- Text Size +
At The Oaks Mall, Gibbs, Fornell and their agents walked quickly to the command center. Agent Waverly looked up and frowned.

"I have this situation under control Agent Fornell," he said.

McGee was watching the agent working on the computer. "What are you doing?" McGee asked, looking over the man's shoulder.

Agent Waverly looked down his nose at McGee. "Agent Mabry is about to jam all radio frequencies so that we can get in there and defuse the bomb."

Fornell was about to speak when Gibbs motioned him quiet. McGee pushed the man's chair out of the way.

Agent Mabry stood up. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

McGee got in his face. "Stopping you from killing everyone in that mall. How do you know what you're about to do won't set the bomb off?"

Agent Waverly told them, "It's a chance we're taking."

McGee turned on him. "Like hell you are. We're taking this from you. If you're the idiot that raided the crypt, we don't need you here. All you're out to do is make a name for yourself and you were about to do it too! Jamming every frequency without knowing what could happen. Idiot! You want to be known as the FBI Special Agent that blew up hundreds of innocent people to further his career." Turning quickly, McGee punched Agent Mabry, knocking him back before he could hit the button to jam the frequencies. "You are making your reputation today. Get out!" He ordered and pushed both men towards the door. DiNozzo and Sacks took over from there, shoving the agents out of the trailer and slamming the door.

Fornell got on the phone as Tim sat at the computer and went about undoing everything the other agents had set in motion. Fornell had a quick conversation with his Director and watched out the window as other FBI agents escorted Waverly and Mabry off the scene. Gibbs stood next to Tim and Carly leaned down and kissed McGee's cheek. "Good job Tim. Now work your magic so we can get this guy out of there alive."

Tim turned bright red but continued working. Gibbs raised his eyebrow at Carly and when she only flashed him a cheeky grin, he shook his head and smiled.

After a few minutes of working on the frequencies, they noticed McGee freeze for a moment before muttering, "I don't believe it."

"What? What don't you believe?" Carly asked.

"Can it be that simple?"

"Can what be that simple, McGee?" Gibbs barked.

"Boss, there were two numbers I couldn't figure out on the memory card. Each number was nine digits long. I thought they could possibly be social security numbers but I didn't have time to check before we left. Abby was running them down." McGee pulls out his notepad just as his phone rings. With the phone stuck between his shoulder and his ear, he answered, "McGee," while typing the numbers into the system to check the frequencies.

Abby was telling him she hadn't pulled up anything useful. One number hadn't been assigned yet and the other belonged to a two month old. "I know Abby."

Carly squinted as she heard Abby yell, "What do you mean you know? Have I become useless here?"

Taking the phone from McGee so he could concentrate, Carly told her, "No way! You are not useless! We all need you very much. Tim had just figured out what the numbers could be when you called is all there is, Abby."

Calmer now, Abby said, "Well, ok. I just hate it when they know before I tell them. I've never figured that out."

"I think it's a gut thing, Abs." Carly told her and realized most of the men were staring at her. "Listen, I'll fill you in later, ok? Gotta go for now."

"Ok, bye. Stay safe!" Abby ordered as she hung up the phone.

McGee had stopped typing and was staring at the computer. "Those idiots really would have blown everyone up."

"What do you mean?" Fornell wanted to know.

"If they had jammed the radio frequencies, they would have interrupted the signal going to the bomb and it would have gone off."

"So how are you going to prevent that?" Sacks asked.

"First I have to copy the signal and start transmitting. Once I've done that, I can jam the others and we have control."

"Until the timer goes off." Tony said.

"Right." Tim agreed.

"So we have to defuse the bomb before then." Carly stated and Tim nodded.

They watched in silence as Tim worked against the timer on the bomb. Finally he said, "It's done. Frequency is copied and transmitting. The others are jammed. All we have to do is defuse the bomb."

Gibbs, Tony, Ziva and Carly stepped out of the trailer and approached the mall. Reporters yelled questions but were silenced in shock as the four entered without so much as a vest on. The man with the bomb saw them coming towards him and panicked. He started yelling at them to stop. What he didn't see with Gibbs and Carly coming at him from the front were Ziva and Tony coming at him from behind. Ziva tapped his shoulder and when he turned, Tony punched him. Unconscious, the man lay on the floor while Ziva worked to defuse the bomb. Carly and Gibbs told everyone to leave, quickly and orderly. The crowd of people, terrified still, ran to the exits and were met by federal agents as they reached the outside. They were all checked to make sure no one was injured and Ziva sat back. Blowing her hair from her forehead, she pulled the man up by his shirt and took the bomb off him.

As they pulled him to his feet, the man came to. "Good, you won't be able to say you didn't hear your rights." Tony told him.

Carly took his other arm and walked as far as the doors with them. As the reached the outside, the FBI took the man into custody and the NCIS team quietly stepped out of the spotlight. Walking back to the trailer, Carly whispers to Gibbs, "The plan is set to go down soon and they're going to take out the Air Traffic Control Tower as well."