- Text Size +
Pieces were everywhere. She had pieces everywhere. She hated people touching her. And everyone wanted to touch her. Patting her hand, combing her hair, bathing her, scrubbing her wounds. She screamed inside every time. Even when He touched her.

And He wouldn't leave. No matter how far away she pulled herself He just wouldn't leave. In her mind He was the ship captain that strapped himself to the wheel to keep it on course through the hurricane. He wanted her pain, wanted to weather it himself. Begged her for it. And she almost gave it to Him. Almost let herself absorb His strength. Almost fell into His arms sobbing. But she didn't.

She never cried. On the outside. But He did. And she would not add to His pain with her own.


----------

Evie walked the familiar city streets, smiling at how things had changed through the years. So many things had changed. She thought about how He looked earlier. Still strong and solid, His hair was grey now but it suited him well. It added to His character.

She thought about Abby. There was a lightness and innocence around her, like an aura. She chuckled and wondered who had made the first move there. She would put money on Abby. She was the sort that He would enjoy looking after. And she sensed a strength in Abby that mirrored the strength that she used have within herself.

When Abby had mentioned Tony she was taken aback, that was just not something she would have ever expected of Him. But the more she thought about it the more sense it made. What they did was about wants and needs and who was best able to fulfill them. Male or female, it just didn't matter. Need called to need.

----------

Gibbs looked at his empty glass and sighed. "I need coffee." He got up and made his way to the kitchen. Tony, knowing he would continue the story when He was ready, followed Him into the kitchen.

Gibbs went through the familiar motions of making coffee and once the pot was brewing he turned towards Tony, leaning his hip on the counter.

Tony's phone chirped signaling an incoming text message and he glanced at it quickly and smiled, "Abby."

He looked long and hard at Gibbs and asked pointedly, "Should I tell her you're okay?"

Gibbs dropped his chin to his chest for a moment then looked up at Tony, "Are you staying?"

Tony gave him a pained look.

"Tell her I'm okay then."

Tony's fingers deftly typed in a quick return text message to Abby as the coffee pot made its final gurgle.

"So she started talking to this intern…" Tony prompted.

---------------