- Text Size +
I know this is short but it a filler chapter I just wanted to post something for everyone.

Chapter 8:

"Put me down you ogre!" Don grunted when a fist connected with his back for such a little thing Kristy sure had a strong right hook. His arm tightened around the back of her knees to keep the squirming brunette from falling onto her head. She finally gave up on pounding on his back and had found a new target. He cursed darkly when she garbed his ear and twisted it.

He could hear Megan snickering from her place at the table as well as Charlie and his father. He had to admit the woman who was tossed across his shoulder never gave up. She still continued to struggle until he finally lost his grip and she tumbled off his shoulder. He spun around just in time to see her heading out the back door. Yanking open the front door he stumbled down the stairs and spotted her running toward her rental car. He was able to grab her by the waist and carried her kicking and cursing toward his waiting SUV.

Before she had time to slip away again he shoved her into the passenger seat and hurried around the car and slid into his seat before she had time to react and quickly locked the doors. Kristy snorted yea like she didn't know how to unlock a door and she was a seasoned pro when it came to jumping out of moving cars. When she was still working with NCISRA it used to be the only way to get out of the car when Mike was driving, but by the look of his current mood she wasn't going to push it she had proved her point, but then again. Flicking the lock on her door she tossed it open and jumped out.

………………………….

Kate sighed and snuggled into Tony's side while bringing the comforter up to her neck. This was bliss. Sleeping in late on a Saturday morning warm under the covers and a deliciously gorges man cuddle up next to her. Yes she could definitely get used to this. She cursed when some undistinguishable tune sounded from Tony's cell phone. Nudging him softly with her elbow she bit her lip to keep her laughter at bay. "Five more minuets mom." Tony whined.

Nudging him again "I'd like an number six with onions, extra cheese, pickles." He murmured.

"Tony!" she yelled and Tony shot up almost falling off the bed in the process and grabbed his cell phone.

"DiNozzo." He answered sleepily.

"What the hell took you so long?!" Ziva demanded.

Tony smiled sheepishly even though his boss couldn't see him. "Sorry Zi-vah I was a sleep."

"Whatever that's not why I called. Kristy disappeared."

Tony's aw dropped open. "Huh?"

"She apparently jumped out of Don's car and was able to get into her rental and take off." Ziva chuckled in spite of the situation.

Tony snickered "Told ‘ya she wouldn't go quietly." Tony bragged. "What happened?" Kate questioned and Tony held up a finger indicating for her to wait.

"Yes, you did, but Gibbs is on the war path. He's parked in Abby's lab demanding that she find her." Ziva finished her tone back to its normal surliness.

"Good luck with that. Have fun Zi-vah!" Tony smiled.

"DiNozzo don't you hang…."Ziva began but Tony snapped his phone shut.

………………..

"…on me." Ziva finished and glowered at her phone before tossing it on the table. She frowned when her phone rang and noted the name on the LCD and quickly ran to the lab. Gibbs looked up rather irritated when Ziva skidded into the room.

"Gibbs Kristy's calling me." Ziva stated pointing needlessly to her phone.

"Abby trace the call and put it on speaker." Gibbs ordered and Abby snatched the phone away from the agent and signaled Ziva to answer it as Abby flipped open the phone.

"David." Ziva answered calmly.

"Nice try Ziva." Kristy chuckled. "Hey Abbs, Gibbs."

Gibbs jaw tightened. "Where the hell are you?" he demanded.

"Somewhere safe…well going somewhere safe." Kristy answered nonchalantly.

"Agent you get here now. This is not up for debate you are going into protective custody." Gibbs snapped the stress finally taking its toll on him.

Kristy frowned. "I'm not your Agent anymore. You can't order me to do anything." Kristy objected.

Ziva watched wide eyed as Gibbs' face turned several different shades of red. "I'd have to except your resignation for you not to be my agent." Gibbs practically growled.

Kristy sighed "I don't care what you except Sir." Kristy added just to annoy him, "No one will find me where I'm going and neither will you because after this conversation. This phone will be at the bottom of the Pacific. Good-Bye Gibbs." She stated before her phone clicked off.

"Tell me you have a location." Gibbs growled.

Abby sighed "Yea, the Pacific Ocean."

"Then track the damn rental car!" Gibbs snapped.

……………………………

Tim McGee was a dead man it was that simple. If Gibbs found out…well he really didn't want to think about what Gibbs might do to him. When he had stepped out of the office to get a few hours sleep, breakfast and a shower he really didn't think he'd be sharing his rental car with Kristy Madison. He had made the mistake of answering an number he didn't know.

Kristy had a way of getting him to do just about anything. He feared her and she knew it and relished in the fact. So when she had asked him to pick her up from outside CalSci he had complied. At least she had paid for breakfast. Now he had the oh so wonderful job of hiding her location. He knew since Tony was guarding Kate that he didn't have to worry about him asking questions about his as Tony called ‘Probie Syndrome' hell it was now secret that when his was hiding something his left eye twitched, but it was the long winded corner that worried him.

He just popped up every now and then but he too was a familiar with ‘PS' and to make it worse Ziva and Abby both women had an uncanny ability for sensing when he was hiding or not telling them something. That's why he had so few secrets anymore. Abby would nag it out of him until he finally broke and Ziva, well Ziva would twist his wrist behind his back until he gave. Needless to say he liked Abby's method more. When did his co-workers become so damn nosey?

Now all he had to do was drop her at the airport. For the life of him he didn't know why he was doing this. The threat of bodily harm was one theory and maybe just a bit of sympathy. He knew Kristy probably better than most of the team. She had been there to listen as he got out his fears with the Ari situation, but she also opened up to him.

Never about her parents but about her Uncle Larry and how she liked to do things on her own terms he understand that. That's why he hoped like hell she would forgive him for what he was about to do. He sighed and glanced at the road and fiddled with his wrist watch.

………………….

Abigail Sciuto didn't like to be out smarted not by anyone. Grumbling she slurped at her caffeinated beverage and tried to locate Kristy's rental car. Although it didn't help that she had Don Eppes pacing behind her asking every minuet if she had anything. She glanced up alarmed when a low siren sound whistled through the lab. Her hand instinctively grabbed her cell phone from her lab coat pocket and flipped open the device.

She cursed when she saw black bat logo with a frown moving along the grid.

"GIBBS!" she yelled knowing the older man wasn't far. Seconds later Gibbs flew in with Jenny and Ziva behind him.

"What?"

"McGee's sending out a distress call." Abby wailed as she shoved the high tech gadget at her technology challenged boss. She quickly relayed the location to Gibbs and rushed him out the door.

……………………..

By the time Gibbs and Ziva arrived at the location the rental car was smashed into a hydrant and McGee was sitting on the curb across from the new fountain display he created. Kristy was next to him hands cuffed behind her back and his blue silk tie shoved in her mouth. McGee was sporting a split lip and blackened eye as well as a semi bloody nose. No doubt the handy work of the seething agent next to him.