- Text Size +
Story Notes:
For those who miss Trouble and Problem...this is your chance!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jaclyn and Joshua Todd are with having fun with Robert Gibbs.
Title : Trouble and Problem meet Drool
Genre : Established relationship, Humor
Rating : PG
Disclaimer : NCIS…Definitely NOT mine!

Outtakes from "Trouble and Problem" and "Drool", this time McGee is included in the story.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 the waiting

It was a fine evening, marking summer in the suburban Washington DC; at the corner of a peaceful neighborhood yard stood a two-storey house along with its lot and backyard, little do people know that there is a boat in the house's basement.

A little boy is sitting on the steps of his front terrace, supporting his tired head with his hands, he seems restless, once in a while he stretches his neck, looks to his right and left, waiting…waiting for the arrival for his "best-coolest-favorite" cousins in the whole world!

The little boy is Robert Jethro Gibbs, he calls himself Bobby; he has wavy brown hair that his dad loves to mess with and he has a set of beautiful blue eyes that his mother adores.
He is now two and a half years old, about the same age as his Cousin Jaclyn the first time she met then Boss Gibbs, who is now his daddy, and things were a little bit complicated!
Last week, he found out from his mother that Cousin Jaclyn and Joshua are coming to DC and staying in his house for part of their summer holiday.

The chubby two and a half year old jumped and ran around his mother, who was still on the phone, he could not wait for his cousins to arrive at his house, imagine a full week of fun! He's been counting the days since that night.
Robert barely remembers the time he spent with his cousins, the last time they saw Robert, he was nine months old; after that they just talked over the phone.

This morning, as he wakes up, the first sentence to his dad was, "Jaclyn, Joshua here daddy?"
Then his dad messed his already messy hair and told him they'll be here TODAY! And then he made him go down for his breakfast because his mother is already waiting.
Robert already asked for his parents' permission for his cousins to sleep in "his basement" and they said yes! So this morning before his dad went to work, he placed two roll away beds in his room, one on each side of his smaller sized bed; of course he helped by carrying the pillows and blanket needed.

See, his mommy has grown "big" to his eyes, her stomach is growing, she doesn't walk so fast anymore and she walks funny. She has something growing inside her and it moves too!
Months ago, his dad had another "man talk" with him in the basement while he was helping his dad building his boat. His dad talked about his mother's condition, that she shouldn't be too tired and that he is a big boy now, it is about time for him not to make too much mess in the house; he is going to be an older brother. But his dad refused to answer when he asked whether they were going to have a boy or a girl, because he really wants a boy or a dog.
--------------------------------------------------

This morning, as soon as Robert went downstairs, before he had his breakfast he slipped out to his front porch in his pajamas. Just to make sure! In case his cousins arrived, knocked on the door and nobody happened to hear.
He stands in front of the door, concerned that they already left because nobody hears them knocking, until his father pulls him inside the house for his breakfast.

Robert slipped out to the front porch again after he finished his breakfast; his dad was laughing at him when he found him still in his pajamas sitting on the stairs of the porch as he was about to leave for work.
His dad has to drag him inside for the second time, this time his mother locked the front door, he noticed. His dad told him to wait inside the house and his uncle and aunt will arrive with Jaclyn and Joshua hopefully by lunch time.
The toddler busied himself in the kitchen, storing away yesterday's grocery which Abby, his mom and he purchased. They bought plenty of "Robert's forbidden sweet food", it was fun!
His mom said that he could have one piece of sweet each day with his cousins.

Abby and old Ducky told him stories about how his cousins got him mom and dad together, Robert loves hearing the stories, especially about Cousin Jaclyn about to get spanked by his fierce mom, he received a spanking too, but just the once!
Robert often made Ducky retell the stories when Ducky spent the night in his house.

After he finished his lunch and stored his candy as neatly as possible in his designated cupboard in the kitchen, he was fidgeting, impatient; he decided to call his dad.
He pressed the speed dial button number 1, that's NCIS HQ; months ago his dad taught him, so he can reach his dad in case of emergency. But since then, Robert often calls the HQ to speak to his dad, Ducky and his NCIS friends.
The operators already know his voice by heart and they connect him with whoever he wishes to speak, IF they are not busy! His mom is very particular about that! Unfortunately, when he called the HQ, the operator told him that his dad was out of the office and he asked for his Ducky, naturally.

"Ducky, Autopsy"
"Ducky! Joshua and Jaclyn are not here!!!" Robert complaints
"Oh, be patient young man, they'll be there soon and we are going to have fun. I promise, OK? Now, be good and run along. Have you memorized the numbers and letters I taught you?" The ME distracts the boy, asking his grandson sweetly.
Tony is in the Autopsy room with Ducky, they were dissecting a drowning victim found last night, when the talkative ME picks up the intercom.
Listening to Ducky answering the call, Tony knows right away that Ducky is talking to Gibbs's boy, who learned to call the HQ three months ago.

Tony is still engrossed at the bloated corpse on the slab, he can hears Ducky voice approving Robert over the phone, the schmuck is smart, Tony admits.
The boy asks lots of questions which he doesn't even know the answers for, he has potential and the aging NCIS ME makes sure that the boy learns to his full potential, and never once does Tony hears the boy complain.

"So…Trouble and Problem are coming to town and they are arriving today." Tony speaks to the ME as soon as the ME hung up, the sometimes grumpy ME is always in a better mood after he has been with Robert.
"Oh yes Antony! I cannot wait!" Ducky exclaims and beams at the corpse!
"Me too! I plan to take them out, to paint the town red Ducky!" Tony rubs his palms together in anticipation.
"Paint the town RED??? And what do you think you are going to do with them? Where are you taking them? And can you handle three very active children at the same time? I don't think so Anthony!!!" The overtly protective old man questions the senior agent.
"It's a surprise Ducky!!!" Tony winks at the unhappy ME, who is about to start talking again, when he is interrupted by the arrival of a sweet tattooed girl.
"Oh no, Tony! I am taking them out, I've told Kate!" Abby walks into the Autopsy room in her white coat.
Ducky exhales, "and where are you taking three under age children Abigail?" Ducky looks at her sternly, not very pleased with her intention of taking three children out.
Before Abby can answers Ducky, he continues…as usual, "I hope, not to one of your "PHAT" parties, Abby", and he goes on while Abby and Tony are looking at each other.
"You know, I don't understand you guys nowadays. What is the fascination with the night life, what do they call it?....Clubbing! Yes! Clubbing! And the underground…" suddenly Ducky realized that the two of them have left him alone, he was talking to himself and the bloated corpse! Never mind, at least the corpse doesn't cut his sentences.
----------------------------------------------

"Robert Jethro Gibbs! How many times do I have to drag you inside the house?" Kate is standing by the door, talking to her son who is sitting on the steps of the front porch; she notices a few of his gun collection are neatly lined up beside him.

"It is almost dark Bobby, c'mon…come inside the house, we can hear them from inside" Kate tries, she drags her son for the third time today.
"Bobby is waiting for Jaclyn and Joshua" he answers morosely, it has been too long. He's waited for hours, he tidied his room, memorized his numbers…and yet no news on his cousins, and its already late, judging from the orange streaks from the sun who is about to go to bed.

Kate feels sorry for him, but tries really hard to hide her laughter; what a scene, the boy with lines of his toy guns on his side. "Bobby, they'll be here...", then both of them hear the familiar sound, followed by a familiar car driving towards their lot. Robert looks up to the car.

Gibbs is wearing his glasses now; he can clearly see his wife and son by the porch, he smiles at the scene, sees them wave at him…and "DADDY!!! Joshua and Jaclyn NOT HERE!!!" the kid bellows, about to run towards the car, but Kate holds his elbow and only lets him go when the car stops.
"Daddy wait! Bobby open!!!" he loves opening car doors, and he opens the door for his dad.

Usually his dad would swoop him in his arms and place him on his shoulder. "Daddy, Joshua and Jaclyn are not here!" he sounds like a broken record.
"I know Robert, I know…let's wait inside" He calms him down as he strides towards the house.
As he reached the door, he slipped Robert down and kissed his head. Then he kissed his wife and her bulging belly.
Robert finds his dad's latest habit funny! He looks at his dad and laughs at him.

He comments while laughing, "Daddy kissed mummy's fat tummy!!!"
"Mommy's tummy is NOT fat Bobby!" Kate complaints half heartedly.
"Yes! Mummy's tummy is fat!"
Robert looks at his mom in a funny way, it is obvious!
"Tony said too! And Tony said mummy will be fatter!!!" He explains as he raises his arms, describing to his parents just how Tony described his fat mom to him weeks ago.
"Bloody Tony" Kate murmurs, "Poisoning my son's mind", and their next door neighbors can hear Gibbs's laughter and few seconds later a painful yelp.

The trio enters the house. Gibbs is still rubbing his pinched side and he hasn't even locked the door, when suddenly Robert stops in his tracks, listens carefully and without warning, releases his hand from his dad's, opens the main door and dashes outside.
Gibbs realized that he needs to get back in the field, he can't even catch his son who is not even three years old, he misses catching his hand by a split second.

Gibbs quickly runs after his son, who is now screaming at the top of his lungs: "JACLYN! JOSHUA!" jumping excitedly before he makes a mad dash to the car.
Finally Gibbs manages to snatch his elbow, "Robert! What did I tell about running towards cars!" he says sternly, but he doesn't have the heart to scold him.
Robert is obviously delirious, his cousins have arrived in his lot, "Daddy! Jaclyn! Joshua!" unable to form a complete sentence as he tries to wriggle out of his dad's grip, pulling himself away from his dad.
Kate laughs, waving her hand at them.
Seconds later, they can hear more deafening happy screams: "AUNT KATIEEE! JETHROOO! BOBBY!"
Jaclyn and Joshua each stick half of their body by the car's window.

Kate sees her brother shaking his head, while her sister in law covers both her ears as their kids scream – it is already six in the evening.
Gibbs can not contain his son's happiness anymore, Robert has been pleading at him with his eyes, wanting to get close to the moving car. As soon as the car stops at his lot, he lets go of Robert's hand.

The tot runs to the car and opens the door on Joshua's side; at the same time Joshua opens the door, and the six years old picks his cousin and struggles to lift him up by his waist.
Jeremy, Kate's brother, swoops down to his nephew and throws him into the air while his children are circling him.
Robert laughs cheerfully as he is thrown into the air a couple of times.

Jeremy realizes that the boy is not light.
He asks "What did your mommy feed you Bobby???"
"Chicken" he answers smugly, and they all laugh.
"My turn, my turn" Jaclyn tugs her dad.
"Oh no Jaclyn! You are too big now," her mom intervenes.
By that time, Kate and Gibbs reached the circus.
Trouble and Problem sweetly kisses their aunt and her fat tummy, and they both lunge at Jethro…at the same time, they are now big and strong enough to make their ex marine uncle move a couple of steps back.

Robert is still sitting on his uncle's shoulder, clapping his hands – his cousins and their family has arrived, his house is going to be full and merry.
"Come into Bobby's house" he said to all of them, inviting his guests in and the fun is about to start.
----------------------------------

-Tbc-nova2007-BETA (MV)

This is ‘new' to me, making Jaclyn and Joshua return to their aunt and uncle…this time with Robert, joining the fun.
Let me know what you think.

Let me know what you think...
Chapter End Notes:
For those who miss Trouble and Problem...this is your chance!