I'll Give You Something To Miss by calalily
Summary: Song: I'll Give You Something To Miss
Categories: Het Characters: None
Genre: Song fic
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 1611 Read: 6377 Published: 02/20/2007 Updated: 02/23/2007

1. I\'ll Give You Something To Miss by calalily

2. Till You Love Me by calalily

3. Little More You by calalily

4. Love Isn't Love Til You Give It Away by calalily

I\'ll Give You Something To Miss by calalily
Author's Notes:
Song: I'll Give You Something To Miss

I'm gonna catch my breath



Abby took a deep breath as the elevator ground to a halt. Even though both of her stalkers were in custody, Gibbs was insisting that he walk her to her car each night. Ducky told her a few days ago that he thought Gibbs interest went beyond the workplace. She decided tonight was the night to test Ducky's theory.



I'm gonna count to ten



Abby gave herself a mental pep talk all the way over to Gibbs' desk. He looked up and she smiled at him.



"I'm ready to go whenever you are." She told him.



"Ready." Gibbs said as he stood and flipped off his lamp.



They walked to the elevator. When the doors slid shut, Abby reminded him, "My vacation starts tomorrow, Gibbs. I'll be out of town for a while."



I'm gonna leave you wonderin' when you'll see me again



Gibbs looked startled. She smiled to herself. Just as she thought, he had forgotten she was taking time off. They stepped out of the elevator and he took her arm to lead her to her car. He was always aware of his surroundings but she could feel him thinking, trying to figure out how to wiggle her out of her vacation time.



I'm gonna say goodnight with one passionate kiss
And leave you with the strongest feeling there is



Abby unlocked her door and turned to thank Gibbs for keeping her safe. "Thank you, Gibbs. I've always felt safe with you."



He nodded. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you, Abby."



She smiled. Before she could talk herself out of it, she stood on her tip-toes and kissed him, deepening it when he responded. Just as he moved to take her in his arms, she broke away.



I'll give you something to miss....



She grinned at him and got into her car. "I'll see you when I get back Gibbs." She drove away knowing it would drive him crazy wondering where she was going and when she'd be back. She'd call him in a few days and let him know she was just staying around her place. She laughed, remembering the look on his face. Ducky had been spot on with his assessment. And Gibbs had no clue what he was in for.

Till You Love Me by calalily
Author's Notes:
Song: Till You Love Me

Abby was in her apartment fixing lunch when her doorbell rang. She smiled and ran to look through the peephole. Gibbs. How did he know she hadn't gone out of town? She stood silent, thinking he might go away thinking she wasn't there.


"I know you're home, Abby. I can smell your cooking." He told her as he looked straight at the peephole.


She unlocked the door and stood looking at him.


I looked in your eyes so bright and so blue
And that's when I knew that you could be mine


"What brings you by today Gibbs?" Abby asked as they sat down to eat.


"You know what brings me by, Abby." He said and stared into her eyes.


If good things come, to those who will wait
Then I guess I can wait, if that's what I have to do
Oh it's worth it for you


She shook her head and smiled. "Not really."


"I got the flowers you had delivered."


Biting back another smile, she asked him, "Did Tony give you a hard time?"


"DiNozzo knows better." He said with a smile.


They ate in companionable silence for a while until he had to ask, "Why did you kiss me Abby?"


She looked up and gave him her usual grin. "I had to. I couldn't hold it in any longer."


The sunlight, the moonlight are beyond my control.
And there are stars in the heavens that I'll never hold


"I love you Gibbs. And I think you love me. I'm willing to wait until you realize that on your own. But it's only fair to let you know, I'm going to do all I can to show you the way that I feel."


"You're willing to wait for that to happen?" Gibbs asked, almost in disbelief.


"You're worth the wait, Jethro. I'll be here. I don't plan to go anywhere." Abby told him.


But if dreams give you power, then I'm strong enough
To offer my heart and never give up
Till you love me
Till you love me



~Calalily~

Little More You by calalily
Author's Notes:
Song: Little More You

Abby was back at work once more wondering to herself how such a smart man could be so blind. She could almost see the love in his eyes when he looked at her but he wouldn't let it go.


Don't you want dive on in? Yeah the water feels right
Dancing on the edge of love you're a beautiful sight
So why you still standing there in the half moon light?


She was so full of love for him that she was about to burst yet he couldn't seem to make a move to show her how he felt.


I'm here falling for ya my heart's calling for ya
I know I never can get enough
Don't hold back one bit of your love
Strong and steady for ya I'm all ready
Come on baby give me a little more you


Taking the last sip from her Caf-Pow she decided to go give him a little push. Searching quickly through her picture files, she found what she was looking for. She attached the file to an email and hit send.


In less than a minute she had a window pop up on her screen.


What made you send that at work?


She smiled and replied: You don't have a pc at home.


Gibbs responded: And if someone had been here looking over my shoulder? How would you explain that?


Abby laughed out loud and told him: You would have been the one explaining. But I know you, you don't open your emails with anyone around.


She didn't get a reply to that so just before she logged out of the chat she told him: Hitting your pc isn't going to help you know. But if the image disturbs you, you could delete it.


She turned back to her printer as it spit out the latest round of test results. Gibbs walked into her lab several minutes later with a fresh coffee and Caf-Pow. He waited until she had taken a big gulp of her drink before telling her, "I think I accidentally put that picture of you as my desktop background."


She sputtered and coughed as he walked away smiling. "GIBBS!" She yelled as the elevator doors closed.


~Calalily~

Love Isn't Love Til You Give It Away by calalily
Author's Notes:
Song: Love Isn't Love (Til You Give It Away)

Gibbs was sitting back at his desk, smiling at the fact that Abby would actually think he'd put that picture of her on his desktop. Keep it in a folder stashed away for later viewing, yes. Display her for everyone's eyes to see, no. Abby walked from the elevator to his desk and he turned his smile on her. Her step faltered for a moment as she stared at him.


Smile's not a smile until it wrinkles your face


She stepped over to his side of the desk and looked down at his monitor. He heard the quick indrawn breath she took as she realized he hadn't put the picture on his background. She was about to walk away when she noticed that Tony and Ziva were staring at them.


"I have some test results I need to talk to you about Gibbs." She said and walked away.


He stood up from his chair and caught up with her before the elevator doors closed. As soon as they started moving, he pushed the emergency stop button.


You might think love is a treasure to keep
Feeling to cherish and hold
But love is a treasure for people to share
You keep it by letting it go


She turned to him with a question in her eyes and he simply let her look into his. He was waiting; waiting to see if she would find what he had just acknowledged himself that very day. She looked for what seemed like forever and then her beautiful smile broke free. She threw her arms around his neck and he lifted her off her feet. Pinning her to the wall of the elevator, he returned the kiss she started all those weeks ago. He kissed her until his knees were weak and her lipstick was all but gone. Lifting his head only the few inches he needed to look into her eyes, he told her, "I love you Abby."


She raised her head to kiss him again and whispered to him as her lips touched his, "I love you, Gibbs."


Cause love can't survive
When it's hidden inside
And love was meant to be shared
Love isn't love till you give it away
Love isn't love till it's free
The love in your heart
Wasn't put there to stay
Oh love isn't love till you give it away


~Calalily~

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6269