- Text Size +
Chapter 10

A red eclipse zigzags thru the heavy traffic and rams some cars off the road, not far behind the Toyota is a grey Porsche closing in fast but driving careful not to make any accidents.

He realises that he isn't going to catch anyone like this, he try's his radio, "McGee? You there?"

Nothing but static hissing, "Crap, think, think!" He says to himself barely dodging a dodge pickup truck.

He lifts up his pelvis and reaches in his pocket, the glass screen of his mobile phone is cracked, "Damn just got this phone." He says pissed.

He dails a number, and holds it to his ear, he feels a sharp pain and gently touches his ear, and feels that his ear has a jagged hole in it, "Aah sh!t!" he says looking at it in the rear view mirror.

"Hello this is Cyntia, the director is not available at this moment."

"This is special agent Anton Halve, I need to talk to the director NOW!"

"I'm sorry sir, but that isn't possible a this moment." She says with a little voice.

"Tell her that it's about that frog of hers!" He says yanking the wheel to the left to pass a Volkswagen polo, a click is heard, "Agent Halve, you are calling me at an most inappropriate time!"

"Director, I'm chasing your French arms dealer! He shot down the entire team, I'm chasing him thru Washington now!" He yells missing a city bus by a few feet.

"Where are you now? Is Jethro okay? How is the rest?" she asks him with a trembling voice.

"Don't have any time for that, I need you to get a chopper up in the air, I need you to set up some road blocks up ahead!" He bellows at her like a drill sergeant does to a recruit.

"I will see to that-" She says before she hears a click on the other end of the line, she quickly dials an other number and yells to Cyntia, "Get Abby to get a location fix on his cellphone!"
***

Anton is still in the Porsche following the two terrorists, as he power slides into the next corner his hip starts vibrating, he swears. He takes out his phone and hits the speaker function, "I'm kinda busy right now Abby!" As he says that a blue police chopper races over head.

"How are you doing honey?" She asks him in a worried voice.

"Just peachy!" Nearly ramming a truck.

"Jenny got you a chopper and a few roadblocks."

"Thanks Abbs, need two other favours of you."

"What can I do for you sweetheart?"

"Try to tell me where they could be heading?"

"Well, there is no real way I can be certain of that but I think they are heading for Chevy Chase Country club, but that's just one favour, what's the other one?" She asks worried again.

"Please get a medic ready for that French c*nt." He says angry.

Abby giggles and says, "Are you going to beat him up that badly?"

"Yes I am planning on that, when I pull over that bastard I'm going to kick the sh!t out of him." He says with anger.

"Why are you so angry honey?" She asks him still giggling.

"Where should I start, they shot Gibbs, Tony, Ziva and last but not least them frigging psychos shot me!" He yells pissed off racing thru a red light.

"O my god!" Abby squeals, "Honey where are you hit?! Does it hurt much?!" she yells panicking.

"Meh, this doesn't compare to being shot up the ass or taking one in the back, this is just a nagging pain, I'm fine don't worry about it."
"Gotta go honey, Love ya." He says reaching for his phone.

"Love you two sweetheart!" She manages to say before he cuts the line.

Abby runs out of her lab straight towards the directors offices, she storms past Cyntia, "Miss Sciuto, you can't go in there the director has company!" She yells to Abby's back.

"Is it true!" She screams towards the director, "Is what true Abby?" Jenny asks while looking at the angry face of Abby.

"What he told me about the team?" Abby's expression going from anger towards fear.

"What did Agent Halve tell you about the team?" Jenny says now looking worried.

*Ahem* FBI agent Fornell coughs, "I'm sorry but I believe I was in a private meeting with your director." He says as calmly as he can.

"He said that the whole team got shot, he said that he was hit too!" Abby screams at Jenny, "Listen Abby, he said that he didn't have the time for a detailed sitrep, he practically ordered me to get him the stuff and then he cut off the conversation." Jenny says calmly.

*Cough* Fornell coughs again, "Excuse me director but I need your answer, NOW!" He says looking towards Jenny, "No I will not hand you Le Grenouille!" she yells.
"I will not let him go once I have him in my hands, he is going to pay!"

Fornell stands up and walks out of the office as he opens the door he turns around and says, "Watch yourself Jenny, please be careful."

As soon as he closes the door Jenny lets her head fall into her hands and she starts to cry, "What have I done?"

Abby looks uncomfortable watching the director cry so she slowly creeps up towards the door, "Abby, I'm sorry I-" Abby cuts her off, "No your not sorry, you want revenge and every thing has to part for you!" Abby snaps angrily. Abby runs out of the office and takes the elevator to autopsy.
***

"Why are chicks I date always right?" He asks himself out loud as the red Toyota races towards the golf course. The blond woman and the grey man jump out of the car and enter the golf course by foot, Anton yanks up the handbrake and throws the steering wheel to the right so he blocks off the entrance of the golf course.
"Like a glove!" he says with his best Ace Ventura imitation.

As he runs inside the golf course building he spots a security guard laying on the ground, his pistol holster is empty. Anton runs over towards him and checks his pulse, "Sh1t." he mumbles looking at the hole in his chest, a small puddle of blood is starting to form under the guard.

He turns around and spots a grey old man riding off in a golf cart, Anton starts to sprint towards the parked golf carts. He grabs one for himself and starts to race it cross the perfectly trimmed green of the second hole to catch up with the Frenchman.

He wants to cut him off by driving thru some bushes but instead of cutting off the frog he drives straight in a sand trap, "Crap." He mumbles exiting the small vehicle and sprints towards the original intercepting point. He jumps thru some other bushes and lands in front of the old man's cart.

Raising his gun, he yells "Get out of the damn car, NOW!"

The old Frenchman just laughs and keeps on driving towards Anton.
As the cart closes in quickly Anton ducks and rolls to the left, the cart misses him by a couple of inches but Anton jumps to his feet and sprints after the cart and manages to grab on to the cart, he jumps and climes aboard the passenger seat on the back of the cart.
He punches the greyhaired man in the back of the head with his elbow, the old man's face hits the steering wheel and a high pitched horn sounds as the car slowly halts to a stop.

"Damn you French bastards, always a menace on the road." Anton says grinning climbing in the front seat of the small cart and cuffing the arms dealer, he sets him next to him in the passenger seat.

Once again at the beginning of the golf course hejumps out of the small cart he pulls the elder man out of the passenger seat he carries the elderly man in his arms towards ‘his ‘ Porsche, openening the door and putting him in the passenger seat of the Porsche in the corner of his eye he spots something, he wants to turn around at the movement and a strange noise but then everything becomes black for his eyes.
***