- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Ziva sat at her desk deep in thought. She had dealt with personal cases before, when she as framed by the Iranians and not so long ago with Lt. Roy Sanders, but this was a whole new experience for her. Her one night stand was the key witness to a death that was probably her fault. It had to happen this week of all weeks. The nightmare made it almost impossible to focus in the first place. Ziva had no idea what had triggered them and all she wanted was a peaceful nights sleep without reliving her past. To top it all of, thoughts of Tony also plagued her. She had wanted more than anything to pull him into that shower with her this morning and have her way with him. She had felt that way for a while and thought he might have returned her feelings, but recently she had begun to doubt them. She glanced up to look at him and he must have felt her penetrating gaze as he looked up too and shot her the cheeky, famous DiNozzo grin. She returned the smile before sweeping her hair back with her left hand and letting it fall around her shoulders as she tried to get her mind in order. "Tell me we have something." Gibbs burst into the bullpen.
"We have something," Tony started, leaping up from his desk and practically running in front of Gibbs. "Our Vic is Kenneth Sandler, he is stationed at Norfolk, works inventory so basically he is jut a clerk." He paused.
"Is that it?" Gibbs growled.
"No" McGee piped in. "I checked his bank and phone records. Nothing abnormal, looks like a model sailor Boss"
"What the hell use is that to me McGee? I need something important!" he pushed himself up from his chair and barked in the junior agents face. Ziva jumped in, making Gibbs turn to face her.
"It appears he does not have a girlfriend. He likes going out with his friends, especially Sandy Lyon, who called it in… Gibbs?" she began, getting up her nerve, "Can I speak to you in private?" she asked quietly from her desk.
"Conference room" he told her gruffly, grabbing his coffee cup and moving to the elevator, Ziva following nervously. The doors slid shut, almost shutting the Israeli out. She stepped into the lit metal box and in between the second and third floors on the way down, Gibbs flicked the switch. The lights disappeared, leaving them only with an eerie dark glow. "What?" he shortly grunted.
"The woman Lyon spent the night with…"
"You have a lead on her?" he asked hopefully.
"Yes and no." she bit her lip, "It was me." She told him, head bowed.
"You?" he asked, covering his shock.
"Yes, and I am sorry I didn't tell you before but I was afraid you would pull me off the case."
"And what makes you think I wont do that now Officer David?" he asked through clenched teeth.
"Nothing. And I can understand if you do. But respectively, I can still do my job and I am not gonna let one big mistake ruin that." She answered, not backing down to the older man.
"I should pull you from the case, but you have one shot. Don't blow it."
"Wont happen again."
"I know." He told her, flicking the switch and returning to the third floor and into the squad room. Ziva followed and sat down at her desk again.
"What was that about?" Tony whispered to Ziva over the bullpen.
"Nothing Tony, it doesn't matter." She said, turning to her computer monitor.
"DiNozzo, David. You pull in your old friend Ziva." Gibbs ordered them and the grabbed their gear, jogging to the elevator.
"Old friend?" Tony asked confused.
"Billy Lyon."
"Why would he be…?" he asked, the confused look still plastered on his face,
"I slept with him." Ziva interrupted bluntly, pressing the button for the ground floor.
"You didn't?"
"Did you think I was a virgin?"
"I hope not." He told her with a smirk, and she returned the smile.

Tony and Ziva pulled up in Lyon's driveway and simultaneously exited the sedan. "So tell me," Tony started. "Was he good in bed?" he asked, trying to hide his jealously.
"Why Tony? Hoping to get into his boxers?"
"The term is into his pants, and no."
"Why just into the pants? The way I have been having sex you need closer contact than just…"
"Stop!"
"Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable Tony?" she said jokingly, stepping up onto the porch.
"No, it takes a little more than a few sexual innuendoes and an exotic accent to make me uncomfortable." He told her, ringing the bell.
"Only a little more? How disappointing." she said, cocking her head to the side as the door was yanked open.
"Ziva?" he asked shocked
"It is Officer David and I am agent DiNozzo, NCIS. We would like to ask you a few more questions, we spoke before." He said, moving in front of Ziva and blocking Billy's view of her.
"Of course I remember. Come in" he gestured into the house. "Kenny was my best friend. I can't believe he is dead." He said as they sat in the living room. He took a drink of coffee as Tony asked him more questions about his friend from the opposite chair as Ziva paced the room, which was obviously making Lyon nervous.
"And, I think," Billy continued, "That is anyone is to blame, it is you,." He turned to Ziva.
"Me?" she asked, spinning around.
"If you hadn't kicked me out he would've not had to come and get me and would still be alive."
"You don't know that." Tony stuck up for her.
"I do, this is all your fault [i]Officer David[/i]. I hope you rot in hell!" he spat at her. I take it you can show yourself out." He hissed, slamming the door to what they guessed was the bedroom, leaving them to get out.
"Well he was certainly pissed off." Ziva stated when they were back outside.
"Ya think Ziva?" he said sarcastically and she shot back a playful glare. I have only ever seen Gibbs more pissed than he was when someone spills his coffee."
"Wow that can't be pretty" Ziva screwed up her face.
"It isn't. And I hope you never have to experience that." Tony said softly, pulling his sunglasses back on and stepping back into the sedan, Ziva following suit.