- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Why was Gibbs grinning so much at the end of "Cover Story" (Season 4), and what does Abby have to say about her fictional counterpart's love life?
Off-topic author's note: I'm not one to beg readers for feedback, nor do I hold my stories/chapters for ransom (by saying, "Give me X number of reviews or else I won't update"). However, I am curious about something: would it be a waste of my time to write a long, canon-esque Gibbs/Abby story I've been thinking about for months? Should I commit to this project? Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated. Regardless, please enjoy this fic and have a great day!


Title: Back in the Well
Author: Evelyn Benton
Rating: All Ages
Date: 04/10/07
Category: Drabble
Genre: Romance, General, Humor
Fandom: NCIS (Gibbs/Abby)
Archive: Stellar Phenomena, the NCIS Fan Fiction Archive, and FanFiction.net; all others, please ask.
Disclaimer: CBS and Belisarius Productions own NCIS; I own this not-for-profit fan fiction; no copyright infringement is intended.
Summary: Why was Gibbs grinning so much at the end of "Cover Story" (Season 4), and what does Abby have to say about her fictional counterpart's love life?




"Why were you cracking up?" Abby asked, taking the proffered Caf-Pow.

"When?"

She shot Gibbs a look. Both knew her question concerned McGee confessing McGregor's love for Abby's fictional counterpart Amy.

"I wasn't." Gibbs lifted Abby's chin, his fingers taking the opportunity to caress her jawline before placing a kiss on her cheek.

Gibbs left the lab. With a pleased smile unseen by Abby, he reflected upon his wicked thought from the previous night: That's my girl! Throw little Timmy back in the well.

Likewise, Abby knowingly smiled to herself, saying aloud, "Maybe now there's hope for Amy and Tibbs."




END