- Text Size +
----------

Laura was nervously awaiting her turn to step through the French doors and out into the garden. It wasn't getting married that had her nervous. It was worrying that she would pull one of her more graceful maneuvers and trip in front of the three hundred and fifty plus guests waiting patiently for her arrival.

Helen tweaked her train a final time and kissed her cheek as she took her turn through the doors.

Laura was walking herself down the aisle. Anthony, Gibbs, and Bruce had all offered but she declined. For her it was symbolic. She had started out this relationship with Tony alone, and on her own. And once she took that final walk alone she would be joining her life with Tony's and wouldn't be alone again.

She heard the music pause and the gentle strains of Peter, Paul, and Mary's The Wedding Song started. She smiled, she loved the soft sounds of folk music and Tony had readily agreed that this would perfect to replace the traditional bridal march.

She took a deep breath and stepped out the doors.

----------

Tony stood next to Gibbs, looking out at the sea of people sitting. He was smiling but managed to hiss to Gibbs through his teeth, "Almost four hundred people, Boss. It's not a wedding it's a circus."

"Suck it up, DiNozzo. In a minute nobody's going to be looking at you anyway."

"Hey, here comes Kate." Tony smiled genuinely this time. When he and Laura had talked about the wedding party he requested that his teammates be included, he was closer to them than anyone. They were his family.

He probably broke a hundred wedding etiquette rules but he didn't care. When Kate reached them he took her hand and gave her a kiss on the cheek before she went to her designated spot to stand.

The next person that walked down that aisle caused a stir among the more conservative guests. Abby looked stunning, but she was Abby. The deep burnt red halter dresses that Laura had selected for the bridesmaids kept with their fun and festive theme and looked beautiful on her. And she had a beautiful smile for Tony as she reached him. He gave her a wink and a kiss and she went to her spot.

Helen looked equally as beautiful as she made her way down. Tony was glad that she and Laura had become such good friends. Everyone needed at least one partner in crime. Helen also got a kiss on the cheek and she stepped to the side.

When the music changed Gibbs stepped up to Tony and whispered, "Breathe, Tony. The General won't forgive you if you pass out."

Tony stole a quick glance at Gibbs and chuckled, "Speaking from experience, Boss?" He almost flinched waiting for a head smack.

He turned to back down the aisle, and forgot to breathe.

Laura was exquisite. And she was his.

They locked eyes and held the gaze for her excruciatingly slow trip up the aisle. When she finally reached him he took her hand and his eyes took in every line of her face. His eyes were soft and his expression was one of awe. He whispered softly, just for her to hear, "God, you are so beautiful."

There was just no way that Laura was going to make it through the ceremony without crying when he said things like that.

The officiant started the ceremony, although neither of them would ever remember what he actually said. It was now Laura's turn to say her piece, and like anything else Laura did when she finally put her mind to something, it came out clear and strong.

"I started falling in love with you on one of my darkest days. You stood there with my coat and purse and a folded flag and asked me if I needed a ride home. You took care of me that day and so many since then. You've always known what I needed, even if I didn't. Or didn't want to admit it. You are the most persistent man I know. And I am so grateful for that, because we wouldn't be here if you hadn't been. You make me feel beautiful and special every single day. And I love you for that and everything else."

She slipped the ring on his finger and squeezed her hand around his. Her eyes were glistening with tears that threatened to fall, and when a single tear escaped, Tony gently brushed it away with his thumb. She had caused a huge lump to form in his throat and he took a moment to clear his throat gently.

"When we were both having trouble figuring out what to say you told me that maybe it was because we had already said everything that was important. And like about so many other things, you were right. I told you a long time ago that I had decided that it hurt too much to really care about anybody. So I didn't and I wouldn't let anyone in. But I wanted to find someone who would care about me. Just me. I wanted someone I could laugh with, and cry with, and someone who needs me just as much as I need them. And I had been alone for so long Laura, waiting for you. Because you're it for me. You're everything I want, everything I need. I love you."

He gently placed the ring on her finger and sniffled. They heard the officiant pronounce them husband and wife and Tony couldn't help himself and interrupted, "I can handle the next part." As he took Laura's face in his hands and kissed her deeply.

-----------