- Text Size +
EPILOGUE

After dropping Julie off at the door of restaurant, Tim parked his Porsche, set the anti-theft alarm and made his way to the entrance. Julie had waited for him just inside. He smiled at her and took her arm. He still felt like a million bucks when he was with her. Over the past month he had been able to show confidence that she was sure he had already possessed, but he knew was all because of her.

The waiter led them to a secluded table and presented them with a bottle of champagne.
"Thank you," Tim said as the waiter began to pour a generous amount into two beautiful glass flutes.
"None for me, thanks," Julie told the waiter with a smile. The waiter nodded and left them alone.
"What's wrong?" Tim asked, slightly panicked. "I know we have similar tastes in wine and champagne… did I make a poor choice?" he asked, his words showing his desire to please her.
Julie smiled warmly at him. "You made a perfect choice," she said simply. "But there's a little something I've been meaning to tell you," she began. She met his gaze; her eyes, full of joy, mirrored in his, full of concern. His mind was running about a thousand miles a minute as the thought of the various things that could be wrong with her. His breathing became slightly labored, and his face flushed a slight pink. Recognizing the signs of his panic, Julie reached for his hand. "I'm okay, Tim," she assured him. "I'm pregnant."

He couldn't breathe for almost an entire minute. He was definitely in trouble now.