- Text Size +
Story Notes:
As with alot of the fanfics I haven't posted yet this one ends with the need for continuation. If you have any ideas of what Abby should do please drop me a line.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is basically a fanfic explaining why Gibbs treats Abby differently to everyone else.
It had been another slow day at NCIS. Full of paperwork and the like. Sometime throughout the day a rubber band war broke out in the squad room. It ended pretty quickly and left McGee with a few large bruises. Now it was early evening and Gibbs was going down to pick Abby up.

*Earlier that day*

“Hey Abs.” Gibbs greeted as he entered the lab.
“Gibbs,” Abby said running up and hugging him, “I need to ask you something.”
“Shoot.”
“Well today has been really slow without an active case and all and I got bored with my model of the civil war so I decided to relax and just think for a while. My mind drifted a bit and ended I ended up thinking about Kate which somehow led to relationships. “Abby was interrupted
“What’s the question Abby?” Gibbs asked in a tone containing a confusing mix of curiosity, concern, and annoyment.
“Well, why do you treat me so different to everyone else? You didn’t even treat Kate like you do me. In fact you treated her a little differently to DiNozzo but let’s not go there.” Abby burst out rather quickly and it took Gibbs a few seconds to process what she had said.
“What you say we go out to dinner tonight and I’ll tell you then?”
“Sounds good to me.” With that Gibbs left. He had entirely forgotten the reason he had come down in the first place.

*Back to present*

“Ready to go, Abs?” Gibbs asked entering the lab.
“Yep just let me get my coat.” Abby went over to her coat rack and grabbed it off the wall. Gibbs walked her out to the parking lot but instead of taking her to her car they headed towards his.
“Let’s go in my car it’s easier and if you need me to I’ll pick you up for work tomorrow.”
“Okay sure.” Abby said as Gibbs opened the door for her.
They had already ordered and received their meals before Gibbs started talking on the topic.
“Abby this is a really long story with a really important ending so I need you to just listen for a while, is that okay with you?” Gibbs asked a bit jumpy but unsure as of why.
“Yep sure.” Abby said as she started eating and Gibbs started the story taking bites of his meal in between talking.
“19 years ago when I was still in the corps I was serving in Kuwait and I was put into a coma by a bomb blasting. When I woke up I was informed that my wife Shannon had been murdered and that my daughter Kelly was in witness protection with a new name and new parents. I was told that I wasn’t allowed to see her or talk to her. She had traumatic amnesia that she hadn’t recovered from. Well 5 years ago I was told that the risk had gone but if I wanted Kelly back I needed to tell her the story and get her to believe me.”
“Gibbs…” Abby whispered.
“I was told my daughters new name, address, family’s name, where she went to school, where she worked, everything.” Abby interrupted again,
“Okay I don’t mean to be rude or interrupt but what has this got to do with me?”
“Abs, my daughter’s name is Abigail, she lived in New Orleans with a family called the Sciutos, and she went to college there and studied forensic science. She now works at NCIS and is the smartest person I’ve ever met.” Gibbs finished looking for a reaction from Abby.

AbbyLover
Chapter End Notes:
As with alot of the fanfics I haven't posted yet this one ends with the need for continuation. If you have any ideas of what Abby should do please drop me a line.