- Text Size +
----------

Standing in the kitchen with a mug of coffee Tony was admiring the beautiful day that had dawned outside. As if the weather would go against General Laura on her wedding day. He chuckled to himself thinking about that.

Gibbs was picking him up in a few minutes to start the day at the barber then it was off to the beautiful historical mansion where the wedding and reception was to take place. Laura had found it almost by accident. She had been invited to a speaker luncheon that was held in the gorgeous garden on the grounds of the mansion. She had been ecstatic when she found out that the site was available for weddings, and a festive garden wedding definitely suited their tastes better than a stuffy formal setting.

He felt her arms circle his waist from behind as she yawned, "Good morning."

"Wake up sleepyhead, lots to do today." He teased.

"Mmmmm." She moaned into his back. She needed coffee and broke away from Tony to pour some. She took a big sip and sighed with pleasure. "So you order this beautiful weather?"

"Let me see. I was in charge of the music, the cake, and the honeymoon. I don't remember the weather being on my list."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Maybe it was on Gibbs' list." They both laughed.

His ears must have been burning, because at that moment Gibbs pulled in the driveway. Laura instinctively poured another mug of coffee. Tony answered the door and led Gibbs back to the kitchen. Laura handed him the coffee and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Good morning, Jethro."

He took in her just out of bed appearance, with her baggy sweats and hair sticking up in all directions and chuckled, "There's a picture for the album."

Tony snorted then bit off his laughter at the scowl that Laura shot both men. He beat a hasty retreat out of the room, "I'll just go get my stuff."

"It isn't nice to pick on me before I've finished my first cup of coffee, Jethro."

"But you're so cute in the morning, Laura."

A blinding flash from the doorway startled both of them and Laura almost murdered Tony where he stood when she realized that he had snapped a picture of her. "I heard that, Boss."

Gibbs just chuckled and sipped his coffee.

Laura looked over to Tony, "Got it?"

"All set."

"Come into the living room, Jethro." She said taking his hand.

He allowed himself to be dragged into the living room and pushed into sitting in the middle of the couch. He saw a gift-wrapped package on the coffee table and suddenly knew what they were up to. At the rehearsal dinner last night, Tony and Laura had given out gifts to the wedding party but Laura had whispered to him that he was getting his the next day.

Tony picked up the gift and handed it to Gibbs with a cocky little grin.

Gibbs smiled and shook his head at the two of them sitting on either side of him. He opened the gift to find a large brass bell for his boat. It was beautiful and he ran a gentle finger over what they had engraved on it:

Leroy Jethro Gibbs
The Best Friend Any Two People Could Ever Ask For
Semper Fi
Tony & Laura DiNozzo


"We just wanted to say thanks, Boss. For everything." Tony said sincerely.

----------

Laura stood near the window lost in her thoughts as she looked down at two photos. She had asked everyone to give her a couple of minutes alone and the room was quiet although she could hear the muffled music outside. She didn't hear the door open.

"Now there's a picture for the album."

She smiled a little but didn't look up from her pictures.

"Who's babysitting my groom, Jethro?"

"His father."

"Oh boy."

He had crossed the room and was standing near her shoulder and could see the photos she held. One was of her parents, the other of Daniel.

"You know they're here with you, Laura." He said gently.

"I know." She said as she looked up to meet his eyes with a real smile this time.

He stepped back and made a show of looking her up and down, "You are a beautiful bride, Laura."

She blushed and looked down at her gown and teased, "What? This old thing?"

Laura had been adamant that she did not want a lavish gown. She and Anthony had a wonderful argument about it. But she held her ground that she refused to buy a gown that cost more than a lot of people earn in a year. She and Helen had finally found the perfect gown in a reasonable price range. The ivory crepe dress hung beautifully to her curves and its modest lace and embroidery embellishments made her feel very feminine and its long train could be pinned up allowing her to move and dance.

----------

Tony's father had stepped out giving Tony a minute alone, something he found he needed at the moment. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out the note he had found there earlier. Laura was always doing that, tucking little notes for him here and there. Sometimes they held little jokes, or naughty cartoons, but mostly they were just a sentence or two reminding him that she loved him and was thinking about him. She didn't know it but he saved every single one.

Today's note was simple, "Nervous? Me too. I love you! –Laura".

He chuckled to himself as he re-read it for the tenth time. He heard the door open behind him and looked up to see Gibbs walk in.

"How's Laura holding up?"

"You mean the General?" Gibbs teased.

Tony cringed, "Um, you're not planning on telling her that I call her that are you, Boss?"

Gibbs just laughed.

Tony thought of something else and pestered Gibbs, "So what's her dress look like?"

He got a playful Gibbs' glare in response, "She told me to tell you that it's a wedding gown and it is ivory. You'll just have to wait and see, DiNozzo."

"You're killing me, Boss."

----------