- Text Size +
Chapter 8

Abby wakes up and has to squint her eyes to dim the bright lighting as she pushes herself to sit up she realises that she's on a metal slap in autopsy, Ducky has his back turned to her and is humming some melody.

"Ducky?" she says tapping him on his shoulder, Ducky turns around from other steel slap, a large bald man with an naked torso is laying on top of it, he has a strange dreamy smile on his face. "Ah, your awake my dear!" he says caressing her cheek.

"What happened, where is Anton?" Abby says trying to remember what happened, "McGee said he went to pickup his car at his house." He says pointing a small flashlight in her eyes checking the responsiveness of her pupils. Abby pushes Ducky aside and races out of autopsy going in the elevator, "Well if that isn't love then I don't know what love is." Ducky chuckles.

***

The Master Chief grabbed his throat and tried to breath, with an hardly audible rasp he falls to his knees and is opening his mouth like a goldfish. A fat balding man wearing a black apron fell to his knees also, his kneecap had a big hole in it prohibiting him from standing on his right leg.

As the balding man brings up his weapon to shoot again, Robbert shoots him in his right arm making the man drop his pistol. Robbert and Anton quickly move up to the man, Anton kicks away the pistol and sticks his pistol in the back of his pants grabbing his knife he shoves it into the mans nerve knot in his left shoulder.

Twisting the blade the man screams really loud, Anton lowers his face in front of the screaming man, "You're here in my house so lets go over my two house rules, rule number one: No one kills some one but me, two: Pissing me off is simply not done, so stealing my car to kidnap my girlfriend is defiantly not a good call!

He turned his head to Robbert and says, "Could you get me the little black satchel in the left corner of my closet, underneath my baseball stuff please." Robbert just nodded and walked into the bedroom returning with a black satchel. Kneeling down he unwrapped it and uncovered surgical tubing a taser and a very sharp knife, "Robbert it's best if you leave now, take Vega to NCIS and tell them what happened." He says pointing at the lifeless body of the Master Chief.

***

Anton sits in a chair in the office of director Sheppard calmly checking his reflection in his knife, Jenny walks into the room looking very pissed. "What where you thinking agent Halve?!" she yells at him, he just shrugs his shoulders and puts his knife away, "Just about doing my job." He replies dryly. She gets even angrier, "I want your badge and gun a letter isn't needed you are fired!" she yells holding out her hand.

He stands up and grins, "I don't give two squirts of piss, if this is what it takes to save the girl I love!" he says throwing his badge on her desk he then unholsters both his guns ejects the clips and drops both pistols on her desk. He walks out of the door without looking back, as he runs down the stairs he is met by Abby, she jumps in his arms nearly knocking him over.

He gently pushes her back holding her at arms length, "Abby thank god your okay, honey if you don't want to marry me then at least let me be there to protect you! If something happened to you it would probably be the end of me." He whispers to her softly. "Off course I'll marry you, who else is silly enough to marry a gothic scientist?" they embrace tightly and start a passionate kiss, Abby backs up, "Baby where are your pistols, you always carry them with you! What happened?" she asks him with a trembling voice.

"I no longer work for NCIS, the director kicked me out 'cus I tortured some bastard who killed a SEAL in front of me in my own damn apartment!" He says raising his voice a little, Abby's eyes go wide in shock, "Oh my god! That must have been awful for you!" she squeals clutching him tightly round his neck and smothering him with kisses. By now McGee and Ziva are watching them, "Ziva do you think that will ever happen to me?" McGee asks her, she rolls her eyes and says somewhat mockingly, "Yes off course McGee eventually even you will find someone that love you.".

***

*That same night*

Abby's wearing a classy red dress and is looking at her face in the mirror near her front door, as she fixes her makeup a bit the doorbell rings. She finishes her makeup and opens the door, a short blond man dressed in a freshly pressed black suit holding a black rose. "Hey baby, this is for you." He says with a big grin, she smiles takes the rose and kisses him on the lips, "So where are we going tiger?" she says grabbing her purse and closing the door.

Her jet-black pigtails gently sway in the wind, Abby shivers and cuddles up to Anton, "Are you doing this because you like me or because your cold?" he says with a fake angry look. She giggles, "Both, now be a gentleman and give me your jacket." she says shivering he quickly takes off his jacket and hangs it over her shoulders, "So you hungry yet?". She nods, "Yes I am!" he grins and opens up to the passenger door of his car, "Well then my fair lady, your chariot awaits."

***

"Honey, you shouldn't do this, you just got fired, you are going to have to keep an eye on your money!" Abby says looking at the restaurant, Anton shakes his head, "I've already got a new job, so don't worry about money!" he says grinning broadly. "Well tell me! What is it?!" she squeals, "Hey, I thought you where hungry!" he says pointing towards the restaurant.

As they go inside of the restaurant a woman dressed in a neat business suit smiles at them from behind a small desk, "Your name please." She states with a posh English accent. "Halve, h-a-l-v-e." he states also with a posh English accent, "Right this way, madam, sir." She says leading them towards a huge table with eight chairs neatly set up. Abby sits down with a puzzled look on her face and looks even more surprised when Anton gently pushes the chair forwards towards the table before sitting down himself.

The hostess leaves closing the door after her Abby bursts into laughter, "What's up with the accents? And why the hell does our table have six empty seats?" right on cue the door bursts open and Robbert barges in followed by Ducky and the rest of the team.

Anton looks oddly at Robbert, "You wearing a suit is just to weird!" Robbert shrugs and says, "Better get used to it bro, your going to see me wearing a lot of these things." The rest of the group looks a bit lost. He coughs and stands up besides his chair, "For those who don't know already, I got fired, yea it's true, don't give me that look Gibbs, she is the one that kicked me out!"

There is an awkward silence while Gibbs and Anton exchange glares, Abby tries to lighten the mood by asking, "So how did you get a job so quickly?" he turns towards Abby and smiles, "Okay I'll tell you, so right after I cleaned out my desk I went home and there where a pair of G-man blocking my freaking front door. So I push them aside tell them to piss off-" Tony cuts him of with a loud snort and rolls his eyes, "Sure you did Lo-ki." Ziva slaps his head. "Thank you Ziva, so these G-man follow me inside my apartment and there is this other guy there sitting behind my computer, he's browsing thru my files! This guy acts like he owns the place, he asks me if I like to work for him." His phone is buzzing, he answers it and says, "Yeah, off course, two days from now? Yes ma'am will do!" he closes his phone and looks up, everybody is staring at him.

"What?!" he says a little louder than he meant, "Well you where right in the middle of telling us what you are going to do for a living!" Abby says poking him in his left side, he grunts. Abby gives him an odd look, "Please not my left side, got shot there today." She gives him a kiss on his cheek, "If that's what it takes to get you to tell us where you work now, than be weary for more pokes coming your way." She giggles and kisses him again.

"Okay I'll tell you, I got a job at Langley, somebody obviously told the CIA I was out of a job." He says giving Robbert a knowing look. "What?!" everybody yells surprised, "Come on lad, tell us more!" Ducky says, "I will, but first I want some food." He presses a button underneath the table sending a signal to a waiter.

***

After a while when everybody's eating, Ducky gives Anton a nudge. "Okay, so I got a new job, only thing I'm aloud to tell you is that I'm going on a short mission to England." He pauses to take a sip of his cola. "But the real reason I asked ya'll to get dressed all fancy is to witness this." He says getting up and pushing his chair out of the way, getting down on one knee and reaching inside his jacket he takes out a small box, "Miss Abigail Sciuto, will you take this ring and be my bride and become Mrs Halve?" everybody is silently staring at Abby and the ring. After what seems an eternity Abby smiles.

***