- Text Size +
Chapter 10

"Meet me in 20 minutes," Gibbs said shortly into his cell phone. "You know where." He disconnected, and then immediately made his way to the park. He watched as Fornell parked his car near his own, and crossed the grass to sit next to him on the bench.
"You wanna tell me exactly what you have my agent mixed up in, Tobias?" Gibbs asked sternly. "McGee filled me in this morning."
"Yeah, he told me," Fornell answered. He breathed a long sigh. "She's like a daughter to me, Jethro."
"So why aren't you protecting her?" Gibbs asked.
"If there were any real threat, I would be," he answered. "Julie was in trouble, and she was attacked, but the FBI had this wrapped up before your agent even came into the office today."
"So why are you messing with him?" Gibbs asked in frustration.
Fornell shrugged his shoulders in acquiescence. "I've done my homework, Jethro. I've never met a man more perfect for my Jules than your Agent McGee."
Gibbs looked at him incredulously. "You're matchmaking?"
"Fate brought them together; I just extended the stay," Fornell explained with a smirk.
"You sneaky bastard," Gibbs said with a sideways grin.
"Diane says I've been spending too much time with you," he teased.
"That's the kiss of death," Gibbs admitted. "So, how long are you going to make them suffer?"
"I figure I'll tell them tomorrow. Or Sunday." The two men laughed. Tim and Julie were definitely in trouble now.

---

"Your tattoo says Mom?" Julie asked, hiding a chuckle.
"It was a spur of the moment thing," he explained. "Think of it as ‘wow' upside down," he suggested with a blush. She laughed.
"That'll work," she said as she leaned back onto the bed and pulled him down toward her.
Gentle, almost worshipful caresses quickly became heated as the two became better acquainted. Tim kissed her deeply as his hands roamed her body, removing her underwear. Julie whimpered when he broke the kiss and pulled away from her. Tim smiled as he tossed her panties aside and returned his attention to her. She thought of how nice his smile was just before she lost all power to think.
Later, Julie and Tim lay on their backs, side by side, both of them breathing very heavily.
"Your tattoo is right," she said. Tim turned his head to look at her in confusion. "Wow!" They laughed together for a moment before Tim gave in to his baser instincts and kissed her again.
"Again?" she asked in surprise.
"Why not?" he countered with a grin.
"Double wow!" she answered, returning his kiss. "Triple wow?" she queried.
"Don't press your luck," he quipped.

---

The phone startled them awake early the next morning.
"Yeah," Tim mumbled into his phone in greeting.
"Good morning, Probie!" Tony shouted gleefully. At least Tim assumed he was shouting. It was very loud. He mumbled an unintelligible response.
"Who is it?" Julie asked softly, rolling over to face Tim.
"I knew it!" Tony said even louder. Tim snapped the phone shut and turned it off. "That was a co-worker. He's a big butt sometimes," Tim explained.
"I'm sure," she agreed with a smirk.
"Can we go back to sleep now?" he asked, his voice betraying his fatigue. Although they had retired to the bedroom at a fairly early hour the night before, their extra-curricular activities had kept them awake until long into the morning.
Julie moved closer to Tim, draped one leg across his and an arm across his chest. "Sounds good to me," she said, snuggling closely beside him.

---

A pounding on the door awoke them a second time, this time not so early.
"Jules?" Fornell called through the door.
"Oh my God!" she said, scrambling from the bed. She pulled on her underwear and one of Tim's t-shirts and ran for the door, while Tim quickly dressed.
"Sorry, I slept a little late," she admitted. "Do you have any news?"
"We've picked up the guys who assaulted you, and are working on wrapping everything up with those responsible," he stalled.
"How much longer do I have to stay here?" she asked, just as Tim walked around the corner. He stopped short, his expression unreadable.
"It shouldn't be long, Dollface," he assured her as he pulled her close for a hug.
"Thanks for everything, Uncle Toby," she said with a sigh.
"Thanks for taking care of my girl, Tim," Fornell said, acknowledging his presence in the room.
"My pleasure," he answered, almost sadly.
"I'll call you when I have more news," he informed them. "You might want to turn your phone back on," he winked at Tim.
"Yes, sir," Tim replied, ignoring the wink and teasing tone.

---

"What's wrong?" Julie asked after Fornell had left.
"Nothing," Tim said, walking quickly out of the room and shutting the bathroom door.
"Tim?!" she called out to him. The only response was the sound of water running in the shower. "Great," she mumbled, taking a seat on the bed to wait.