- Text Size +
"What the hell was the FBI thinking? Were the agents thinking at all?" Gibbs asked quietly as the elevator doors slid shut.

Knowing the routine, Fornell reached out to stop the elevator. "The team leader is a hot-shot trying to prove himself to the Director. He ordered the raid on the weapons stash before reporting in."

Cursing under his breath, Gibbs turned to stare at Tobias.

"Believe me Jethro, I realize what they've done. By acting on this, our only source of intel was killed and we still have no idea what they are planning or how many are active in the DC area."

"A crypt in an old church?" Gibbs said, wheels turning in his mind. "I want my team to go over the location again. See if there is anything that was missed. I also want all the evidence that was found and reported on brought here. If you can't do it, I'll get Jenny to."

Fornell nodded his head. "I'll talk to the Director. I don't think he'll have a problem as long as you let us in on anything you find. We want to stop them as bad as you do."

-------

Carly's hand reached up out of the coffin and patted the table next to it to locate her cell phone. Bringing it to her ear, she pulled it back, flipped it open, answering, "Mmm, hello?"

"Carly, get your butt in here. The FBI is bringing over some evidence and I'll need your help analyzing what they haven't screwed up and the reports they've already written."

"Mm. Sure. Be right there."

As she was pulling the phone away from her ear she could hear Abby yelling, "Don't go back to sleep!" She flipped the phone closed and sat up in the coffin. Looking around the apartment she grinned. There wasn't much furniture left and surprisingly enough Abby's coffin slept great. Every time she sat up she had a quiet chuckle thinking she wouldn't mind being one of the undead for Halloween.

-------

Four hours later, buried under a mound of paperwork, Carly was wishing she was back in the coffin and her phone had been shut off. So far, amazingly, the FBI had been quite thorough and most of what they had processed was handled the way she and Abby would have taken care of things. She picked up her coffee cup to sip her tea and remembered it was empty. Telling Abby she was going for a refill she headed out the door.

-------

Gibbs stopped off at the coffee shop to get a fresh cup and watched Carly walk out without noticing him. Crushing his empty cup and throwing it in the trash, he went back to HQ without getting another.