- Text Size +
Pain. It surrounded and consumed her. There was no escape from it, no release. No gentle touches to ease the sting of the crop, just the anticipation of more pain. She tried screaming to vent the pain but it just brought more. Layer upon layer, he stripped her skin from her body. She had no day and night, just darkness. Darkness and pain. And when he forced himself inside her, she shattered. And she cried out for the one she wanted to end the pain, the one she shared a soul with. She was in a million pieces and knew that they would never all fit back together again. No matter how hard He tried.

She willed herself to die. To deprive him the opportunity to give her more pain. To hide from a future destroyed.

She was at her end, where she thought there would be nothing left. Where she thought she would just slip into the darkness forever. But at this end she found light and warmth. And the gentle breeze brought the scent of the sea to wash away the scent of blood. And He was there. She could see Him hazily through the light. She desperately wanted to see His face. But all she could see were His eyes, so blue, so full of love, but so sad. He cocooned her in His arms and she felt the gentle rocking of the boat and as she drifted back towards the darkness she let Him go. Because she loved Him.


----------

"How long?"

"Almost two and a half years." Abby answered.

Evie nodded and leaned forward with her elbows on her knees and clasped her hands together, "He still has it?"

Abby knew immediately what she was asking about, "Yeah. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen Agent McFergus."

"Please call me Eveline. I can't believe He kept it." She said with a pained expression clouding her face.

"Can I ask you something, Eveline?"

"Somehow I doubt I could stop you, Abby. But go ahead."

"I've already guessed that there was more between you and Him than just the scene. And I read about what happened, but what I don't know is why you left? I mean, He loved you, you loved Him, right? Couldn't you have gotten past what happened together?"

"Sometimes Abby, when things shatter there's just no putting them back together." She stood to leave, determined to do so this time.

"Do you still love Him?"

"I've never loved anyone but Him. Please take care of Him for me. He has the gentlest soul, Abby. And it wouldn't take much for it to shatter too."

"Tony and I always take care of Him. And He takes care of us."

"That's good. He'll need you."

"Are you leaving again?"

"Yes. My coming back here was a mistake. I'll be leaving tomorrow."

"Maybe you should stay and try and work through this with Him."

"I can't Abby, for the same reason I couldn't before. I'm not strong enough to stay, and He wasn't strong enough to come after me."

"Where will you go?"

Evie smiled fondly at a lost memory, "I'm taking a couple of weeks off and going someplace warm, where I can smell the sea and the flowers. It's my favorite place in the world and I've only been there twice."

"Where is that, Eveline?"

Evie started walking away and answered back over her shoulder, "Ask Him."

----------

"I got her out of there but she wasn't responsive at all. She was in a coma. I was her medical power of attorney, same as she was for me. So they couldn't hide anything from me. I know every single, solitary thing that bastard did to her."

Tony's soft and steady voice tried to cut through Gibbs' anger, "He can't hurt her anymore, he's dead. You made sure he couldn't hurt anyone ever again."

Gibbs met Tony's eyes and saw the approval there for what he had done so many years ago. Right or wrong in the eyes of the law, in the eyes of justice, Stetson had earned it.

"How long was she in a coma?" Tony asked gently.

"The first one was fifteen days." He paused and poured himself more bourbon.

"The first one?"

"She started coming out of the first one when..." He closed his eyes in pain, trying to squelch back the tears.

"When what?

"I was sitting there with her late one night, sort of zoning out. I started hearing something dripping and when I looked around there was blood dripping off the side of the bed, and a huge pool of it underneath her." He paused and belted down his drink, "She had a complicated miscarriage. They said she was about five weeks pregnant. And she was bleeding to death. And to save her I had to give them permission. God Tony, I had to give them permission to do a hysterectomy. She was going to die if I didn't. But what gave me the right to make that choice for her?"

Tony couldn't even imagine the guilt that Gibbs must feel over that. Knowing how much He loved children, and now knowing how much He loved Evie, he knew that the decision that saved her life had probably broken Gibbs heart forever.

Gibbs was back to staring at the carpet.

"Look at me." Tony demanded, and when he finally had the ice blue eyes fixed on him, he said firmly, "She gave you the right. She knew you would make the right decisions for her. She trusted you completely. She knew you could make the hard call. The same way I know you could make them for me and the same way you know I can make them for you. What happened was not your fault."

----------
Chapter End Notes:
Title: The First
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: Gibbs/OFC, Gibbs/DiNozzo (implied), Gibbs/Abby (implied), DiNozzo/Abby (implied)
Rating: NC-17 or Adults Only
Warnings: Dark story, BSDM, Angst, AU
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Comments: This plot just started flowing from the keys. Gibbs had to have a first red head right? The timeline for Gibbs' past deviates wildly from canon and his first wife and daughter don't exist in my AU. Heavy Gibbs/OFC angst.
Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com

-------------------------