- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Another addition to the BabyVerse series.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs extends Abby an invitation she can't refuse.
Abby switched off her music and grabbed her purse. She started out of her lab when she spotted Gibbs exiting the elevator. She smiled as she switched off the lights and swung her coat over her shoulder.

"Hey, you leaving?" Gibbs asked as he closed the distance between them.

"Yeah, how long are you going to be?" She asked, knowing he was working a case.

"I'm leaving too."

She stopped and looked at him with a pointedly, "I'm not so delicate that I can't see myself home, Gibbs."

"I know that," He frowned as he took her bag from her shoulder and helped her get into her coat, "Can't I just go home at a decent hour?"

"You could, but then you wouldn't be Gibbs," She smiled, "Really, I can get home by myself."

"I'm taking you home," He declared as he escorted her to the elevator.

"So you finished the case?"

"No."

"You don't feel good, then? Coming down with something?"

"No."

"Gibbs," Abby demanded his attention, "I'm pregnant, not dying."

"And I love you," Gibbs declared, "And I want to pamper you. So shush."

She grinned at the seriousness of his tone, "Yes sir," She saluted him.

He pulled her into his arms and kissed her lovingly, "Seriously, let me be a proud papa to be."

"I don't know if that should make me go Ahhhh or if I should be scared," She teased while holding onto him.

He grinned, "I'm going to take you home, run you a bath, fix dinner, feed you, and then make love you to until you fall into a deep exhausted sleep," He finished by placing a tender kiss on her lips.

"Hmmm, okay, pamper away," Abby laughed softly as she kissed him again.

Gibbs led her to his car. Once off the Navy Yard, Abby snapped her fingers, "I need to swing by my apartment first. I need to pick up some more clothes."

"I've been thinking about that," He began as he made the turn towards her apartment, "Why don't you sub-let your apartment and move in with me?"

Abby watched his face for any sign of doubt or second guessing, "Are you serious?"

"Don't I look serious?" He asked before he cracked a grin towards her, "You are practically living with me anyway. You should stop having to go back and forth to your apartment all the time. And with the baby on the way, we should start thinking about working on a nursery."

She burst into a big smile, throwing her arms around him and assaulting him with a thousand kisses, "I love you so much."

"I love you too, Abs," Gibbs spoke while trying to keep his eyes on the road, "Now could you put your seatbelt on? I don't want to kill you while trying to pamper you."

Abby chuckled as she moved back into her seat and put her seatbelt on. She smiled as she took his hand in hers, "I can't believe we're finally moving in together. But you know," She bit her lip, "The team is going to talk."

"They're already talking," He admitted.

"So, don't you think we should probably tell them or something?"

"No, we'll tell them when we're ready," He lifted her hand to his lips to kiss her skin, "On our terms."

"What are our terms?" She asked as he parked the car at her apartment building.

"I think we shouldn't spring this on them," He turned in his seat and looked at her, "I think we should ease them into it," He leaned over and kissed her once more, "Then again, I beginning to think they already have an inkling."

"You think? Then they already know," She said as she pursed her lips, "So why are they keeping it quiet and not asking about it?"

"I don't know," Gibbs kissed her quickly, "But I do know that we're wasting time. Go get your stuff, Abs, and let's go home."

Abby bounced out of the car and skipped as she made her way to her soon-to-be former apartment. She smiled as she unlocked the door and began to gather her things. As she shut off the lights and locked the door, she smiled brightly, "Let's go home."
Chapter End Notes:
Another addition to the BabyVerse series.