- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Mac and Pullman pulled up outside the house of Helen Rankin. They got out and realized they had beaten her home. "Should we wait in the car?" Pullman asked.
"No" Mac said simply, striding over to the front door and pulling on the handle, it was locked.
"So now do we sit in the car?"
"I stutter or something?" she said, turning back to the door. Ho couldn't see what se was doing, but suddenly the door sprang open. "Come on" she said, walking straight into the living room of the house.
"Um, ma'am, we should be here without a warrant"
"Don't call me ma'am, it's agent Sciuto or Mac" she said, looking around the room, not really paying attention to Daniel.
"Agent Sciuto, a car just pulled up, we should really go"
"Oh calm down Daniel, what's the harm?"
"It's illegal"
"Since when has that ever stopped me?" she said, turning to face the door as a man and a woman entered. Mac recognized the woman as Helen Rankin, but not the man. She had short blond hair, was about 5'5" and of medium build. He was at least 6'3" and had long dark hair. He looked confused to see people, especially Pullman as he had his hands down the back of Helen Rankin's trousers. He pulled them out when he saw the look on Mac's face. He had red lipstick smears running form this cheek, right down below his shirt line.
"Is this your…" he started towards Rankin. His accent sounded eastern European to Mac.
"No, that's not my husband Yakiv" she said, just as confused as him. Pullman didn't know what to do, he just stood there staring at them, his brown eyes unable to move.
"Mrs. Rankin, I'm special agent Sciuto, NCIS" Mac said, showing her credentials.
"What is that?"
"Naval Criminal Investigative Service" she said, never getting used to people not knowing. "I have some news for you."
"What?
"You're husband is dead" she said flatly. Normally she would have sugar-coated it, but considering that the woman was having an affair, she didn't care. The woman shook a bit, but didn't seem all that effected at first. Then she collapsed into fits of tears in front of them all, her lover trying to console her, getting whacked in the face by her instead.
"You cold blooded bitch!" she yelled, running at Mac full pelt. Mac easily moved out of the way and slammed her again the wall, slapping the cuffs round her wrists.
"That wasn't a good plan" she hissed in the woman's ear.
"Ouch, they are tight" she squealed
"You should have thought about that before you ran at me bitch" she said, tightening the cuffs even more. "Pullman, put her in the car" ac said, handing her off to him.
"Yes Ma'am" he said, but caught the look in her eyes, "Agent Sciuto" he corrected himself.
"Bye" Mac said, passing Yakiv as she followed Pullman out.

"Hey, what did you decide?" Tony asked Mac as she entered the bullpen,
"I arrested her, Pullman is taking her to interrogation."
"Why arrest?"
"Well, she called me a cold hearted bitch and tried to plough me down"
"Fair enough. Why the insult"
"I told her flat out her husband was dead because she was having an affair"
"Ooh, ouchie. I smell motive"
"Aye, either her or the lover"
"What's he like?"
"Ukrainian, by the looks of things, an artist. Oh yeah, some woman love ‘em"
"How'd you get Ukrainian, he tell you?"
"Accent my friend, always gives it away"
"Tell that to my Canadian friend Celine Saint-Pierrre"
"Hm, true" she admitted.
"I put her in interrogation one ma'am" Pullman said, re-entering the bullpen.
"Ooh, probie." Tony started. "I wouldn't call her ma'am unless you want your face messed up and be doomed never to walk again"
"What he said" Mac added.
"So, interrogation. Me, you or Kate? What'll it be?"
"Do you even have to ask?"
"Try not to injure her" Tony said, following Mac to interrogation