- Text Size +
Chapter 3

McGee sat in his computer chair, ran his hand through his hair and sighed. He never thought for a moment his evening would end this way. Of course he knew there was a chance there could be a woman in his place tonight, but not one he had only just met. He listened to her singing in his shower and chuckled to himself. "What kind of woman gets attacked by forces unknown to her, and then sings in the shower?" he asked himself. He picked up his phone and called Agent Fornell's cell phone. After a brief explanation, the agent informed him he would be there soon.

After hearing the water stop running, Tim made the mistake of thinking about what she was probably doing at that moment. Into his mind flashed the image of her long, dark red hair hanging wet down her naked back. Water droplets dripped off her ivory skin as she grabbed a towel and began to dry herself. He let his imagination wander a little too far into certain parts of her anatomy, when his own began to respond. "Crap," he thought to himself, just as he heard her coming out of the bathroom. He blushed deeply, and hoped she wouldn't notice his arousal.


After toweling off, Julie shrugged into the t-shirt and sweat shorts Tim had left for her. She wrapped her hair in the towel and padded out into his bedroom.
"Tim?" she asked hesitantly.
"In here," McGee replied, moving to stand behind the back of the chair, hoping she wouldn't have the opportunity to notice the bulge in his trousers. He shook his head and tried to think of anything he could to make his problem go away. "Dead kitties… Abby said she loved you like a puppy… farting hippos… puking on Ducky's shoes in autopsy," he thought to himself, relaxing as his thoughts achieved the desired affect. But now he was nauseous.
He motioned for her to sit in the chair, and he took the ointment and bandages from the first aid kit. He tended her wounds gently, but was careful not to miss anything. He got angry as he noted the skin that was already bruising, as well as the numerous cuts on her beautiful skin. She winced when he added ointment to the cut on her knee. He leaned down and blew on the wound, as you would for a child, making Julie smile. McGee wished he had tried harder to apprehend her attackers. He vowed to himself that he would see them taken down.


At his knock, McGee immediately welcomed Fornell into the apartment. Julie was so excited to see her own things that she didn't even ask him how he got in her room. Of course, he was an FBI agent. McGee was sure he had his ways.
"I couldn't get everything, doll," Tobias said with a smile.
"Oh, that's okay," she answered with a huge smile. "I appreciate what you did do," she gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek.
"Agent McGee, could we have a moment alone?" Fornell asked.
"Of course, sir," McGee answered. "I have my cell phone if you need me."