Dreams Matching Reality by mrsdinozzo
Summary: Abby tells Kate about her dream, and Tony wants to know why Abby's smiling at him and Kate is staring at him
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Humor, Pre-slash
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1472 Read: 4983 Published: 02/08/2007 Updated: 02/08/2007
Story Notes:
don't own anyone or anything - enjoy....

1. Dreams Matching Reality by mrsdinozzo

Dreams Matching Reality by mrsdinozzo
Author's Notes:
Abby tells Kate about her dream, and Tony wants to know why Abby's smiling at him and Kate is staring at him
“Abby! That’s just not – normal!” Kate laughed to cover her shock but all Abby did was nod her head vigorously, ponytails bouncing.

“I thought it was something I ate last night,” Abby said with a huge smile. ”I mean – okay – I had at least ten Red Bulls and then cold pizza – but it was so real Kate! I could hear everything as well as see it.”

“Ew! Can we stop right there!” Kate held up a hand. She glanced around the lab. “Any chance of those results on the DNA? Gibbs is wanting them like – last week – as usual.”

“Gibbs was wanting a lot more than just results last night,” Abby chuckled and then cartwheeled across the room. “And he got them too!”

“I think I’ll go out and come back in again,” Kate shuddered as she walked away, only to groan aloud when she saw who was heading her way. “Damn – Abby – don’t even laugh – please.”

“Why? Oh – I see,” she nodded sagely as Tony came in – looking slightly disconcerted by the two women staring at him. “Hi Tony.” She turned away and busied herself on the computer – but her shoulders were shuddering with mirth.

“Aw, did I get mayo on my shirt again?” Tony eased his shirt away from his body, inspecting it quickly. “Don’t tell me – I got a zit? What’s rocking her boat?” he asked jerking his chin to Abby.

“Oh – nothing.” Kate smiled weakly. “She’s just – getting some results for Gibbs,” Kate said, slapping Abby’s arm with her hand. “Aren’t you – Abby?”

“Yeppers.” Abby didn’t turn around, but her shoulders were shuddering even more.

“I’m gone,” Kate held up both hands in a gesture of surrender. “Gibbs wants the DNA off of Petty Officer Morgan, Tony. Once she’s calmed down – d’you think you could bring them up?”

“I – what – yeah.” Tony turned to watch her leave and it left him frowning. “Abs?”

“Tony!” Abby spun round with her clipboard in hand. “Tony, Tony, Tony – how are you?”

Tony took a few steps back, looking at Abby as if she were a rotweiler about to go for his throat. “You’re scaring me Abs,” he whispered. “And I mean really scaring me.”

“Am I?” She said, closing the space between them. “Like when Gibbs scares you?” She stood toe to toe with him now, looking up at him with big eyes.

Tony said nothing. He gingerly reached for the clipboard and placed it on a stool behind him. “Abs – results – please? Pretty please?”

“Aw – you are so cute when you beg,” she said cryptically. “And you look so like a puppy – a cute ickle puppy. Gibbs might like a puppy.”

“I’m sure he would,” Tony agreed as he began sidestepping to the door but Abby moved with him, still smiling manically.

“No, you don’t,” she purred. “You can spare two minutes while I tell you about my dream last night – it was amazing!”

“If it’s the one about you waking up one day to find you were married to Hugh Heffner, heard it Abs.”

“No! This was about Gibbs and – “

“Ow!” Tony growled, holding the back of his head and glaring at Gibbs who in turn was glaring at Abby.

“Morgan – DNA – results – where?” he ground out between his teeth.

“Chill oh great one – gimme a second.” Abby grabbed the Caf-Pow from his hand and turned back to the computer. “There you go!”

“Thank you,” Gibbs snatched the printout and stared at it – and then held it at arms length as he tried to focus on the words on the page. “Still here DiNozzo?” he asked, still studying the paper.

“Not any more,” Tony hurriedly left the two alone and headed back to the bullpen.

*****

“What?” Tony demanded when he caught Kate looking at him with a smile for the tenth time in as many minutes.

“Nothing,” she said, continuing to stare.

“Funny nothing, Kate.” He balled up a piece of paper and tossed it across in the hope of hitting her, but she swatted it aside with laugh. “I demand to know what is going on – now!”

“Ask Abby,” she replied, tossing the paper back.

“Playtime just ended people!” Gibbs snapped as he stalked to his desk. “DiNozzo – throw that missile and I’ll rip your arm off at the shoulder.”

Tony deflated, the paper dropping from his hand onto the desk and he flipped it into the trashcan. Kate poked out her tongue at him as he pulled a face at her and then he grabbed his keyboard and quickly typed a mail.

Kate looked up as her computer beeped and hit the button.

What’s with Abby?

Kate nearly laughed out loud but held herself in check.

U don’t want to know T – just – forget it

Tony narrowed his eyes as he read her reply and instantly started typing.

Is that why you’re smiling at me?

Kate rolled her eyes and typed back.

Paranoid Tony? That’s a first for you isn’t it?

Tony threw her a look, replying quickly

No! Just – confused

Kate shook her head.

You and me both T – Abby’s confusing

Tony’s answer flew back.

I’ll ask Abs then

Kate’s jaw went slack.

Not a good idea!

Tony read the reply and without another word, he exited the bullpen and made his way to the lab.

Kate glanced across to Gibbs to find he was watching Tony’s progress to the elevator. “Where’s he going now?” he snarled.

“Just – checking on a lead?” Kate looked worried when Gibbs merely stared at her for a long moment.

“Good. The day he can actually keep himself focussed without being distracted – “ he left it hanging as he grabbed his coffee and rounded his desk. “Take an hour for lunch Kate – you’ve earned it.”

Kate’s head snapped up, a smile spreading across her face. “Thanks Gibbs.”

******

Not surprisingly, Kate was on her way to the lab once more. She took a bite of her sandwich and pushed open the door.

“Hey Abby – where’s Tony?” Abby jerked a thumb over her shoulder. “You told him?”

Abby nodded.

“He took it well – although – he did go pale – very pale.” Abby winced.

“Oh dear, that doesn’t sound good.”

“He told me I was sick!” Abby’s eyes widened but the smile went wider.

“Oh – you didn’t go into detail did you?” Kate smirked. “Now that’s just low.”

“He asked and I told him – didn’t leave anything out!” Abby giggled. “Ssh, here he comes.”

Tony came around the corner, keeping himself tight to the wall, holding up his index fingers in the shape of a cross. “You’re sick, sick – you need help!” he breathed. “Sicko!” With that, he fled back upstairs to the relative safety of his desk.

“I think we’ll have an entertainment value here that should last at least a week,” Kate said as they hi-fived.

“Yeah – right on!”

*******

They were both completely unaware that, as Tony pressed the elevator button, he was smiling.

So, Abby had dreamed about himself and Gibbs making whoopee between the sheets had she? Man, if only she knew – just last night – they had broken their own record – a straight four wonderful drawn out hours of bliss. And as was Abby’s want – she’d unwittingly given Tony some great ideas to try out tonight – Gibbs was not going to know what hit him – of course, he would be taking the credit – it just didn’t seem right to let Gibbs know one of his employees was having smutty dreams about him – although – Tony stepped into the elevator and as the doors closed, began humming tunelessly with a big goofy grin on his face. Mentally, he made a note to check in with Abs every now and again – just in case –

The End
End Notes:
don't own anyone or anything - enjoy....
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6250