- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Agent Jordan's secret weapon...
Chapter 3

"Hello Director. I was just about to fill Jethro in on my findings." The older man in the surgical gown said.

Emma walked past him and looked first at the man, then at the woman. Before the doctor could speak, she started pointing things out. "They were both bound judging by the marks on the wrists and ankles, mostly likely facing each other at some point. They struggled as well or the bruising wouldn't be as bad as it is. The husband was killed first?" She asked, looking at the doctor to find everyone staring at her.

"Yes, time of death suggests he was killed at least an hour before the wife." The doctor told her. "Dr. Mallard. And you are?" he asked.

"Emma Jordan, I'm with the FBI. I've seen cases like this before."

"Where?" the blond woman asked, standing beside the silver-haired man Emma noticed earlier.

"Chicago." Emma answered.

"Agent Jordan, why don't we return to my office to talk?" Director Shepard said. It wasn't really a question and Emma understood this.

"Yes ma'am. It was nice to meet you Dr. Mallard." Emma walked back to the elevators and remained quiet on the return trip to the Director's office.

-------

"Who was that?" Gibbs asked.

"Emma Jordan, FBI." Hollis answered. For that she earned a stare. She smiled and turned to Ducky. "What were you about to say, Doctor?"

"Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!" Abby's voice shouted at them from the desk against the wall.

Ducky sighed. The interruptions were normal but still, the quicker he told Gibbs his findings the quicker he could go talk to Agent Jordan about her knowledge on the case.

"What is it Abs?" Gibbs asked, standing now in front of the small screen looking down at Abby.

"I got a hit on the hair Ducky found. No ID, but it matches several cases from the FBI. Does this mean Fornell will be working with us?" Abby asked, looking hopeful and aggravated at all the same time.

Gibbs remembered Abby still got upset thinking how Fornell had arrested Tony for murder and how she liked playing with his head from time to time.

"That's what I'm about to find out, Abs." He told her and walked out of autopsy without getting Ducky's full report.

-------

When the doors closed behind the three FBI agents, the Director sat at her desk. "Fornell?" she asked.

"From what I could tell by looking, the bruising and cuts all appear to be similar. Without having Dr. Mallard go over the other reports, I couldn't say for sure."

Emma moved restlessly and Shepard noticed. "You've already made up your mind this is the same killer, haven't you Agent Jordan?"

Emma looked her straight in the eye and explained. "I've been after this killer for 3 years, Director Shepard. Except for who he is and why he kills this way, I can tell you everything about him. He left the knife at the scene. There will be no evidence from him found on it - no blood, no prints, no sweat. There will be a hair on the female but the DNA won't match anything in the database except the FBI case files already open on this sick bastard. The husband will have been cut in three places – the brachial and femoral arteries and just for fun at the wrist. If he wasn't found in a pool of blood he was moved or the blood was drained. The nature of the killer leads me to think drained would be more his style. The wife would have watched her husband die. Then when the husband was dead, the killer turns his attention to the wife. First he terrorized her with the knife, making small cuts all over her body. He gets off on hearing them cry and beg for their life or hearing them beg him to end it already. He played with her for a while longer, the cuts getting deeper but he wasn't losing control he was still just toying with her. Finally, when she bled enough and cried, screamed and begged enough, he slit her throat. And even with all that blood, all that you'll find on the knife is DNA from the victims. He doesn't make mistakes. He is too smart for that. He doesn't want to get caught, he wants the power that killing gives him."

"So how do you plan on catching him?" the Director asked.

"One of his victims survived." Emma told them, turning away.

"I thought you said this guy didn't make mistakes." Agent Sacks said.

Emma looked over her shoulder at him. "He doesn't. If the ambulance hadn't come along when it did, I would have died."