- Text Size +
Ducky removed the liver probe from the second victim. Sighing, he repeated his first findings once more. "She was garroted with something sharp, probably wire. As is cut off her oxygen it also sliced into her neck several millimeters. Approximate time of death, 10 hours ago. Same as our missing terrorist."

McGee shot photos, while Tony sketched the scene and Ziva rounded up the few pieces of evidence in the motel room. As she walked into the bathroom she noticed wire sticking out of the trash can. "Gibbs." She said and he walked over.

"Bag it." He ordered, looking around the room. He knew for the killers to leave the wire behind that there would be no trace evidence but it had to be tested. Ten hours meant the killers could be anywhere but he knew in his gut they were still in DC. They were planning something and he was willing to bet that this guy was going to roll on them to save his own skin. Too bad for him that he didn't remember terrorists fight to the death.

---------

"What have you found Abs?" Gibbs asked, watching Carly as she worked with her back to him.

Abby turned her radio down and signed 'Talk to her' even as she told him, "Nothing, which is exactly what you expected. Have I mentioned before how I hate when people clean their own crime scenes? Because if I haven't, then I hate it!"

Gibbs nodded and walked out without a word.

Sighing, Abby asked, "When are you going to talk to him?"

Not looking at her friend but feeling the loss of Jet not being in the room, she told Abby, "When I figure out how to tell him, then I'll tell him. I'm going to see Ducky for a little while."

Abby watched Carly leave and then called Tony. Something needed to be done here and it obviously wasn't going to be those two who made the first move.

---------

The doors to autopsy slide open and Carly walked straight over to Ducky. He was signing the report on the female victim, another Jane Doe. When he finished he turned to Carly.

"I don't know what to tell you Carly. Jethro is a stubborn man."

Smiling but not as brightly as before, Carly patted Ducky's cheek. "I know Duck. I know. I was really hoping I could get a look at the victims for a moment?"

Ducky's puzzlement was replaced with a look of understanding. "Of course. Come on over."

He led her to the drawers along the wall and pulled out # 17. "This is our terrorist." He told her as he pulled the sheet back.

Carly stared at him for a moment, but wasn't getting anything. Shaking her head she watched as Ducky covered him back and pushed the drawer in. Reaching down one, he pulled the sheet back on the female victim. Carly barely registered the woman's face before getting 'hit' with information. She hugged Ducky quickly before running back to the lab. Once there she was momentarily distracted by Ducky's thoughts of Ziva's kiss. Shaking off that bit of TMI, she got to work.

Abby watched and realized she had picked up on something down in Autopsy. After a few minutes, Carly had pulled a Missing Person's report from Wyoming up and showed Abby the match between the victim and the girl in the poster. Abby beamed at her and called Gibbs to let them know she was no longer a Jane Doe as Carly called Ducky to tell him the same.