- Text Size +
Carly walked into the lab to see Abby on the phone and surrounded by weapons and explosives. Waving her hand she was about to go back to her computer when Abby signed, 'Ducky has something and Jimmy is MIA. Can you get it?'

Signing 'Yes' and nodding at the same time, Carly headed back the way she came and pushed the button for the elevator. Mind closed to everything but the case, she stepped in not paying attention until the doors closed. As the elevator started up, the power was cut. Carly looked around and noticed Jet for the first time. Panicked, not ready to talk to him, she held her coffee cup down by her leg and let down her blocks hoping Abby would pick up on her panic and know something was wrong.

-------

Abby was on the phone with Tony and Ducky when she started having a panic attack. "Oh no!" She cried out leaving both men wondering what was happening as they heard her doing something on the computer.

"Abby, what's wrong?" Tony asked.

When he got no response, Ducky tried, "Abigail, what is the matter."

"We didn't take into account that Carly isn't ready to talk to Gibbs yet. She has things to tell him and she hasn't worked out how yet. She's panicking in the elevator now!"

Tony and Ducky replied, "Get her out of there!" each one thinking of something different. Tony thinking about the baby and Ducky thinking about the new ability she hadn't told anyone about yet.

"I'm trying!" Abby told them and then let out a happy sound. "It's moving again."

-------

Carly sighed in relief when the elevator kicked back on. The doors opened on the floor of the lab and she stepped out. Ducky could wait, she needed to regain her composure. Jet followed for a moment then turned and slammed the door to the stairwell open.

Abby was still in the middle of the guns but Carly told her, "I could kiss you now for getting me out of there. The elevator just stopped for no reason! I was trapped with Jet and didn't know what to do."

"Oh Carly!" Abby said with a look of sympathy on her face. Mentally she was glad Carly hadn't touched her today or she would know who was behind the whole "trapped in the elevator" scheme.

Carly took a drink of her tea and made a face. Tossing the cup in the trash, she looked at Abby.

"I'm fine, go on, take a break." Abby told her and Carly headed out the door. She was going to get some damn coffee even if it was decaffeinated. Looking before she got into the elevator this time, she smiled to herself. Jet would never believe that she would equate decaffeinated with real coffee.

-------

Gibbs was rounding the bend on the stairwell on his way to see Ducky when he nearly collided with DiNozzo.

"DiNozzo, look where the hell you're going!"

Tony stared at him for a moment, opened his mouth and then shut it. Shaking his head, he started around Gibbs.


Gibbs reached out and grabbed him by the arm. "You got something to say, Tony?"

Shaking off Gibbs hand, Tony shot back at him, "Why don't you stop being a bastard? Admit you were wrong! Admit that you love her! Beg for her forgiveness over your thick skulled ways and ask her back home."

Gibbs smirked. "She cramping your style, DiNozzo."

He watched as Tony shook his head again, sadly this time. "No, Jethro, she hasn't been. For your information, she's been staying at Abby's old apartment. You know, you'd think a man in your shoes would want to be with the woman that..." Tony broke off before spilling Carly's news.

Staring at Tony hard, Gibbs tried to figure him out then asked, "With the woman that what Tony?"

"With the woman you love, Gibbs. With the woman you love." Tony repeated and this time managed to get passed Gibbs without any problems.

-------

The phone was brought to him and he held it away from his ear until the servant left the room.

"Na'am." He answered.

The voice on the other end of the line simply said, "It is done."

The man smiled as he ended the call. As the Americans would say, his leak had been plugged.
Chapter End Notes:
according to the website I looked at Na'am means yes in Arabic. If this is incorrect, please let me know. :D