.
"Well, maybe you will now" he said, moving his aim from her head down to under her stomach. She swallowed hard and he knew he had hit a sore spot.
"No" Chris yelled, the man didn't move his attention away from Mac. "That'll ruin our chances of ever having a family" he sobbed.
"You haven't told him?" he asked Mac, her eyes closing.
"Told me what?" Chris asked confused
"Your little whore of a wife is knocked up"
"Don't' call her a whore!" Chris yelled.
"Ah ah ah," he said, cocking the gun. "I wouldn't do that if I were you" he moved his attention back to Chris. "You see, doctor," he sneered "you killed my wife, maybe not intentionally, but you still did it" Mac took this chance, she hit her legs together again, this time successfully and caught the gun and it fell. She moved off to the side, away from the gun.
"Drop your weapon" she demanded. He spun back around to where he thought she was, and realising his failure, he grabbed the nearest person before Mac could do anything. "Leave him alone!" she screamed, seeing the bastard holding her 7 year old nephew in front of him.
"You gave me no choice"
"You have one now, let him go" Abby was sobbing more uncontrollably now, her son was being held hostage and her husband was thinking out walking into the white light.
"I'm sorry" he moaned, I have to. Ha placed the gun at the base of Michael's skull and shut his eyes.
"NO!!" Abby yelled as she heard the shot
Chapter 5 by no1bean
Chapter 5

Blood spattered all over Michael's face. Mac caught him and he fell limply into her arms, Abby ran and skidded down beside Mac, taking Michael in her arms. Chris knelt down and took his pulse. "He's dead" he said quietly
"Of course he's fucking dead, he has a fucking bullet through his fucking skull"
"Never took you for the swearing type Gibbs" Mac said as he joined them.
"He told me not to" Michael said as he stirred, wiping the blood from his face.
"You ok Mike?" Abby asked.
"Yes mum, just a bit shocked"
"You sure?" Mac asked
"Yes. Of you had got here and shot him a second later Uncle Gibbs, I would be dead. Thanks"
"No problem kiddo. How's McGee doing?"
"Ambulance is on the way. Abby, go to him" she did, leaving them with Michael.
"I'm gonna see how Kate is doing" Mac said, walking off. They had all forgotten their friend had given birth. "So which is it," Mac said, meeting Tony half way. "J or Sarah"
"Both"
"What?"
"Twins"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah"
"Well, congrats man"
"Thanks. How's McGee?"
"On his way to the hospital. He should be ok"
"Good. And I hear congrats are in store for you too."
"Why thank you"
"And you are now a godmother"
"Cool, I'm gonna see how your wife is doing."
"Bye"

"Hey honey" Mac said kneeling down beside Kate. "How are you?"
"Fine" she said tiredly. "How are the others?"
"McGee is one the way to the hospital, Michael is fine, bastard is dead, Gibbs shot him"
"Good"
"You get some rest, congratulations Kate"
"You too Mac" she said, giving her a hug. "Did Tony tell you that we named her Sarah?"
"Yes, and I am honoured. Thanks Kate" she said, standing up.

"Hey Mac," Chris said, seeing his wife approaching.
"Hey, so now you know"
"Yeah, and I think it is great"
"Me too" she said, kissing him and leading him back to the group. Michael was back on his feat, the bastard who had tried to kill all of them was in a body bag.
Chapter 6 by no1bean
Chapter 6

"Career day?" McGee said as he read the flier from his hospital bed.
"Yeah" Michael said.
"When is it?"
"Wednesday"
"This Wednesday?"
"Yeah"
"Sorry buddy, I can't make it. I'm gonna be in here for a while. Ask your mum"
"Where is she?"
"At work"
"Who is filling in for you dad?" McGee let out a laugh.
"Your uncle Gibbs"

"Mum!" Michael yelled over the music.
"Hey. What's up?"
"Would you please go to career day?"
"Cool. Sure"
"Great!"
"Exactly what I was about to say" Palmer yelled, bursting through the door.
"What is it Jimmy?"
"I got my own ME's job in California!"
"Wow, that's great"
"Yeah, it means having to leave"
"We'll miss you" she said, giving him a hug
"Congrats jimmy" Michael told him.
"Thanks guys" he said, leaving as quick as he had come.

Wednesday

"Mum, you ready to go?" Michael called. There was no reply. "Mum" he heard a noise in the bathroom, he opened the door to see Abby's head hanging over the toilet. "You ok?"
"No. I don't think I can go"
"Ok, what will I do, I was supposed to bring someone, I'll get laughed at"
"Sorry honey, maybe you could ask Chris or Mac"
"Jessica's dad is a doctor, so I might ask aunt Mac. I hope you get better mum"
"Thanks honey"

"Scuito?" Mac said as she answered her cell phone.
"Aunt Mac"
"Oh hey Mike"
"My mum is sick, she can't come to career day at school, could you go instead?"
"Um…I think so. I'll swing by and pick you up at 8."
"Great, thanks"

"You ok Abs?" Mac asked as she stood at the door.
"I should be fine. Give it a couple of days."
"Ok, you ready to go mike?"
"Yeah. Bye mum" he said, giving her a peck on the cheek.
"Bye"
"See ya later Abs"

"Thank you Johnny" Michael's teacher said. "Michael your up next" he stood up and walked to the front and cleared his throat.
"Um…neither of my parents could make it today, my dad was shot and my mum is ill, so I brought my aunt instead. um… aunt Mac, your up" he said, sitting down as Mac stood up.
"Um…hey" she said nervously. "I am a special agent at NCIS, but I shouldn't be the one talking to you. He should" she said, confusing everyone.
"Who?" Michael asked confused.
"Me" a male voice came from behind them all.
"Dad!"
"Your up probie" Mac said to him
"Don't call me probie Mac"
"Sorry boss" she said, patting him on the back and walking to the back of the class.
"Hi, I am the director of NCIS…" he said as Mac's phone rang.
"Scuito"
"Hey Mac, its Gibbs. I need your help."
End Notes:
sorry, this chap is very uneventful
Chapter 7 by no1bean
Chapter 7

"McGee…" Mac said, interrupting.
"What is it?"
"I gotta go, see ya later" she said, turning to leave the classroom.
"I knew you would bail" a female voice said behind her, causing Mac to stop and turn around. She recognised the woman as the one that hit Michael.
"I thought I got rid of you."
"Yes, well obviously not. She said, making it sound like a threat, taking a step towards Mac.
"'Mon then" Mac said, taking a step towards her.
"Mac" McGee said.
"I know." She said, turning again. She spun around and made to run at the woman, who jumped and hid. Mac had done nothing, causing a smile to come over her face. She did leave this time and McGee got back to his talk.

"What is it Gibbs?" Mac asked as she entered his office.
"I have a mission for you"
"And?"
"It is really important, I need you to break in and sneak around. Steal something and not got caught"
"No pressure" she said sarcastically.
"You'll need to break the code to a safe, if you get the third time wrong, the alarm will sound, and they will catch you."
"Why me?"
"Well, Kate is on maternity leave, Tony is on paternity leave, McGee is in the hospital and I don't trust the probies."
"Oh, I feel so wanted"
"You were first on the list anyway."
"When?"
"Tomorrow."
"Ok then." She said, leaving again.

"Ah, Gerald my good man, you're back" Ducky said to his old assistant.
"That I am doctor"
"So, tell me. Why aren't you a full ME yet?"
"Oh I am, I just prefer being your assistant Ducky"
"Well let's get started then" he said, walking over to the latest body. The automatic doors opened and shut again and Gerald saw a beautiful woman enter. She smiled at him and then began to talk to Ducky.
"What you got?"
"TOD is blunt force trauma. COD is still undetermined for some reason I couldn't get an accurate reading."
"Why?"
"I'm not sure."
"Well, tell me when you do. I'm really busy. I'm like the only one here. I have a mission to prepare for tomorrow. Probies are at some conference thing."
"Do you not know their names?"
"No. I am doing all the forensics and all the field and desk work. Abby is chasing up a few leads between throwing up. Could you spare your assistant to help please?"
"Sure. Gerald. Help Sarah with work. I'm about to start the autopsy. Be careful with him Mac."
"I will dad" she said, laughing. The exited through the door and waited for the elevator.
"Did you just say dad?" he asked, confused.
"Yup." She said stepping onto the elevator.

"What do you need me to do?" he asked, sitting at Tony's desk.
"Could you possibly chase up lead and maybe work on some theories? The file is there. Thanks" she headed back down to the lab on the elevator.

the next day

"GERALD" Abby screamed as she leapt into the big man's arms.
"Hey Abs" he said, hugging her back. She was a lot better.
"Now, Mac" Abby said turning to her other friend.
"Hit me." She said. They were preparing her for the mission. She was in all black, a tight top and plain black combat trousers. It was an hour away from show time, and Mac was nearly all done. Her sig was already in it's holster at her back.
"You look very hot in that" Gerald told Mac.
"Um…Thanks" she said, not knowing if that was appropriate, her being married and all.
"We have standard issue camera in the glasses" Abby said, handing them over and Mac out them on. "No ear wig, we're going for more powerful head set." It was a ear piece with a microphone hanging down, just like they used in MTAC.
"What no PDA?" Mac asked as Abby handed her a pad and pencil. "To do more working on the code when you are there. We will help from MTAC"
"Got it."
"We ready to roll?" Gibbs asked.
"I think so"
"Then lets do this" Abby said excitedly.

A probie dropped Mac off at the location and she snuck slowly up to the secret back entrance. She vaguely heard the car drive off as she picked the lock. "Is coms up?" she heard Abby say through her earpiece. "Mac can you hear me."
"Crystal" she whispered.
"Sierra8, you have to drop in from the air vent." she heard Gibbs say.
"Copy Gulf" she said, climbing up and crawling the 100 feet to the room she needed to be in. "What is this, bloody Mission Impossible" she said to herself as she removed the grate. She dropped gracefully down to the floor. A pulled her sig, quickly clearing the room. It was clear.

"I'm in."
Chapter 8 by no1bean
Chapter 8

Mac snuck across the room and lifted the painting from the wall. "Remember sierra8, we need that disk"
"Well, I kinda need to get it open first Gulf." She said, her usual self.
"Sierra8, your hair is in the way of the camera" she grabbed the scrunchy from her wrist and tied it back.
"Better?"
"Yeah"
"Any ideas yet Abs?"
"Nope, you?"
"Not a clue" she said, pulling out her pad and pencil. "Now, any ideas on the code."
"Um… try 65 93 02 47" Mac typed it in, no joy.
"Nae joy"
"Nae?"
"No" Mac corrected herself.
"How about…" she said to herself, tapping her pencil on the already full piece if paper. "77 26 39 18" Abby heard the beep. "Damn it"
"Wrong?"
"Yup. One more try" she said, "Idea Abs?"
"Um, maybe."
"Maybe is better than no"
"Um…get ready to run. 29 64 78 60" Mac let out a deep breath. She heard another sound this time.
"Got it" she said grabbing the disk and moving to run. At that minute the alarm sounded. "Ben elef" she swore. "I've been made. Harah" she said, grabbing the disk and making a run for it. She stopped when she saw three glocks shoved in her face. "Otyebis ot menya!" she yelled at them, they threw her against the wall and something rattled. The next thing she saw was black.

"Shit!" Gibbs yelled from MTAC.
"I thought you said she had three shots?" Abby yelled back
"She was supposed to. I can't believe this."
"Oh and another thing, how many languages did she swear in?" Abby asked, trying to get her mind off it.
"Two, Hebrew and Russian."
"Wow" Abby said quietly. "I need to tell Chris." Abby said, going to leave.
"Abs, I'll get her back" he said reassuringly.
"I know" she said, leaving MTAC.

"Shit" she muttered as things came into focus. She noticed it was the next morning and she had definitely been moved, she was now somewhere in the country. Her top was ripped and she was bleeding a little. She saw one of the men advancing towards her. He went to hit her. She was hurt but was still quick. She twisted as kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying. "Al ta'atzben otti!"
"What!" he yelled.
"Don't piss me off!" she translated. "Ma nisrat lech bamoch?" she said, just to piss him off. Before she knew it, another man grabbed her from behind, a hand round her waist and one round her neck. "Ah" she moaned. He threw Mac, who was still tied up, up against the wall and hit her with the back of his hand. "Wad al haram" she swore in Arabic. Using the wall as leverage she swung her leg and hit him square on the side of the head, he fell to the ground. The first guy was upon her again, from behind this time. She felt a needle penetrate her arm, she got dizzy and fell to the floor, unconscious.
End Notes:
mac shows off her language skills
Chapter 9 by no1bean
Chapter 9

"Crap" she said as she saw the second man as soon as she woke up. Her mouth was dry because she hadn't had anything to drink in two days. "It's not nice to wake up to a face like that" she said and he stood back, hitting her with the back of his hand, leaving a cut under her eye from his ring.
"Where is the disk?"
"What disk?" she said innocently. He hit her again.
"Where is it?"
"What makes you think I have it?" and yet again she felt him hand smack against her face. "Harah" she muttered. She used her energy and kicked out, hitting him in the balls. He keeled over, crying.
"Bitch!" he screamed, causing the other man to run out, gun drawn. She kicked it out his hand, but wasn't quick enough when he grabbed her and pushed his knife against her throat.
"Don't" he said, pushing her into a chair and tying her up. "I'll have to keep an eye on you"
"Wow, I feel so special." She said sarcastically.
"Don't talk back" he said, grabbing her bad shoulder, squeezing it really hard, causing Mac to grit her teeth. "Or I'll put another bullet in that shoulder of yours"

"Where is she?" Ducky asked as Abby told him what was going on.
"We dunno, we'll find her though"
"I don't doubt that, go find her Abigail" he said, giving her a hug

"Abby" Chris yelled as he entered NCIS.
"Hey" she said, giving him a hug.
"Have you found her?"
"Not yet. We're working on it"
"Do you know anything?"
"No, she was made while on a mission in Virginia. She got the disk, but…" she said, pausing, she didn't know how to break it to him. "She might be…tortured"
"What?" he said quietly.
"She's strong though. She can look after herself"
"But…her…and the baby"
"I know Chris. We're gonna find her"
"I know, but will it be in time?"

Tony snapped his cell phone shut. "We have a problem" he told Kate. She was holding Sarah in her arms, J was asleep.
"What's wrong?"
"Mac got kidnapped. She was on a mission and got made."
"Oh crap. Do you need to go into the office?"
"Gibbs said no but I think I should"
"Ok honey. Call me if I can help" she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Ok" he grabbed his coat and keys and headed out the door.

"Hey boss"
"I thought I told you not to come in DiNozzo"
"I know, but I want to help"
"Good. Then we might have a lead, take the sedan and follow up" he said, handing Tony a piece of paper. Tony entered the elevator again and went back down to the parking lot.

"Jesus, how long is this drive?" Tony asked himself. "Damn, another 20 mines" he said, and began singing along with the radio. He saw a black shape in the middle of the road and swerved to avoid it. He stopped to check what it was. He shut the door and realized it wasn't an animal at all, instead a headset. NCIS standard issue. "Mac"
Chapter 10 by no1bean
Chapter 10

Tony looked around, he saw some tracks leading up through the grass. He put the headset back down and drew his sig. when he moved he saw a little cabin, the windows were blacked out and there was a truck parked at the side. He snuck up and looked though a broken window. He had never been so happy to see Mac. She looked pretty beat up, she was tied to a chair and she looked very pissed. He pulled his cell and looked at the screen. "Damn" he muttered, seeing there was no reception. One of the men walked over to Mac and backhanded her. Tony winced at this. He hated people like that. He decided he was going to bust in. He moved towards the front door. He held his sig high and kicked in the door. He man in front of Mac spun round and Tony felt a hand come down on his head. Mac took her guys hesitation and beat him up, she had somehow been able to get lose in her ropes. Tony turned and took the other one down.
"Took your time" Mac told him, getting one hand out of the cuffs. The guys Mac had taken down slowly reached for his glock. Mac saw this too late. He was on his feet and pointed the gun at the abdomen.
"NO!" Tony yelled. Before the guy got a shot off, Mac kicked his hand so it didn't hit the baby, but it did hit her. She reeled back as it hit her bad shoulder and she screamed out. Tony dropped him. "Mac" he said, kneeling down to her.
"I'm ok, it isn't as bad as last time" she said, standing up.
"Come on" he said, taking her right hand, which was the one that was still cuffed. The other guys stuck his foot out, tripping Tony up, which caused Mac to fall as well. He guy reached up and took the open cuff and locked it round Tony's left wrist. Mac kicked him again. And she pulled herself and Tony up, holding up the hands that were cuffed.
"Brilliant."
"Come on, we have to go." He said, dragging her out the door and to his car. They had it in site when a massive ball of fire appeared before them, it was the car. "Shit, there is another one" he said, hearing another voice.
"Come on" Mac said, dragging him off to the side, into the woods.
"Shit, they're shooting at us" Tony said as they ducked behind a tree.
"We gotta get some distance between us" she said, pulling him along, through the trees.

"Where the hell is DiNozzo?" Gibbs asked the Probies as he entered the bullpen.
"I dunno sir" he muttered shyly.
"Are you sure" he said, bending down and moving up close to him.
"Yes sir" he gulped. Gibbs stood up and pulled out his cell. He dialed Tony's number and waited. The mechanical voice came on.
"I'm sorry, the number you dialed is currently not available…"
"Damn it" he said, shutting his phone and putting it back in his pocket. "Where are you DiNozzo?" he asked himself.

"Mac, you ok?" Tony asked when they had escaped the bad guys.
"Ah…I think so. Getting shot is not the best thing in the world."
"I mean, you haven't eaten or drunk for days, your shot, and you are also pregnant. Is the baby ok?"
"Um…I think so. Tony, you got a lighter?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I'm gonna put it on the GSW"
"Um….Mac"
"Hand it over" she said, putting out her hand. He reluctantly did so. She pulled the neck of her shirt down, gritting her teeth as the flames touched her skin. "Ben kalba." After 5 minutes she gave the lighter back. "We gotta go, he'll be back soon"
"Come on" he said, helping her up. The walked for ten minutes before another shot rang out.
"Shit!" Mac yelled. "Run!" they did so. They were getting away but he was still there. Mac tripped and fell. She pushed the leaves away to find a man lying there; he was still alive, barely. "Tony"
"Come on"
"We have to help"
"We gotta leave him Mac, we have to run" she resisted but the yanked on the chain causing her to stumble as she reluctantly ran.
Chapter 11 by no1bean
Chapter 11

"I can't believe we just left him there" Mac said as they sat in the dark. She could still see though.
"We had to" she heard Tony say. She let out a shiver and felt him move. She felt him put an arm round her, trying to keep her warm.
"Thanks" she said, quietly, she wasn't feeling so hot.
"You ok"
"Um…I think so" she lied. He held her even closer to warm her up.
"I know you aren't"
"I am really"
"Mac," he said, turning her head up to look into her eyes. "Don't lie to me"
"I'm not" she said, convincingly, but he didn't buy it.
"Mac," he said and she looked up. He was surprised to find a tear forming at the side of her eye. "Are you crying?"
"No" he wiped the tear away, causing her to let out a little laugh. He leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. Mac pulled away, making it awkward.
"I'm sorry I…"
"Um…I know" she said nervously. "Well, I gotta go" she said as she usually did, she got about a foot before she remembered that they were still cuffed together. She fell back to the ground. "Shit" she said, letting out a little laugh.
"Yeah" Tony said, even more awkward than Mac. "So, you're a super lock picker, how ‘bout you get us out of these cuffs"
"Well, I normally would, but I have very little movement in my left arm, and without that my friend we are screwed."
"Lets just hope we get away or Gibbs finds us in time." She didn't answer. "Mac? Anybody in?"
"Um…"
"What is it?"
"Does this place look familiar?" she said, away in her own world.
"All woods look the same to me"
"No, this place is defiantly familiar"
"Sure?"
"Have you ever doubted me?" she said sarcastically
"Um…no"
"Good" she said, getting up. "I've defiantly been here before"
"When?"
"If I knew, I would have told you"
"True"
"Yup. If I'm right, there should be a road somewhere"
"Great, where?"
"Don't be so pessimistic Tony."
"Sorry, I really can't help it if I'm running through the woods in the middle of the night" they heard another shot. "God fucking damn it! They have a night scope!" Mac said as she and Tony once again headed deep into the woods, running for their lives.

"Have you found her yet?" Ducky asked Gibbs.
"Not yet Duck. I sent DiNozzo out to chase a lead, that was yesterday"
"Jethro, its 2am, go home, get some sleep. You could use it"
"No, I have two missing agents"
"They can wait till tomorrow"
"But Mac has been missing for days, she is pregnant and probably in really bad shape"
"I know. I care more than anyone, she is my daughter. But I know her. She can take care of herself."
"What about him?" Gibbs said, indicating to the man asleep in the bullpen. Chris hadn't left NCIS in three days. He had finally fallen asleep after running around trying to help them all. As Mac would say, ‘he was knackered.'
"He'll live."
"I'm gonna see what happened to DiNozzo" he said, grabbing his sig and entering the elevator.

"Shit!" Tony yelled as another shot was let off. She stumbled over a tree root and Mac helped steady him. She heard another shot fired and Tony let out a little yelp.
"You ok?" she said because she couldn't see him.
"Yeah, just a flesh wound" he said as they kept running.
"In here" she said, spotting a ditch to the side. She pulled a small torch from her trousers.
"You couldn't have brought that out before?"
"Shut up" she said, concentrating. She pointed the torch into the darkness and lit it up.
"What the hell, are you trying to tell them where we are?" she didn't answer. She slowly drew her glock she had lifted from her attacker with her good arm. She obviously saw what she was looking for and opened fired. Tony heard a scream and something clatter, and some more yells. Mac shot again, this one also followed by screaming. "Remind me not to piss you off" he said as they stood up. "How'd you know where they were?"
"The torch made the scope glint, and then I heard the second guy"
"Genius"
"Thanks"
"DiNozzo! Scuito!" came a deep voice from the dark.
"Gibbs!" Tony yelled back as the man came into view.
"What the hell happened" he said, talking about the two dead guys.
"They felt Mac's wrath" he joked. "The pissed her off, and they paid. Isn't that right" There was no answer. Instead, he felt the handcuffs pull as Mac fell to the ground.
Chapter 12 by no1bean
Chapter 12

"We gotta get her to a hospital" Gibbs said as Tony put Mac over his shoulder.
"I know"
"My car is up on the road"
"She was right"
"Mac?"
"Yeah, she said there was a road near here"
"How'd she know?"
"I dunno, said this place was familiar"
"How?" Gibbs said curiously.
"I dunno" he said as he opened the car door and laid Mac on the back seat, getting in beside her. "Step on it Gibbs" he said, which earned him a glare. "I mean if you want to"

"What the hell happened" Mac said, waking up and sitting up, with difficulty.
"Stay down Scuito" Tony told her.
"Since when do I take orders from you DiNozzo?"
"Down Mac" Gibbs said.
"Yes Boss" she said, lying back down.
"You ok?"
"Yeah, I think so, just dehydrated. I'm sure you have a bottle of jack in here somewhere"
"Just water" he said, tossing a bottle into the back.
"Thanks" she said, taking a drink. "So where we headed?"
"Hospital, to get you checked out."
"And you Tony, you were hit"
"Just a little"

Gibbs called Chris when they got into a good reception area. He was going to meet them at the hospital. When he arrived he did a Scuito trait, he tackle hugged Mac, nearly shoving her right off the bed. "Nice to see you too honey" she said as her backed off. She braced herself for a second when she saw Abby running towards her. She was really when Abby jumped her.
"Thank god you're ok"
"I will be better when you take your hand of my shoulder" she said and Abby drew it back quickly.
"Sorry"
"It's ok Abs" she said, giving her another hug. "Well, I wanna get back to work"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, baby's fine. And I'm sick of hospitals" she said, jumping down off the bed and following them out.

On the way back to NCIS, Abby and Mac were in one car, while the guys were in the other. They arrived a lot quicker, Gibbs was driving. When Mac arrived off the elevator after dropping Abby in her lab, Tony was already waiting to go back down. "Hey nice sling"
"Thanks" she said with a laugh.
"You not get your old one back?"
"No, that one was wrecked when I applied pressure to Chris' stab wound. Speaking off, I see a stab wound, I apply pressure. But when your wife stabs me, she leaves me for dead"
"Wait, what?"
"Nothing" she said, trying to cover up what she just let slip.
"No you said…" he tried to say, but she was away. "Damn she's fast"

Kate, who had turned up at NCIS, and McGee were standing watching them. "I think something happened between them in the woods" he said quietly
"No, last time… bad memories" she said,
"Last time?"
"Doesn't matter, when Mac was first at NCIS. We had a little misunderstanding that got ugly"
"Wow, I didn't know"
"No one does" she said, looking over as Mac, gave Ducky a huge hug.

"Are you ok?" he asked her.
"I'm fine dad"
"Good. You had me scared"
"I know, wont happen again" she said, giving him a peck on the cheek.
"Hey Mac" Kate said, spinning her round.
"Hi"
"Glad you're ok"
"Thanks" Mac said as her phone rang. "Scuito" Kate heard her say. "What…oh shit. Are you sure?... yeah…thanks Carlo" she said, hanging up, a worried look on her face. Kate had only heard one side of the conversation, but she could tell it wasn't good.
Chapter 13 by no1bean
Chapter 13

"What was that all about?" Kate asked when Mac rejoined the conversation.
"Oh…nothing that concerns us in the near future" she said, faking a smile.
"Aunt Mac!" a little voice came from behind her,
"Hey mike" she said as he hugged her round the middle.
"Are you ok?" he said, not letting go.
"Fine, don't worry."
"How's the second Scuito Jr. going?" Gerald asked Mac, who Michael had still not let go of.
"Good now, but I don't know what it will be like when the baby actually comes"

When the baby actually comes

"How you doing honey?" Kate asked as the whole group entered.
"Tired. I'll tell you, that was worse than getting shot"
"Here here" Abby said.
"Have you guys got a name?" Tony asked Mac and Chris.
"Yeah" Chris told them, and looked to Mac to tell them.
"Matthew"
"Wow, that's nice" Ducky said "My first grandchild. Wow I feel old" which got a laugh from everyone.
"Hey Chris" Mac said, turning to face her husband. "How long do I have to stay here, I hate hospitals"
"A couple of days"
"Damn"

A couple of days later Mac and Chris were back at home, on paternity and maternity leave. Mac was in a different room, working out while Matthew was sleeping, so was Chris. She hadn't been able to do this for months, at least not as much as usual. When she was finished she headed for the shower. When she stepped out after 20 minutes, she heard the phone go. She was about to run to get it when she heard Chris do it.
"Hello…" she heard him say. "Who? No, Sarah is unavailable. I'll get her to call you back. Ok. Bye"
"Who was that?" she said, drying her hair.
"Some guy named Carlo"
"What'd he want?" she said inconspicuously.
"To talk to you. Said it was important"
"Ok"
"Who is he?"
"An old friend from college. Wanted to talk a couple if moths ago when he was in town but I was busy. I'll call him later."
"Ok, how's Matthew?"
"Sleeping…well, like a baby"
"He looks a lot like you"
"Thanks. He has your eyes though"
"I've noticed. Your feistiness"
"Yeah. I'm hoping for your brains"
"I'm hoping for yours"
"Funny. I better call Carlo back" she said, picking up her cell and moving into the bedroom. Through the open door, Chris heard one half of the conversation.
"Carlo, it's Sarah. Yeah, any news? ... seriously. Are you absolutely sure? ...crap. Well thanks… I dunno what I'm gonna do. You think? ...how the hell am I supposed to do that?...incase you didn't know I just… how do you know?...never mind. You sure? ...yes you have to tell me again. I don't know if I… yeah, thanks." She said, hanging up. She walked back into the living room to find Chris holding up a sleeping Matthew in his arms. Mac walked over, her hair dripping, her not paying attention. Chris was still shocked after 8 years how dark her hair got when wet, even darker than Abby's. She walked up to him, and touched Matthew's head in only a way his mother could. She planted a kiss on Chris' lips then one of Matthew's head. She walked down the passage way towards the kitchen, out of site. She put her hand up on the wall and gently hit her head off it. Mac was the only one able to tell, but amongst the droplets of water from her hair falling to the floor, there were also a few tears.
Chapter 14 by no1bean
Chapter 14

A few weeks later Mac was back at work, Chris stayed off to look after Matthew, Sarah and J. "Grab your gear, we got a dead sailor at Little Creek" Tony said, entering the bullpen. "Sciuto, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to Mac.
"Since when have you called me Sciuto?" she said, grabbing the keys out of the air. She saw the look in his eyes. "DiNozzo, that was last year"
"I know"
"What was?" Kate asked curiously.
"Nothing Kate" Mac told her. She lied; Tony still had that one moment in his head when he had kissed Mac.
"Kate, call Ducky" Tony said as the elevator doors slid shut in front of him and Mac.
"Why'd you feel weird around me after so long" she said, cutting straight to the chase.
"I just…"
"It was just a kiss. Adrenaline and stuff. Sure you shouldn't have done it, but it is in the past. So forget about it and act normally"
"Do I have a choice"
"No" she said, stepping off the elevator.

"Body is a Chief Petty Officer Raymond Gellar" Tony said, holding his wallet. "What we got Duck?" Tony asked as Ducky crouched over the body.
"Well, I would say, one very stressed out doctor, he has 3 kids with him who are under 1."
"I mean on the case"
"Oh. Liver temp suggests TOD to be yesterday at 5. From what I can see COD is blunt force trauma."
"Right. I have Mac talking to the wife, Kate to the woman who found him. Probies are taking pictures."
"Lets get you home chief" Ducky said as he and Gerald lifted him onto a gernie.
"What you got Mac?" Tony asked.
"Better." She said with a smile. "Wife hadn't seen him for 2 days, said they got into a big fight. Didn't know where he went. That's all I got. She was crying a lot, and she didn't say much."
"Could you check on the Probies?"
"You got it" she said, jogging down the slope to the body. Mac checked on them. Everything was ok, so she went about collecting evidence herself. A couple of leaves were blown away and she caught a glimpse of something. She knelt down to pick it up and was shocked to find the photo. When no one was looking she pocketed it and went back to her job.

6 hours later, back at NCIS one of the Probies burst into the bullpen. "I may have a lead."
"Spill" Mac said as she was the only one there. He clicked on the plasma on and it showed a gravely video footage of a guy walking from the crime scene. "Do you know who it is?"
"Um…maybe"
"Then tell me" the probie clicked the button again and a drivers license came up.
"Simon Brown"
"He works at a bank in Maryland. That's good work. Tell DiNozzo I went to pick him up" she said, grabbing her sig and opening her cell. She typed a text message: ‘The photo at the crime scene was a nice touch Carlo,'
Then sent it.

When she entered the bank she saw various people at windows. Third from the right she recognized as Simon Brown. She went to arrest him when a bigger man cut in front of her. He drew a weapon and pointed it and Brown. "Put all the money in the bag or I'll blow your brains out." He said. Brown just stood there, doing nothing. The guy kept his promise. He pulled the trigger and Browns blood flew all over the screen. Mac hid her badge and went to calm the guy down. Before she reached him, three other guys jumped from different queues and also drew weapons. The main guy turned on them all and pointed the weapon at all the clients. "Everyone get down on the fucking floor!"
"Fucking Brilliant" Mac whispered to herself as she joined everyone else on the floor in the corner.
Chapter 15 by no1bean
Chapter 15

"Any one moves, I'll kill you." The second guy said, his voice muffled by a ski mask.
"Cheery" Mac said quietly so he didn't here.
"Get me the money or you'll end up like your friend" the first guy said. He had a tat of a spider on his left arm, so Mac was gonna call him spider. The second guy had red contacts in, so he was red eye. The third guy had a limp, he was limp and the last guy was the only one holding and automatic weapon, an HK CAWS Semi-Automatic Shotgun. Mac named him caws. Redeye was watching the hostages on Mac's side of the bank and limp was watching the over. A guy on the other side stood up, trying to be brave. Limp gunned him down immediately. Mac had the biggest urge to go help, but she saw the look in redeye's eye, which told her to stay put. An amplified voice came in from the outside of the bank.
"Release the hostages and we'll see what we can do" Mac knew that voice,
"Fornell" she muttered to herself.
"You say something blue eyes?" redeye asked.
"Nothing that concerns you asshole" she said, straight to his face, and she saw him laugh through the mask.
"Watch your back" he said, turning away. Mac heard another gunshot, and again, the blood of a clerk was spattered over the screen.
"I said release the hostages"
"You seriously think we're gonna listen to a stupid fed!" Spider yelled at the window. There was no reply.

"Where the hell is Sciuto?" Tony yelled in the squad room.
"She left about 2 hours ago sir" the probie said.
"Where the hell did she go?"
"She told me to tell you she was going to pick up a suspect in a bank."
"What suspect?"
"The guy from the tape"
"What fucking tape!" Tony yelled getting really pissed off.
"The…" he stuttered not getting word out.
"What bank?"
"Maryland bank on the corner of west and Jefferson" before he had even finished talking, Tony had put a hand up, silencing him.
"Turn that up" he said to Kate. The news woman was standing in front of a lot of police cars.
"The situation has escalated here and the Maryland bank. It is now confirmed that there are four hostage takers and at least three hostages are dead already." Before the probie could react, Tony and Kate were on the elevator, calling Gibbs and McGee to help them get Mac back.

"Gibbs, what the hell are you doing here?" Fornell asked when he saw the 4 agents and Abby walking towards him.
"I have a man inside"
"I don't think Mac would appreciate being called a man Gibbs" Tony said from behind. Receiving a glare from both Fornell and Gibbs. "Sorry"
"What you got on them?" Gibbs said, turning back to Fornell.
"Four hostage takers, one on each side. The leader is in the middle and the fourth is nowhere to be found."
"Demands?"
"Not yet."
"Hey feds!" a voice came from inside the building, it was spider.
"What do you want?" Fornell said through an amplifier.
"A Helicopter here in half an hour. After that deadline is passed, I'll kill a hostage every five minutes!"
"Why!" Fornell yelled, but nothing came back.

"It'll take more than half an hour to get a chopper here" Mac told redeye.
"Shut up right. I know that. We just like killing" he said, his voice narrow. Mac could she in his eyes that that was a lie.
"Dude!" spider yelled at redeye.
"What!"
"Don't talk to that bitch, there's something dodgy about her!"
"Thanks" Mac said, wondering how they hell they were all going to get out of this.
Chapter 16 by no1bean
Chapter 16

Half an hour passed and there was no sign of a chopper. "Shit" Mac thought. Someone else was going to die. She felt really guilty about not wanting it to be her.
"The feds didn't hold up their end of the deal"
"Give them a little more time…" redeye said.
"No" spider said shortly grabbing the man nearest to him. Placing a gun to his forehead and pulling the trigger. The man slumped and spider let go of him. "Marco!" he yelled, causing caws to run in from the back room. "Get this bastard out of here!" caws slung his gun over his shoulder, and picking up the man he went back into the back room. Spider turned round and looked over towards Mac's side of the room. Everyone looked away, fearing that they were next, except Mac, who looked him square in the eye.

"Did you hear that shot Fornell?" Gibbs said.
"Yeah. You think he actually killed someone?" Fornell asked, but stopped when he saw what the bastard had done. A body fell from the second story and landed in the middle of the street.
"Yeah Fornell. He did"

"Are you just gonna stand there while they do that?" Mac said, so only redeye could hear her. She saw the sorrow in his eye, but he turned round and hit her.
"Shut up bitch!"
"Is she next?" spider asked. Another 5 minutes had passed.
"No. I want to keep her for later"
"I'm not a possession"
"I said shut up blue eyes!" and she did this time, she knew when to shut up. Spider grabbed the woman who sat next to Mac.
"Leave her alone!" Mac yelled, earning another hit from redeye. Spider shot her through the throat. She was still alive for a little bit before she stopped moving. This caused Mac to look away. Caws took this one as well and did the same.

"Where the fuck is that chopper!" Fornell yelled.
"Not here yet sir"
"I can fucking see that!" he said, heading back to where Gibbs was.
"Any progress?"
"No" Fornell told him. "You?"
"McGee and Abby have nearly hacked the camera"
"Good"
"Not nearly. We're in Gibbs" Abby told him. He looked at the computer and saw the three men, absent caws. There were about 10 hostages on each side and spider was pacing nervously. Inside, Mac was staring into space when a little red light came into her view. She focused her eyes and saw the camera turn on.
"Abby, you've done it again" she said quietly. She turned slightly so she was in view off the camera.
"Mac's seen us" Abby said from outside. Mac started signing.
"four captors. 20 hostages. Serious on killing. Get chopper soon."
"Where the hell is that chopper!" Gibbs yelled.
"Should be here in five."
"That isn't quick enough! He's gonna kill someone else!"
"Damn" Tony muttered under his breath.
"What"
"I dunno. I think Mac will do something stupid to stop him"
"Sounds like her."
"Lets just hope she doesn't get hurt in the process"
Chapter 17: the end by no1bean
Chapter 17

"Who's next?" spider said, grin on his face. "No volunteers?" he said to himself. "All right then." He said, grabbing the child closest to him. He pushed the gun down on the top of his skull.
"Right you bastard, this has gone far enough" Mac said, jumping up, "Leave the kid alone. You need to kill someone, kill me" she says, indicating to him.
"You really want me to kill you?"
"No but I would rather it was me than the kid"
"Really? Well to bad you're not in charge"
"Martino! Listen to her." Redeye said
"Who's side are you on?"
"Who the hell do you think! But you can't kill a kid!"
"Watch me" he said, cocking the gun. Mac reacted as a reflex. She quickly drew her concealed knife a skillfully threw it with expert precision. It hit and stuck into the exposed part of flesh in spider's neck. Causing him to drop his gun, and fall dead to the floor, but it wasn't over. Limp reacted, shooting his 9mm at Mac, causing her to dive for cover behind a desk. Mac pulled her sig which she had hidden the entire time and returned fire.

"Shit" Abby said from outside. "Mac, what the hell!" she said to herself, seeing her hide behind a desk, covering from the fire she was taking.
"What is it Abs?" Gibbs said, walking behind her.
"Mac started a gun fight with them."
"Why would she do that"
"They were gonna kill a kid. I'm guessing Mac tried to stall and it didn't work. We gotta get in there Gibbs." When they moved towards the door, they received fire from the second floor and redeye's position.
"Pull back!" Gibbs shouted. And they all moved back behind the tape.
"Gibbs, what the hell is going on?" Chris said, ducking under the police tape and running up to the group.
"It should be fine"
"What the hell do you mean should be?"
"Mac is inside, she started a gun fight. It is her against four armed bank robbers"
"Oh shit, Mac"
"She should be ok"
"Again Gibbs, should be"
"I really dunno what else to tell you. Your wife is stuck inside and is in big trouble, and we can't get in"
"Try again"

Limp was returning Mac's fire until the little boy distracted him by grabbing him round the waist. He obviously wasn't as cold hearted as spider, and he couldn't shoot the kid. Mac took her chance and shot him 4 times through the head. She was surprised that redeye hadn't joined in, but her thoughts were cut short but caws running in from the back. He would be more of a challenge, because of the semi-automatic. The blasts shattered the desk, causing Mac to dive behind something else. She shot while he was reloading, two rounds to the side of his neck. He fell close to limp's body. Everyone's attention was now focused on redeye.
"Sorry" he said so Mac could here him, them emptied three rounds into Mac's head. She fell back, blood pool forming where the exit would was, within a minute it was massive. Mac's eyes were open and her gun had fallen to the side. "Now, everybody out!" he yelled, leveling his gun onto the hostages. "I said now or you'll end up like her!" he yelled, indicating to Mac's dead body. He knelt down, placing his hand on her head and closing her eyes before heading out the back.

They all moved in, sweeping the room. They saw the three guys dead on the floor before they saw the woman. "Mac!" Chris yelled, running over to his dead wife. "No, Mac" he said, starting to cry. "Please…"
"Chris," Kate said, putting a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off, holding Mac in his arms.
"Chris?" Abby said, also entering the bank. He didn't turn round. She saw the legs coming from behind him and recognized them instantly. "No, Mac" she moaned, running over to them. She skidded down on the other side of Mac, also holding her best friend. "Why did you have to be the hero" she told her. "How could you leave us" Chris just sat there, crying. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you"

Redeye shut the door behind him and ran down the alley. He threw up into a trash can. He had never killed anyone in cold blood before. He steadied himself and headed off down the street without being spotted by the cops. He felt his cell vibrate in his pocket because a delayed text came in. it read:

The photo at the crime scene was a nice touch Carlo
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6247