- Text Size +
Paris

"Boss, we've been here for three whole weeks. No one has seen Kate, Ari, or any of his crew." Tony said sorrowfully sitting down on a bench in the middle of a beautiful green park.
"Tony!! Kate would have never given up on you if you were missing, but we've only been here seven days and you are already ready to give up on her." McGee pointed out angrily.
"Tony's right Tim." Gibbs murmured regretfully. "We've exhausted all of our resources and we are just wasting our time here in Paris. It's time to go home."
"How can you guys just give up?! Kate is strong, she is still out there!"
"Tim, there is no where else for us to look. Sometimes you just have to face facts."
"This isn't you Gibbs! Why are you saying these things??"
"McGee, I have received orders from directors of all the agencies including ours! Everyone else has pulled out. There is nothing I can do!! If Kate is still out there she'll let us know. Until then we have to wait for her… at home. I don't like this any more than you guys do, but I have been holding them of for the last week and now there are threatening to have us arrested and we are no use to Kate behind bars!!" Gibbs shouted using exaggerated arm gestures as he did so.



NCIS Headquarters
Tony, McGee and Gibbs all sat at their desks in the dark. Each one of them stares at Kate's desk. Director Shepard, who became director the day Gibbs and the team left for Paris, walks quietly down the stairs behind Tony's desk.
"I understand how you're all feeling right now," she said walking to stand in front of Kate's Desk. She faced the team. "But she has been gone for over seven months. It's time to let go. A new agent will be joining your team tomorrow." There was only silence. She bowed her head as she walked away. "I'm sorry."



Tony's Apartment

Tony was sprawled out on his couch watching re-runs of the x-files. There was a light knock on his door. He walked quietly to the door. He had on jean with no shoes and he was wearing a nice dress shirt un-buttoned showing his nicely tanned abs. He opened in the door. Standing in the hall was Kate. She was wearing pointy, black, shiny boots that went up to her knees but were covered by a pair of black pants. She had on a white blouse with a black suit jacket. Her hair was curled in ringlets and was pulled over one shoulder. It was long and grown out. She was much more beautiful then he remembered.
"Oh my god." He whispered staring at her. She pushed him out of the way and let herself in quickly closing the door and locking it.
"Tony…" she whispered walking over to peek threw the blindson the window. "I need your help."