- Text Size +
Chapter 10

After fourteen hours of sitting in first class, watching movies and catching up on some highly needed sleep Finnegan McManus arrives at the crowded and busy London airport. Grabbing his small briefcase from the storage places above him he calmly moves thru the airplane, reaching the front of the airplane he walked past the smiling stewardesses grabbing a free newspaper.

Exiting arrival hall he had to pass costumes, a young man sits behind a desk, "Your passport please." Finnegan hands over his papers, the young man flips thru the passport and types a couple of things into his computer, "Welcome to England." The man says holding up the passport, Finnegan nods and grabs his passport and walks towards the huge parking lot.

As soon as Finnegan is out of site the young man grabs his telephone and punches in a number, "Yes hello James, I think I just saw some suspicious looking bloke! One Finnegan McManus, blond, buzz cut, his passport said five feet seven and o yeah really short!"

***

A woman walks to a black Boxter holding a carton with two big plastic coffee cups, "Here you go Rach, now be a good girl and scoot over it's my day to drive." She says handing the other woman a cup and tossing the carton on the ground. "Oh come on, geez a break Sio. besides. we got a mission. get your ass in gear" Rachel says putting her coffee cup into the cup holder. As soon as the other woman gets into the car she puts down the handbrake and the car rockets off leaving a pair of thick rubber skid marks.

"So where is this 'mission'?" Siobhan says trying not to spill her coffee, "Dae ken, he was seen at the airport. wee blond boy, says from belfast. they're thinkin IRA." Rachel says cutting off some taxi driver.

***

"So how did he react when you told him? Did he piss himself?" Tony says staring at Abby's belly. "Well he was a little blown away at first, but he was great once he got used to the idea." She says with a big smile. "So have you two started thinking of names yes?" Ziva says also looking at Abby's belly. The two of them are both surprised when they both receive a hard slap on the head, turning around they both exclaim, "Boss!" Gibbs walks up to Abby and gives her a quick peck on the cheek, handing her a big Styrofoam cup, "How are you holding up?" he says taking a glance down at her belly.

"Well I think I know how all those Navy wives must feel when there hubby is on deployment." She says with a sad smile, taking a sip from the cup she doesn't recognize the taste so she peeks into the cup and gives Gibbs an awkward look, "What is this stuff?" Gibbs rolled his eyes and rotates the cup in her hands. It reads 'Mikes fruit smoothies' Abby gives Gibbs a fake pout, "Why no Caf-Pow?" he raises his hand to slap her but he doesn't and lowers it, "Ducky told me not to feed you anymore caffeine."

***

He is clicking on the remote of his car, 'Where the hell is that damn thing?' he thinks continuing his sweep of the massive parking lot. A silver coloured Mercedes SLR flashes its lights, he enters the car, "What the hell?" he looks to his right and spots the steering wheel as he gets out of the car he smacks himself on the back of the head.

He slides in the key and starts the engine, he looks to his left for the gearshift but there is no stick, 'Hmm, those Germans do love to mess with peoples minds." He grabs the steering wheel and spots two flippers behind the wheel he presses the right and the car kicks into gear, he rolls his eyes and shakes his head. Gently pressing the gas pedal he drives out of the huge parking lot and turns on the radio, the six 'o clock news just starts, he checks his watch it's twelve 'o clock in Washington, 'Time to get something to drink.' He says driving off to a pub.

From across the street two young woman sit in a black Porsche Boxter watching the SLR drive out of the parking lot, following the car to an Irish pub Siobhan sighs and says, "What is the mission, come on tell me, I'm hyper like a monkey!" Rachel switches gears and carefully follows the silver car. "Well where supposed to find out what he's about." She says with hesitation knowing the response of her colleague. "Yay! So we wait till he stops somewhere and we kidnap the bastard, right?" she says with a big grin, "No Sio, we're going to talk to him first." Rachel replies shaking her head.

***

"McGee, I couldn't find anything on his computer, apart from some games a butt load of music and tons of movies, but nowhere does he keep a diary or agenda." Abby says with a pouting lip. Tim gives Abby a look, "So what do you want me to do? Write his schedule?" he says with a chuckle, "No, I was thinking more in the line of hacking into the CIA to check there's." she says stabbing a finger in McGee's chest.

McGee's eyes widen, "You want me to do what?!", "I want you to hack into the CIA and find out what Anton is doing right now!" she replies snappy. He grabs a desk chair and gently pushes Abby away, "You better get me some Caf-Pow then." He says clicking on several applications and grabbing the remote of Abby's stereo and putting on some music.

Abby walks into her laboratory spotting McGee typing behind her computer she puts down a huge cup of Caf-Pow, "Now tell me what is he up to McGee?". Tim sighs and says, "Next time you look on his computer check out the desktop, he put a word file in the middle of his freaking desktop." Abby blinks her eyes a couple of times and then grabs Bert and squeezes him tightly, "So, what did it say?" McGee opens a word file and pushes himself away from the desk.

Abby leans in to read the small note, it says,

"Hey Sugar lips,

I'm in London and I'm gone for three to four days, I'm supposed to hunt down some dipsh!t that is selling classified information to terrorists. Don't worry about me, I was trained to do this sort of work.

Love ya, Anton.

P.S. don't worry about browsing on my computer, my mom always used to do that with my dad when he went on a mission."

***