Behind Blue eyes by no1bean
Summary: a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back
Categories: Het Characters: None
Genre: Action, Drama, Established relationship, Friendship
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate, Abby/McGee, Other Pairing
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 19108 Read: 106027 Published: 03/05/2007 Updated: 05/17/2007
Story Notes:
this is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those to understand this. i know sometimes the feedback thing doesn't work, so if i dont reply to it. send and email to.
charmipaje@hotmail.co.uk

1. Behind Blue eyes by no1bean

2. Chapter 2 by no1bean

3. Chapter 3 by no1bean

4. Chapter 4 by no1bean

5. Chapter 5 by no1bean

6. Chapter 6 by no1bean

7. Chapter 7 by no1bean

8. Chapter 8 by no1bean

9. Chapter 9 by no1bean

10. Chapter 10 by no1bean

11. Chapter 11 by no1bean

12. Chapter 12 by no1bean

13. Chapter 13 by no1bean

14. Chapter 14 by no1bean

15. Chapter 15 by no1bean

16. Chapter 16 by no1bean

17. Chapter 17 by no1bean

18. Chapter 18 by no1bean

19. Chapter 19 by no1bean

20. Chapter 20 by no1bean

21. Chapter 21 by no1bean

22. Chapter 22 by no1bean

23. Chapter 23 by no1bean

24. Chapter 24 by no1bean

25. Chapter 25 by no1bean

26. Chapter 26 by no1bean

Behind Blue eyes by no1bean
Author's Notes:
a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back
This is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those first

Chapter 1

"We got a dead sailor at Quantico" Tony said, entering the bullpen. "Grab the gear, DiNozzo, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to Kate.
"What, so I'm just DiNozzo now?" Kate asked.
"You kinda became one when you married me" he said, stepping into the elevator with her and the two Probies.
"True"
"Probie call Ducky"
"Why do you still call me probie? It's been 5 years since I joined NCIS. Even special agent Sciuto called me it" the mention of her name made both Kate and Tony shiver, it had been 4 years today since Mac was killed in the bank hold up. A whole group of them were going to visit her grave today. It was going to be a hard day for all of them.

Chris sat at his desk and nearly cried. He missed Mac so much. The photo on his hand was of them 7 years ago in Scotland. The view was over Balburnie park and they were laughing and smiling. 4 years ago his beautiful wife was murdered when she saved 20 people's lives in that bank heist, just a couple of weeks after their son Matthew was born. Chris had to raise Matt himself, along with the help of his friends. Tony and Kate sometimes looked after him, as did Abby and Tim. "Chris?" Kevin said, sticking his head round the door.
"What is it Kev?" he said quietly.
"Um…I know today will be hard, but you have a patient."
"I'll be there in a minute Kev" he said, putting the picture down and heading for exam room one.

"What seems to be the problem?" he said cheerily to the young girl.
"I really don't feel well. I have been throwing up for days now"
"Ok, I'll see what I can do. What is your name?"
"Sarah" she said. ‘Oh shit' he thought. ‘Today of all days to have a patient named Sarah'

"Kate, shoot. Probie, sketches. Other probie, bag and tag. What you got Duck?" he said, kneeling down beside the body.
"Well, the poor girl died a painful death."
"Aren't most?"
"True. Well, her throat was slit from behind. The incision isn't very deep, so it took sometime for her to die."
"TOD?"
"Liver temp says around 12 hours ago. Which puts it at 10pm last night."
"Anything else?"
"Well, she shows signs of sexual activity."
"Rape?"
"Probably. There is also a blood smear on her leg. It looks like transfer."
"Abby will test it. The amount of blood here is inconclusive with her injuries"
"Yes, this is not the primary crime scene"

"Hey Tony" Abby said, not her cheery self, but cheery none the less. "What you got for me?"
"Evidence"
"You don't say"
"Funny. Could you run the DNA off of the blood smear first. It is either the killers or someone he came into contact with or…"
"Yeah, I get the picture,"
"And Kate found the murder weapon 10 feet from the body. Could you run that too?"
"Of course."
"And all the other things as well"
"Yeah Tony, I know how to do my job"
"What time are we going to the cemetery?"
"Around 7,"
"You ok?"
"Yeah, I will be. I just miss her."
"Me too" he said giving her a hug.
"I need those results asap"
"Wow, even more like Gibbs was by the day" she said as he left the lab. She turned round and turned on her plastic death CD.

"Our victim is a Petty Officer Katy Hunter, she is supposed to be deployed on the Seahawk."
"Kate, the Seahawk is 10 days out, what the hell is she doing at Quantico?"
"That's what we have to find out"

An hour later Abby called up the squad room. "DiNozzo" Tony answered. "Right Abs." he said, hanging up. "Abby's got something for us. Come on" he said and they all followed him into the elevator.
"What you got Abs?" Tony said, walking up behind her.
"I got a print from the knife, I ran it through AFIS and got a hit. I also…"
"Wait, who does it belong to?"
"Let me finish Tony. I ran the DNA from the blood through CODIS, same guy."
"Who?"
"A guy named Kenneth Thomson. He is being held in by Seattle PD."
"Ah, that's good work Abby. Kate, get us a priority ride to Seattle"
"You got it"
End Notes:
this is a sequel to the secret daughter and she's back. you have to read those to understand this
Chapter 2 by no1bean
Chapter 2

They were all at the cemetery at 7 o'clock. Chris laid a red rose on her tombstone and then stood up with the others. Abby then took a step forward and laid a black rose beside it. "I think you would've liked that" she said quietly.
"We gotta catch that priority ride. Come on lets go" Tony said.
"Where you guy's headed?" Chris asked.
"Seattle, why?"
"You mind if I come?"
"What, you've got work."
"No, on vacation.
"Cool, there's room. Kids are on vacation as well. Maybe we could all go?"
"I think so"
"Well lets go then" they all walked away, leaving Mac in peace.

"Ah, good old rainy Seattle" Tony said, walking in the rain.
"No, it's easing up" Kate told him as the water stopped falling.
"Wow, reminds me of Scotland" Chris said, holding Matt's hand.
"We gotta go check in at PDHQ. You guys have fun" Tony said, leaving Chris with the four kids.

"Ah look it's NCIS." The cop said as he shook Tony's hand.
"Detective Gary Gregor." He said, shaking back.
"How are you Tony?"
"Do you know everyone in the country?" Kate asked.
"We were cops together in Baltimore" Gary told her.
"Yeah. Gary, this is my wife Kate" he said and Kate shook his hand.
"Nice to meet you Kate."
"Same here."
"This is McGee. The director"
"Sir"
"Gibbs, he used to work at NCIS. Ducky, our ME and his assistant and Abby, our forensic scientist. And the Probies"
"Nice to meet you all." He said, letting go of Abby's hand,
"We also have Abby and McGee's kid, Mike, mine and Kate's twins and my friend's kid, Matt. Chris is currently looking after all of them.
"Busy man, and a lot of people to remember."
"Well, it doesn't really matter. Have you got my suspect?"
"That I do. Follow me" he said, walking down the corridor to interrogation.

Tony and Gibbs entered the room, while everyone else entered observation. "This is gonna be nasty" Abby told them.
"Tell me about it" Kate confirmed.
"Also gonna be very entertaining seeing his squirm" Gerald said.
"Ah, you young people and your violence" Ducky said, shaking his head. Inside interrogation Kenneth was looking very nervous.
"We have you print on the murder weapon and your DNA on the body of a dead sailor."
"I don't know anything about that"
"Really, you were in Virginia when she died and then flew straight here judging on time."
"Are you sure" he said smugly.
"Positive" Gibbs said, putting one hand on the table and another on the back of the chair and leaning right into him, as Tony paced in front of the one way mirror.
"I…um" he stuttered.
"Why did you kill her?"
"What made…you…um…think I killed… um…anybody?" he said, almost in tears.
"Well, it could be all the forensics or it could be my gut or it could be the crap lie you just told."
"It wasn't a lie. I have been in Seattle all week"
"Really" Tony said sarcastically.
"Yes, ask my sister."
"And your sister would be"
"Grace Thomson. She lives across the street from me and we both work at Ferguson & co."
"We'll check on that. But know I want to know…"
"No, I'm not saying anything else until my lawyer is here" he said, leaning back and folding his arms.
Chapter 3 by no1bean
Chapter 3

"We gotta check out his sister anyway" Tony said as they all stepped into the hall.
"I know. Probie, go chase it up. We're going for lunch." He said, patting him on the shoulder as the whole group left him there on his own.

"Do you think Chris misses Mac all the time?" Tony asked.
"Probably. I know I do" Ducky told him.
"Me too" Abby said.
"I know it has been 4 years, but the team still kinda feels empty without her"
"I know what you mean" Kate said.
"I don't know who the hell you are talking about, so I'm not gonna say anything else" Gary told them.
"She was a special agent who died 4 years ago in a bank heist." Abby started, "She was trying to arrest a suspect when four guys took her and about another 24 people hostage. She tried to reason with them and it didn't work"
"So they killed her?"
"No. she decided to shut up before they did kill her. He had already killed two of the bank staff because they wouldn't give them the money. They demanded a chopper in half an hour or they would kill a hostage every 5 minutes after the deadline. We couldn't get it that fast, so he killed one guy and his partner threw him out of a second story window. He then killed a woman, and the guy did the same thing. Mac obviously tried to stop this and failed. Well then, 15 minutes after the deadline, he was going to kill a kid. Mac took him down with a concealed knife, then the second guy started shooting at her. She eventually got him as well after a gun fight. The guy who had been throwing bodies came down, semi-automatic in full blast, according to witnesses, she got him while he was reloading. But the last guy emptied three rounds into her head. She saved everyone in that bank. She was a hero. Saved all of us at one point or another,"
"That's true" they agreed.
"She sounded like a brilliant agent." Gary said.
"She was."

"What'd you say we get something to drink?" Chris said to the kids.
"Yay!" J yelled.
"Where'd you wanna go?"
"Starbucks" Matt said.
"Wow, you are like your mother. I think there is one round the corner" he said, taking Matt and Sarah by the hand and taking them round the corner.
"Wow, it is a long queue" Chris told them
"We'll wait" Mike said. They got to the front of the queue and there was only one woman in front of them.
"Same as usual?" the server asked her.
"Ah, you know me so well" she laughed. Her accent was Scottish and Chris got a pain in his chest. Anything Scottish reminded him of Mac. He even missed her when he sees how alike Matt is to her.
"There you go"
"Thanks." She said, handing over money,
"See you tomorrow."
"Bye Charlie" she said, spinning round and walking straight into Chris. "Oh, sorry" she said, but Chris wasn't listening.
"Mac?"
"Who?" she said, confused. But Chris was more. This woman was Mac. She was the exact same, even down to the glint in her eye.
"It is you"
"I'm sorry, I don't know who that is." She said, looking away from Chris to the four children. The three younger ones were confused, but Mike just stared in awe. Her eyes moved to Matt. And she froze. She couldn't move.
"Mac." The woman didn't answer, Chris saw the sadness in her eyes. "It is you, you can't even take your eyes of him can you" she tore her eyes from him and looked back at Chris. She ran. Dropping her coffee and rushed past everyone. "Mike, watch them!" Chris yelled as he chased the woman out of the building and down the street. Chris was fast, but so was she. she ran into somewhat of a clearing and she got to the fence, Chris thought he would get her there, but she gracefully gate vaulted it and ran to a motorbike on the other side. She started it and tore down the road, Chris no chance of catching her. He pulled out his cell and dialled Tony's number.
"DiNozzo"
"Tony, it's Chris. We have trouble"
Chapter 4 by no1bean
Chapter 4

Chris was going to meet the rest of the group back at the police headquarters. He his was spinning. Was it Mac? He didn't know. He needed to figure this out and fast. He returned to Starbucks and got the children. "Was it her uncle Chris?" Mike asked,
"I dunno, but I‘ll find out."

"Hey, where you been?" Gary asked his lab tech as she wandered in 15 minutes late back from lunch.
"Sorry, got held up" she replied, kind of shook up.
"You ok?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"All the evidence from the latest case is in your lab"
"Got it" she said, grabbing up her white lab coat and rolling the sleeves up to the elbows and entering the lab.

"Can I help you?" the detective said as Chris and the kids entered.
"Yeah, I'm meeting special agent DiNozzo here"
"Oh, he should be here soon, I was having lunch with him and his friend but had to leave early. I'm detective Gary Gregor,"
"Chris Sciuto" he said, shaking his hand.
"Sciuto?"
"Yeah, why?"
"You any relation to our lab tech?"
"Depends on who your lab tech is" he joked,
"Kate Sciuto?"
"Kate Sciuto? Um…yeah, that is my sister" he lied, figuring it had to be Mac. Sciuto was a very uncommon name.
"Cool, she just got in. I'll take you to her" he said, leading him through a maze of glass corridors.

"Kate, you got a visitor" Gary said to the woman with her back to them
"Great. Who is it?"
"Hey ‘Kate' long time no see" Chris said, and she spun at the sound of his voice.
"Um…Chris hey" she said, knowing her cover was blown.
"I'll leave you two to catch up" Gary said, exiting the lab.
"Um…hey" she said again, looking for another exit.
"No, no escape this time."
"Um…"
"What the hell Mac. How the hell did you survive three rounds to the head?"
"Ah, it's a secret"
"Mac, please, I thought you were dead for 4 years. How could you leave or whatever the hell you did."
"I didn't have a choice."
"Oh, the hell you didn't. Tell me what is going on!"
"Fine! Yes it's me I'm alive."
"But, how"
"I wasn't actually shot. The guy who ‘shot' me was an old friend."
"Carlo?"
"Yeah, how'd you know?" she said, surprised.
"We figured it out."
"Oh my God, you didn't kill him did you?" she said concerned.
"No, we couldn't find him"
"Thank God."
"But all the robber names. Carlo, Martino, Marco and Angelo. They're all Italian. Mafia"
"Spot on. The mob"
"How the hell did you get caught up in the Mafia?"
"You say hell a lot"
"Mac!"
"Right, ok. Well. Do you remember that crazy nurse that I ‘killed'?"
"The one that fell on her knife"
"One in the same. Well, turns out her father was a big mob boss, so when he found out who ‘killed' her. He wanted her dead, and that person just happened to be me"
"So what, you faked your own death?"
"Yeah."
"How, you were ‘killed' by a robber"
"Again, like you said, that was Carlo. We went to college together and he owed me a favour. He joined the mafia ages ago and when he found out I was a target, he gave me a heads up. That's what our first conversation was all about. And then after a few months, after Matt was born, he said they were gonna a make a move. So, the only way out of it was death by one of him guys, that was Carlo."
"So why not come back?"
"If I committed suicide or ran, they would have killed you and Matt. If I came back and they found out I faked my death with the help of one of his guys, he would have killed all 4 of us. I couldn't do that."
"So instead you made us all believe you were dead?" he said, hurt.
"I wanted to come back so much. I even came to the airport a couple of times" she said, a tear running down her cheek. "But when I got there, I realised, I couldn't come back. That would kill all of us."
"So you lived a different life out here, did you remarry or something?" he said, sadly.
"Nope I missed all of you so much, I just…couldn't" she said, almost in tears, which was a rare site. He slowly walked over o her and did something he had done in 4 years. He hugged her, he could feel her grip his back tightly. He let go and so did she. This time he did what he had been longing to do. He kissed her, and she kissed him back like she had never kissed him before. He rapped his arm round her waist and she put hers up around his neck, and he leaned her against the desk.

"Wow, that's one fucked up family" Gary said as the whole group burst into police HQ. Abby saw the children standing at the front desk and ran over to them. "Where is your uncle?" she asked Mike.
"He went with the detective."
"Do know what this big secret is?"
"Um…kinda, but I can't explain it very well. I would wait for Uncle Chris to come back" Abby felt someone tugging her shirt.
"What is it honey?" she said, turning round to see Matt holding her shirt.
"Does my daddy not love my mummy any more?"
"Of course he does, he will always love her, as we all will."
"Then why is he kissing that lady?" he said, pointing off to the right, causing Abby to spin round and get very pissed off. She ran off in the direction of Chris threw open the glass door,
"What the hell are you doing!" she yelled, and Chris stopped kissing the woman. "You just left the kids to be getting it on with some tramp"
"Nice to see you too sis" Mac said, turning round so Abby could see her face. Abby stumbled back, a look of complete shock on her face.
"You… um… what the fuck?"
"Yeah" Mac said, taking a step forward, causing Abby to stumble back again.
"Um… you…"
"Yeah, it's me" she said and Abby didn't stumble this time. Instead she ran at Mac and pulled her into the biggest bear hug she had ever given. "Nice to she you too Abs" she said, although her voice was pretty muffled. Abby spun her round so Mac was facing Chris. She smiled and he smiled back.
Chapter 5 by no1bean
Chapter 5

"Your…like…dude."
"You really have a way with the words Abs.
"Holy shit, you're like…"
"Alive?"
"Well, yeah. How the hell?"
"I'm not explaining it twice within the space of 5 minutes. Tell you later."
"She faked her own death" Chris told Abby.
"You what!"
"I hade good reasons. I'll explain later."
"Wow, I gotta tell the others she said bounding out the room, a massive grin on her face.
"Here we go" Mac said, following her out.

"What got you so pissed off?" Tony asked when he saw Abby running towards him.
"The main thing Tony is that I am ecstatic now."
"Why?" Kate asked.
"You'll see" she said, sensing Chris getting near. "I'd like to introduce you to Gary's forensic scientist." She said, and Chris moved to the side, revealing Mac. All of them just started.
"Is it really you?" Tony asked,
"That it is my friend" she replied, and without hesitation he ran and picked her up, twirling around,
"Nice to see you too DiNozzo" she said as he put her down.
"Wait, I wanna be sure. What is the best guys film?" Tony asked her.
"Fight Club"
"It is you!"
"Kate, what's going on?" Gary asked.
"I dunno," she told him.
"I meant the other Kate"
"Who?"
"He's talking bout me" Mac, said turning to face the rest of the group.
"I'm confuzzled" McGee said.
"Hey probie, that's my word. Hey dad" she said, running and giving Ducky a massive hug.
"I don't understand" he said simply.
"Well, I'm alive."
"When were you dead?" Gary asked,
"Detective Gregor" Mac started, "Nice to meet you, I'm Sarah Sciuto"
"What?"
"It's a really, really long story, I'll tell you later"
"Um…ok" he said, but she wasn't listening, she had ducked behind Chris, out of site as the probie passed.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"That probie is one of the reasons I couldn't come back. I could have hid from them, but the have a mole in NCIS. That probie there"
"Wait, who is a mole?" McGee asked concerned.
"The probie" Mac repeated.
"And who is ‘them'?"
"The mafia"
"The Mafia!"
"Yeah, it is a really complicated and like I said, I'll tell you later"
"So, are you coming back to NCIS?" McGee asked.
"If you'll take me back"
"Here" he said, pulling out a spare weapon and badge.
"Hey, this is my old badge and gun. You carry them around with you? That's creepy McGee" she said, putting on the badge and slipping the holder onto her trousers. "So, what we got on this case?" she said, and Tony put an arm round her and led them all to interrogation.
Chapter 6 by no1bean
Chapter 6

“So, you faked your own death” Kate said for the third time.
“Yes Kate, I did”
“And you took my name?”
“How did you get that from people calling me Kate?” Mac said, sarcastically. She then turned round and watched as Tony and Gibbs entered interrogation for the second time. “Ah, to good old times” Mac said, as Kate also turned round.

“We checked your alibi Kenny” Tony said.
“And, she confirmed it didn’t she” he said confidently.
“Nope”
“What?”
“Bet you didn’t expect her to bail on you when we threatened to out her in prison for tax fraud.” Gibbs told them
“That bitch!”
“So, I’ll ask you one more time. Why did you kill her?” he didn’t answer. “Was it because she rejected you?”
“She didn’t fucking reject me!”
“Then what”
“She hit my sister”
“She hit her.”
“Yeah”
“She threw a punch so you fucking raped and murdered her?”
“Bitch deserved it.”
“DiNozzo, get the bastard out of here”
“My pleasure boss” Tony said, pulling Kenny up in a way that hurt him most. He cuffed him and then disappeared out of Mac and Kate’s view.

“So why did you fake your death?” Kate asked when Tony and Gibbs had left interrogation.
“No reason just did it for the banter” she said sarcastically, starting to get annoyed.
“Maybe I should stop it”
“It’s not that Kate, I’ll… I’ll explain it to you all later”
“Ok, lets go” she said, and they left interrogation.
“Good jobs guys” Kate told them.
“Thanks honey. Mac you got a plan for the probie?”
“Yeah, just watch” she said, surprised that only a couple of hours after they had found out she had been alive for four years when they thought she was dead, that things could go back to they way the were.

“Sammy!” Tony called and the probie walked over.
“What is it boss?”
“Someone wants to say hi to you” he said, pointing over the probie’s shoulder. “Shit” he said as Mac’s fist hit him and he fell to the floor.
“Hi” she said, picking him up and cuffing him. “Wow guys. Two arrests. I would say you had a successful trip.” She said, handing the probie over to a nearby cop.
“Mac, can I talk to you?” Chris asked.
“Sure.” She said, heading off to the side with him.
“Are you coming back to DC?”
“If you’ll take me”
“Of course, its just maybe I thought you might have had here…”
“Another guy? No”
“What about friends?”
“I have a couple but mainly I’m kinda a loner. So, will you take me back?”
“Yes” he said, and kissed her again. “The hard part will be explaining it to Matt”
“I know. I don’t know what to say to him”
“Maybe you should try now” Chris said and pointed to Abby who had just entered with Matt.
“Ok” she said, taking a deep breath and walking over to them.

“Abs, would you give us a minute” Mac asked her sister-in-law.
“You got it” she said, letting go of Matt’s hand and walking over to Chris.
“Hi” Matt said to her,
“Hey. Do you know who I am?”
“Maybe, aunt Abby said you used to work at NCIS.”
“I still do. But that isn’t exactly it”
“Then what?”
“I’m your mum” Matt just stood there, trying to decide whether she was legit. He saw the resemblance between them and they way everyone, especially Chris, had reacted to seeing her. He had his father’s eyes, but everything else looked like it belonged to this woman. He made up his mind. He jumped forward and wrapped his arms around Mac’s neck and squeezed tightly. Mac hugged back, a few tears running down her cheek.
Chapter 7 by no1bean
Chapter 7

“So Mac, when are you coming back to DC?” Gerald asked.
“Well, I have to get all my stuff packed up and other crap.” She said, turning round to face him.
“That’s true”
“May be you could go do it now” Gary said to her.
“You trying to get rid of me detective?” she said,
“No, it’s just…” he stuttered
“Gary, I’m kidding” she said with a laugh
“You make everyone weak at the knees” Gerald told her.
“Part of my charm” she said, winking at him. “So Gary, can I go?”
“Sure Kate, I mean Mac” he corrected himself.
“Well then lets go” she said, to Chris and he followed her down the corridor. Around 100 feet from their starting position, Mac jumped and let out a yelp. A man had slapped her ass, and she had been surprised,
“We still on for tonight Kate”
“Um Will,” she said, resisting the urge to whack him in the face. “This is Chris, my husband” the look on the man’s face was priceless. Chris’ reaction was better.
“Hey man, nice to meet you. That’s a nice suit” he said, shaking Will’s hand.
“Um…”
“Well, bye” Mac said, turning away and walking with Chris again.
“He seemed nice”
“He isn’t” she said, rounding the corner and stepping into the elevator.

Two weeks later everything was back to normal at NCIS. By normal it meant Mac was back. The looks on everyone’s faces as she walked back in had been priceless. Currently, they all sat at their desks, Gerald up from autopsy, Mike there as well when McGee walked into the bullpen. “S’up ma bitches” he said, and everyone stared, especially Mike.
“Holy Jesus dad, I cannot believe you just said that” he said, burying his face in his hands.
“He’s right probie, you can’t pull that off.” Mac told him.
“What was that special agent Sciuto?”
“Nothing sir. I’m off to see Abby” she said, standing up from her desk. “Gotta blaze bitches” she said, making fun of McGee, turning and entering the elevator.
“Now she on the other hand, can pull that off and she isn’t even American or black” Gerald said, getting a laugh from all the others.

“Hey Abs” Mac said, entering the lab and handing her a caf-pow.
“Thanks” she said, taking a sip.
“You busy?”
“Kinda. No case or anything but I’m making a new pic for the wall.”
“Cool” Mac said, as Abby led her over to the desk.
“Guess what it is”
“Um…” Mac said, looking at it from different angles. Abby had a massive grin on her face. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that was both my gunshots, my stab wound with a cross-section of a burning building, all florescent.”
“Yup”
“Should I be creeped out of honoured?”
“I’m not sure. I’m gonna call it ‘behind blue eyes’ like, kinda about you.”
“Wow, thanks. See ya later” she said, leaving and heading for autopsy.

“Hey dad” she said, seeing Ducky. “Oh and Gerald as well” she said, seeing him round the corner.
“Hey Mac”
“What brings you here Sarah?” Ducky asked, removing his gloves.
“Just coming to say hi dad” he said, jumping up onto a table, dropping her cell in the process, “Shit” she muttered, going to jump back down to get it.
“Don’t, I got it” Gerald said, running over and picking it up and placing it back in her hand.
“Why thank you” she said, flashing her beautiful smile at him. Gerald turned round and went to the microscope, a goofy grin on his face. “Well, gotta go” she said, giving Ducky a peck on the cheek and walking through the open doors. Gerald still have that goofy look on his face, and Ducky noticed.
“She’s married you know” Ducky said, hitting his mark.
“I know” Gerald said, quietly, disappointed.
“You like her?”
“A lot” he reluctantly admitted.
“Well my boy, I’m sorry” Ducky said, patting Gerald on the shoulder as Gerald went to deliver a sample to Abby. As he left, Gibbs arrived. “Ah Jethro. Are we the only to men who haven’t fantasized about my daughter?”
“Um…” Gibbs said, shy for once.
“Oh Gibbs” Ducky said, kind of weird.
“Well, Mac is hot and I was going through a dry spell” he said quietly, as if ashamed.
“Um…hi guys” Mac said, very awkward.
“Sciuto!” Gibbs yelled, meaning for her to go upstairs.
“Gibbs, you can’t…you don’t work here any… fine I’m going” she said, leaving as fast as she had come.
Chapter 8 by no1bean
Chapter 8

Mac re-entered the bullpen and slumped down at her desk. “What’s up?” Tony asked, concerned at Mac not being her normal cheery self.
“Nothing. So, what we got Boss?”
“Nothing. Actually, me and Kate are having a Halloween party on Friday, you coming? Everyone else is.”
“You? Dude, you hate Halloween”
“I know. But Mike said if I held a Halloween party he was allowed to come to, he’d take the three other kids out trick or treating.”
“Cool. I’ll be there”
“Fancy dress”
“Score.”

Friday

They were all at the DiNozzo household for the Halloween party. Apart from a couple of people, you could tell who everyone was. Chris saw a person dressed very convincingly as the Wolfman walk up to him. “Are you kidding me?” the female voice said.
“What” he said, signalling to his costume.
“Chris, I cannot believe you dressed as Frank’n’Furter” she said, shocked,
“Well Wolfman, it was for a laugh. Tony dared me.”
“Oh, my husband the transvestite” she said, patting his arm.
“I didn’t recognise you at first Mac.”
“I’ll take that as a complement that I don’t look like this normally.” She said.
“You don’t” he said, giving her a quick kiss.
“Wow, I bet that looked weird” she laughed, god he loved her laugh. Sometimes he thought he was the luckiest man in the world, and the truth is, sometimes he was. She turned round and surveyed the room. McGee was dressed as Frankenstein and Abby as the bride of Frankenstein. Cute Mac thought. Kate, surprisingly, was dressed as Ozzy Osbourne. Mac couldn’t help but laugh every time she looked at her. Even more shocking, was the fact Tony had actually dressed as Gibbs. Mac couldn’t make out whether the real Gibbs was disturbed or proud. He was dressed as a vampire, courtesy of Abby. Gerald was a zombie and Ducky was the devil. Mike, who had just turned up after dropping J, Sarah and Matt at the babysitters was made up like a geek, the exact opposite of his usual gothic attire. “Happy Halloween Gibbs” Mac said to Tony.
“Why than you Wolfman” he said.
“Wow, who ever thought Gibbs’ fifth wife would be Ozzy”
“Funny, who thought the Wolfman would marry a transvestite?”
“Touché” she said, a smile on her face. “Nice party DiNozzo”
“Thanks”
“Who would have thought Gibbs would make such a great vampire?”
“Not me anyway” Tony told her. “How did you get your hair that wild?”
“I let it dry naturally” she laughed.

When the party was over Mac unwillingly stayed behind. “You ok honey?” Chris asked concerned.
“Um…yeah, just feeling a bit light headed that’s all” she said, swaying a little. “See you tomorrow guys” she said to Tony and Kate as she followed Chris out the door, then Tony shut it behind her.

The next day, Mac was still feeling the same. She came in and slumped down at her desk. “You sure you’re ok?” Tony asked, back to his normal attire.
“Yeah” she said, short and sweet. Tony phone rang and Mac heard him answer it. “Case?”
“Yeah” he said standing up. “John Doe at Norfolk. Kate, call Ducky”
“Got it” she said as Tony and Mac headed for the elevator.

When they got to the crime scene Tony flashed his badge and then the two women followed him under the tape. The jogged down the hill to where a car had ended up. They all stopped and took the scene in. “Oh my God, they killed Kenny” Tony said.
“You bastards!” Mac added, and seeing the two of them looking at her she spoke again. “What? You started it DiNozzo” she said, moving forward from them. The victim had a orange jumper pulled tight round his face, making him unrecognisable, just like Kenny.
“Anything here Duck?” Tony asked.
“Not really. COD looks like blunt force trauma, but I never judge before I get him home”
“TOD?”
“Liver temp suggests about 10 hours. I’ll know more when I get him back to NCIS”
“Thanks Ducky”
“What do you think?” Gerald asked Tony. “A crazed South Park fan?”
“You never know”

When they were done at the crime scene, and when Ducky and Gerald had got the body back, Tony and Kate were in the bullpen while Mac was delivering evidence to Abby. “What’s got you in a trance?” Kate asked her husband. He didn’t answer. “Hello, anybody in there?”
“Huh?”
“Tony, what is it?”
“Oh, I’m just worried about Mac”
“Why?”
“She doesn’t seem very well”
“Well…”
“No, I’m sure she’s fine”
“Yeah”
“Anyway, Chris is a doctor, so he would know”
“True” she said, sitting back down, and leaving Tony back in his trance.

McGee entered his wife’s lab to see her standing typing on the computer, evidence box lying on the table. He couldn’t see her hair from this angle but did see her stickmen tattoos. She slow snuck up from her, something he had learned from Gibbs. He wrapped his arms round her waist and let his chin fall on her shoulder, so he could whisper in her ear. Her body felt warm against his. “So, we still on for a night of rockin’ coffin sex while Mike is at Darren’s?”
“I dunno, you say that to all employees director?” the Scottish accent rang out, turning her head round closer to McGee’s.
“Mac!” he said, jumping back, hand thrown up in the air. “I…um…what…”
“Calm down McGee” she said with a laugh.
“But… tats” he simply uttered
“Me and Abby were totally wasted and got matching ones” she explained.
“I thought you didn’t drink!” he said, still yelling.
“From the morning after onwards” she said, still smiling.
“Mac!” he yelled again.
“What did she do now Tim?” Abby said, entering the lab with Kate.
“Nothing” Mac said innocently.
“I uh…gotta go” McGee said nervously, practically running out of the lab.
“I swear I didn’t do anything” Mac told them.
“I believe you” Abby replied.
“Now it’s just us girls” Kate began, grabbing her friends’ attention, both if them spinning round to face her. “I have some good news”
“Hurry up and tell us before you burst all over my lab”
“I’m pregnant” she said, massive smile on her face. The two of them rushed to her and hugged her tightly, saying congratulations that Kate couldn’t quite make out. “Thanks guys”
“Congrats Kate” a male voice said. They all spun around to see McGee had returned.
“Thanks Boss”
“I’m surprised Tony hadn’t told me already, he can’t keep a secret” Mac told them
“He would’ve told you if he knew” Kate said back.
“Oh” she said, before swaying again and colliding with McGee.
“That’s it, your going home” he told her.
“No, I’m fine”
“Liar. Go home. That is a direct order special agent Sciuto.”
“Fine sir. I’m going” she said, walking out of the lab, leaving them all worried.
Chapter 9 by no1bean
Chapter 9

Kate’s cell phone rang 5 minutes after Mac had left. “DiNozzo” she answered. “Right, got it honey” she said, placing it back in her pocket. The two others waited for her to explain. “We got another dead marine, same MO”
“Bring me back lots of evidence!” Abby called after her.

“This is gonna take longer because we are an agent down” Tony told his wife.
“Really? I never would have guessed” she said, voice dripping with sarcasm.
“What the hell took you guys so long” the woman said, jumping up from a chair on the porch.
“Mac, what the hell are you doing here? I thought McGee send you home”
“He did”
“Then why are you here”
“Because I really don’t feel that bad and can’t be bothered sitting at home doing nothing”
“Ok then. The more help we get the better” he said, entering the house, Mac and Kate on his six. “Told you it was related” Tony said
“Aye, no shit Sherlock” Mac said, as they took in the scene.
“You’re mean when you are ill”
“I’m not ill and I’m always mean” she said, flashing a smile in his direction, making him instantly forgive her. While the first murder was Kenny, this one was Cartman. A marine had been redressed in a fat suit, red jacket and blue hat.
“Sorry we’re late Anthony. Gerald got us lost again”
“Doc, you had the map”
“You gave it to me” he said angrily. “What have we got?”
“You tell me”
“Looks like the same cause of death as the other body”
“Blunt force trauma?”
“Yes.” He said, pulling out the liver probe. “Temperature suggests TOD was 5 hours ago.”
“Ok. Get him back as soon as possible Duck” he said, moving over to Mac and Kate. “You guys got anything?”
“Blood splatter on the wall, no weapon yet”
“Ok, keep working on it” he said, pulling out his ringing cell phone. “DiNozzo… right got it…thanks”
“What was that about?”
“We got another body. His killings are getting closer together. Come on guys. McGee is sending over another team to work this scene and we got the new one.” They all left the scene, including Ducky and Gerald who didn’t have time to take Cartman back to HQ, he was also coming.

“20 bucks says we’re gonna find a dead Kyle here” Mac said as they got out the truck.
“I would usually take bets but I know your right” Tony said flashing his credentials at the LEO and walking under the tape. They were led to the stair way and saw the marine facing them, head first down the stairs. Tony was glad he hadn’t taken Mac’s bet because the latest body was dressed in an orange coat, green hat and green mittens. Ducky had followed them in and walked straight to the body. “COD Duck?”
“Do you even have to ask?” he said pissed.
“Blunt force trauma”
“Yes. TOD is about 30 minutes ago”
“Damn it” he said, gesturing for Mac and Kate to join him on the stairs. “There is splatter on the roof. How’d you figure it got there?”
“That isn’t splatter, that’s cast off” Mac told him.
“Duck, you got any ideas on the weapon from the first body?”
“Maybe. The wound had a weird shape. Straight, but then it doubled back.”
“Hockey stick?” Mac suggested.
“Hockey sticks don’t double back Sherlock” he said, mocking her earlier comment.
“I mean field hockey Einstein” she threw back with a smile, and his face fell.
“Hmm…possibly” Ducky agreed. “Was there any connection between the victims?”
“Not that we could find. Granted we had very little time” Kate told him.
“Excuse me” Mac said as her phone rang. She moved over to the side and flipped it open. “Sciuto” she said, then listened for a while. “Aw Abs I could kiss you but I don’t go that way” she said, snapping it shut and putting it back in her jacket pocket.
“She got something?” Tony asked eagerly.
“Yeah. The connection isn’t the vics.” She said, rushing out to the truck, the rest of the team running confused after her.
“What is the connection?” Tony asked, jumping into the van, Kate behind him as Mac started it up and slammed her foot on the pedal. Tony and Kate together as Mac sped round the corner. The straightened up and quickly put their belts on. “What the fuck is the connection!” Tony yelled
“Location! Kenny was killed 50 metres north of the south gate, Cartman 50 metres east of the west gate and Kyle 50 metres south of the north gate.”
“I take it we’re heading to a house 50 metres west of the east gate?”
“Bingo” she said, spinning the van round another corner and pushing Tony and Kate into the side of the truck, just making them hold on tighter. When they got there, Abby had called them with the location, the truck had barely stopped before Mac was half way across the garden, sig levelled in front of her. She kicked in the door while Kate and Tony caught up. She ran in, leaving Tony and Kate to clear the room. She had an idea where they would be and she wasn’t wrong. A marine was sitting in a track suit at his laptop, earphones in and on the verge of head banging. I strong man was behind the unaware marine, a hockey stick raised over his head ready to bring it crashing down into the marine’s skull. Mac didn’t hesitate. She fired two shots into his heart and he fell to the floor. At this point the other two entered and the marine became aware of what was going on. He took his head phones out and stared in shock as two of what looked like cops went to the dead man and one of the women came over to him.
“Are you ok?” the woman said and he nodded
“So this is our guy” the man said, “Don’t even say it Mac” he added when the third agent began to open her mouth.
“Fine then” she said and he heard her Scottish accent.
“Hey wait, I recognise that guy” the marine said for the first time.
“What? Mac, I thought you said he didn’t know the vics”
“I thought he didn’t” she said, just as shocked as he was. The marine still stared and Mac followed his gaze and a look of confusion came on her face. “That’s Henry Bruce”
“You know him too”
“Not personally”
“She’s right” the marine told him.
“Who the hell is he?!” Tony asked frustrated.
“Henry Bruce. Best defender on the American Olympic field hockey team”
“And you just killed him?”
“Well done Sherlock”
“Stop saying that!”
“It’s my phrase of the day. Sorry”
“Come on. Lets get Ducky over here and we’ll get to go back to HQ” he said as they both stood up from the side of the body. “And you’re not driving back Mac. I don’t want to die
Chapter 10 by no1bean
Chapter 10

“What I wanna know, is why South Park characters?” Tony asked when they were all back in the bullpen. “And why those locations?”
“I dunno. Maybe his son watched it and told him to fuck off” Mac suggested.
“He had a son?”
“And a wife”
“Oh shit”
“Yeah but Tony think, so did the marines he killed”
“True.” He said and the both turned back to their computers.
“SCIUTO!” a roar came from behind Mac. She screwed up her face, knowing what was coming next.
“Director”
“I told you to go home Mac”
“I know”
“So go home. Now, or you’ll be suspended”
“Fine”
“You better”
“I said I would”
“You said that the last time as well”
“I suppose”
“Go. Now” he said, turning and going back up the stairs to his office.
“I see why you were always surprised at Gibbs coming down the stairs when this was your desk”
“Yup. Go home”
“I am” she said, grabbing her gun and coat and entering the elevator.

Mac opened her door and entered the room. She tossed her keys onto the sideboard and shook her coat off, putting it into the cupboard. She checked there were no new messages on the answering machine, which there wasn’t, then flopped down on the couch, turning on the TV. “We have breaking news on one of this country’s best sport stars” the newscaster began. “Henry Bruce, defenseman for the Olympic field hockey team was killed in a stand off with federal authorities this morning”
“Now this is one good time for them to call us federal authorities” Mac said to herself, getting up for a drink. She opened the fridge door and found there was nothing there that really looked appetising, she so sighed and shut the door again, and undoing all she had just done, she grabbed her coat and headed out the door.

Mac parked her car in the lot and entered the store. She turned up the drinks isle and pondered what to have. “What the hell are you doing out!” a deep voice sounded from behind her.
“Why do you hate me God?” Mac said quietly before turning round to face her boss. “Ah director nice to see you”
“Mac, I sent you home, why don’t you just stay there?”
“I was, but there was nothing to drink. And you should drink plenty of fluids when you are ill.”
“You admitting you’re ill now?”
“Ah, I feel a little dodgy but still capable of working”
“To bad you aren’t going to be”
“But…” she began
“No buts. Now”
“Fine” she said, giving in. he marched her to the front of the store, she grabbed up a bottle of apple juice and another of coke, she paid then waited for McGee to leave.
“Coke?”
“Flat coke helps when you are ill”
“Where’d you hear that from?”
“My gran. Always worked when I was a kid” she said, getting into her car.
“And apple juice is really acidic”
“I know, but it’s yummy” she said, flashing him her famous smile. “Bye McGee” she said, pulling out of the parking lot, but McGee followed. His cell phone rang and he reluctantly answered.
“McGee”
“Why the fuck are you following me!!”
“I’m making sure you actually go home”
“McGee, I promise”
“I’m still making sure”
“Fine then!” she yelled, hanging up on him.

Gerald entered the building to find the doorman asleep at his desk. He gave a laugh, shaking his head and entering the elevator. He pressed the button for the ninth floor and waited as the doors slid shut in front of him. He stepped off at the ninth floor and rounded the corner to the white door. He knocked then waited. No one answered so he picked the lock, a little trick he had learned from the owner of the apartment. He shut the door behind him and looked for a place to lay down the flowers. No placed seemed suitable so he looked in another room. He felt weird going into her bedroom but he found a place for them. He adjusted the card so that she would be able to see it. He had written it himself:
Dear Mac,
Get well soon
Love Gerald
He turned to leave and rush back before Ducky got mad.
Chapter 11 by no1bean
Chapter 11

The black figure slowly snuck in through the door and closed it quietly. He warily walked through the foyer, preparing to take out the doorman without raising anyone’s suspicions. Lucky for him, the place was deserted. He levelled his silenced gun and jumped round the corner, tonight was his night, the doorman was fast asleep. He slowly walked, as not to wake him up, and stepped onto the elevator, pressing the button and watching the doors slide shut in front of him. He stepped off a couple of floors up and drew his gun again. He held it high in front of him and rounded the corner. He saw the locked white door and pulled out his lock picking kit. He quickly got he door open and once again raised his weapon. The apartment looked empty to him… ‘Wait’ he thought. The bedroom door was ajar. He swiftly glided over to it and pushed it open without making a noise. He was surprised to find not the woman he was looking for, but a bigger African-American man, he could still make his plan work. The man was placing flowers on the nightstand and adjusting something. He aimed him gun and fired. He man fell quickly to the floor, bullet lodged in his neck. The mystery man walked over to Gerald and placed two fingers in the pool of blood. After he was finished her exited the way he came in before any one saw him, but that failed. A man came out from another room and yelled. The attacker shot two rounds through his forehead and he fell dead to the floor. This time he was able to exit freely.

“McGee! Leave me alone!” Mac yelled as McGee followed her over the lobby of her apartment building.
“I want to see if you are ok”
“I’m fine. Now go home or I’ll get Abby on you”
“I’m not scared of Abby”
“Really”
“Well kinda, but that’s not the point” he protested as they both got in the elevator, a man dressed in black, a hat covering most of his face, looked at Mac for a minute before exiting the elevator and brushing past them.
“Hm, weird”
“What?”
“Nothing, I thought I recognised him, but probably not”
“Hey, you’re not dizzy anymore”
“I told you I wasn’t sick. But did you believe me? Nope”
“Ok, rest tonight, and you can come back to work tomorrow”
“Wow, you stalking me actually worked out. Did not see that coming”
“Hey, I wasn’t stalking you, it was just concern” he said as he followed her off the elevator and round the corner. She opened the door and spun round to stop him following her in.
“I’ll see you tomorrow then”
“No, I’m gonna see you go to bed”
“Your kinda creeping me out now McGee, its turning into an obsession”
“Knowing you you’ll go out again”
“I won’t. Chris should be home anyway, and he’s a doctor so he won’t let me do anything and he’ll leave me alone. He said he’d be fixing something so he’ll be in another room. Let’s hope he’s started by now. And Matt is staying at Tony’s tonight, he fell asleep there after school.”
“Ok, but I need to use the head” he said and she let out a sigh.
“Fine. Come in” she said reluctantly. A second after he shut the door, Mac held up a hand and pressed a finger to his lips to shut him up. “You hear that?”
“What?” he said and she silenced him again.
“That was a moan” she said and turned round and spotted the bedroom door was half open. She drew her sig and slowly pushed the door opened. She was shocked at what she found. Scrawled over her bedroom wall was a message written in blood, it read:
I’M BACK SARAH
She looked around for the source of the blood and her eyes were drawn to the corner. “GERALD” she screamed, running over to him. “He’s still alive” she said to McGee who had arrived in the doorway. “McGee, call an ambulance now!” she yelled at him, but he was one step ahead of her he was already talking. “Gerald, hold on, ambulance is coming” she said to him, although not sure if he could hear her. She looked back at the message on the wall written in her friend’s blood. McGee was going to head down to the foyer to get the paramedics when they arrived when the saw the other body sprawled over the floor.
“Oh shit” he said, running over to the dark haired man.
Chapter 12 by no1bean
Chapter 12

“Abby McGee, you’re on the air”
“Abby, it’s Tim” he said quietly.
“Hey hun, what’s up?”
“Abby, I don’t have time to talk, just get to Mac’s as soon as you can”
“Tim what happened?” she said seriously, jumping up from her chair.
“No time to explain. Just get here as fast as you can” he said, hanging up the phone. She quickly grabbed her coat and left the office.

Abby arrived at Mac’s just in time to see a black body bag be wheeled out of the apartment. The place was swarming with cops and Abby had to squeeze past them to get to her husband. “Tim, tell me now!” she said, beginning to tear up.
“Well Abby…” he said, looking over at the body bag.
“Mac?”
“No, she’s fine”
“But that means…” she couldn’t finish.
“Director McGee!” a LEO yelled, stopping their conversation.
“Coming!” he yelled, turning to leave, but Abby grabbed his arm.
“Where’s Mac?” she said, and McGee pointed to a figure slumped in a chair. Abby quickly moved to her and sat beside her. “Are you ok honey?”
“No I’m not. This is all my fault”
“They said Gerald survived”
“Barely, he’s on his way to the hospital. They say he might die, I can’t have another death on my conscience Abs, I just can’t”
“Shh” Abby said, putting an arm round her,
“McGee! What the fuck is going on” a man said rushing in. “I saw the body bag is she…”
“No she’s ok”
“Oh thanks god” he sighed, then spotting her he ran. “I thought you’d been killed” he said, almost squeezing the life out of her.
“I’m fine Chris”
“I heard what happened and I rushed here and I saw the body bag and… oh god, who was it?”
“Drew”
“The super?”
“Yup. Apparently he was fixing a pipe”
“I called him ‘cause I couldn’t make it home in time. God damn it”
“I know. Gerald was seriously injured”
“Oh crap. How bad?”
“A round to the neck, hell of a lot of blood loss, crit condition”
“Shit.”
“Yeah, I’m gonna go down to the hospital now and get some updates. Abs, could you call his family?”
“Sure.”
“Mac, I’ll give you a ride, you’re not in a state for driving”
“Thanks. Will you tell everyone else Abs?”
“Yes. And Mac?”
“Yeah?”
“Why do you think it is your fault?”
“Have a look in the bedroom” she said, taking Chris’ hand and walking out.

Tony and Gibbs arrived at Mac’s 10 minutes later. Kate was looking after the kids. Tony rushed in the door and ran straight to Abby. “Abby, is Mac ok, did anything happen, I swear if anything happened to her I’ll” he rambled but Abby stopped him.
“She’s fine Tony.” He let out a big sigh and entered the apartment. “Gibbs, you do realise you don’t work at NCIS anymore?”
“Yeah. But this is personal and Tony is gonna let me help”
“Ok”
“Can I go inside now please?”
“Sure” she said, stepping aside and letting him past, before following him in.
Chapter 13 by no1bean
Chapter 13

“Wow, shit” Tony muttered as he looked at the message on the wall. Truth was he was scared for Mac. She was one of his best friends and some psycho wanted her dead. He felt weird in her bedroom, unlike any other crime scene. Gibbs just raked around like it was his own house and Abby was probably comfortable here. But he felt weird, like he shouldn’t be here, like he had done something wrong. He was worried about Gerald too. He wasn’t out in the field apart from the original crime scene and then all his work was inside, yet he had been shot twice concerning work. Well, this time wasn’t really work related, but Mac made it sort of connected. Again Tony mind was drawn back to Mac and how worried he was. He knew she was kick ass and could look after herself, but he felt kind of protective of her, even though she could kick his ass. Hearing her called Sarah sounded weird to him. True it was her name but only Ducky and apparently this bastard called her that.
“Wow, remind me never to piss Mac off” came Abby’s voice, shaking him from his thoughts.
“I always have that running through my mind. What did you find?” Tony asked
“Well, I knew Mac packed a lot of heat, but she has an armoury in this chest of drawers” she said and Tony joined her.
“Wow, you’re right. I know now never ever to piss her off”
“Who’s taking photos?” Gibbs asked
“That’s Mac’s… I’ll do it” he said, receiving the famous Gibbs stare. He moved over to the nightstand and saw three pictures there. The first was of her and Chris and Matt. The second was a full team photo. Her, Tony, Kate, Gibbs, Abby, Gerald, McGee and Ducky. And the last was just Tony and Mac, taken a while ago, just after they were both married.
“DiNozzo!”
“On it” he said, taking pictures of the message and all other evidence.

Mac paced the waiting room again and again. She was biting her thumb nail and occasionally letting out a sigh. “Are you ok honey?” Chris asked
“Yeah, no, maybe” she said, still in a sort of trance.
“You know that he’ll be…”
“Chris, please don’t”
“Sorry”
“No, it’s my fault”
“Look” he said as the surgeon came out of the swing door and headed over towards them. Mac rushed over to him and started to listen to what he was saying.
“Mr. Jackson lost a lot of blood. We struggled to revive him and I’m afraid…”
“No, did he die?”
“No”
“Oh thank god”
“But he did slip into a coma while on the operating table”
“Shit”
“I’m sorry”
“Can we see him?”
“Not right now, but maybe in a couple of hours”
“A couple of hours!! I’ve already been here for 10!”
“I know and I’m sorry. I have to go. I have other surgeries scheduled” he said, turning and walking away, leaving Mac and Chris in the waiting room once again. She threw herself into a chair and buried her face in her hands. Chris put an arm round her and she leaned in towards him.
“This is all my fault”
“Mac, you can’t think that way”
“It’s true, he was after me. Gerald and Drew were hurt and killed for it”
“Shh, honey” and at that point she pulled away from him ad pulled her vibrating phone from her back pocket. “Sciuto”
“Mac”
“Hey Tony”
“Are you ok?”
“Yeah, same as when you asked an hour ago”
“Ok, sorry. Any word on Gerald?”
“Yeah, he is alive…”
“Oh thank God”
“Don’t thank me yet”
“Funny”
“He slipped into a coma on the operating table”
“Seriously?”
“Yes”
“Well, we will all be there soon”
“The doctor says we can see him in a couple of hours”
“Ok, we’ll be there”
Chapter 14 by no1bean
Chapter 14

Mac sat by Gerald’s bed and held his hand. She was alone but started to talk. “Gerald, I am so sorry. All this is my fault and you were nearly killed for it. I’m sorry. Abby called your family and they’re heading down from Maine. I will get the bastard, I promise Gerald” she said as Tony and everyone else entered. He ran straight to her and gave her a massive hug.
“I’m so glad you’re ok” he said in her ear
“Thanks Tony” she said as he let go of her.
“That’s a nice pic of us on the night stand by the way” she didn’t answer. “Mac?” he said, but she was away in her own thoughts. “What’s wrong?”
“If you saw the pic…”
“It was pretty had to miss”
“Exactly. If you saw it then he saw it. And now he knows who to come through to get me!”
“Oh crap. Who will he go for first?”
“Um, probably…”
“What”
“Matt!” she said running out the room, Tony on her six.

Mac raced round the city in Tony’s mustang. “You crash you buy me a new one!”
“Deal” she said. Gliding round the corner to the DiNozzo household and slamming on the brakes. The both jumped out and drew their sigs. They ran straight through the door, weapons level and ready to shoot. They heard a child crying and another voice. They both ran into the living room where it was coming from. Kate was trying to comfort a crying Matt.
“Oh my god what happened?” Tony said, rushing to them.
“I’m assuming the bastard who shot Gerald tried to kill Matt!” Kate explained as Mac hugged Matt.
“And?”
“I shot him”
“Good” Mac said, turning, but still holding Matt. “Seriously?”
“He’ll live, round to the right shoulder”
“Was he all in black?”
“Yeah”
“Right” she said, pulling out her phone. “McGee, give all hospitals a head up to look out for a male, black clothing around 6’4”. Single gunshot wound to the right shoulder. Thanks…yeah put Chris on. Hi honey…yeah he’s fine, a little shook up but… yeah he tried, Kate shot him. Watch out, you’re probably next…I know, but I care. Ok, I’ll see you later” she said, shutting the phone.
“How did you know the clothing and height?”
“Me and McGee saw him leaving my building”
“And you didn’t stop him?”
“Well, I didn’t know it was him at the time Jackass. He came out the elevator as we went in. he crept me out, but I thought nothing of it. Obviously I was wrong.” She said, calming Matt again. “Can you guys get everyone to NCIS for safety?”
“Sure. What about you?”
“No. I need to stay and sort all of this out”
“I can help with that”
“I know, but I can’t have anyone else put in danger”
“Hate to tell you Mac but the team is working the case”
“I know, and I know I cant prevent that, but enough people have been hurt by this psycho.”
“Mac, let me help”
“Fine, but you do it from behind your desk”
“No way in hell”
“You’re not gonna win this argument”
“Neither are you”
“Fine then!” she yelled, storming out the door, but coming back and sticking her head round. “Thanks again Kate. And please, just get everyone to NCIS”
“I will” she said as Mac ran off, Tony following her again.

“Mac, slow down!” Tony yelled after her as she arrived at the car.
“Tony, leave me alone”
“No” he said, slamming the car door the she had just opened shut. “My god! I know you don’t want anyone to get hurt, but you can’t bottle it up like this”
“Since when!”
“Mac. Let me in, I can help”
“I don’t doubt that, but I don’t want you getting hurt. You have Kate and the twins to look after”
“And you have Chris and Matt!”
“I know. And I have had situations like this before. You know, you were there! But Gerald could and probably will die!”
“I know, but if you keep acting like this, someone else will get hurt”
“If I do it myself less people are involved and less chance off them getting hurt”
“For Fucks sake! I know you are scared and I know it is difficult for you to admit that, trust me, I know you. But I want to help you” he said, finishing the argument, and pulling her into another hug, which she returned.
“I’m sorry” she whispered
“For what?” he asked confused, but he soon found out. Mac kneed him in the abdomen and hit his once broken clavicle. He let out a muffled scream and fell to the pavement. Mac got in the car and drove off. “Bitch” he said, not meaning it, before getting Kate’s car and following her.
End Notes:
i seem to have said 'know' a lot in this chapter lol
Chapter 15 by no1bean
Chapter 15

Mac stopped the car after another five minutes. Tony pulled in beside her and got out, ready for round two. She got out of Tony’s car, also prepared, but Tony got there first. He grabbed her dodgy shoulder, making her give out a moan. “Sorry, but this is a last resort” he said sadly. She was fast as well though; she knocked his hand off her shoulder and hit him again. He came at her again, but tripped and fell on her, knocking them both to the ground. They both lay there and laughed. “Those 3 pictures on the nightstand really were cute, I didn’t take you for the…”
“Whadda you mean three?”
“There were 3 pictures”
“No there were four”
“What!”
“What one was missing?”
“How the hell should I know, that’s the one I didn’t see!”
“Well what ones were there then?” she said angrily
“Full team. You, Matt and Chris and the one of us. What one is missing?”
“The one of me and my dad” she said, shoving him off of her and jumping back into the car.
“Shit!” he yelled, jumping back into Kate’s and following Mac to the Mallard residence. Mac’s phone rang and she answered quickly.
“Oh this better be relevant McGee!” she yelled down the microphone.
“Mac, it is. Hospital said a man fitting the exact description got treated for a GSW to the right shoulder”
“They have him in custody?”
“No, he left before the BOLO was put out”
“Yeah, ok thanks McGee” she said, flipping the phone shut and throwing it onto the passenger seat. She slammed her foot on the accelerator and sped into her dad’s drive, practically jumping out the car while it was still moving, Tony on her six. She kicked open the door and the both ran. Mrs Mallard came out of the side room.
“Who are you!”
“It’s me Gran”
“Who?”
“You’ll think you’ll get used to it but you never do” she told Tony. “Where’s Donald?” she asked her grandmother.
“In the back. Who are you again?” she said, confused. Tony and Mac ignored her this time and ran to the back room, guns raised. “Oh my lord!” she exclaimed. They were prepared for what they found, but he hadn’t spotted them yet. The man they were after had a gun on Ducky and was ranting.
“You’re daughter will regret the day she ever messed with my family. She ruined mine so I’m gonna ruin yours” Mac whistled to draw his attention to her and Tony.
“NCIS drop your weapon” she told him, but he didn’t. Instead he cocked it and gave Mac an evil grin through his mask.
“Say goodbye to your father Sarah” he said, and then a dazed look came over his face. All three of them were confused until he fell unconscious to the ground, shards of a vase falling from his head.
“Don’t you threaten my son you bastard” came the voice of a woman in her 100’s. “All you young ones with your high tech weapons, in my day people used all they could find around the home to protect them. Oh my!” she said, dropping the remainder of the vase. “What happened to this poor boy? It was you wasn’t it you gigolo!” she said, wagging a finger at Tony. “I hope you get an STD” she said, spitting in his direction. Mac’s family had nearly all been killed that day, but yet she still gave a laugh at her grandmother slagging her friend. “You know, you remind me of this boy I met on holiday in Italy…” she began the story. Mac leaned over and whispered something in Tony’s ear.
“Now you know where my dad gets it from”
Chapter 16 by no1bean
Chapter 16

“I really can’t believe this was all him” Mac said form interrogation one viewing room.
“Well I don’t know who it is so I can’t comment” McGee told her.
“I knew him in Seattle.” She simply said.

Flashback

A man had slapped her ass, and she had been surprised,
“We still on for tonight Kate”
“Um Will,” she said, resisting the urge to whack him in the face. “This is Chris, my husband” the look on the man’s face was priceless. Chris’ reaction was better.
“Hey man, nice to meet you. That’s a nice suit” he said, shaking Will’s hand.
“Um…”
“Well, bye” Mac said, turning away and walking with Chris again.
“He seemed nice”
“He isn’t” she said, rounding the corner and stepping into the elevator.

End Flashback

Tony entered interrogation looking extremely pissed. He slammed a file onto the table and leaned down in close. “You think you’re smart don’t you. Well I’ve got news for you asshole, you made a massive mistake” Will just sat there, unaffected.

Back in viewing a probie came in with a file the same as Tony’s. “Thank you” McGee said taking it form him. He looked at it for a minute before speaking again. “I think we found out motive. He has no next of kin apart from and adopted brother. A former marine. Sergeant Jacob…”
“Sanders” Mac finished for him.
“How did you know that?” he said shocked, no way Mac was able to read the file.
“I just remembered. When I met him in Seattle, he said he had a brother in Leavenworth. Sergeant Jacob Sanders was the first killer I put in Leavenworth, on my very second day at NCIS. You remember him. The big black guy who came at me when I got his confession”
“Oh yeah”

Flashback

“What the hell!” he yelled as she entered. “I’ve been in here all night bitch!”
“Calm down jackass. The only reason you were in here all night was because you failed to co-operate. Sit down” she said the last part slowly. A command, not just an order. He slumped in his chair as she took to hers. “I just want to run over what you said happened again” she told him. “So you went over to Miss Farmer’s house?”
“Yes”
“Then you went to Major Weaver’s house.”
“Yes”
“Did no one have a problem with you dating an officer?”
“They did in the beginning ma’am but we got over it.”
“Ok then. So you broke up with Major Weaver”
“Yes” he said, getting pissed off.
“And she was angry”
“Yes” they were both raising their voices to a point where they could be heard down the corridor. They had stood up and were face to face.
“She wouldn’t stop yelling”
“Yes”
“So you killed her”
“Yes” realizing he had just confessed he went nuts he shoved the table out the way and attacked her but she was too quick. She slammed his into the wall and cuffed him. “You have been pissing me off all this time. Do you have something against black people?”
“No you prick, I have something against murderers. When the two other agents joined her she just told them to, “Get this bastard out of my sight.”

End Flashback

“Really. A massive mistake” he said smugly. “And what was that”
“One, trying to kill people. And two, really really pissing Mac of”
“There is only one person I meant to kill. Your so called friend” he said, sneering at the glass. This sent Tony over the edge. He drew a concealed knife and plunged it into Will’s hand. “Arrgh” he screamed and McGee jumped back as a reaction. Mac didn’t even flinch.
“Here we go” she said to no one in particular and calmly walked out of the room, into interrogation. “Hey Tony” she said, ignoring the man at the table. She was paying attention though. She noticed when he pulled the knife from his own hand and expertly threw it at her, but she didn’t move a muscle. The knife stuck into the wall about 3 inches from Mac’s head. She let out a little laugh before pulling the knife out and dragging Will up and shoving him up against the wall, placing the knife to his throat. This time he laughed.
“I know you Sarah, you can’t kill anybody in cold blood”
“You wanna bet? You killed someone I knew, and nearly killed three of my friends, including my father and son. Just you push me” she said, and he knew she wasn’t bluffing. Tony cuffed him and read him his rights before leaving 2 other agents to get rd of them.
“I can’t believe you didn’t even move. What if that had hit you?” he said to Mac,
“It wouldn’t have, I played a game of darts with him once. I know what his aim is like” she said, giving Tony a wink then heading to the squadroom.
Chapter 17 by no1bean
Chapter 17

They both sat down and their desks and were about to do some work for once, when Cynthia entered the bullpen. “Hi Cynthia” Mac greeted her.
“Is there something I can help you with?” Tony asked, wiping a little of Will’s blood from his hand.
“Director McGee asked to see you both. Agent DiNozzo is already up there” she said.
“Thanks” Tony told her, smiling then watching her leave. Mac stood up, followed be Tony who threw the rag into the drawer and followed Mac up the stairs. “You realize that he is probably gonna make us go another sensitivity seminar because of you?”
“Me? What about you? You stabbed a suspect in interrogation. Well, he obviously did it but. You know”
“Uh” he grunted, holding the door open for Mac.
“Thanks” she said, entering the office, Tony on her six.
“Hey, thanks for coming in”
“Hey boss, we didn’t mean… I mean, he deserved it… hurt Gerald…” Tony and Mac both argued at the same time.
“Hey!” McGee yelled to shut them up. “This isn’t about what happened in interrogation, I would have done the same my self. This is about a new case. We got a tip that arms dealers/assassins were hired to take out a navy admiral, staying this week at the Winchester hotel in Virginia. We were going to take them down when they were with whoever the hell hired them.”
“Sounds like a plan”
“Yeah, but they were found dead this morning in Georgetown. We don’t know who hired them, so I am sending in an undercover team. Tony, you will be the husband, Alexandre Saint-Pierre.”
“Wow, cool name” Mac added.
“And one of you,” McGee said, indicating to Mac and Kate, “Will be Celine Saint-Pierre. Question is which one?” he said, and they both were silent. Kate discretely pulled Mac off to the side and began to talk to her, out of earshot of Tony and McGee.
“Mac, I don’t mean to sound selfish, but I don’t wanna get hurt. There is a chance this could go bad, and with the baby…” she said, trailing off.
“I know. You want me to do it?”
“Yes please”
“No problem” she said as the joined the guys again.
“You decided?” McGee asked, interested,
“Yeah, I’m gonna do it” Mac told them.
“What?” Tony practically yelled, shocked at the decision.
“Ok then” McGee, said, expecting them to have chosen Mac.
“Why Mac? Why couldn’t Kate do it. I mean there’s probably a chance we’ll have to… you know. And me and Kate are married and the Mac… I wanna do it with Kate!” he protested like a child.
“This is doing wonders for my self confidence” Mac said, indicating it at Kate, and getting a laugh from her and McGee.
“No, it isn’t you it’s me”
“Where have I heard that before?”
“Mac I… shut up” he said, before he said something else stupid. “I just figured it would be easier with Kate”
“Well, um…” McGee said, quickly, trying to think of a reason for Mac doing it with out telling Tony that Kate was pregnant. Kate and Mac both picked up on this, but it was Mac that reacted first.
“Well, I am more trained in…um… undercover work.”
“Hm, that’s true” Tony agreed.
“So it’s settled. Mac and Tony are undercover. Kate, you are on surveillance with the new probie and…”
“Wait, what new probie?” Tony asked, shocked.
“Oh, ah yeah. I never told you. Mac was added to the team at first because you were the best team and needed another agent.”
“I’m really feeling special today” Mac said sarcastically.
“Your team is still the best we have Tony, but there are only 3 of you. I am assigning a new agent to your team. Special agent Daniel Pullman. He arrives tomorrow. Tony, Mac, go down and Abby will give you details. Kate you can go if you want.” He said, sitting back down at his desk, the three of the leaving the room.
Chapter 18 by no1bean
Chapter 18

The next night Tony and Mac arrived at the hotel and were shown to their room. Tony tipped the guy and the door swung shut. "Hm, you like it?" Tony asked her, in a seductive voice.
"Mm, yeah" Mac said in the same tone.
"Really?"
"Yeah, and don't use that skirt chasing tone with me"
"You know you like it" he said cheekily.
"True" she said, moving very close to him.
"Hm, really?"
"Shut up and kiss me" she said, cutting the small talk. She kissed passionately and he returned the kiss. They moved over to the bed simultaneously, Tony releasing the clasp on Mac's dress and she undid his shirt.

15 minutes later Tony lay on top of her. "Think they bought it?" Mac asked with a whisper to the man on top of her,
"I think so"
"Well that's fairly obvious"
"For your information, that my knee"
"Whatever, you can get off me now" she said hopefully.
"Come on Mac, I have a reputation to protect"
"And so do I, but its pretty awkward with your wife listening, and me getting her voice through and earpiece when I'm supposed to be getting it on with her husband"
"That's why I took mine out"
"Yeah, I know, but we have to have some contact, but not as much as we just had."
"Don't worry Mac," came Kate's voice in her ear. "I slept with Chris last night to make up for it"
"Thats funny Kate"
"What I wanna know, is how you kept that Canadian accent up doing what we did"
"Hm, I am good at my job"
"I noticed. That's a nice tat by the way. The black rose on your pelvis bone"
"DiNozzo, look there again and I will gauge out you eyes" she said, rolling over so she was on top.
"You like it on top do you?" Tony asked with a laugh,
"Hm, wouldn't you like to know" she said, trailing off, as if realizing something.
"What?" he said as she brought her knee back and kneed him, causing his face to contort into a grimace of pain.
"That was defiantly not your knee" she said, kissing him again, hearing giggles through her earwig.

"You know what I could really go for?" Tony asked half an hour later.
"I dunno about you but I'm in the mood for a game of pool"
"Um, no" he said, confused at her randomness. "A back massage"
"Good idea" she said, he rolled over and she straddled his back.
"Uhh" he moaned in pleasure. "That feels so good"
"Hmm" she acknowledged.
"And to think my mother thought I was too good for you" he said, then regretted it when she squeezed her fingers into his pressure point, making him groan in pain. Now it was she that was having fun. A knock came on the door and Mac got up to answer it. A man dressed as a waiter entered with a cart.
"Complements of the hotel management" he said, wheeling it in.
"You can put it over there please" she said
"Very good ma'am" he said, wheeling it over to where she indicated. "Just checking that everything is in order" he said as he swept the rooms for bugs, it was clean apart from one. "Please accept this arrangement of cheeses, complements of hotel management" he said, placing the lid over the bug. "Should be ok if we whisper" he told them. He took flowers off the trolley and placed them on the sideboard, then he moved over to Tony and whispered something. "The boss wants to talk to you" Tony walked over to the plant, where Mac was already standing, and put his earwig back in.
"Hey boss"
"We're looking at you Tony. All of you" he said, and Tony quickly covered up.
"Nothing I haven't seen before" Kate added, just as the phone rang,
"You answer it Mac" McGee told her, and she did. A couple of minutes later, so appeared back into view of the agents in MTAC.
"That was the concierge. We were able to get into the dinning room after all" she said, clinking champagne glasses with him.
End Notes:
as you can see most of this is taken from the actual undercovers, but what the hell
Chapter 19 by no1bean
Chapter 19

The dinning room was quiet. There were a few other couples there, but the band had just taken a break, a near silence cutting through the room. Mac and Tony's table was near the centre, they were in plain view of everyone. The waiter brought over their main courses. Mac thanked him then turned back to the table. Tony picked up his cutlery, but caught the weird look Mac was giving him. "I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy" he told her, and she nodded it off.
"Tony, the calluses on Mr. Saint-Pierre's hands suggests he was left handed" Ducky told him through the earpiece, and Tony struggled to change them over. This got a laugh from Mac. She picked up her glass and took a drink of wine.
"I thought you didn't drink"
"I don't, but my dad said her liver showed signs of heavy drinking, so I play the part"
"That a perk for you?"
"Hm, not the only one" she joked, throwing him a wink. Their conversation was interrupted by the buzzing of Mac's phone. She held it up to Tony's camera in his glasses so Abby could get the number, then answered.
"When do you wanna meet?" a deep voice came through the loudspeaker.
"I dunno, I'm free all night" she replied, accent still as perfect.
"The back of the restaurant, 5 minutes. No one must see you leave or enter. Your husband only, you come you die"
"Is that really…" she began, but he had already hung up. "Wow Gibbs, I never knew you had a brother" she said to no one, but still getting a laugh form Tony.
"Mac, probably a trap"
"Yeah, I know. How the hell are we supposed to go unnoticed?" she asked, running situations through her head.
"Distraction?"
"Aye no shit, but what?"
"I say you flash them"
"Of course that would come into your head first" she said, still trying to come up with something.
"I wouldn't mind that" McGee's voice came through the earpiece.
"Director, do you not remember our little conversation in the lab?"
"Yeah, scratch that idea" Mac seemed to have a look of confusion on her face.
"You got something?" Tony asked.
"Um, maybe" she said nervously.
"What's wrong?" he asked concerned.
"Well, it'll only work if I lose all coms, you can keeps yours."
"Sounds ok to me" Tony told her.
"I don't like it Mac." McGee told her
"Hard man to please. Which is different from what Abby told me"
"Ok, go ahead" he said, giving in.
"Probie! You give in too easy" Tony told him
"I don't mean to. She kinda has a command"
"Aw, you love me really McGee" she said, surveying the restaurant.
"So you gonna do this plan Mac?" Tony asked impatiently.
"Yeah, give me a sec. when I get up there and attention is gone from the rest of the room, you go."
"Wait, get up where?"
"Hopefully you wont see" she said, downing the rest of her wine, for once showing her nerves.
"What's got you so nervous?"
"Hm, maybe knowing how stupid my plan is"
"It'll probably work"
"That's what I'm afraid of"
"What? Mac you're not making any sense"
"Do I ever?"
"Well, with your 170 IQ, not to us simpletons. But mostly I actually have an idea of what you are saying"
"Well, McGee, turn off coms"
"Mac I…"
"Do it!" she said, agitated. He did and she stood up, moving towards the front of the restaurant. Tony saw heads turn as she walked past, so he got up and headed towards the room at the back of the restaurant. Mac saw him enter and she sat down at the piano. "Hm, maybe I should have flashed them." She said to herself, letting out a deep breath. "Here goes" she said, placing her hands on the keys and starting to play. The introduction finished and she opened her mouth, dreading every single moment.

The sun whose rays are all ablaze
With ever lasting glory
Does not deny his majesty
But stands in fire before me.
He wont be coy, a blushing boy
Complete with childish whining
But fierce and bold in fiery gold
He glorifies his shining


Tony entered the back room, the music ringing in his head. He thought the band had come back, but he remembered no females were in it. He suddenly realized why Mac was so nervous. She shouldn't have been, she had a lovely voice. He sort of wished he could be there watching, but knew he had a more important job to do.

I mean to rule the earth, as he the sky
We really know our worth
The Sun and I
I mean to rule the earth as he the sky
We really know our worth
The sun and I


Mac concentrated on getting the piano right as well as the singing. She knew she had nothing to worry about, she could sing. She used to as a kid and people always encouraged her, but this was one of the areas she was nervous in, one of the very few. She stole a quick glance over to the door Tony had entered and hoped he was ok. She would rather be in there with him any day. She turned her attention back to the task at hand and carried on, still nervous as ever.

Observe the flame you icy dame
The moon's celestial highness
There's not a trace upon her face of diffidence
Or shyness.
She borrows light through the night
Man-kind may all acclaim her
And truth to tell she lights up well
So I for one don't blame her


The audience watched her closely. They assumed she was part of the band, and was impressed. She had a beautiful voice, and her piano skills were also great. This was what the women were interested in. The men however, were more interested in the woman herself. She was very beautiful; her dark hair flowed down the back and even from a distance they could see the lovely eyes. When she had walked up her black dress moved with her body. Even the females in the audience were impressed by her looks. The woman seemed not to notice them, she obviously had something else on her mind.

Pray make no mistake
We are not shy
We're very wide awake
The Sun and I
Pray, make no mistake we are not shy.
We're very wide awake
The sun and I


Mac felt the pressure ease up as she neared the end of the song. Perfectly timed, Tony exited the room and sat back down at the table. The sight of him made her tense again, knowing that everyone in MTAC could hear and see her.

The moon,
The sun,
And I


The song finished and Mac wanted to run, but professionally she slowly finished, then she gracefully left the piano and joined Tony at the table. "What did he want?" she asked interested.
"Nothing, just where we are making the deal."
"You see them?"
"No, in darkness the whole time"
"Crap. You sure that's all?"
"No"
"Then what?"
"Up there, you were one Hot Mikado" he said, taking a drink. Mac was able to let out a laugh before switching back to think about their next move.
End Notes:
sorry about the song lyrics. i was writing form listening to the song and couldn't make out the words. so some are wrong i couldn't find the lyrics anywhere online. that is why. sorry again
Chapter 20 by no1bean
Chapter 20

Mac and Tony entered the hotel room again after dinner. They had been ordered to repeat the same schedule as the previous night. Tony spun Mac around then undid her dress, it falling to the floor. She removed his jacket and the ripped his shirt off, still while kissing him, then he pulled her over to the bed. He gently threw her down the fell on top of her.

"97. 98. 99" Mac said between groans. Tony was doing push ups on top of her, and she must say, it looked very convincing.
"Shit Mac, I'm really tired."
"Fine Tony, you want me to take over?"
"What do you mean?" he didn't get an answer to that in words. She shoved him off and rolled onto him, so she was on top. Then after a couple of seconds she started doing push ups.
"That is what I mean"

Mac stood in her own bedroom, back to the door. She saw the man enter, but did nothing. "Hello Sarah" he said, and she smiled as he pulled a gun. She turned around and put her arms up, back to the man. He shot and the round hit her in the neck, but she didn't fall. Then suddenly she was in a bank. There were people all around screaming. Mac fell backwards as a man wearing red contact lenses emptied 3 rounds into her head. She fell back, blood streaming from the wounds. The man with the red eyes laughed as he stood over her lifeless body.

"Mac!" Tony said, bolting upright.
"What's wrong?!" she said, sitting up just as fast, gun drawn.
"Um, nothing. Bad dream" he said, rubbing his eyes.
"Well, you said my name. And you were dreaming, you're starting to creep me out DiNozzo"
"The name is Alexandre, Celine"
"Alexandre" she said correcting herself. She turned back round, replaced the gun under her pillow and tried to get back to sleep.

"Right, Pullman, give them their wakeup call" McGee told the probie the next morning as he climbed the stairs to his office.
"Right away sir." He said. He was happy to get such a big case on his first few days. He had only met the director and Special Agent DiNozzo so far. Well, he had obviously net Dr. Mallard. Damn, he had asked to be called Ducky. He had met Ducky and Abby. He had still to meet the other Agent DiNozzo and Agent Sciuto. He had also been told about Gerald, the ME assistant who was currently in a coma. He thought that was a shame, but didn't really know how to react when he was told. "Agent DiNozzo?" he said into the mic. "Um, agent DiNozzo?" he said, confused. Tony groaned and yanked the earpiece out. "Great, they're staying in a five star hotel and I'm a waiter" he said to himself.
"Wanna trade places Pullman?" came a female voice through his earpiece.
"You're awake"
"Since 05. He snores"
"Will you please wake him up?"
"My pleasure" she said with a smile, walking over to the bed. "Alexandre, réveille toi chérie, il est l'heure d'aller au travail." She said, pouring water over his head.
"I'm in position boss!" he said, leaping from his lying position into standing one.
"Creepy" she said, leaving him standing embarrassed on the bed.

A couple of hours later they both sat on the couch, TV playing in the background. Mac, in all her professionalism was still supporting the Canadian accent, which impressed all the others. Her phone rang and she moved to the other room as she flicked it open.
"Saint-Pierre" she answered.
"Mac, it's Abby"
"Hi"
"I got some news for you."
"Hit me"
"Celine Saint-Pierre was knocked up"

"Wow, maybe Kate should have come instead" she said, entering the room again.
"What?" he said, curious.
"Um, nothing."
"Who was that?"
"Doctor"
"Doctor who?" and with this she laughed, and he realized what he had said. "Well what did he want?"
"She"
"Whatever"
"I'm pregnant"
"What?"
"Yeah, that's right, you're gonna be a father"
Chapter 21 by no1bean
Chapter 21

"5 o'clock. Lets roll" Tony said as he and Mac exited the room and walked towards the elevator. They had another date in the dining room, at which they would get their target or arrangement place, depending on what they were hired for. Tony walked just behind Mac, trying not to step on her dress. The black material fell nearly to the floor and the dress moved with the contours of her body. Tony felt a little under dressed in his black suit, no tie. But who wouldn't? They stepped onto the elevator to find only one waiter already on. Tony nodded acknowledgement to him before he and Mac stood facing the doors.

"KATE!" Abby yelled, running into the bullpen.
"What is it?" she said, jumping up from her desk worried,
"The waiter has a warrant out on him"
"For what Abs?"
"Murder" she practically screamed. Kate and the probie grabbed up their weapons and ran to the elevator.

The elevator stopped on the third floor and they waited for the waiter to exit. When he didn't things got a little suspicious. Mac spun round only to see the muzzle of a gun pointed at her, while Tony was having the same problem with the pair who just appeared at the elevator doors. "Mr. and Mrs. Saint-Pierre, come with me"
"We would have come to the third floor ourselves, 3 armed escorts is a bit excessive" Mac told them.
"Very good. Our number and position. Too bad you're friends can't hear you. You're being jammed" he told them, and Mac spotted the transmitter in the man's hand. "Bring them. If they resist… shoot the woman." He said as they were led to a room. Mac and Tony were shoved into chairs and tied up as the 3 others paced and toyed with their guns.
"You know this isn't really punishment for him. He takes pleasure in being tied up." Mac told them, which earned Tony a punch in the face. "Take it you don't" she said, getting him hit again.
"Where is your disk Mrs. Saint-Pierre?"
"What makes you think I have a disk?" she said and heard the blond man hit Tony again. The main guy, he was tall with dark hair, pulled out a knife from a case.
"Did you know that the Peruvians made blades so sharp, that some can't even feel the initial incision?"
"I did actually" she told him, and yet again Tony was punched, Mac wincing a little this time. The dark haired man hovered the knife just above Mac's throat.
"I'll ask again, where is the disk?" Mac didn't answer this time. "I'll give you two a minute to discuss this" he said, three of them leaving the room with Mac and Tony still tied up. The minute they had gone Tony and Mac turned so their heads were touching.
"I have a plan"
"Good news for once" Mac replied. "Well, let's hear it"
"You're gonna give them the disk"
"Slight problem. Oh yeah, we don't have it"
"I know. Tell them it's in our hotel room, you have to show them"
"Hm, good plan. One problem, When I leave they will put a bullet in your head"
"I never said it was perfect" he said as they re-entered the room.
"I will ask you one more time. Where is the disk?" he said slowly. Again, Mac didn't answer, just stared at him.
"It's in our hotel room" Tony told him.
"Where?"
"She has to show you" he said, despite Mac tightly griping his arm to stop him. "You'll never find it without her. Even if you kill us" The man debated believing them.
"Untie her" he commanded and he did so. He covered his gun with his jacket and pushed Mac in front of him. "You're only mistake was going for one last payout. You got greedy"
"I'm pregnant"
"How many months"
"Three" Tony told him.
"Morning sickness?"
"Only every damn day"
"I hated to see my wife go though it. But it's all worth it in the end"
"So you'll let us go?"
"We're assassins. You know no-one leaves this business. Hell, don't you think I'd rather be at my daughter's birthday party than here?"
"So you are gonna kill us"
"I haven't decided yet"
"Take your time" Mac told him.
"Move!" he told her, but got ahead, his gun passed Mac's body and she took the chance. She grabbed his arm and twisted it back so she had control of the gun. She spun him around and shot the blond man twice in the head, then she hit the guys she had control of over the head with the butt of the gun, knocking him unconscious. She pulled cuffs form Tony's jacket and rolled him onto his back before, painfully for him, slapping the cuffs on. Then she went and untied Tony exactly when Kate burst in the door, probie at her heels.
"Honey are you ok?" she said, rushing over to Tony.
"Yeah, I'm fine" he said, grabbing Mac's hand and dragging her to the door. "Watch him Kate, we gotta get the waiter" he said as both of them ran out.
Chapter 22 by no1bean
Chapter 22

Kate and Pullman stood confused in the room. The dark haired man started to regain consciousness. Pullman was looking at the dead man. It was his first body in the field. Kate however moved over to the other man. His eyes fluttered and his breathing stabilized. Kate knelt by his side. "You touch my husband, you feel the wrath to two women in his life" she told him, smacking him across the head with her own gun. "Bastard" she muttered, calling Ducky.
"Autopsy" he answered.
"Hey Ducky, it's Kate"
"Hello Caitlin. What can I do for you today?"
"There is a body at the Winchester Hotel in Virginia"
"I'll be there as soon as I can" he said and the both hung up.

Tony and Mac ran to the outside of the hotel as fast as they could. Mac had abandoned her shoes; she said it was difficult to run. They exploded through the door, but stopped in search of their target. They couldn't see him anywhere. "Shit!" Tony said, giving up.
"No, look Tony there!" she said, running across the street. He looked in the direction that her finger had pointed and saw a post office, a man in a waiter's uniform coming out of it. When he got half way across the road, Mac was already coming up on him. Tony caught up with her, grabbing her arm, just as she was about to jump on him. "What!" she hissed.
"We need to make an arrest, not a kill"
"I wasn't gonna kill him, just…"
"Just nothing" Tony interrupted her. We make a proper NCIS arrest, you got it?"
"I was gonna do that anyway" she told him as they entered the alleyway.
"He can't see us, he'll run, so inconspicuous"
"Well Duh" she said, and he threw her a dirty look.
"And that was pretty stupid, running a cross the road in the dark."
"Well sorry, I was worried about him getting away" she began arguing, but he wasn't listening.
"He's looking!" Tony hissed, pulling Mac in front of him, kissing her, the previous nights still on his mind. She kissed him back, sliding her hand into his jacket as he slid his hand up her leg. She got a hold on hat she was looking for and so did he. As if to signal ‘3,2,1' to him, she gave the kiss the big finish, spinning round.
"NCIS. Federal Agents!" she yelled, aiming Tony's sig as he aimed hers.
"Lie flat on the floor. NOW!" Tony ordered, and the man reluctantly did so. Tony rushed over ad cuffed him as Mac pulled out her phone.
"DiNozzo" Kate answered.
"It's Mac, we got him."
"Dead?"
"Not yet"
"Well Ducky is here for the other guy"
"Good. We'll see ya up there" she said, flipping it shut.

Back at NCIS Abby, Tony, Kate and Pullman were sitting in the bullpen. "Ok, how bout on a plane?" Abby asked
"Yeah" came 2 voices.
"Aww, poor probie, he hasn't"
"Hasn't what?" Mac asked, returning from autopsy.
"Had sex on a plane." Abby said cheerily.
"Well I know you have Abs, I walked in on you and McGee. Bad images"
"What are you implying?"
"That I don't like walking in on people have sex in an extremely small bathroom."
"Well, how about you Mac, done it on a plane?" Tony asked interested.
"Of course. Were you just curious or is it some sort of game?"
"We are building up to weird places"
"Ok" Mac said, sitting down at her desk, the rest sitting around Kate's.
"Um, how about a moving car?" Kate asked,
"Yes, I've done that!!" Pullman shouted, proud.
"Good for you probie, how bout you Abs?"
"Yup. Tony?"
"With Kate."
"Mac?"
"Ya"
"Cool, let's go weird now" Pullman said excited.
"Hm, well. How bout an autopsy drawer?" Abby asked
"Ewwwwwww" Kate exclaimed.
"Even I have to admit that's creepy" Tony said.
"You actually did that Abby?" Pullman said, kind of disgusted,
"No, I heard a rumor going round that someone did, I just wanted to know"
"It was me" Mac said, not really paying attention.
"Seriously?" Abby asked, actually quite proud.
"Yup. At least it wasn't occupied."
"With who?" she asked.
"Who do you think? Your brother!"
"Wow. That is awkward for Abby now" Pullman told her.
"Not really, he's my husband"
"Oh, well that is ok then" Pullman said, going quiet again.
"No, but seriously Mac, that's weirder than what any of us have done" Kate told her.
"Tell that to Forensic Specialist Coffin Sex over there"
End Notes:
followers of the dinozzo dossier will see that i stole a bit from jason. sorry!
Chapter 23 by no1bean
Chapter 23

Chris unlocked the door and shut it behind him and Matt. He hadn't seen Mac in 2 days, apparently she was on some kind of work thing, and he was only able to speak briefly on the phone. He and Matt had gone out for dinner in her absence, and they got back late. Traffic in the city could be a bitch. "Go put your pajamas on and brush your teeth, I'll be in to tuck you in soon" he said, kissing the half asleep boy on the forehead and sending him to his room. Chris shook his jacket off and hung it up, and then he tossed his keys onto the sideboard. He noticed a brown envelop lying on the floor by the door. It was well sealed, so he pulled out his knife. Good old rule 9. He opened it, turned it upside and shook. A DVD in a thin case fell out and he caught it. His name and address was on the front, so was a stamp, but there were no other markings. Chris placed it on top of the DVD player and went to tuck Matt in. he opened the door to find his son already in bed, although not asleep. Chris knelt down by the side of his bad and ticked him in.
"I love you dad"
"I love you too Matt. So does mummy, but she is busy at work. Should be home soon though. You will defiantly see her in the morning before kindergarten. Night" He said, walking towards the door and turning the light off. When he returned to the living room he placed the DVD in the machine and collapsed on the couch. It had been a long day at work. He had to tell a 15 year old that she had terminal cancer, and similar bad news to others. But he also had the joy of telling a young mother that her baby would be ok. He picked up the remote and pressed play.

"Tony!" Mac yelled across the bullpen, waking him up with a start. "Wow dude, you got some serious bedhead."
"Mac, shut up. You had sex in an autopsy drawer."
"Jealous?"
"Why would I be?"
"Hm, I dunno. Maybe the fact that I'm getting some?"
"How would you know that I… I mean I am too"
"Oh you liar!"
"I am not"
"You so are. I know. I know what pregnancy hormones are like it makes you…" she said, stopping and realizing what she had just done, and so had he.
"What do you mean pregnancy?" he said, kind of already knowing.
"Oh nothing"
"Mac. Is Kate pregnant?"
"How would I know?"
"You practically just told me, and when we were undercover, you said maybe Kate should have done it after all, then you said you had just been told that Celine Saint-Pierre was knocked up. Oh shit she is."
"Yeah, but I didn't tell you"
"Wow, that's a shock"
"Yeah, I know Tony, but you have to talk to her. I think she is here. Right, I'm gonna go before she shoots me. Good luck" she said, grabbing her jacket and weapon and running to the elevator. "See you tomorrow" she said as the doors slid shut in front of her.

Kate entered the squad room prepared to tell Tony anyway. She saw Mac leave and took a deep breath, preparing for a shocked husband. He spun round and saw her. He ran over and gave her a massive hug. "That is great news honey, I'm gonna be a dad again."
"I um…." She stuttered, confused at how he knew.
"I cant wait. Now you get some rest, you have a long few months ahead of you" he said, kissing her forehead. "Will see you soon, I have to stop nby the store on the way home. See you there" he said, kissing her properly this time. He followed Mac' suit and grabbed his stuff, entering the elevator, leaving Kate standing in the middle of the bull pen, speechless.
Chapter 24 by no1bean
Chapter 24

Tony caught up with Mac in the parking garage. "Hey, how'd it go?" she asked, pulling out her keys.
"Good, she was shocked at how I knew"
"So you didn't tell her it was me?"
"No"
"So I don't need the shotgun duck taped under my car?"
"You have a shotgun… never mind. I forgot it was you we were talking about"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well, people who have sex in autopsy drawers are usually weird."
"I'm never gonna live that down am I?"
"Nope"
"And I don't why it is such a big deal. I mean, no one got all weirded out when Palmer and Lee were doing it in autopsy and in the back of the van!"
"They what!?"
"Take it you didn't know then"
"Ya think?"
"Tony, you wanna know something?" Mac said, slowly walking over to him and placed her hand right over his shoulder so that her head was right at his ear.
"What?"
"My shotgun" she whispered, "It's a 12 gauge" she said, pulling back to her original stance.
"You know, that verges on sexual harassment"
"And what we did last night didn't?"
"Well, that's true. God, you're such a flirt"
"I am not!" she said, offended.
"Please, you flirt with any guy and he'll hop right into bed with you."
"Like I would. You on the other hand…"
"What? You think I'd be unfaithful"
"Of course not, but you'll fuck anything that moves. And some things that don't"
"You know what. At least I didn't have sex in an autopsy drawer" he said, jumping into his car and driving off as Mac did the same thing.

Mac entered her apartment and threw her keys on the sideboard beside Chris'. The apartment was dark so Mac figured that Chris had already gone to bed, so she was shocked to hear his voice come out of the darkness from the couch. "Where you been?"
"Work. Why are you still up?"
"Oh nothing, just debating a little package I got in the mail."
"Wow don't you feel special" she joked with him.
"I don't actually."
"Calm down Chris, I was joking. What's wrong?"
"Like you don't know"
"Why would I ask if I didn't know?"
"Well, kind of thing I'm curious about, you know, your life"
"Chris, what the hell is going on with you?"
"Why should I tell you, you don't seem to care about me at all."
"Chris…"
"You know what Sarah, I believed you about that whole mafia thing" she said, starting to raise his voice. ‘Shit' she thought. He called me Sarah, this was serious.
"Well you should, it was the truth"
"Oh bullshit!" he yelled, and then quieted down because Matt was asleep. "I know damn well what you were doing!"
"Well, elaborate please" she said, getting pissed off.
"You know what, I can't do this any more" he said, moving towards the door and putting his jacket on.
"Do what!"
"I want a divorce" he said sadly, leaving Mac standing in the dark.
End Notes:
hm, a short one here, but this is how i wanted to leave the chapter
Chapter 25 by no1bean
Chapter 25

"So, how did you know I was pregnant?" Kate asked as she and Tony sat on the couch.
"Ah, gut feeling"
"What? Are you Gibbs now?"
"I wish, no. just knew"
"Who told you?"
"Kate I just said…" he said, stopping because he saw the look on her face. "Mac kinda let it slip"
"I'm gonna kill her!"
"I wouldn't try, she has a shotgun taped under her car"
"Even if she didn't I wouldn't try. The woman is impossible to kill."
"You tried before"
"Yeah, don't remind me. But she didn't die, proving my point"
"Hm, true" Tony told her as Kate got up to answer the door, on which someone was knocking impatiently. She opened it to reveal Chris, looking pretty pale. "Chris, what's wrong?" she asked worried.
"Nothing" he said cheerily.
"How can I help you?"
"Um, I need to tell you both something"
"Ok, come in" she said, opening the door wide and welcoming him in.
"So what do you need to tell us?" Tony asked, standing up and moving towards him.
"Well, you in particular Tony"
"Really?" he said, ideas on what this was about running through his head.
"Yeah" Chris said, turning round and landing a punch right on Tony's face, making him stumble backwards. He hit him again and again until Tony was on the ground, Chris forcing all his weight on top of him. "You bastard...how could you…that's my damn wife!!" he said between punches, until Tony kicked him of and jumped into a defensive position.
"What the hell are you on about!" Tony yelled, wiping blood from his face.
"You know damn well what I am on about!" Chris yelled, coming at him again. Tony moved out of the way jump in time, and managed to handcuff him, difficultly.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kate said, joining Tony, who had just pushed Chris onto the couch.
"Me? It's your fucking husband that has the problem!"
"You know what, I don't want to deal with you now!" Tony yelled, picking up Kate's cuffs and locking one side round the other pair and the other side to the table so Chris couldn't move. "Hey Kate, call Mac…" Tony said, spinning round. But Kate already had the phone up at her ear.

Mac sat on the couch in the dark. What the hell had just happened? She had never seen Chris act like that before, ever. His last words ran through her head. "I want a divorce" how could he? She hadn't done anything intentionally. She ran the last week through her head with no help. DIVORCE! She couldn't believe it. She was perceptive but this was out of the blue. The phone broke her train of though, but she didn't pick up. The machine picked up and Mac heard Kate's voice, kind of angry. "Mac! I know you are there pick up." There was a pause. "Fine then. Don't pick up, but get your ass over here, we need your help" she said and the line went dead. Mac decided to help. It was in her nature. She grabbed her keys and headed next door. She knocked impatiently and waited for her neighbour to answer. She did, wearing a pink nightdress.
"What do you want Sarah?" she said groggily.
"Sorry to disturb you Mrs. Kleinfeld." She told the older woman.
"What is it, it's the middle of the night"
"Could you possibly watch Matt for an hour, he is asleep. Help yourself to food or drink or anything, but I really have to go."
"I was sleeping, you're gonna have to do better."
"Um…I'll arrest your ex-husband"
"Sold" she said, swinging the door behind her and entering Mac's apartment while Mac entered the elevator.

Mac didn't bother knocking, she walked right in to the DiNozzo household and was shocked to see what she did. Chris was handcuffed on the floor, Kate and Tony standing to the side, and they were staring at her. "What the hell is going on here!" she yelled, nearly slamming the door, but remembering the twins were sleeping.
"Ask him, he wont tell us."
"Well, I think the only one who doesn't know is Kate"
"What the hell is with all the cryptic crap?" Mac said, getting pissed again. He didn't answer. "Let him go" she told Tony.
"What? Why?"
"He's obviously pissed, he can bugger off if he wants a divorce" she hissed.
"Divorce?" Tony said, has voice dropping.
"Why?"
"Well, I dunno. He wont tell me!" she said, directing the last part at him as Kate undid the handcuffs. He stood up, rubbing his wrists.
"You wanna know why I'm pissed?" she said quietly.
"Might help" she said, just as pissed.
"Here!" he said, taking a disk from his jacket pocket and throwing it at Tony. It bounced off his chest and fell onto the floor. Tony knelt down and picked it up, pulling it out of the plastic sleeve. He placed it in the drawer of the DVD player and pressed play. A dark image appeared on the screen and came into focus. It showed a ma and a woman.
"Why are you so pissed over some sex ta…" she began until she recognized it. She saw her own hair falling off her shoulder as she rolled over, revealing a stickman tattoo. "Ben Kalba!" she swore, now understanding why Chris did what he did. And so did Tony when he she his own face kissing Mac's neck.
Chapter 26 by no1bean
Chapter 26

"Hm, now I understand. He doesn't though" Mac said, turning it off.
"Yeah well. Now you understand. I'm outta here" he said, storming to the door.
"No" Tony said, slamming his fist onto the wall, his arm barring Chris' path. "I will not let you throw away something this great because of a misunderstanding." he hissed so only Chris could hear.
"What fucking misunderstanding?" he said back.
"I did not sleep with you wife" he stated.
"That's not what it fucking looks like."
"I know, we were undercover"
"Bullshit. That is sex. I know what it looks like. I've done a lot of it"
"Well then you know that Mac would never cheat on you"
"Why should I listen to you? You're the one that fucked her,"
"Dude, will you please stop saying fuck, the kids are right next door."
"Chris seriously, why would I have sex with Tony? No offence"
"None taken. Why would I sleep with you?"
"No idea"
"Stop it!" Chris yelled. "How can you act like that after what you did? I can't believe you can even look me in the eye"
"Why shouldn't I? I wasn't unfaithful"
"Liar!"
"She's not. I was there Chris, it was a mission. Well I wasn't actually there-there, I was in MTAC."
"See"
"But how…" he said, confused.
"We had to go undercover as arms dealers/assassins, we were gonna get Kate to do it, but she um…didn't feel up to it" she said, not sure if Kate wanted Chris told about her pregnancy.
"We had to play married. And you know what married couples do in hotels from personal experience" Mac told him. "Chris, I love you. You know I wouldn't that."
"I love you too" he said, finally. He moved towards her and kissed her passionately. She returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as he ran his through her hair. This went on for several minutes with Tony and Kate standing awkwardly in the background. Chris lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, still pressing her lips against his.
"Uh, guys." Tony chimed in nervously. "I know you are happy this is all sorted out, might you might wanna dial down the tongue, there are children in the house" he told them and Chris put Mac down, but still kept her in his arms.
"Sorry" she apologized. "Well, we'll leave you to it" she said, heading towards the door. "Thanks again" she said, turning round before leaving.
"Um, sorry man. You better put some ice on that" Chris said before following Mac out. Kate got some out the freezer and gave a little laugh as she pressed it on his head.

When Tony got into work the next morning the whole team was already there, including Kate. Kate and Mac burst into fits of laughter when they saw Tony's unsuccessful attempt to cover up his bruises with his sunglasses. "Hey! It's not funny!"
"Oh yeah it is. God Tony, you look terrible" Mac told him
"Thanks a lot. You know this is all your fault"
"My fault! If I beat you up, you wouldn't be able to walk"
"Well I know that, but, technically you caused it."
"No I didn't!"
"Inadvertently"
"You are just as responsible, you know. It takes two to do what we were accused off"
"Well actually…"
"Do not say it DiNozzo!"
"Sorry, we good?"
"Emotionally yeah, your face, no"
"Well, blame your husband"
"Would you have not done the same thing if you thought he was sleeping with Kate?"
"Hm, yeah. Well, I guess I can forgive him"
"Good, then we are all fine?"
"Yup"
"Good, then let's get back to work"
"No case, paperwork"
"Damn it! Can we go back to fighting please?"

An hour later, they had gotten through most of the paperwork, surprisingly. Kate was sitting on Tony's knee, Mac and Pullman were both sitting with their feet crossed on their own desks. "Probie, feet of the desk"
"What! Agent Sciuto gets to!"
"Well there is a difference"
"Which is?" he asked, upset that he was being treated differently.
"I'm scared of her, not you"
"Muah ha ha ha" came her voice. She looked asleep because of her position and the inability to see her eyes from behind Tony's shades, which she had hijacked earlier.
"Nice"
"Thanks" at that moment Tony's phone rang.
"DiNozzo" he answered. "Yeah, right got it" he said, hanging up. "That was dispatch; we got a dead marine in Annandale, Virginia. Pullman, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to him.
"Mac, call your dad"
"You got it." She said. A minute later they were all in the elevator.
"Ah, good old times" Tony said as the doors slid shut in front of all of them.

The End

there will be another sequel to this. It should be up soon
Rach
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6291