- Text Size +
The girls all laughed when they saw Laura dancing with Gibbs. The guys kept groaning. And it got worse the more they drank. After the song ended he led her back to her spot at the bar and they finished their drinks. And then he headed back over to the guys. And when he got there twenties got slapped in front of him on the bar with much complaining.

The girls came and dragged Laura back out on the dance floor and Tony was enjoying watching Laura have fun and didn't immediately notice the blonde that insinuated herself between Tony and his friend Troy. It wasn't until he felt hot breath purring in his ear that he turned to see her. He politely told her he wasn't interested and that she really should talk to Troy and he turned to see Gibbs smirking at him.

Gibbs saw Laura a little while later standing alone at the jukebox picking out songs he walked over to her, he wanted to let her know about the blonde and Tony's brush off, he had seen her face when she caught the exchange from her spot on the dance floor.

He leaned down and said in a voice heavy with southern twang, "Pick something slow and country so I can dance with you properly."

She laughed and shook her head and picked a couple of songs. Rob and Troy saw them at the jukebox and teased Tony about crashing and burning and wondering if he had lost his touch.

They danced a slow two-step which made Tony scratch his head, Laura knew how to two-step?

Jethro explained about the blond and she said she was okay with it because she saw the blonde's disappointed expression when she walked away. When their song finished he went back to the guys who teased him about not getting a number to which he replied, "Actually she said that Tony here was more her type." and clapped him on the shoulder.

With a little prodding from his friends Tony made his way over to Laura and asked her to dance. And once they were out on the dance floor he asked, "Since when do you know how to two-step?"

"About a year, I was invited to some party on base and they all two-stepped and taught me." She giggled.

He gave her a wide smile. He learned something new about her every day and he hoped it never changed, "Have I told you how amazing you look tonight?"

She pretended to think for a second and teased, "No, do tell."

They danced and laughed and Tony was glad that he insisted on coming to the bar, this was much more fun than strippers. They danced a few songs, some slow some fast. And all the while his buddies gawked from the sidelines. They walked over to edge of the dance floor and she asked with a grin, "So how much is my phone number worth DiNozzo?"

He gulped, "Laura I can explain."

She laughed, "Half."

"Half?"

"My cut. I want half." She made a show of brushing lint off his shoulder and running a finger under his lapel for the male audience at the bar. And when she slid her hand down his chest and under his jacket to his waist he wasn't exactly sure what she was up to, until she came up with his cell phone. She made another show out of programming in a number and handing his phone back to him. "All set, just look for ‘Red' in your phonebook, I think you'll get a kick out of it." She gave him a wink and walked back over to the girls leaving Tony standing there with his mouth hanging open.

He headed back to the guys and submitted to their abuse. He took a sip of his drink while he was scrolling through his cell's phone book and almost spewed it when he saw that she had reprogrammed in her cell phone number to a particularly suggestive speed dial number. Rob and Troy went into more gales of laughter and ponied up the cash. Gibbs just shook his head and said, "I think you've finally met your match DiNozzo."

He hit the send button and she picked up her cell across the bar. "Hi Red. Nice speed dial"

"Like that?"

"I don't know how to answer that. Could get me in trouble."

"Oh I think you're already in trouble."

"Not me. I've been good all night." Rob and Troy were dying in the background still clueless that she was Tony's fiancée.

"Good at what?"

He had never had Laura be this playful and forward and it was a trip and he made mental note to take her out and get her liquored up more often, "I'm good at a lot of things Red."

"I know and aren't I the lucky girl. Well I'm going to let you go back to playing with the boys. Tell Jethro that there is another slow two-step coming up in two songs and my dance card has his name on it."

Rob and Troy pestered him over what she said and he teased, "A gentleman never tells." They rolled their eyes at him and abandoned him to go visit a table of girls working on their second pitcher of margaritas.

He said to Gibbs as they sat there sipping their drinks, "I'm checking for pods when I get home. I don't know who that woman is but she's not Laura. Oh by the way she told me to tell you that two songs from now you're on her dance card. Sounded like a command performance Boss."

"I told you that you met your match DiNozzo. Redheads keep you on your toes. Better get used to it."

Tony turned around on his stool so he could watch Laura at the table with the girls, they seemed to be having a great time. The second song was winding down and Jethro stood up to make his way over to Laura, and got her on the dance floor just as the slow song was starting. Tony made a mental note to call the band for the wedding reception and make sure they had at least a couple of country slows songs. He knew Laura and Gibbs would dance at least once or twice, and he had never seen the boss look so relaxed as he was out there with Laura.

The evening was starting to wind down and everyone was feeling their drinks, Tony weaved his way to the restroom and was surprised to see Laura leaning up against the hallway wall waiting for him. It was déjà vu.

He took a place opposite her and smiled, "Hi fancy meeting you here."

She grinned, "Do you know why I made sure we all ended up here tonight?"

"Not a clue."

"Well this is a fun place and our last memories of it were horrible. So I figured we should make some better memories."

"Is it working?"

"Yeah I think so. But there's one more part to overwrite." And she pointedly looked around the hallway with her eyes settling back to meet his.

He grimaced, "Yeah, definitely not one of my more stellar moments."

"Or mine."

He grinned, "I'm so glad we've gotten past all that." He took the two steps that put him in front of her and reached up and stroked her cheek, "Wanna make a new memory?"

"Thought you'd never ask."

And with that his hands found their way into her hair and his lips pressed gently to hers. This kiss was gentle and romantic, it was soul-searing, and it definitely made her curl her toes. There was a still hint of longing and possession but it came from both of them this time and that made it okay.

The sound of someone clearing their throat broke the moment and they both looked over to see Gibbs standing there flanked by Rob and Troy. His two friends' mouths were hanging open as they took in the scene of Tony making out with Laura. Gibbs just smirked and shook his head, "DiNozzo, aren't you supposed to be staying out of trouble?"

Tony grinned wickedly and cocked his head towards Laura, "But BOSS."

Gibbs just glared at him and Tony looked back to Laura and gave her a wink, "Coming Boss."

Tony let Rob and Troy lead him back to their place at the bar and Jethro stood at the entrance to the hallway watching Laura recover from the fit of laughing that started when Tony winked at her. Jethro just shook his head and wagged a finger at her and smiled, "What has gotten into you tonight?"

"Just in the mood to play Jethro."

He chuckled again and headed over to the guys. Rob and Troy had paid off the bet but were scolding Tony about the fact that he was getting married in a week. And they were rattling off divorce statistics of other college friends as it related to their bachelor parties. Tony tried to explain to them that it really was okay and that Laura wouldn't mind. They weren't buying it. He started to zone out and went back to watching the girls.

The opening notes of another slow ballad started playing and Tony decided he wanted to dance with his bride-to-be. He walked towards the dance floor and knowing Laura was watching him just as he had been watching her, he crooked his finger and she rolled her eyes and laughed and met him on the dance floor.

They danced very close and after the song ended Tony pulled her over to where the guys were hanging out at the bar and broke the news to Rob and Troy that Laura was in fact his fiancée. They almost didn't believe him but the sight of Gibbs nodding his head put their doubts to rest.

It took the drunken men a few minutes to realize that they had been had. And then the teasing and complaining started in earnest and they all shared a good laugh. Very pleased with how the evening turned out Tony announced he was taking Laura home, which of course brought another round of catcalling and teasing from the guys.

Tony realized in the cab on the way home that Gibbs was right about meeting his match when Laura turned to him with an evil gleam in her eye and extending her hand palm up teased, "Where's my cut?"
Chapter End Notes:
Title: He Knew
Author: CJ aka WritinginCT
Fandom: NCIS
Pairing: DiNozzo/OFC
Rating: PG-13 -Teen
Warnings: Angst
Disclaimer: I don't own the recognizable characters I'm just inspired by them. Hopefully they've had fun playing in my sandbox.
Comments: What if Tony fell in love with just an average person? My AU, season twoish.
Feedback: Love it? Hate it? Want to offer me a book deal to write original fiction? Email me at writinginct@yahoo.com