- Text Size +
Story Notes:
the idea came to me while staring into space in music, i hope you like it. as always feedback is appreciated
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva has a recurring nightmare. can the team help her? and what will she do with the destraction of a case, concerning someone she knew
Chapter 1

Ziva awoke with a start. The sweat poured off her and the sheets stuck to her exposed flesh. She sensed a presence next to her in the bed and rolled over as not to disturb him. His middle length sandy blond hair fell across his peaceful face. Ziva crossed her bedroom into her on suit bathroom. She wet her face in the sink then drew her head up, making her dark hair sweep over so it was lying down her back. She gazed absently into the mirror. Her dark eyes were distant, even to her. She hated this feeling. She was worried, something that she usually never had to deal with. The recurring nightmare scared her. She always had a helpless feeling and one of emptiness. The current string of one night stands didn't help either. Ok, the sex was great but it didn't exactly make her feel wanted. Sure, she loved the chase of getting guys at different bars, but it was never quite as great the next morning when the pleasure of the tequila had vanished. She heard movement in the next room and prepared to kick him out. "Ziva?" a deep voice said groggily.
"I'm here" she said, walking confidently out of the bathroom.
"Last night was great" he said, kissing her deeply
"Um…Billy"
"What is it Hon?"
"Get out of my house, I have to go to work" she said bluntly.
"Ah, um…ok" he said quietly, kind of shocked. He gathered up his clothes, but paused in confusion.
"What is it?" she said impatiently.
"I can't find my boxers" he said quietly. She scanned the room, and stopped when she got to the bookcase adjacent to her bed.
"Up there" she said, pointing to the very top.
"T-thanks" he stuttered, grabbing them and heading out the door. Ziva quickly ran to the kitchen and turned the coffee machine on. Then she ran quickly ran back to the bedroom, grabbing clean underwear, a t-shirt and cargo-pants and pulling them quickly on. She greeted she didn't have time for her morning run, or a shower, but if she was late one more time this week, Gibbs would kill her. Strapping on her sidearm and backup, she grabbed a travel mug and poured the freshly made coffee into it before grabbing a jacket, slipping her knife in and making sure it was fully concealed at her waist before running out the door.

She ran from the elevator quickly to her desk, unaware of Gibbs' presence behind her. She collapsed into her chair and collected herself. "Officer David" a gruff voice came from behind her.
"Agent Gibbs" she said, screwing up her face.
"Why are you late?"
"Am I?" she said, knowing the answer.
"Yes, third time this week."
"Sorry boss. I had a problem to deal with this morning and I just…"
"Don't apologize, it's a sign of weakness."
"Ok Gibbs" she said, sitting down as he did the same at his own desk.
"And Ziva, don't let one night stands be a problem" he said, leaving her worried, and him with a smile on his face. Ziva was shattered from her lack of sleep. So and hour later, her head was down on the desk. She had drifted into unconsciousness, but minus the snoring for once. The dream was back, and haunting her head.

"Ziva!" a scared voice yelled. "Ziva, where are you?!" it yelled in Hebrew.
"Shhh, Tali. It's ok" she whispered in her sister's ear.
"No, it's really not. Ziva I don't know what to do"
"Tali, it'll be ok, just go wait in the car. I have to go inside for a minute" Ziva said, kissing her sister on the forehead.
"Ok Z, but just don't be to long"
"I won't. Go to the car" Ziva told her in her native tongue. Ziva felt heat sear her neck. She was forced forwards into the building, flying through the window, glass shattering all over her body. There was a ringing in both her ear, bombs going off will do that to you. She spun a round to see flames emanating for the remains of her car. There was yelling and crying people all over the place. Ziva's mind went to one place. Tali. Was she in the car? She didn't have to ask. She knew. Her baby sister was gone. She ran over to the car, screaming her name. she saw the innocent face of basically a little girl lying to her left. "Tali!" she shrieked, running over to her sister. Her eyes were closed and Ziva tried to pull her out form under the rubble, but screamed and weeped when she pulled, and found her baby sister severed in half. She was already dead, thanks god she hadn't suffered. Ziva pulled the star of David necklace from round Tali's neck and put it on her own. "I love you" she whispered, kissing her sister in the forehead.

"Tali!" she said as she awoke with a start.
"What?" Tony asked from across the bullpen.
"Nothing" she lied.
"Gear up, we've got a case." Gibbs said, hanging up the phone.
"Um, Gibbs. Do you mind if I catch you up? I am not prepared" she said, feeling the sweat run down her back.
"Ok, just this once. Knowing the way you drive, you'll beat us there. Probie, gas the truck. DiNozzo, you're with me"
"Got it boss" he said, grabbing his rucksack, while Ziva headed off in the other direction, out of site.
"Um, boss. Can I stay with Ziva? Just to make sure she is ok, she didn't look to good."
"If you must DiNozzo, I could do to not drive with you today." He said, running to the elevator while Tony headed to where Ziva left.
Chapter End Notes:
the idea came to me while staring into space in music, i hope you like it.

as always feedback is appreciated