- Text Size +

"There is a lot more to tell but I want to show you something and I need a drink. Let's go back to my house." Gibbs said to Tony.



He needed to share this with Tony. Tony never judged Him, just accepted and supported. He would understand Gibbs' pain. Abby was also His but Gibbs' level of trust was different with Tony. The two men gave Abby their warm, playful, loving sides. To each other they gave their pain, their anger, and their frustrations. They could be rough if they needed it, they could fuck until they were raw, both physically and emotionally. And if there was ever a day that Gibbs needed Tony today was it.



They reached the house and went inside. Tony followed Gibbs silently up the stairs to his bedroom. Gibbs waved him in the direction of the bed, "Sit. I want to show you something."



Tony sat, carefully watching Gibbs. When he saw what drawer Gibbs was heading for he had to take a breath and concentrate on not falling. He knew what was in that drawer, and had known for a year.



Gibbs removed one of the flat hinged boxes from the drawer and Tony saw a fresh flash of pain cross his face. He walked to the bed and sat down next to Tony, the box held carefully in His hands.



"I was honest with you and Abby when I told you that I only ever had one other before you." Gibbs handed Tony the box and said, "Open it."



Tony held the box reverently not knowing what to expect. He looked over at Gibbs and down to the box. He slowly opened the top and the sight of the silver collar lying on its bed of green velvet took his breath away. He took in the Celtic design and the clovers and the light bulb went off over his head. He ran a gentle finger over the five beautiful stones realizing what they signified to Gibbs.



"McFergus." he said softly.



----------



He had been very secretive lately. Planning and plotting she thought. Two can play at that game though and she did some planning and plotting of her own.



That night when they both got home from work was the start of their vacation and they not planned on going anywhere, they were just staying home and puttering and just having some down time. So he was surprised to see her packing a large suitcase for the two of them when he got home. When he questioned she just smiled and handed him an envelope. And when he opened it a matching smile spread across his face.



They spent the next ten days on a small sailboat in Hawaii. Mentally recharging and fishing in between frequent bouts of hot sex.



It was day four when they were lying on deck enjoying the sun when she murmured to him that they really needed a sailboat of their own back home so they could escape whenever they wanted. He liked that idea so much he rolled over on top of her and kissed her deeply and a very short time later when he was slowly thrusting into her matching the gentle lapping of the boat he promised to build her one.



Two days later on the night of their first anniversary after they returned from dinner on the island He placed his hand on the back of her neck and squeezed gently, and she instinctively bowed her head waiting for His instructions. Standing behind her He reached around her with a gift in His hand, and in His low bedroom voice, the one that made her knees weak just to hear it He told her to open it. Her hands shook slightly as she carefully opened the gift. Its beauty stole her breath and she gently ran her finger over the silver stopping on the single clover holding a brilliant emerald.



----------



"Director Sheppard I'm sure you've at least glanced at my file. You know about the Stetson case and my part in it."



"Please call me Jen, I left the Director back in my office. I am familiar with the Stetson case. I can't just begin to figure out what to say to you about that, everything I think of sounds trite."



"Jen I think you and I were cut from very similar cloth. There really is nothing anyone can say or do for that matter. It happened, he's dead, and the world kept spinning."



Jen thought about that for a second and said quietly, "But it didn't keep spinning did it?"



"No."



Jen had read the file, knew that although never spelled out that Gibbs had found her and executed the suspect, well beaten him to a pulp then executed him with a bullet to his brain. Jen suspected that a lot of things got left out of the official reports, and that the FBI was just glad to get Evie back alive, and get that psychopath off the street one way or another.



"How long were you together before the case?"



"Five years."



----------

Chapter End Notes:
Title: The First
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/OFC, Gibbs/DiNozzo (implied), Gibbs/Abby (implied), DiNozzo/Abby (implied)
Rating: NC-17 or Adults Only
Warnings: Dark story, BSDM, Angst, AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Comments: This plot just started flowing from the keys. Gibbs had to have a first red head right? The timeline for Gibbs' past deviates wildly from canon and his first wife and daughter don't exist in my AU. Heavy Gibbs/OFC angst.
Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com