An Unwelcome Ex by Roisin
Summary:
Categories: DiNozzo/Abby Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, Humor
Pairing: DiNozzo/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 6507 Read: 36617 Published: 03/14/2007 Updated: 04/30/2007

1. An Unwelcome Ex by Roisin

2. Chapter 2 by Roisin

3. Chapter 3 by Roisin

4. Chapter 4 by Roisin

5. Chapter 5 by Roisin

6. Chapter 6 by Roisin

7. Chapter 7 by Roisin

8. Chapter 8 by Roisin

9. Chatper 9 by Roisin

10. Chapter 10 by Roisin

An Unwelcome Ex by Roisin
“No! You can’t hire her!” Tony complained, slamming his hands on Gibbs’ desk.
“Why not? We’ve been understaffed since Ziva left to go back to Israel. And besides…from what I hear, Sally is a damn good agent.” Gibbs said.
“She’s my ex.” Gibbs rolls his eyes. “Long story short, we had a great relationship, then a *very* bad break-up.”
“Oh come on DiNozzo! Look at your dating record! Chances were that we would end up hiring one of your ex’s eventually.”
“Do you want to know why we broke up?”
“Not really.” Gibbs said, not at all interested.
“I killed her brother.”
“You what!?” Gibbs sat up straight.
“It was way back in Baltimore, he was head of a drug smuggling gang. My team busted them, they fought back and I ended up shooting her brother.”
“She won’t hold that against you.”
“Once again your knowledge of women excels brilliance boss. Of course she’ll still hold it against me. That’s why we broke up, we were due to be married!”
“*You* were due to be married DiNozzo? I didn’t figure you for the type, until you proposed to Abby of course.”
“I was the type, back then. The break up got to me and I decided I never wanted to be that committed again, that’s why I dated all those different women. I was too afrait to commit.”
Gibbs’ phone rang. He had a text.
“As much as I am loving this heart-to-heart DiNozzo. We have a case, I’ll call McGee.”
Tony went back over to his desk and grabbed his badge and gun. He blew a kiss to a picture of Abby, which was lying on his desk and followed Gibbs to the elevator.

They arrived at the scene where Ducky and Palmer were already examining the body. Ducky looked up as he saw Gibbs, Tony and McGee arriving.
“Ah…Anthony, how are the wedding plans going?” He asked Tony.
“Let’s just say eventfully. I barely managed to talk Abby out of having bouquets of black and red roses dotted with plastic skulls on stalks.” Tony replied, laughing.
“Oh Abigail…” Ducky chuckled to himself “I don’t know how you cope Anthony.”
“I don’t think the phrase ‘love conquers all’ has ever been so appropriate.”
“I still can’t believe you’re marrying Abby.” McGee said.
“There there Probie. You had your chance.” Tony patted him on the back. “I’m sure someone else will come along just longing for a geek like you.”
“This is one of those times where I don’t actually know if you’re being serious and nice, or if you’re just making fun of me again.” McGee complained.
“Meh…bit of both.” Tony shrugged.
“Anyway boys, enough chit chat. Ducky, what’ve you got for me?” Gibbs said, coming up behind Tony and McGee.
“Well, TOD was approximately 12 hours ago and due to the fact that she was found in the swimming pool, and the absence of any other easily visible injuries, I’d guess it was a simple drowning.”
“There’s nothing simple about the death of a marine Ducky.”
“Ah-yes…well, I’ll know more when I get her on my table.”
“Okay. McGee; photos, DiNozzo; measurements and sketches and…I’ve just run out of agents. When you’ve finished those tasks you can gather any relevant evidence.”
“On it boss.” McGee and Tony replied and went off to start doing their jobs.
“I thought you were hiring a new agent.” Ducky said.
“I am…she starts tomorrow.” Gibbs replied. “Her name is Sally Collins.”
“I’m sure she’ll be a nice addition to the team.”
“Tony doesn’t seem to think so…”
“Let me guess…ex girlfriend, bad break up, she still holds a grudge against him?”
“How did you know?”
“We were bound to hire one of his ex’s eventually, he’s had so many.”
“That’s exactly what I said.” Gibbs laughed, “and anyway, if their past gets in the way I’ll just fire DiNozzo. There is no way I’m giving up Collins, she’s hard working, enthusiastic, very observant and doesn’t stop until she gets what she wants.”
“Are my ears burning?” A cheery female voice says.
Gibbs and Ducky turn around and see a tall slim and very pretty woman coming towards them wearing an NCIS bullet vest and cap.
“Sally, I thought you were starting tomorrow.” Gibbs said, greeting the new arrival.
“Yeah, I was…but I moved into my new place a couple of days early and I kinda got bored after unpacking so I came into the office. You guys weren’t there and Jenny told me I could find you here.” She explained at a pace that could rival Abby’s.
“Okay…” Gibbs said, trying to let it all in.
“So what can I do to help?” Sally asked eagerly.
“Um…bag and tag her clothing from the changing rooms and anything else you find suspicious.”
Sally walks to the changing rooms smiling.
“Well…” Ducky said in awe at her enthusiasm.
“Yeah.” Gibbs replied.

They arrived back at headquarters. Tony had managed to avoid speaking to Sally and hadn’t let her fully see his face. Sally was told to take the evidence to Abby and, as she left, Tony breathed a sigh of relief.

As Sally entered the lab Abby was listening to music with her headphones on. She had her back to the door so she didn’t notice Sally coming in. Sally tried coughing loudly to get her attention, no result, so she tapped Abby gently on the shoulder. Abby turned round quickly, taking off her headphones.
“Hey Gibbs, what’ve you got-“ Abby started. “You’re not Gibbs.”
“No, I don’t think I am.” Sally laughed. “I’m the new girl”
Sally extended her hand. Abby shook it.
“Oh…great to meet you, I’m Abby, Abby Sciuto. I thought you were starting tomorrow.”
“I’m Sally Collins and, yeah, I was supposed to start tomorrow but I moved into my new apartment early and I unpacked in, like, a day. I got too bored having nothing to do so I decided to come into work early.” Sally said at the speed of light.
“Wow, finally, someone who talks as fast as me.” Abby laughed. “So what’ve you got for me Sally.”
“A bunch of fingerprints, some clothes and a needle I found in a bin outside of the swimming pool.”
“Great, see ya later!”
Abby started sorting through the evidence as Sally left.
Suddenly Abby jerked her head up, eyes wide.
“Holy Shit!! Sally Collins!!” She said to herself as she realized who Sally was.
End Notes:
sorry i realized i had just posted the second chapter before the first. this chatper is now the first
Chapter 2 by Roisin
“Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs” Abby was shouting as she entered the squad room.
“you know…screaming another guys name over and over where your finance can hear you isn’t exactly one of your best idea’s Abby.” Tony laughed.
Abby stopped as she passed his desk, leaned over his computer and gave him a quick kiss and then slapped him on the back of the head before resuming her search.
“Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs!!” she shouted, “Is anybody going to tell me where Gibbs is?!”
“He’s at the head.” Sally said.
Abby Glared at Sally for a second then began speed walking to find Gibbs.
“You can’t go in there! Guys only!” Sally shouted after her. When she realized Abby couldn’t hear her she turned to face McGee. “Is she just going to wait outside or is she actually going in?”
“Oh she’s going in…” McGee stated.

“Abby entered the men’s toilet. A couple of guys turned their heads but realizing it was just Abby again they resumed washing their hands etc. A few of the younger probies were frightened at the sight of Abby and got out of there as quickly as possible.
“Abby…what have I told you about coming in here and scaring the probies?” Gibbs said, drying his hands.
“Well, they should just warn people about me in the training courses. It’s not my fault I’m scary.” Abby joked.
“Abby…” Gibbs said sternly.
“Okay, okay. I won’t do it again, but I really need to talk to you.”
“Alright. Everybody out!” Gibbs yelled. He was concerned for Abby.
“What! I’m still-” a couple of the guys complained.
“Now!!” Gibbs shouted, pointing towards the exit.
Everybody left. It was now just Gibbs and Abby.
“Okay…what did you want to talk to me about?” Gibbs had calmed down.
“That new girl, Sally. I don’t want her working here.”
“If it’s just because of her past with Tony then-”
“Her past with Tony? I was talking about her past with me.” Abby interrupted.
“Her- um- past with you?- um- you- um-and her?”
“Actually no, I’ve never met the girl before. But your face…! Anyway, yes it is because of her past with Tony. I’m just not comfortable with them working together.”
“Abs…he’s marrying you. And besides, she won’t want him back after-”
“I know why they broke up Gibbs…but I have a bad feeling about her, she seems like the man-eater type…and they were going to be married, she must have had some major feelings for him.”
“Abby, don’t worry about it. Nothing is going to happen between them. And if anything does…you know I won’t hesitate to kick both their asses.”
“Thanks Gibbs. I knew I could depend on my Papa Smurf.” Abby hugs him.
“I thought I was your Silver Haired Fox.” Said Gibbs.
Abby started laughing.
“Well-um- you are, but today you- well you’re a bit on the blue side.” Abby giggled.
Gibbs looked in the mirror. His entire face was blue. Someone must have coloured him in while he was sleeping at his desk this morning, a joke usually reserved for the probies.
“When I find out who did this…” Gibbs threatened.
“You’ll give them a big Gibbsybear hug?” Abby said, innocently.
“Abby…did you do this?” Gibbs was less angry now.
“Um- yes…and don’t worry you didn’t go out like that. I was bored earlier so I put blue dye in the liquid soap. It’s slow reacting so it doesn’t appear blue straight away. Half the guys here will have blue hands and faces.” Abby laughed.
“Genius…” Gibbs said sarcastically, while trying to wash the dye off.
“Isn’t it just.” Abby giggled. “Took me half an hour to figure out how to do it.”
“You know Abs…if you put as much time and effort into your work as you do with your pranks we would have every case solved before it was even called in.”
“Hey! You’re the one who said I was the best forensic scientist in the agency. I put lots of time and effort into my work.” Abby said in mock hurt.
“What are you doing right now?”
“Talking to…ooohhh!” Abby said as she realized what Gibbs was getting at. “Later Gibbs!!” she yelled leaving the men’s room, leaving Gibbs chuckling to himself and shaking his head.
End Notes:
this is what i accidentally posted as chapter 1 earlier. it is supposed to be chatper 2. if u go back you will be able to read the proper chapter 1 adn get a couple of things explained a bit more clearly
Chapter 3 by Roisin
Okay it took a bit longer than expected coz i had to get my tea but here it is...Chapter 3


It was a few days later. They’d solved the case, it had been, as Ducky put it, a simple drowning. She had been swimming lengths, banged her head and been knocked unconscious. She had been swimming after hours so it had simply been too late by the time anybody had found her. Angela Neilson had died an unfortunate death but there had been no crime. The needle that Sally had found in the bin outside was completely unrelated to the case, just thrown in the bin by a passing heroin junkie.



They had been working together for about five days now and Tony had given up avoiding Sally two days ago. He decided he’d have to face up to it sooner or later, so why not sooner, but she still hadn’t said a word to him. It was beginning to bother Tony. Did she not even remember him? Did she not care? Or was she simply ignoring him?

“I’ve gotten over the fact that she’s your ex. Why can’t you? Just get over it and work together, the least you can do is stop avoiding her.” Abby said as she sat on Tony’s lap in the squad room.

“I gave up avoiding her two days ago.” Tony said, playing with Abby’s hair. “She hasn’t talked to me or even so much as looked at me.”

“So talk to her.”

“It’s not as simple as that, and besides, if I’ve got to stop avoiding her shouldn’t you at least start treating her nicely?”

“I treat her nicely.”

“I wouldn’t call putting pepper in her coffee and super glue on her chair nice. Though you should have seen Probies face when she stood up. It’s as if he’d never seen women’s underwear before.”

Abby slapped Tony on the back of the head.

“Be nice to McGee and I’ll be nice to Sally.”

“You’re on.” Tony saw McGee enter and shouted, “Hey McGee, will you be one of my groomsmen?”

McGee was stunned. Are you serious?”

“Of course I am…so will you?”

“Okay.”

“Great! Now go away so Abby and I can have some peace.”

McGee leaves, still stunned.

“Wow. You’d think I’d never been nice before.” Tony laughed.

“I don’t have to be that nice do I?” Abby groans, leaning her head on Tony’s shoulder.

“Okay…maybe not that nice. But you do have to be nice.”

“Phew.” Abby laughed. “I can’t believe you asked McGee to be one of your groomsmen.”

“I was going to anyway…this just seemed like as good a time as any to ask. So how are you going to be nice to Sally?”

“Oh I’ve got a couple of Ideas.” Abby said mischievously.

“Abby…”

“Don’t worry. No smurf face or pepper coffee. I’m going to invite her to dinner.”

“Over for dinner? At our place?”

“Yes Tony…unless you would like to rent another house for the night just for dinner. What’s the problem?”

“She doesn’t know about us!”

“So…perfect way for her to find out.”

“Fine,” Tony said, realizing he would never convince her out of this idea now. “just make sure she doesn’t have her gun on her.”

Abby leans in to give Tony a kiss but leaps up as they both receive a slap on the back of the head.

“Lunch break over.” Said Gibbs, picking up his coffee, which he had placed on Tony’s desk especially so he could slap them both at once.

“Hey! I thought you didn’t slap me!!” Abby said.

“You’re going to be a DiNozzo soon, get used to it.”
Chapter 4 by Roisin
“Hey Sally! Abby wants to see you in her lab.” Gibbs said, laying down the phone.
“Why?”
“I don’t know, she just does!”
“Do I *have* to go?” Sally moaned, she was scared that Abby would play another practical joke on her.
“Yes!” Gibbs barked, “And don’t worry, I told her to stop with the pranks.”
“Like that’ll stop her…”Tony muttered.
“What was that?!”
“Nothing Boss!”
“Good!” Gibbs turned to Sally. “Collins! What the hell are you still doing here?”
Sally speed walks to the elevator and just before she gets in she looks pleadingly back at Gibbs who has already returned to his pile of paperwork.


“You- um- wanted to see me?” Sally said as she entered the lab nervously.
“Yeah…and don’t be scared. Gibbs made me stop with the pepper coffee and the superglue and stuff.”
“Great.” Sally breathed a sigh of relief. “So why did you want to see me?”
“Well we didn’t get off to a really good start and I was thinking, since we are the only two girls, unless you count McGee, on the team, we need to stick together. Fresh start?”
“Sure. Sounds good to me.” Sally said, “Was that all?”
“Actually no, in the spirit of being friends and all, I was wondering if you’d like to come over for dinner with me an my fiancé? You can bring a date if you like.”
“That’d be great. I’d love to. I’m kinda having trouble meeting guys though, I don’t get out much.”
“Don’t worry, you’ve only been in the city a week. So, dinner at my place on Saturday?”
“Saturday’s fine with me.” Sally said. “I’ll come round at about 7?”
“Sure…do you need directions?”
“yeah.”
“I thought you might. Here you go, I wrote them down earlier.” Abby handed Sally a bit of paper.
Suddenly Sally put the paper up to her nose and smelt it.
“It smells like gunpowder.” She said, confused.
“What? Like you’ve never sprayed perfume on a bit of paper before.”
“Um- perfume? Um- I better go.” Sally said, thinking to herself about how strange Abby is and hoping that her fiancé isn’t quite so odd.
Sally left the lab. Abby’s phone rang.
“Welcome to the temple of reluctant kindness, Abby speaking.” She answered it.
“I take it you asked her then?” Tony’s voice replied.
“Yes I did. You owe me big time for being that nice, I even told her she could bring a date if she wants.”
“I owe you big time huh? Got anything in mind?”
“Maybe…” Abby said mischievously.
“I like the sound of that maybe…what does this maybe involve exactly?”
“You, me, handcuffs and my coffin.”
“Your coffin? I thought you got rid of your coffin when you moved into my place.”
“Gibbs has a boat in his basement, we have a coffin and a load of crap.”
“Hey! My DVD collection is not a load of crap!”
“Do you *want* to get laid tonight Tony?”
“Sorry Abs, gotta go. New case. See ya later, love ya.”
“Love you too Tony.”
They both hung up.
Chapter 5 by Roisin
“Tony! Get out of the shower already! She’s here, sounds like she brought a date.” Abby shouted, hearing a knock at the door and a male and female voice from the other side.
Abby opens the door, she sees just Sally.
“Oh…I thought I heard two voices…didn’t you bring a date?”
“He’s just getting the wine from the car…” Sally answered.
“Oh right…well come in. My fiancé’s just in the shower…same place he’s been for the past half hour.” Abby laughed.
“Aren’t men just worse than women sometimes…I had a fiancé once, he took the longest showers known to human kind, I always ended up with just cold water.” Sally laughed with her.
Abby bit her bottom lip, smiling. She couldn’t wait till Sally found out they were both talking about the same guy.
“So what’s your date like?” Abby said, inviting Sally to sit down.
Sally sat on the sofa, next to Abby.
“Well…he’s cute, he’s really smart and he’s just so sweet. Actually you probably know him from work…”
“You brought Gibbs…!?”
“No! Do I look like a red head to you?” At the look of amusement on Abby’s face Sally added, “I may have only been in the city a week but I’m not stupid. I’ve noticed he only checks out redheads…weather girls, pretty girls in the street, the director…Anyway, I guess you don’t know Timothy…”
“Whoa! Timothy?!”
“Yeah, you know him?”
“A little more than know him.”
“You…and Timothy?”
“Actually we call him McGee…Timothy just sounds weird, and well yeah…a few times.”
“Whoa!” Sally said, beginning to get over the shock that McGee would sleep with someone as strange as Abby. “So is he any good?” She laughed.
“Sally…!” Abby was laughing too. She had almost forgotten how much she hated this woman.
Thy sat laughing for several minutes but suddenly Sally stopped as her attention was drawn to the other side of the room.
“Tony!!” she said, standing up, open-mouthed.
Tony was wearing nothing but a towel. He had come through to get his shirt off the radiator.
Tony stopped in his tracks; he was unaware as his towel dropped in his shock.
“I believe you know my fiancé.” Abby piped in, signalling to Tony that he should cover up.
Just then the door opened and McGee walked in. He stopped in his tracks at the sight that met him. Initially at the fact that it was Abby and Tony (Sally had told him they were having dinner with one of her friends and her fiancé) then at the un-towelled Tony.
Tony quickly picked up his towel and grabbed his shirt then ran to the bedroom.
There was an awkward silence while McGee remained stood still in the doorway.

Eventually they sat down to dinner. Tony and Abby sat across from Sally and McGee. Sally had a glaring look on her face alternating between glaring at Abby and Tony.
“So…I didn’t know you were friends with Abby…” McGee tried to make conversation.
“We’ll see…” Sally said aggressively, stabbing her steak savagely with her fork.
There is silence for a few minutes.
McGee was confused, he wasn’t sure why Sally was behaving so strangely, but he knew it had something to do with Tony and Abby. You didn’t have to be a trained investigator to figure *that* out.
There was another awkward silence, Abby wanted to say something, she just wasn’t sure what she could possibly say at a moment like this.
Tony couldn’t take the silence any more.
“So, Sally…how are you liking the city so far?” he said, not making eye contact.
Suddenly Sally decided something. She momentarily replaced the homicidal look in her eyes with a slight scheming look before smiling sweetly.
“Oh, I’m really enjoying it. So many nice people here.” She flashed a small, not that obviously fake, smile at Abby.
If McGee was confused before then there just wasn’t a word to describe how strange he found Sally’s behaviour now.

Sally was nice and cheery throughout the rest of the mean. McGee remained clueless about Sally and Tony’s past because nobody mentioned it.
As Sally continued to laugh and have a good time, Tony and Abby kept throwing looks of confusion at each other.
Suddenly all thoughts of…well, anything…were lost as Sally lay down her cutlery, turned to McGee and started ‘eating’ his face. She had only had a small glass of wine, with her dinner, so this had to be a conscious action.
“Hm-hmm!” Abby coughed.
Sally released McGee, who now had lipstick all over his face and was wearing an expression of pure shock…and slight fear.
“Oh sorry…” Sally giggled, “Heat of the moment.” She threw a significant look at Tony.
Tony flashed back to his time with Sally. They had had a lot of ‘heat of the moment’ times. Usually going much further than Sally’s make-out wit McGee, and sometimes even in more public places.
Chapter 6 by Roisin
Sally and McGee left soon after dinner. They hadn’t talked much; Sally seemed deep in her own thoughts, planning something perhaps. McGee’s attempts at making a little conversation failed miserably.
“What the hell was that?!” Abby asked as she cleared the dishes from the table and gave them to Tony to do the washing up.
“I don’t know…maybe she’s over me.”
“Did you *see* her face when you came out of the bathroom?”
“Maybe it was coz I was just in a towel…”
“Tony…her shock was not at seeing you in ‘all your glory’.”
“It’s not like it’s anything she hasn’t seen before…”
“That’s my point! Any normal woman would’ve talked about your past, especially if it was to prove she was over you.”
“I really don’t get how women’s minds work.” Tony muttered.
“I don’t think she’s over you, I’m telling you; she’s planning something.” Abby ignored Tony’s comment. “I could tell, during dinner, when she was all mad and homicidal and she just suddenly started being all nice.”
“Maybe she just realized she was being unreasonable…”
“You so don’t get women!” Abby said, heading towards the bedroom to get changes as she finished clearing the table.
“That’s what I just said!” Tony shouted after her, dropping a plate in the water and ending up with soapy water all down his new shirt.

McGee was driving Sally home, still recovering from the kiss. No one has been that spontaneous with him before or since Abby, but that was just what Abby was like: unpredictable.
McGee shook all thoughts of Abby out of his head; he was over her now. He had to be over her, she was going to get married: to Tony!
“You okay?” Sally asked.
“Um…yeah.”
“Good. Hey, about before…where’d you learn to kiss like that?” Sally asked flirtatiously.
‘Learn to kiss like what?’ McGee thought, ‘I sat there while you hovered my face off.’
“Um…I…I don’t know.”
“Oh well, I guess its just natural talent.” Sally giggled.
There was a strange, slightly awkward silence between them until they reached Sally’s apartment.
As Sally went to get out of the car McGee leaned in to kiss her but she ignored him and proceeded to get out of the car. She only turned to say goodbye and blow a kiss to him when she reached her front step.
‘I really don’t get women…’ McGee thought to himself as he drove away.
End Notes:
warning...very short and unimportant chatper. its a link chatper, the best is yet to come.
Chapter 7 by Roisin
Sally spent most of her time at work on Monday perched on McGee’s desk flirting…but only when Tony was around. They still didn’t have a case so Gibbs had spent all day in autopsy talking to Ducky.
As Tony entered the elevator to go and visit Abby, Sally took of her fake flirtatious smile and returned to her own desk.
“Hey Sally, what’re you doing, we’re alone now…” McGee said, confused.
“I have a lot of work to do…” she replied vacantly.
“Of course, McGee still didn’t know about Tony and Sally’s past so he didn’t connect the dots that Sally only spoke to him when Tony was around.
“But Sally…honey…” McGee went over to her desk.
“Don’t call me that.”
“But you told me to…just a few minutes ago…”
“Doesn’t mean you get to call me that.”
McGee turned to walk away from her desk sadly. The elevator dinged and Sally pounced As she saw Tony was back from the lab.
She wrapped her legs around McGee’s waist and started kissing him like she had on Saturday night.
She released McGee, still with her legs around his waist and arms around his shoulders.
“Back so soon?” she asked Tony in a fake innocent voice.
“Um- yeah…me and Abby are going to lunch…I just came up to get my jacket.” Tony said, still not quite sure what to make of the sight before his eyes.
“Ooh…lunch time already? Time sure does fly when you’re having fun.” She giggled, stroking McGee’s cheek.
“Um…yeah…” Tony turned to leave.
“Hey! You don’t mind if we tag along do you?” Sally asked, jumping down from McGee.
‘of course I do you amnesiac freak!’ Tony thought, but just said “No, not at all. We’re going to that Italian place round the corner from my apartment, Gibbs said we could have a long lunch since we haven’t had any cases for a few days. We’ll meet you there, there’s only room for two on Abby’s new bike.”

Tony and Abby reached the resturaunt first.
“How many?” the waiter asked.
“Four please” Tony replied
“Four?” Abby looked at Tony as the waiter le them to their table.
“Yeah, McGee and Sally are coming.” Tony said. “You don’t mind do you?”
“Nope! This’ll eb a perfect opportunity to find out what the hell she’s up to.”
“What if she’s not up to anything?”
“Of course she’s up to something!”
“Seriosuly Abby, I don’t think she even remembers me…”
“Oh come on! How could she not remember her ex fiancé?”
“I don’t know…maybe she got amnesia or something.”
“She did not get amnesia!”
“Abby!!”
“Tony!!”
“Not interrupting anything are we?” Sally asked as she and McGee appeared at the table.
“No, not at all.” Abby said.
Sally and Mcgee sat down at the table and they ordered their food.
When they had finished ordering their food Sally excused herself to go to the toilet.
“Um, me too.” Abby got up to follow her. Tony gently grabbed her wrist.
“Abby…” he whispered.
“Don’t worry, I’m only going to the bathroom Tony.” She whispered back.

“What the hell are you up to!” Abby shouted as she entered the ladies toilets.
A couple of scared old ladies walked quickly out, whispering to each other.
“Abby? What arte you talking about?” Sally said, looking in the mirror as she fixed her make up.
“you damn well know what I’m talking about Sally!”
“I honestly don’t.” Sally said.
Abby was getting angrier and angrier with Sally.
“Oh come on! You used to be engaged to Tony yet you haven’t said a word about it; you’re all passionate for McGee but only when Tony’s around. You have to be playing some kind of game here!”
“Abby…I understand how this looks, but the reason I never mentioned anything about me and Tony is I was too afraid to, I still regret letting him get away. Then I found out you two were engaged and I couldn’t risk my feelings getting in the way by talking to him…you two just look so happy together. As for Timothy…I happen to really like him, it must just be a coincidence…so I swear, I’m not playing any games.”
If this tall brunette didn’t look so close to tears Abby would have though that she had just spouted a load of bullshit but there was something that convinced Abby that she was being honest.
“Oh…I’m so sorry.”
“Don’t worry about it, I totally understand how it would have looked to you. If I were any other girl I would have brought attention to the fact that your fiancé is my ex fiancé, especially if it was to prove I was over him…only problem is I’m not over him. Having Timothy is helping me get over him though so don’t worry, Tony is all yours.”
“Thanks Sally.” Abby laughed in her embarrassment, Tony was right after all…there was no game being played…
Chapter 8 by Roisin
Abby and Sally were laughing by the time they got back to the table.
“What did you do?” Tony whispered as he stood up to let Abby in.
“Don’t worry, I told her what I felt, well I shouted actually, but it turns out there was no game being played after all…she really does like McGee and she just thought it would be awkward talking to you…sorry I didn’t believe you honey” Abby gave Tony a quick kiss as she sat down.

Throughout their long lunch the four of them chatted happily. Abby became more and more convinced that Sally and McGee really did make a good couple and that Sally was after all a good person.
When they eventually got back to work there was still no case, but the place was crawling with FBI agents.
“What the hell is going on Gibbs?” Tony asked, seeing his boss standing talking to a couple of FBI agents.
Gibbs looked like he was about to throw his coffee over either Sacks or Fornell but he didn’t, maybe he couldn’t decide which was annoying him more.
Gibbs turned and walked towards Tony. Sacks protested but was stopped by Fornell who just told him, “It’s Gibbs, you can’t get him to co operate unless he wants to.”
“So what’s going on boss?” Tony, McGee, Abby and Sally ducked under the tape, which was cutting off their squad area.
“It seems Ziva never got to Israel. She was murdered.”
“What? Ziva? Murdered?!” McGee spluttered.
“That doesn’t explain what the FBI are doing here.” Tony said, he looked like he didn’t quite know how to take this information in.
“It is possible that her murderer is connected to one of the many cases she was involved in while at NCIS, but since she is no longer an NCIS agent we can’t investigate it ourselves.
“So the FBI are getting free reign through all of our stuff and investigating the death of one of our team and you’re just sitting here letting it happen?!”
“Of course not! We’re sharing the investigation, since Ziva was with us for so long. Ducky has the body right now.”
Abby, who had been shocked silent throughout all of this, almost ran to the elevator so she could get to autopsy. McGee’s shock came out in more of a stutter. He kept muttering “Ziva…? Dead…? Murdered…!? How?” as he walked slowly to the elevator.
Abby, who was now standing in the elevator on the verge of tears, slammed her hand on the door open button, ran out of the elevator to Mcgee, stood behind him and pushed him quickly but gently to the elevator.
Tony’s grieving came out in rage. As he walked quickly to the elevator he threw his fist into anything he passed…even putting a dent in his own desk.
Sally and Gibbs just walked quickly ad normally. Sally, of course, had no idea who Ziva was and Gibbs had already gotten over his initial shock.

They all got into the elevator and Abby pushed the button to go down to autopsy. She stood shaking for a few seconds then Tony put his arm around her gently. She collapsed in tears onto his shoulder. The elevator doors opened as they arrived in autopsy revealing a visibly shaken up Ducky on the other side waiting for them.
Chatper 9 by Roisin
Ducky, what is it?" Gibbs asked as they all got out of the elevator.
"It's Ziva's body…it's not her body…in fact, it isn't even a body."
"What!?" Abby said wiping her tears.
"It's a new medical practice cadaver…it's almost identical to a human cadaver, so just by looking at it you would believe it's Ziva, she even had a face mould done."
"How the hell did she manage to fake her own death without telling anyone!?" Tony asked, he looked as if he might hit something again.
"Well I am mossad Tony…" a voice came from behind Ducky, "But I did have to enlist the help of Palmer."
"Why Palmer? Why not Ducky?"
"Ducky's love of storytelling. I'm sorry Ducky. I do trust you, but the less people that knew I was still alive the better. Besides, Palmer just went on that facial construction course."
"I understand that much, but why did you have to fake your death in the first place?" Ducky asked.
"I'd rather not say, at least not while the place is crawling with the FBI."
"You're on the run from the FBI again?" Tony asked.
"No, but the Hammas cell I'm on the run from has moles and various higher ups in their pockets."
"Okay, we need to get you somewhere safe…where have you been staying since you left NCIS?" Gibbs asked.
"It's only been two weeks." Ziva said. "I've been staying at my safe house."
"You have your own safe house?"
"I'll explain when we get there."

On the way to Ziva's safe house (they had managed to get her out of NCIS by disguising herself her as a probie) Ziva managed to keep under the speed limit. Tony guess it was to help her keep a low profile.
"So you have your own safe house…" Tony asked again as they all piled out of Ziva's minivan. (apparently the people who were after her wouldn't suspect her to be driving such a large vehicle)
"The Hammas terrorists know about all of the mossad ones, I had no other choice unless I had a specific death wish."
Ziva's safehouse was massive, five bedrooms at least. All on the one floor. They all found a seat in the giant living room.
"I'm still not clear on why you had to fake your own death…" Abby said, "I mean, without telling any of us."
"I had no other choice. They are the biggest Hammas cell in the whole of the US, they have moles everywhere. Even at NCIS. I didn't tell anyone what was going on, except Palmer, and I only told him that I needed him to make the face of the medical cadaver look like me. I couldn't tell anyone what was really going on, it was too risky. I even bought the tickets and made all of the arrangements to go back to Israel." Ziva said, "I'm sorry, I should've told you guys."
"There's no need to be sorry dear, we understand how difficult it would have been for you." Ducky said.
"I want to know why Palmer even went on a facial reconstruction course, after all, he works with the dead." Abby asked bluntly.
Everybody turned away from Ziva to look at Palmer curiously.
"Well…um…it couldn't hurt to widen my expertise, and my uncle is opening a cosmetic surgery business. He wants to keep it in the family." Palmer said nervously in almost one breath.
"Okay…now back to Ziva." Gibbs said, "Is there any way we can bring you ‘back to life' without getting you killed?"
"Only if you know of a way of eliminating the whole of Hammas, including overseas units. I'm their most wanted, almost every member will know about me."
"What the hell did you do?"
"I put the second in command in prison."
"Um…shouldn't we know about that?"
"He wasn't caught for being Hammas, even I didn't know that until three weeks ago, right before I gave my weeks notice. He's in for mass bombings on a marine base."
"I need to go lie down, this is way too much." Tony said standing up. Ziva directed him to one of the unused bedrooms. Three out of five were being used for weapons and ammunition storage.
"Um…I need to use the bathroom." Sally said, looking in the direction that Tony had just walked in.
"Sure, third on the right." Ziva directed.
Sally left. Moments afterward Ziva stood up and walked quickly in the same direction muttering, "that's the toilet that doesn't flush."
Ziva came back less than a minute later looking slightly confused.
"What's wrong Ziva?" McGee asked.
"Um…Abby?" Isn't Tony engaged to you?" she asked.
"Yeah…?" Abby asked, now also confused.
"So why's he making out with that new girl?"
Chapter 10 by Roisin
Abby flew out of her seat, quickly followed by an angry McGee. When they got to the room it did look like it was Tony who had pinned Sally to the wall but, as Abby had figured out, it was just that Sally had such a tight grip on Tony.
Mcgee broke it up by grabbing Tony, turning him around, punching him in the jaw and kneeing him in the groin.
Sally just stood there attempting to look like the ‘victim' when Abby slapped her across the face.
"I can't believe I actually fell for your ‘nice' act!!" Abby said, voice full of contempt.
"You saw it Abs, he pinned me against the wall!" Sally pleaded, rubbing the large red mark on her face.
"You had him in a death grip!"
Abby and Sally went on arguing as everybody else from the living room came to see what was going on.
McGee was sat on Tony punching him. Tony had a bloody nose and a few bruises were already beginning to show on his face. Tony turned himself around so that he was holding McGee. Once he was sure McGee was secure he looked behind him to see what was going on with Abby and Sally.
They were still arguing, no violence so far apart from the initial slap, so he turned back to McGee.
"Why couldn't you just let me get the girl for once?" McGee asked, strangely quiet.
"McGee! She was kissing me!!"
"That's not what it looked like…" McGee muttered.
"But that's how it was. Come on, I'm engaged to Abby and Sally's my ex fiancé. What would make you think I'd even want to try and compete with you for Sally?"
"You…you and Sally were engaged!?" McGee stopped struggling to get out of Tony's grip.
Tony loosened his grip.
"You didn't know" He asked, puzzled.
"No…I can't believe I couldn't see it. All this time I actually thought she was interested in me, and she was just using me to get to you?"
"Not necessarily McGee, she might have liked you." Tony said as the two men stood up.
"Unlikely," McGee looked over in Sally's direction where she was still having a heated argument with Abby, "I mean look at her, and look at me…"
Just as Tony was beginning to feel bad for McGee, Sally and Abby's fight escalated to physical combat.
Sally had tried to attack Abby, (Abby had made a comment about her using McGee and not being good enough for McGee anyway) and was going for Abby's throat.
Abby quickly overpowered her and sent her flying into the wall.
Sally sat groggily as Abby and everyone else crowded round her.
"You're fired!" Abby spat in contempt.
"You have no authority for that!" Sally groaned indignantly.
"You're fired!" Tony said, his eyes full of hatred…he couldn't believe he'd defended Sally's behaviour.
"Neither do you!"
"You're fired!" Gibbs said loudly.
"What for?" Sally asked, taken aback.
"Assault of my forensics expert and unprofessional behaviour towards my senior field agent!"
"But…you need me on your team!" Sally stood up.
"We have Ziva back…"
Ziva looked at Gibbs.
Sally scoffed. "Like she'll be any use! She's on the run from the mafia!"
Ziva stepped forwards threateningly.
"I'm Israeli! It's Hammas!! The Mafia is a tree house gang compared to Hammas!"
Sally thought for a moment, and seeing she had nothing more to argue, pushed past Ziva and leaving the room said, "You will regret this!"
End Notes:
this is the last chapter in the story but there will be a sequel...and i'll actually try to get round to writing this one as opposed to leavin it for ages like i have the donor #325 sequel...speaking of that i will work on that possibly soon.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=6297