- Text Size +

Tony didn't even ask, just gave a passing nod to Jen as he headed for the stairs taking two at a time. He got to the parking lot just in time to see Gibbs speed away. Trying to catch his breath he called Abby.



Hearing him wheezing Abby was worried, "DiNozzo what's wrong. Tony? Are you hurt?"



"Abs holy hell just broke loose in the bullpen can you track Gibbs' car's GPS and tell me where he's gone to?



"Yeah sure doing it now. But what happened love?"



Tony explained what he had witnessed, not that it made any sense to either of them. Abby volunteered to look up Agent Eveline McFergus's history and let him know if she found anything. Gibbs' car had stopped and she relayed where he was to Tony, both of them thinking his stop was very odd.



----------



Tony pulled his car in next Gibbs' and looked around. Gibbs was at an empty playground. Tony saw him sitting on a bench just staring at nothing. He walked over to him. He sat on the other end of the bench but didn't say anything. He was here to listen, to support his boss, his friend, his lover, his Master.



Tony could see the tears Gibbs was desperately trying to hold back and when Gibbs spoke the sorrow in his voice cut Tony to the core. "I kissed her for the first time up against that tree." he waved his hand towards it. "It was a beautiful day and the sun just made her hair look like fire. " Gibbs smiled at he memory while a silent tear ran down his cheek. "She was my first redhead. She was so beautiful, is so beautiful." He trailed off lost in a memory.



Tony just listened. It was what Gibbs needed. Gibbs who always instinctively knew what Tony needed, always able to give it to him, to take him down, to take him out of his own head and force him to focus, and now Gibbs needed him. Tony wasn't entirely prepared for what Gibbs said next, it was just so not Gibbs.



"I loved her more than anyone or anything in my whole life. I needed her more than breathing. And she loved me, or at least I thought she did. And she just left. Left the job, left the state, left me. And I haven't seen her in fifteen years."



Tony knew Gibbs hated talking about His feelings and found it strange that He could so easily proclaim these deep emotions for Evie. To him it signified the level of trust that He had in Tony and he took it as an honor.



"God Tony I should hate her, but all I wanted to do was touch her, make sure she was real."



----------



The noise level in the bullpen back at NCIS was growing back towards normal. There was a lot of hushed whispering as people tried to figure out what exactly happened between Gibbs and that woman. No one had ever seen Gibbs like that before.



Jen picked up her phone and verified that Eveline had not left the building and had security scan the cameras to find her location and then headed off to the ladies locker room.



She found Eveline sitting on the floor with her arms around her knees rocking back and forth staring at some random point on the floor, totally lost in her own world.



"Agent McFergus?" Jen said quietly.



When she didn't get a response she tried again, "Eveline?"



Again no response, so she tried again, "Evie?"



She saw the other woman scrunch up her face trying not to cry and heard her say in a small hurt voice, "Please don't call me that. He's the only one that calls me Evie."



Jen had known Gibbs a long time, as partners, friends, and lovers. She saw the hurt in his eyes when he left earlier, and had heard the longing in his voice when he called out to Evie. She didn't understand it though, because he had never said anything to her about having a relationship with Evie. She sat down near her and leaned up against the lockers.



"How about I stick to Eveline?"



Evie nodded and Jen continued, "Gibbs and I have been friends for a very long time Eveline and he's never mentioned knowing you."



----------

Chapter End Notes:
Title: The First
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/OFC, Gibbs/DiNozzo (implied), Gibbs/Abby (implied), DiNozzo/Abby (implied)
Rating: NC-17 or Adults Only
Warnings: Dark story, BSDM, Angst, AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Comments: This plot just started flowing from the keys. Gibbs had to have a first red head right? The timeline for Gibbs' past deviates wildly from canon and his first wife and daughter don't exist in my AU. Heavy Gibbs/OFC angst.
Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com