- Text Size +
---------------

Abby hung back in the doorway to the gym, hoping against hope that Gibbs had gotten called away and they could skip this.

She didn't have that much luck and she jumped when his voice teased from behind her, "Nice sneakers."

Looking down at her black and white Converse All Stars she couldn't help but smile as she caught a glimpse of the same sneakers on his feet.

"C'mon. I can't teach you anything until you let go of that doorjamb." He teased further as he took her elbow and led her over the to the floor mat.

Abby wanted to die, well maybe not die, but certainly wouldn't have been opposed to the idea of the floor opening up and swallowing her. She was positive that everyone was staring at her.

In reality no one in the gym paid them any attention, at least overtly. There wasn't anyone present that was stupid enough to get on the wrong side of Gibbs, especially if it involved Abby. Everyone in the building knew that. But Tony and Ziva felt no such restraint as they cheerfully brought up the feed from the gym's security camera on the plasma in the bullpen. They had a fresh bag of chips and sat back waiting for the show to start.

Gibbs started teaching Abby the basics and, as he knew she would be, Abby was a quick study. Gibbs and Abby had always been comfortable with being physical with each other, hugs and shoulder rubs often abounded. But as they went through move after move on the mat and had more and more direct contact they both began to notice things…changing.

Abby decided in her mind that it was pheromones. They were sweating and the close proximity was drowning her in his scent. Pheromones. That had to be it. It couldn't be the way his muscles felt or the little boyish grin he kept giving her. No, it had to be chemically induced. It couldn't be the way his strong hands were on her or his breath in her ear telling her what to do next. Yep, it had to be chemically induced, because if not then that meant…

He should have known this was a bad idea. Maybe it was her perfume. That little hint of gun powder kept tickling his nose and it invoked the sensation of danger in his mind and was keeping his senses on edge. Why else would the feel of her hand on arm make it tingle? Why else would he notice that she fit against him perfectly as he had himself plastered to her back as he spoke instructions in her ear? It had to be her perfume. Because it couldn't possibly be anything else.

Tony had been watching the show, and he was so not interested in the self-defense portion of it. He was however intrigued by their body language and especially by the odd looks that crossed both of their faces when they thought the other wasn't looking. There was definitely something going on, and he would almost be willing to be that even they didn't know it yet.

The plasma almost wore the soda that Tony had just taken a big gulp of when he saw Abby flip Gibbs on his back and proceed to straddle his chest thinking she'd pinned him, until Gibbs deftly flipped her over and he ended up being the stretched out on top of her. The two of them stayed that way for a long moment, a very long moment. And the looks on their faces made Tony chuckle. He couldn't wait to get Abby alone to tease her.

---------------

Gibbs was in the locker room taking a shower, a very cool shower, cold by many people's standards. He had been torn between mortified that he had become aroused right there in the middle of the gym, lying on top of her and frustrated that he didn't and couldn't just kiss her like he had been dying to do. He turned the water temp down another notch and wondered what Abby was thinking. He didn't think he would be able to stand it if she were completely repulsed by him now.

Abby was showering in the ladies locker room, trying to let the hot, tingling spray remove all traces of him from her skin. She was still trying to tell herself that it was simple pheromones, and the fact that she hadn't been with anyone in a while. And that all that was the reason she was instantly aroused when he was pressed on top of her. She knew that he had to have noticed the way she had wantonly arched into him when she felt his arousal. Oh god, he was never going to speak to her again.

---------------

tbc… Feedback is to the author what pizza is to DiNozzo