- Text Size +
"Abby, after work, would you stop by Jet's and get my..."



"No, I won't." Abby told Carly, frustrated with the two hard-headed people she loved.



"But I need ..."



Abby turned to face Carly and said, "What you need is to talk to Gibbs. Tell him everything. Get all you feel and all you are out in the open and then let him deal with it how he will. At least you'll have cleared the air and he will know where he stands with you."



Carly looked up and out the windows in the lab. Abby was right but when would she know where she stood with Jet? She grabbed her purse and told Abby, "I'll be back in a little while ok?"



Abby nodded. "Ok. We can't do much anyway until these tests are complete."



Carly hugged Abby close to her and then walked quickly out to her car.



-------



Gibbs walked into the lab with a peace offering. A Caf-Pow for Abby and a coffee for Carly. When he noticed she wasn't there, he took a drink of the coffee himself.



"I don't have any results for you yet Gibbs." Abby told him.



"Where's Carly?"



"She ran out to get something to drink. You know she can't stand the coffee here."



Something was wrong. He knew because Abby wasn't looking him in the eye. He settled against the chair Carly sat at and stared for a moment. He was about to ask her advice when she looked at him, anger all over her face.



"Why don't you tell her how you feel? Why can't you accept her for who she is? It's not like she's a criminal! So she's clairvoyant, who cares! You know things and can't tell us how you know. Have we ever questioned your gut? No! And do you know why? Because we trust it as much as you do! And do you know why? Because it doesn't let us down." She stopped and her shoulders slumped a bit. "There was a time when you wouldn't let us down either Gibbs. But by not accepting Carly, the woman everyone can see that you love, you are letting us down. How are we going to come to you when something happens if we don't know if you're going to turn us away or not? The one thing we could always count on is something we are not sure about anymore."



Looking away, he thought for a minute. "Where is she really, Abs?"



Abby looked him in the eye this time and answered, "Your house. She went to get something."



Kissing her forehead, he ran out the room. He couldn't let her take another piece of her away from him without telling her how he felt.
Chapter End Notes:
Short chapter but it moves the story...Sorry. Next chapter will be longer.